Other Pokemon: Smogon Version OU [Route 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second that. Twave and Wisp are a big part of the OU metagame and needs to be introduced soon, and this is the perfect spot to do so

Holy sh*t IRL has been tough.

Somebody bring me up to speed- do we have stealth rock available yet? If so then I second the statuses, if not we need sneaky pebbles since that move is literally was smogon is known for.

As for a trade, I'd say trade for a haunter that will turn into a gengar, timid natured of course.

Finally, I'll work on coloring the main characters soon, and then first gym leader designs in case no one else wants to do it.

Short post because job starts again in two minutes.

EDIT: lol I actually had some time after work was done. The lineart is like, 90% done at the moment. That's all I can do for today though. I'll post some competitive stuff for the route once I have a computer and am not tired.

Last edited:
I feel like this is where we should start introducing Ghost-types (read: pretty much just Gengar and filler). Hell, perhaps the next town can be similar to Ecruteak in that it would be a small village full of old traditions and culture, and home to some iteration of Pokemon Tower from Lavender Town. A bit late for Halloween themes, but it's never too late for 2spooky, right?

(Also think about how much fun we could have with our very own ghost story!)

Anyways, the Wild Pokemon Proposal in the grass on the route away from Dogars:

- Vullaby [Lv. 28-33] [UNCOMMON Rarity]
- Haunter [Lv. 32-35] [UNCOMMON Rarity]
- Litwick [Lv. 31-33] [COMMON Rarity]

Again, here is where we start to introduce the very start of 2spooky. Also, trade evolutions should be a non-issue. It's just an artificial game lengthener as far as we're concerned, and let's say (for the purposes of progression only) that trade evolutions are replaced with evolutions at level 37.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
ye if we have a lake we can put frillish there, and since ghosts are scarce on the viability list, maybe we can fit them all here. The tower seems a good idea to me, and we can put some mons that we don't want in the grass, like yamask, there.

ye if we have a lake we can put frillish there, and since ghosts are scarce on the viability list, maybe we can fit them all here. The tower seems a good idea to me, and we can put some mons that we don't want in the grass, like yamask, there.
I actually have a really cool, big idea ready for the new town - as big an idea as my Dogars City description, maybe even better. Gotta save it for when we actually get to the town though, no point posting it too early. :]

As for a hint at the theme: Who here has played Dragon Quest IX, and remembers the town of Coffinwell? Also, who remembers Lavender Town from RBY or FR/LG? Both thematic backdrops and general atmosphere will be in this idea.

Last edited:
Status Guy: Can be found in a small, rocky clearing. Uses an Ace Trainer model.

"Hey! You there! If I'm not mistaken, you're a Pokémon Trainer! You look like you could use some tips about battling, so listen up. I see you've already got a Toxic TM, right?"

Y/N

Either way:
"Well, as you may have figured out, Toxic inflicts the opponent with something called STATUS. Toxic does lots of damage over time, but there's other kinds of status too. Like Burn does less damage but halves their attack, see? You'll figure it out."

Hands the player Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave TMs.

"There's also these things, see, called minor statuses. These are things like Taunt, infatuation and confusion. I'm sure you'll see them on your travels. Now, you can apply those TMs if you want, and talk to me again if you are ready to see STATUS IN ACTION!"

When talked to again:
"You ready?"

Y/N

If yes:
You are challenged by Ace Trainer Cataclyptic! (Yeah, someone come up with a better name than a user.)
Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
Prankster
-Thunder Wave
-Attract
-Toxic
-Foul Play

Alright I sorta see the ghost and dark types gaining traction with yall (and I realized in my initial post I left off two mon slots in there) I'll get that fixed now.

- Common
- Rare

And I'd like to say that I'm counting Web's idea of Honedge trader being added here and would like him to expand on it a bit more. I will be proposing that we have a guy trade with you either a Dratini or a Ralts. The guy will be giving you a choice between the two of them. Thoughts?

Alright I sorta see the ghost and dark types gaining traction with yall (and I realized in my initial post I left off two mon slots in there) I'll get that fixed now.

- Common
- Rare

And I'd like to say that I'm counting Web's idea of Honedge trader being added here and would like him to expand on it a bit more. I will be proposing that we have a guy trade with you either a Dratini or a Ralts. The guy will be giving you a choice between the two of them. Thoughts?
Are we going to have an event move tutor? Dratini kinda wants extreme speed. Otherwise it looks great!

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Status Guy: Can be found in a small, rocky clearing. Uses an Ace Trainer model.

"Hey! You there! If I'm not mistaken, you're a Pokémon Trainer! You look like you could use some tips about battling, so listen up. I see you've already got a Toxic TM, right?"

Y/N

Either way:
"Well, as you may have figured out, Toxic inflicts the opponent with something called STATUS. Toxic does lots of damage over time, but there's other kinds of status too. Like Burn does less damage but halves their attack, see? You'll figure it out."

Hands the player Will-o-Wisp and Thunder Wave TMs.

"There's also these things, see, called minor statuses. These are things like Taunt, infatuation and confusion. I'm sure you'll see them on your travels. Now, you can apply those TMs if you want, and talk to me again if you are ready to see STATUS IN ACTION!"

When talked to again:
"You ready?"

Y/N

If yes:
You are challenged by Ace Trainer Cataclyptic! (Yeah, someone come up with a better name than a user.)
Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
Prankster
-Thunder Wave
-Attract
-Toxic
-Foul Play
i don't think we want the player to think that Attract is good, and now everyone has 6-mon teams(WebBowser could help you). Also we can tell about abilities like Flame Body and Poison Touch and Effect Spore, and ofc Natural Cure. It could be stretching it too far, but abilities like Limber, Immunity, Guts, and Insomnia also could be mentioned.

Edit: Are we still on the route to the town? It's a small route iirc so we could do some grasses and Phione's NPC and get done with it.(Unless someone else wants to add something ofc)

i don't think we want the player to think that Attract is good, and now everyone has 6-mon teams(WebBowser could help you). Also we can tell about abilities like Flame Body and Poison Touch and Effect Spore, and ofc Natural Cure. It could be stretching it too far, but abilities like Limber, Immunity, Guts, and Insomnia also could be mentioned.

Edit: Are we still on the route to the town? It's a small route iirc so we could do some grasses and Phione's NPC and get done with it.(Unless someone else wants to add something ofc)
We are still on the route to the town. Also the Dratini was just gonna have an E-Speed on it so.

Also after we wrap this route up, I'll be having a few announcements to make about the project so stay tuned! (Also with the full trade proposal there).

Oh gosh, I have NOT been receiving alerts for this topic lately (so thanks for tagging me SparksBlade). I could totally go for a spooky town right about now (eh we lose out on the "the next gym leader has a type that hits the previous gym leader super effectively" schtick, but w/e).

Phione I love the idea of a trainer that both explains stuff and battles you to show off said stuff, but Klefkei hasn't been 6-0 material since the days of swagplay. Also, stacking multiple major status' on the same set is a bad idea about 90% of the time, so we definitely want a full team. Since status is almost by nature stall oriented, it will definitely be a defensive-ish team. I'm a bit busy atm (**** real life sometimes) so I can't make a team, but I'd imagine that it would look something like this.

Toxic Staller
Defensive water type (frillish?)
Prankster twave klefki (gotta stop dem sweepers)
Slow bulky offensive mon with twave
More toxic stall
uhhhh.... I dunno. paraflinch togetic?

I finally did it! I present to you- Olivia and Ulrich, our male and female playable characters!!

For the rare pokemon on the route, let's go with either Gengar or ... or...(What's viable in OU besides gengar!? Um...) or dusknoir?

Now, I need someone to bring me up to speed: did we already decide the second gym leader/his team? Or are we getting to that after this route?

Also trainer proposal:

Black Belt Kagerou
Opening quote: "I can shatter ghosts with my fists!!"
Pangoro (M) @ Black Belt
Scrappy
- Parting Shot
- Brick Break
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
Ending quote: "No! My fists were shattered instead!!"
Talking afterwards: "I tried to defeat ghosts using my Pangoro's special ability... could this be just a gimmick...? Maybe I should just catch another pokemon to deal with ghosts."

To introduce the concept of Gimmicks and why they should be avoided.

Second trainer, more serious:

Ace Trainer Salemance
Opening quote: "I hate my name..."

Shelgon (F) @ Leftovers
Rock Head
- Double Edge
- Dragon Claw
- Protect
- Frusteration

Sliggoo (F) @ Leftovers
Sap Sipper
- Dragonbreath
- Body Slam
- Toxic
- Frusteration

Ending quote: "*Groan*..."
Talking afterwards "Stupid bet... *grumble grumble*"

:DDDDDDDD

I think we should have Salemance a bit later in the game, he at least deserves gym trainer for running this topic for so long (a dragon gym trainer that is)! As for the black belt, I think that he's a great opportunity to show why it's a bad idea to be overprepared for a certain type. Try to find 5 more mons and give them random moves and stuff that serve no purpose but to annoy ghost types (IE meditite with that berry that reduces ghost type damage, foresight no gaurd machoke, etc).

Oh yeah, I think we're heading for a spooky place or something (because belated Halloween stuff). I think OverlordDerp has some ideas for that stuff.

*edit*

P.S. Amazing job on those sprites, they look friggen amazing!

Trainer Proposal:

Rising Star Frank

Opening Quote: I'll blast you off like a rocket!

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
Level: 34
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Atk / 244 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 30
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 232 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drill Peck
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Spikes

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Level: 33
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 16 SpA / 244 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Protect
- Wish
- Scald

Gabite @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Level: 35
EVs: 8 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Bulldoze
- Dual Chop

Post battle quote: Nuts! I'm blasting off again!
If talked to afterwards: Using moves like Roar and Whirlwind will force your foe to switch. They'll even lose all their stat boosts and take damage from Spikes! Here, you can have this. *Gives TM05 Roar* I don't need it anymore.

Given this guy's difficulty, he should probably be optional to fight.

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Cataclyptic WHAT DID YOU DO WITH OLIVIA'S LEGS?! Chop them down slick quick!
For the gimmick thing, something could spam Ancient Power and Ominous Wind "cos they can boost your every stat at once"

ye Salemance should come later as a Dragon Master/Tamer w/e on some Victory Road route, "Did you like the game so far? Yes?! Well, i helped a lot during it's early phase, and was the leader of the few who were with the game-building throughout, unlike chou ho left after writing the OP. I deserve a freaking badge for this at least." and the rant can go on. When talked to later, message says "Still ranting!".

lol Salemance dont mind jk :)

For the gimmick thing, something could spam Ancient Power and Ominous Wind "cos they can boost your every stat at once"
Let's save the "lol bad moves because I'm bad!" stuff for TLS. Being overprepared for a certain type or threat is a mistake that legitimate teambuilders make.

On a side note (and this goes for everyone), can we not bash other users, like, ever? It's one thing to poke fun at their name or at some quirk their known for (for example, I was once known for trying really hard to make CB ninjask viable in OU... worked until talonflame became popular), it's another thing to call them out on something they worked hard on and put legitimate effort into.

So basically, don't be jerks, this is actually a relatively friendly place by Internet standards (which, granted, are quite low) and I want to keep it that way (or better yet, make it friendlier).

SparksBlade

Community Leader
WebBowser said:
this is actually a relatively friendly place by Internet standards (which, granted, are quite low)
honestly i lol'd at that one, and sorry about the bashing was jk nothing serious :)
i think i will post my plot line after OverlordDerp does the town outline, that will help

Alright, since again, short Route, is time to conclude Route 6!

Here we will find not much if many things except a slightly barren land that still has some vegetation but seems to have giving off the idea of ghosts (or other dark like things) wandering their way in as shown by what mons can be caught here:

Haunter (uncommon) Lvl 26-34
Litwick (common) Lvl 27-32
Vullaby (uncommon) Lvl 28-34
Larvitar (rare) Lvl 32-34
Deino (common) Lvl 28-32

Then there are a few oddballs on the route who just seem to be minding their own business. One who is willing to trade you either a Ralts or a Dratini (with E-Speed) for a Gligar and a man who wishes to bestow on you the missing status Tms (cause who doesnt like those?). Along with two trainers here who seem to comment more on how much they wished they had just forged forward to the next town instead of standing here with all the ghosts...

And non route related, more news on Sprites: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-53#post-5843792

Anyway, thats the new wrap up.

Now non Wrap Up related News. Yall have all seen for the past while that Chou has not been talking much and this is not due to his lack of effort. He has had a multitude of IRL issues to sort through, and has thus transferred the OP to me, and through some technical issues, I am gonna have to have Haunter Lock up this thread so I can post a new one. It will still be the same goals and everything just new thread and new ownership. Sorry for the inconvenience and hope to see yall in the new thread. All yours Haunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)