pokemon storage system lore

I do like the ranch theory for the PC, though it commonly being referred to as a "storage system" seems to imply otherwise, or at least that there is some form of electronic storage involved along with the ranch.

On the subject of space for such a ranch, what happens to all the little level ones released in breeding projects? I can understand the release of leveled pokemon as despite their becoming used to humans/pokeballs/however we care for them, their combat experience would generally provide them with plenty of preparation for fending for themselves. But the little guys got nothing. I suppose considering that all game cartridges are separate we could say there are an infinite number of dimensions solving any problem in regards to living space...

Actually, would releasing a pokemon so much stronger than any of its competition be good for any environment? I did see one theory that could justify it along with several other confusing things. If we only saw pokemon that wished to be found and the stronger ones simply didn't show up, it would make a bucket load of sense.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
On the subject of space for such a ranch, what happens to all the little level ones released in breeding projects? I can understand the release of leveled pokemon as despite their becoming used to humans/pokeballs/however we care for them, their combat experience would generally provide them with plenty of preparation for fending for themselves. But the little guys got nothing. I suppose considering that all game cartridges are separate we could say there are an infinite number of dimensions solving any problem in regards to living space...

Actually, would releasing a pokemon so much stronger than any of its competition be good for any environment? I did see one theory that could justify it along with several other confusing things. If we only saw pokemon that wished to be found and the stronger ones simply didn't show up, it would make a bucket load of sense.
While a bit off topic that is an interesting question. Assuming you release it in a habitat it can thrive in (being releasing is done via PC could be the PC transfer the Pokemon to a habitat deemed safe for that Pokemon, which makes you wonder about some Pokemon who don't have natural habitats (starters, fossils, Legendaries). Maybe they're send to a research center instead of completely released? It's not like a Legendary wouldn't be able to break out if they wanted to while the starter and fossil would probably feel right at home) with all the newly hatched babies with higher than an average wild Pokemon's IVs presents an interesting scenario. First off, I'd imagine those who are prone to have predators or get involved in a territory dispute probably would get most likely eaten/killed. As they slowly grow and level up though the likelihood of this happening will decrease which will bring us to the next phase: establishing dominance. While good IVs probably not useful on a wild newly hatched Pokemon, for an older Pokemon those IVs would make them superior to the other wild Pokemon and they can slowly start building themselves and their territory up. Some may get killed or put in their place during this time as well, but I think for the most part they'll prove themselves to be capable. Thus they become dominant members, possibly even alphas of their own group, and breed to have babies who will also have higher than normal IVs (though probably rarely as high as the dominant parent). And thus, Arceus true plan for his children comes into fruition. Slowly and surely the careless humans and happily keep breeding and releasing stronger and stronger hatchling which will grow up and strengthen the wild habitat until they too finally will have perfect or nearly perfect IVs. And once the humans have complete their role... I'm sorry, I went completely off track there. What were we talking about again?

Tl;dr version: most will probably die, those who don't will flourish and have babies also with high IVs, that's Arceus plan from the start as humans unknowingly slowly help Pokemon become the dominant species by doing this.

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)