Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! You can’t catch any Pokémon until you finish the trial!
Once we start the trial, we can't catch Pokémon until we finish it. If the "swap option" mechanic from the demo is in the full game, this is probably how the game prevents us from changing our team mid-trial. If not, I'm not sure what the point is.

Pretty sure the Tapus share the Oricorio types. Electric/Fairy, Psychic/Fairy, Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy.

Missing models reveal our Totem Pokémon:

[Normal] Gumshoos/Raticate
[Electric] Vikavolt
[Grass] Lurantis
[Fire] Salandit-evo
[Ghost or Fairy] Mimikyu
[Dragon or Fighting] Kommo-o

I can't find any listing with a missing Wishiwashi model, which is weird since it's been pretty much confirmed as a Totem mon (and we do have a Water Captain, so we need a Water-type Totem, I'd assume). I don't know if it might point toward there being more Totem Pokémon (and thus trials), but if we include Wishiwashi, then we have seven... I wouldn't be surprised if one more was missing to complete the Gym-like number eight. Easily divisible by four islands, too. My guess in such a case would be an Ice trial maybe - with either Crabyeti or Sandslash/Ninetales. Could be version-dependent like the first one.
If those are the only Totem Pokemon, it may mean that digitalspy was right about there being only 7 Trials in the game.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Currently Protect failing doesn't necessarily mean you get hurt though. You could be staused. They could switch out. Their move could miss. Unless that's a huge new mechanic change that can't be Protect's fail message.

lol I'm not gonna pretend this matters at all. Look at Scald and tell me if it really does matter.
Still RNG that can and most likely will fuck you up at some point. I'd have much prefered if they had tweaked the damage formula instead.
The damage you take from confusion is not even a problem. It's missing a turn because of it. Missing a turn in Pokemon usually ends up losing you a mon or he match

I wonder if there will be a Burning Terrain to go with Electric and now Psychic ones to go with the Fire/Fairy Tapu Pokemon.
What would it prevent?
Also maybe a Ghost Terrain?
I fantasize with this, I would just LOVE IT.

Not sure on the effects, but being also auto-setted with an ability makes me gag.

Pretty sure the Tapus share the Oricorio types. Electric/Fairy, Psychic/Fairy, Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy.
Is there anything that has indicated that all the Island Guardians would share the Fairy type? I know it's been the prevailing sentiment around here, but not sure if there was ever a source for it.

Reactions: FMD
Wait, I think I've figured out one of the 7 Pokémon with an exclusive Z-Move we don't know yet.

First off, a Z-Move animation doesn't change according to the base move. It doesn't matter if the super attack turns out physical or special, the animation is the same (see Thunderbolt/Nuzzle Gigavolt Havoc in the demo).

That being said, I'm pretty sure we've seen two animations for a fighting type Z-Move on the videos shown so far. One used by Lucario - it stands still and its body/aura shoots off multiple fists (iirc this was shown on the Japanese version of the Nintendo Direct that revealed Alolan Ratatta). Another one used by Bewear - it dishes out a single powerful punch (you can see it on the video where Solgaleo/Lunala jump into a warp at the end).

One could argue one of them isn't a fighting type attack, but I think it's extremely unlikely. Z-Moves featured by fighting type mons involving fists and punching?

If we had to bet on who's getting an exclusive Z-Move... does Lucario really need more attention/buffs?

Interesting to note: the english version of that same Nintendo Direct showed Gengar using a Ghost type Z-Move. Was that the generic one or could it be...

No, "Robinroot" is just what folks around here have been calling it since it was spoiled.
Ah, well I guess we were still close then in ideas.

I wonder what they will call it, as the confirmation cements this as my new favorite Pokemon, as Owls are my favorite animal, and before now, the only owl Pokemon we had was Noctowl...
And Noctowl SUCKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)