Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping primarina's sig move works like wake-up slap or smelling salts in that it doubles the damage if the foe is burnt and heals it. Otherwise I don't see much use. Also, according to serebii battle spot and free battle don't have triple or rotation battles. Did they take them out of the game? I don't care that much for rotation but I enjoyed triple battles.

Last edited:

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm hoping primarina's sig move works like wake-up slap or smelling salts in that it doubles the damage if the foe is burnt and heals it. Otherwise I don't see much use. Also, according to serebii battle spot and free battle don't have triple or rotation battles. Did they take them out of the game? I don't Carlie that much for rotation but I enjoyed triple battles.
yeah based on that, the information on the new pgl/battle spot from the official stuff and stuff like this https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/791201373106962433 now it's a pretty safe bet those are gone

Deadeye is going to be my starter 100%. A competitively viable starter with a badass typing based off of a freaking sniper and the fast one of the 3. Man I'm hyped.

{sulk} I saw great potential for Rotation...What was it missing in everyone else's eyes?
I think the problem was/is that there is no penalty for switching, which means that players will often just switch every turn. Obviously that doesn't have to be the case, but that's what happens when people with a Singles/Doubles mindset go into Rotation Battles. This results in potentially long, drawn out matches, that feel tedious more than anything. If the format had been given more attention (like if it were the format for VGC for a season), I think people would have come around, but it and Triples were always sort of just in the background.

yeah based on that, the information on the new pgl/battle spot from the official stuff and stuff like this https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/791201373106962433 now it's a pretty safe bet those are gone
I guess I can't blame them, they never really had a big focus in the first place and probably weren't as popular
It's a shame, though, they were nice diversions

Weren't there a handful of moves that were triple-specific? Guess those will just get reworked

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, is it possible for the simulator to still support those formats? Or will they disappear if they're not present in the games proper?
I could see triples being an OM. Rotation has never been a thing on the sim so I doubt it will become one now that the format is out.

CYNTHIA'S IN THE GAME
CYNTHIA'S IN THE GAME
MOTHERF***ING CYNTHIA'S IN THE GAME

That aside, is anyone else somewhat peeved at that fact that Tapu Fini (dolphin-like Water/Fairy Guardian) gets a Fairy-type Terrain ability (Misty Surge) instead of a Water-type one? I get that making a Water terrain might be somewhat difficult since Rain already exists, but it seems very, very wrong that one of the four Guardians gets a Terrain ability that works on their shared type, while the other three gets abilities for their own unique types (Electric, Psychic, Grass).

CYNTHIA'S IN THE GAME
CYNTHIA'S IN THE GAME

That aside, is anyone else somewhat peeved at that fact that Tapu Fini (dolphin-like Water/Fairy Guardian) gets a Fairy-type Terrain ability (Misty Surge) instead of a Water-type one? I get that making a Water terrain might be somewhat difficult since Rain already exists, but it seems very, very wrong that one of the four Guardians gets a Terrain ability that works on their shared type, while the other three gets abilities for their own unique types (Electric, Psychic, Grass).
i'm more surprised it was water type and not ghost.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
CYNTHIA'S IN THE GAME
CYNTHIA'S IN THE GAME
As are Red and Blue/Green, wich is by far the best thing GameFreak could do to celebrate their 20 year birthday. Having Red's shirt say "96" is really clever.
Also dang it Red 20 years have passed and you still don't know how to speak

Last edited:
How insane is it that there are only 18 pokemon left. That's counting the ultra beasts and one is marshadow who probably wont be shown at all for like a year!

5 alolan forms left and 1 was already in the demo.

*pushes chips in*
i think they're going to reveal all the non-marshadow, non-ultra beasts left before the games are officially out

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So... Cosmog was revealed alone. Pretty sure this wouldn't make sense if it was related to only Lunala as they didn't show the Star Orb.
Inb4 the star is named "Wandag"
The other orb thing we thought was a counterpart looks a bit more "complete" now that I'm looking at it a bit harder. Maybe Cosmog evolves into that and then that evolves into the cover Legend based on what game you're playing?

The other orb thing we thought was a counterpart looks a bit more complete. Maybe it evolves into that and then they scope into the cover Legend based on what game you're playing?
That seems to be the prevailing theory.

I saw a comment on Reddit that said something like "Why'd they show us the Lunala mini but not the Solgaleo mini?" The answer is in the question: They're not "Lunala mini" and "Solgaleo mini", they're both pre-evos of both Legendaries.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
The other orb thing we thought was a counterpart looks a bit more "complete" now that I'm looking at it a bit harder. Maybe Cosmog evolves into that and then that evolves into the cover Legend based on what game you're playing?
Well, that's what I was thinking about actually. While I can't see Legendaries with Pre-Evos, that's probably how they would do it if they do have prevos

And can we just apreciate the fact that we can use Ash Greninja and Ash's Pikachu to battle against Red?

Last edited:
Well, that's what I was thinking about actually. While I can't see Legendaries with Pre-Evos, that's probably how they would do it if they do have prevos

And can we just apreciate the fact that we can use Ash Greninja and Ash's Pikachu to battle against Red?
Screw that beat green with ash-pikachu revenge never tasted so sweet
Also guardian of alola plus psychic surge is gonna push lele into ou for sure

Does Red and Blue's apperance in Alola, as well as Ash's mention, mean that Red and Ash exist in the same dimension? I have a feeling they are not related other than being from Pallet Town, so I'm all for it.

Does Red and Blue's apperance in Alola, as well as Ash's mention, mean that Red and Ash exist in the same dimension? I have a feeling they are not related other than being from Pallet Town, so I'm all for it.
They've referenced the anime in the games before (Steven's Shiny Beldum), but the anime has too many inconsistencies with the games in terms of lore/plot/how stuff works. I think it's just an Easter Egg and doesn't have lasting implications for game lore.

My problem is red is 20 years older and brock didn't age in between red and season one keep in mind ash hasn't had a year pass and green/gary are the same guy but have an age gap of 20 years, time lord confirmed?

My problem is red is 20 years older and brock didn't age in between red and season one keep in mind ash hasn't had a year pass and green/gary are the same guy but have an age gap of 20 years, time lord confirmed?
Not to mention that Wally doesn't visibly age despite game canon being that the Hoenn and Kanto stories take place relatively around the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)