Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did triple & rotation even have a single trainer that did it outside of the battle maison/battle spot in gen 6?

Well, this confirms Lusamine as a battle, Aether logo with a tremendous focus on the feet and upwards motion.

They are really selling Lusamine as a fetish fuel station with that intro.

Needles to say , the rainbow and dark vortex with a small splash of water does catch my eye.

Is brush y eyebrows loli with a mudsdale confirmed for a Kahuna after this?

Last edited:
I really do wonder what the last set of background / intro animations are for (4:35 to end). All the same with various camera angles and effects...

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I really do wonder what the last set of background / intro animations are for (4:35 to end). All the same with various camera angles and effects...
I feel like those might be used for rematch battles of important trainers, or are probably for WiFi battles. It's unknown as of now.

Those kukui placeholder animations are hilarious, and definitely confirm not only a team aether battle, but many, shown by the double battle screen for aether as well.

There is seemingly only one UB intro, but the one at 3:44 has serious vibes of something massive, perhaps the big bad crab UB at the end of the pokedex.

In case anyone is interested, I did some spreadsheeting on the confusion nerf in generation 7. Given a single infliction of confusion, this is the probability of how many times you will hit yourself before snapping out of confusion:

Code:
Hits    Gen 6       Gen 7
0       0.234375    0.443275
1       0.40625     0.39315
2       0.25        0.1359
3       0.09375     0.02565
4       0.015625    0.002025

Average 1.25        0.75
The biggest change here is that the chance of confusion fizzling without ever causing the target to hurt themselves is much, much higher. In fact, it's almost a 50/50 now as to whether you will hurt yourself at all. This has a huge effect on the way you respond to confusion, and means accepting the risks of confusion is going to be preferable to switching much more frequently. You can see how swagplay will struggle with numbers like these.

I think this pretty definitively nerfs moves that only inflict confusion (like Swagger and Confuse Ray) into the ground. Moves like Hurricane, Dynamic Punch, and Chatter will probably take the nerf in stride since they're pretty much exclusively used by pokemon that get STAB on them anyways. The interesting one will be Outrage, which just got a lot better. There's the obvious improvement that you can now stay in and accept a lower risk of confusing yourself, but it also makes the situation much more difficult for an opponent to read. In story-mode, Supersonic looks nearly useless now, and Confuse Ray is the new Supersonic. In gen 7 Supersonic has a 70% chance to fail (either due to missing or the opponent snapping out of confusion harmlessly) and even when it does work you're unlikely to hit yourself repeatedly. Some back-of-the-napkin math suggests that even with the occasional free turn, it is significantly inferior move for Zubat than Astonish (yes, the 30 BP non-STAB move). It's that bad now. Confuse Ray, meanwhile, is about as effective as Supersonic used to be. Which is to say, probably not worth a moveslot even on a story-mode team.

One thing to note is that in generation 6 confusion was attacker-advantaged, with 1.25 turns of confusion damage per affliction of confusion. This meant that if you were using a move like Confuse Ray or Swagger you would generate more free turns (on average) than it cost you to inflict the status. In generation 7 it's slanted the opposite direction in defender advantage, with 0.75 turns of confusion damage for every affliction of confusion. What's surprising is that if Gamefreak picked 40% chance to hurt yourself in confusion instead they would have gotten an attacker/defender equilibrium, but they went for a significantly lower number than that. I don't think they're pulling numbers from a hat; there was a definitive choice to give a defender advantage on confusion.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Code:

Average 1.25        0.75
I believe speak for all of us when I say this.

YES! SUCK IT YA STUPID KEY CHAIN!! LET ME DRINK YOUR TEARS!!!!1!!1!

(If anyone feels sorry for Klefki or likes Swag Play, you have serious issues.)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Also, hey there Dragonite. Isn't this an outraging change?
Hm... That reminds me of a Pokedex Entry
Sapphire Pokedex said:
By evolving into Salamence, this Pokémon finally realizes its long-held dream of growing wings a confusion nerf. To express its joy, it flies and wheels all over the sky while spouting flames from its mouth.
Yep, Dragons are celebrating the Outrage buff by spamming Outrage.

In case anyone is interested, I did some spreadsheeting on the confusion nerf in generation 7. Given a single infliction of confusion, this is the probability of how many times you will hit yourself before snapping out of confusion:

Code:

Average 1.25        0.75
The biggest change here is that the chance of confusion fizzling without ever causing the target to hurt themselves is much, much higher. In fact, it's almost a 50/50 now as to whether you will hurt yourself at all. This has a huge effect on the way you respond to confusion, and means accepting the risks of confusion is going to be preferable to switching much more frequently. You can see how swagplay will struggle with numbers like these.

I think this pretty definitively nerfs moves that only inflict confusion (like Swagger and Confuse Ray) into the ground. Moves like Hurricane, Dynamic Punch, and Chatter will probably take the nerf in stride since they're pretty much exclusively used by pokemon that get STAB on them anyways. The interesting one will be Outrage, which just got a lot better. There's the obvious improvement that you can now stay in and accept a lower risk of confusing yourself, but it also makes the situation much more difficult for an opponent to read. In story-mode, Supersonic looks nearly useless now, and Confuse Ray is the new Supersonic. In gen 7 Supersonic has a 70% chance to fail (either due to missing or the opponent snapping out of confusion harmlessly) and even when it does work you're unlikely to hit yourself repeatedly. Some back-of-the-napkin math suggests that even with the occasional free turn, it is significantly inferior move for Zubat than Astonish (yes, the 30 BP non-STAB move). It's that bad now. Confuse Ray, meanwhile, is about as effective as Supersonic used to be. Which is to say, probably not worth a moveslot even on a story-mode team.

One thing to note is that in generation 6 confusion was attacker-advantaged, with 1.25 turns of confusion damage per affliction of confusion. This meant that if you were using a move like Confuse Ray or Swagger you would generate more free turns (on average) than it cost you to inflict the status. In generation 7 it's slanted the opposite direction in defender advantage, with 0.75 turns of confusion damage for every affliction of confusion. What's surprising is that if Gamefreak picked 40% chance to hurt yourself in confusion instead they would have gotten an attacker/defender equilibrium, but they went for a significantly lower number than that. I don't think they're pulling numbers from a hat; there was a definitive choice to give a defender advantage on confusion.
Could there be any VGC or Battle Spot-related reason behind this, or it's just to make some wild Pokemon significantly less annoying?

Gotta say the use of the kukui model makes for a hilarious time just because of all the crotch shots
It's all crotch and abs. I'm sure that somewhere, the fangirls (and fanboys, too. I'm not here to judge anyone) are rejoicing XD

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

The battle intros/backgrounds for sumo, obviously the camera angles are going to be off since we don't have certain models.
I'm going to mainly focus on the backgrounds and entrances instead of the animations:

0:05: Wild Battle in grass.
0:09: Wild Battle on water.
0:12: Wild Battle on rocky terrain/in cave?
0:16: Wild Battle in desert. (yes, there is a desert in Hawaii, it's called "Ka'u Desert" and it's on Hawai'i/Big Island and is known for its acid rain die to volcanic vents releasing sulfur dioxide. However there's no cacti because plantlife can't grow there (also cacti as we popularly know them are native to the USA, Central America, and South America but that's neither here nor there)).
0:25: Single Trainer Battle.
0:30: Double/Tag Trainer Battle.
0:38: Single Trainer Battle (Blue).
0:44: Double/Tag Trainer Battle (Blue). (Not quite sure what this is about. Have we ever seen a Sun & Moon trainer battle happen at night? Maybe at night they switch to this blue background?)
0:50: Hmm, for the Champion?
0:59: VS Kiawe?
1:04: VS Ilima?
1:10: VS Flying-type Captain? (possibly guy with Pelipper in Demo trailer)
1:14: VS Ghost/Psychic/Fairy Captain? (highly possible the mystical-looking girl in Demo trailer)
1:21: VS Lana?
1:26: VS Rival Hau. (Maybe also for Sophocles?)
1:42: Vs Mallow?
1:49: ??? (I have no clue, it looks intense so it has to be for something important, right?)
1:57: Team Skull Single Battle.
2:09: VS Hala.
2:16: VS Olivia?
2:23: VS unknown Kahuna (if they specialize in types, maybe Dark-type)?
2:35: VS unknown Kahuna (if the specialize in types, maybe Ground-type. This may mean the rancher girl with the Mudsdale in the demo trailer is a Kahuna?)
2:39: (Not too sure what's with the second pair of Team Skull animations, maybe or Guzma, Plumeria, and Gladion? This would indicate they either have a Tag Battle with either a grunt or maybe with one another at some point)
3:08: Aether Foundation Single Battle.
3:19: Aether Foundation Double/Tag Battle.
3:42: Cover Legendaries? Ultra Beasts?
4:08: SOS Battle for Cover Legendaries/Ultra Beasts? (Guessing Ultra Beasts, meaning you may be battling a batch of Ultra Beasts at once!)
4:17: Wild Battle on rough water/in sky?
4:21: Wild Battle in flower patch.
4:25: Wild Battle in ??? (look like dark red flowers. Hmm, could some of these animations maybe be from within the Ultra Beasts dimension?)
4:29: Wild Battle in icy terrain.
4:32: Wild Battle in brown grass. (ash covered?)

The concept of being able to battle multiple UB'S at once is intriguing and might make for an actually hard boss fight. Then again this is a Pokemon game....

The concept of being able to battle multiple UB'S at once is intriguing and might make for an actually hard boss fight. Then again this is a Pokemon game....
I think it's more likely they summon in other near by pokemon. Beauty's description is all about this, for example.

So, now we have the Starter Art, the datamined images, and the TCG packs as evidence that Rowlet Hood, Liften, and Poppliovely are real. I can't wait to hear the reasons why people still don't believe they're real XP

So, now we have the Starter Art, the datamined images, and the TCG packs as evidence that Rowlet Hood, Liften, and Poppliovely are real. I can't wait to hear the reasons why people still don't believe they're real XP
"The TCG Box Art was faked and you're all falling for a scam" <- only excuse I could think of and even that has like the giant flaw of it being on the official twitter.

Anyway I've been kinda behind with a lot of stuff here but damn Lass Elise sure gets around. A lot of these intros, specifically the Trident ones are really cool looking. Especially liking the blue shadow effect on a lot of them.

I feel really bad for Confuse Ray because even if it was terrible in competitive it still had a use in game and I always had great fun using it but now I can't help but think it's lot even that.

Code:

Average 1.25        0.75

At first, nerf for paralysis and now confusion.
Oh man, I feel very sorry for Lanturn :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)