Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A decently good steel ghost is something we need tbh.

It sucks how we can't get typings if you hack the Pokemon in, I wanted to know the typing of Alolan Dugtrio. Ground Dragon with Arena trap hole!

Also Bruxish and Komala confirmed no evolutions.

I can't find Ten Carat Hill on the map. There is no where that contains a peninsula consisting of a mountain. There is water on both side on the Ten Carat Hill, and that doesn't match up with anything on Mele Mele. Could it be this is a demo-exclusive area? Or are the overhead in-game map that bad? It would be weird, because every detail of the hub city is viewable on the in-game map.

http://i.imgur.com/T9T2PIz.png

I can't find Ten Carat Hill on the map. There is no where that contains a peninsula consisting of a mountain. There is water on both side on the Ten Carat Hill, and that doesn't match up with anything on Mele Mele. Could it be this is a demo-exclusive area? Or are the overhead in-game map that bad? It would be weird, because every detail of the hub city is viewable on the in-game map.

http://i.imgur.com/T9T2PIz.png
Remember a guy takes you there and you just warp out so its probably not walkable distance heck could be on another island for all we know

Remember a guy takes you there and you just warp out so its probably not walkable distance heck could be on another island for all we know
I can't find any other are on the maps that match either, which is what has me a little perplexed.

While I'm not disagreeing with you, if anything I'm agreeing with you, I just would find that incredibly awkward.
I feel like it's implied you WALK there, lol.

EDIT: I am referring to it being on another island and us "walking" there. That would have some interesting implications. xD

While I'm not disagreeing with you, if anything I'm agreeing with you, I just would find that incredibly awkward.
I feel like it's implied you WALK there, lol.
If you walk there, you have to walk on water, because as far as I can tell after eyeing the in-game map for about 20 minutes, I can't find any place on Mele Mele that comes close to matching Ten Carat Hill.

If you walk there, you have to walk on water, because as far as I can tell after eyeing the in-game map for about 20 minutes, I can't find any place on Mele Mele that comes close to matching Ten Carat Hill.
Lol now I can't wait to see where it is really at.

That old man is like Jesus.

Lol now I can't wait to see where it is really at.

That old man is like Jesus.
It's driving me crazy. The maps are so detailed, and we've seen that crater location in so many trailers that it can't be a demo-exclusive. But the "route" leading up to it is nowhere to be find. I'm going over the "paintings" and the in game maps, and I've got nothing.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Found this earlier, labels Alolan Dugtrio as an electric type ?

Is this legit ?
the only reason it's electric with static is because its typing and ability were stubbed with pikachu's, don't believe any images or rumors about the stats/typing/abilitites of pokemon who haven't been revealed outside of datamining the demo.

Take this time to remind people to read the OP, especially the big bold text, it's for your benefit.

the only reason it's electric is because its typing and ability were stubbed with pikachu's so that's why it's electric with static don't believe any images or rumors about the stats/typing/abilitites of pokemon who haven't been revealed outside of datamining the demo.
Cheers good sir :) Appreciated

It's driving me crazy. The maps are so detailed, and we've seen that crater location in so many trailers that it can't be a demo-exclusive. But the "route" leading up to it is nowhere to be find. I'm going over the "paintings" and the in game maps, and I've got nothing.
I honestly haven't looked at the maps in detail, yet.

I always took those with a grain of salt every since I was a kid playing gen 3.
I forgot what exactly was different from the map I saw before the game was out, but I recall it being a pretty big difference than it was in game. If that makes sense.

I don't know, I'm tired still. Lol.

I honestly haven't looked at the maps in detail, yet.

I always took those with a grain of salt every since I was a kid playing gen 3.
I forgot what exactly was different from the map I saw before the game was out, but I recall it being a pretty big difference than it was in game. If that makes sense.

I don't know, I'm tired still. Lol.
Yeah, but these are the in-game detailed maps. It's more akin to the "soaring" map of ORAS, and the hub-city is really detailed.

Yeah, but these are the in-game detailed maps. It's more akin to the "soaring" map of ORAS, and the hub-city is really detailed.
I know what you mean, it's just my formentioned experience left an "expect the unexpected" impression on me. Whether or not I really should expect the unexpected is another story, that's just how I am now regarding maps for ANY game.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion

Found this earlier, labels Alolan Dugtrio as an electric type ?

Is this legit ?
@Customizable Mega rings: Those existed in ORAS and are worn by different characters (Mega Anchor and Archie, for example). These are in Sun and Moon as part of leftover coding. It's very likely that we can't use them.

Something that might be worthy of noting is that, in one of the latest Japanese trailers (the one that reveals Megas are back), your character lacks a specialized Mega Ring and the game text states that your Pokemon's mega stone reacts to your Key Stone (as opposed to Z-Ring), in the same way that the Elite4 Mega Evolutions do.

am i the only one who sees this akin to the monkeys of this generation? like they dont share colors, have different claws, different mouths, etc. what makes people think it's an evolution? im all for the crabrawler to evolve, but i just don't see it between the two above. perhaps i'm missing something.
Other than what other people mentioned, the official site text gives some good clues: "Crabrawler has a personality that really hates to lose, and it’s driven not only to aim for a higher position than its fellows in terms of social standing, but literally to aim for a higher position in the landscape. Perhaps as a result, it’s sometimes found clinging to tall people or to the walls of buildings!".

Crabrawler aims for higher positions in the "landscape", liking to climb tall objects. Alola has a giant ice-topped mountain which is probably a dream come true for Crabrawler. Yeti crabs are a thing, and yetis are generally associated with mountains. The evolution's claws look like paws and it develops a fluffy white fur coat. So the line is coconut crab that climbs tall objects -> climbs a mountain -> becomes a literal yeti crab-yeti combo. The climbing to higher positions fits the competitive boxing/Fighting theme of rising through the ranks too. It's all a bit of a pun. It's a really fun one though imo.

Other than what other people mentioned, the official site text gives some good clues: "Crabrawler has a personality that really hates to lose, and it’s driven not only to aim for a higher position than its fellows in terms of social standing, but literally to aim for a higher position in the landscape. Perhaps as a result, it’s sometimes found clinging to tall people or to the walls of buildings!".

Crabrawler aims for higher positions in the "landscape", liking to climb tall objects. Alola has a giant ice-topped mountain which is probably a dream come true for Crabrawler. Yeti crabs are a thing, and yetis are generally associated with mountains. The evolution's claws look like paws and it develops a fluffy white fur coat. So the line is coconut crab that climbs tall objects -> climbs a mountain -> becomes a literal yeti crab-yeti combo. The climbing to higher positions fits the competitive boxing/Fighting theme of rising through the ranks too. It's all a bit of a pun. It's a really fun one though imo.
Add to this the fact that the crabs are some of the few pokemon that are found on all four islands, and it seems obvious to me that we'll have Crabrawler early on and then it's yeti-like evolution first appearing on that snowy peak on island 3 with the rest of the ice-types.

Oh! I just thought of something: If Yeti Crab really is Fighting/Ice like I think most of us are guessing, then maybe it evolves using the same Ice Stone that (presumably) Alolan Vulpix uses?

And speaking of evolutionary stones...looking over the dex, it looks like we have nothing that evolves using the Shiny Stone, and only one presumed to use the Leaf Stone - Exeggcute. And everything else (besides Dawn Stone ofc) has at least two pokes that use it...I wonder if perhaps Fomantis, Steenee, or Morelull evolve using the Leaf Stone? And any of those or the sea crown/water spider pokes could potentially evolve using the Shiny Stone...

Since everyone else is giving their potential in-game teams:

Rowlett's final (Grass/Flying)
Vikavolt (Bug/Electric)
Wishiwashi (Water) or Bruxish (Water/Psychic)
Salandit's final (Poison/Fire)
Kommo-O (Dragon/Fighting)
Palossand (Ghost/Ground) or Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy)

So I definitely wanted to complete my first play through of the games using just new Pokemon. I always like to use as many type combinations as possible. Rowlett was my starter pick from the second the three were released. Vikavolt is just badass looking and I see a ton of others with potential playthrough lists planning on using him as well. For my water, I'm a big fan of Wishiwashi's cool ability to turn into a straight beast, while I also really like Bruxish for his cool typing and appearance. I own a saltwater tank that use to have a Harlequin Tusk in it, a very colorful fish that has big blue teeth that remind me a lot of Bruxish's grill, just another reason I have a soft spot for Bruxish. I'll probably end up going with whichever of the two I encounter first. Salandit was one of my favorite designs of the entire generation when it was released, and his evolution further cemented his spot on my team. Awesome typing as well as a dope ability. Kommo-O is another first for unique typings and is sure to be very powerful. Love the design as well. Palossand is the last member and i'm sure an odd pick for most. Another design I feel in love with and really love the typing. On another note, his shiny is fucking awesome and while making any shiny Pokemon black is a great call, this one being based on a real life phenomenon that can be found on the beaches of Maui, Hawaii make is that much more awesome. Mimikyu has a great concept and a unique, first-of-its-kind typing, and would also make for an excellent member of my team. I'm a bit worried it could be pretty frail based on it's appearance but it's just begging for some attention and love and I definitely wanna try it out.

-As a side note, I do hope we can purchase different forms of Mega Evolution items like the mega glasses, mega stickpin etc. because it just adds to the customization aspect of our characters. Would certainly be a cool feature that was limited to just NPC's up until this point.

Last edited:
only thing i want from sun/moon legends and UBs is hoping that any one of those can finally destroy primals and mega ray. weather trio messed the balance up in ubers, especially mega ray which had to be banned from ubers. although i hear people saying that mega ray might require a megastone to evolve now.

Oh! I just thought of something: If Yeti Crab really is Fighting/Ice like I think most of us are guessing, then maybe it evolves using the same Ice Stone that (presumably) Alolan Vulpix uses?
Its either that or you directly evolve it at the ice mountain itself.

Either way, I'm not the hugest fan of Yeticrab's design. Perhaps it might get a bit clearer if an official image is released, but its face looks really stupid with its seemingly gaping mouth and buck teeth. Its a shame too, as Crabrawler's design was pretty good.

So far I think I'll be doing something like this:

Rowlet
Pikipek
Salandit
Jangmo-o
Alolan Marowak
(?)

The final slot is TBD because there are not enough reptilian/dinosaurian lines in Gen VII... that could be datamined (still hoping there are more Pokemon than in the demo). Maybe I'll pick a Salamence to fill the last slot, depending on how 'early' Mega Stones can be obtained (Though I don't think the Salamencite would be an early pick)

Oh wait lol, Oricorio. Totally forgot. But... which one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)