SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burn Up
To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out. After using this move, the user will no longer be Fire type.
Arcanine, Moltres, Typhlosion

Wait wait. Whats the power behind this move? And do they just lose the fire typing, or does it turn into a normal type? That can be really interesting, turning Moltres into a pure flying, or No type at all for Archanine or Typhlosion
Base Power of 130, and presumably it becomes a Normal-Type for Arcanine and Typhlosion.
Meaning STAB Extremespeed Arcanine.

EDIT:
https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr
Does A-Vulpix get's Heat Wave as an egg move or I'm getting my signals crossed.
It seems like the Alolan Pokes have the same Egg Moves as the non-Alolan ones. So Alolan Ninetales keeps the Fire-Type Egg Moves it can get.

It's... conceivable, but rock weakness hurts on a defogger. I'm just pissed that its stats don't match Skarm's anymore. Yeah, Skarm has a way better typing and I guess movepool, but still...
I think it will do well. The added bulk and Roost are exactly what it needed.

Oh, and Litleo gets Flare Blitz now, so Moxie away!

And Dedenne STILL doesn't learn any Special Fairy moves.

Several Pokemon (like Zubat, Noibat, Spinarak, etc.) get Absorb at the Level they'd normally get Leech Life, because of its buff.

Base Power of 130, and presumably it becomes a Normal-Type for Arcanine and Typhlosion.
Typeless, apparently, not Normal.

Typeless, apparently, not Normal.

So which is it? Becoming typless may be a HUGE deal, because you literally become a pokemon with no weaknesses in the game. That is a HUGE powerful buff for Arcanine and Typhlosion. All they reall lose is STAB fire moves, which is no big deal.

So, Minior is a monster. After Shields Down activates, it has Base 120 Speed and Dual 100 Offenses. It also learns Power Gem, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Earthquake, Acrobatics, Explosion, U-turn, and Shell Smash.

So which is it? Becoming typless may be a HUGE deal, because you literally become a pokemon with no weaknesses in the game. That is a HUGE powerful buff for Arcanine and Typhlosion. All they reall lose is STAB fire moves, which is no big deal.
"Lot of new defensive opportunities for Arcanine in Burn Up. 130 BP move that removes fire weaks/resists/STAB after."

Straight from the miners themselves: https://twitter.com/pokemon_PhD/status/796040585358544897

So, Minior is a monster. After Shields Down activates, it has Base 120 Speed and Dual 100 Offenses. It also learns Power Gem, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Earthquake, Acrobatics, Explosion, U-turn, and Shell Smash.
Shell Smash with a White Herb keeps sounding better and better.

Talking about Minior, there's something interesting I noticed just now.

The EVs it gives when defeated are different depending on which form it is. Regular Minior gives 1 Def/1 SpD, while Shields Down Minior gives 1 Atk/1 SpA.

Tfw Escavalier only learns two new moves. Both useless for it. Btw has the entire z-move list been revealed yet? If it has I may have missed it.

On the other hand, has to be half health.
Least it's better suited to this than Zen Mode Darmanitan's total nonsense

It's incredible how slow most Pokemon are. Kind of disappointed actually, especially for the starters (which all seem kind of mediocre tbh, a bit like Emboar or Torterra). I guess the Tapu are going be solid OU, especially the Electric (powerful Wild Charge, U-Turn and Brave Bird, but walled by bulky Electric because for some reasons he forgot to have a physical Fairy move) and the Water (Defog, decent movepool and Misty Terrain to avoid being statused) and the UB. I'm interested by the new 600 BST Dragon, with an unusual typing (to be better walled by Fairies ?), Dragon Dance with a lacking Physical movepool... I'm curious to see how it will turn out, but I want to try it. Excited to try the new metagame anyway!

Shell Smash with a White Herb keeps sounding better and better.
Throw in Sub and EdgeQuake and go for broke!

Also Mimikyu learns Wood Hammer. It literally just smacks people with its stick tail.

It also learns Swords Dance and Z-Splash, and Disguise can fully guard against Z-Moves.

*stifles a tear* My little baby's all grown up :)

And Bruxish gets Swords Dance. Everybody gets Swords Dance!

Ah, wait, does 100% zygarde really only get a (quite sizable!) HP boost and a small special attack boost

like...sure...ok...that's one way to have a midbattle forme change gimmick but not exactly what I thought of when I saw giant gundamn snake, protector of the ecosystem
It's a wall with a quad weakness to the most common attacking type, a possibility to have its large HP stat bypassed because of that quad weakness and the way its form change works, and no recovery moves except Rest. Apparently it doesn't even keep its two best moves (DD and Extremespeed), and its only setup move is Coil while its signature move is special.

You could maybe build a bulky set with Focus Sash/Yache Berry and Rest/Sleep Talk/Thousand Arrows/Toxic?

I can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that we now have Xurkitree, an Electric-type with 173 base Special Attack, average bulk, and Tail Glow.
And Energy Ball and Dazzling Gleam for dealing with Ground and Dragon resistances respectively. Wow, I hadn't noticed that.

Is Necrozma an UB or it's the third legendary?
Most likely third legendary. It has a different BST to all the Ultra Beasts, learns Moonlight and Morning Sun for no reason except to suggest an association with Solgaleo and Lunala, has a different ability to all the UBs that is a reskin of an existing ability (like Solgaleo and Lunala) and has a different BST to all the UBs (600 for Necrozma, 570 for the UBs).

Burn Up
To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out. After using this move, the user will no longer be Fire type.
Arcanine, Moltres, Typhlosion

Wait wait. Whats the power behind this move? And do they just lose the fire typing, or does it turn into a normal type? That can be really interesting, turning Moltres into a pure flying, or No type at all for Archanine or Typhlosion
130 base power. Special.

Throw in Sub and EdgeQuake and go for broke!

Also Mimikyu learns Wood Hammer. It literally just smacks people with its stick tail.

It also learns Swords Dance and Z-Splash, and Disguise can fully guard against Z-Moves.

*stifles a tear* My little baby's all grown up :)
I like the fact it learns all the Electric-type TM moves. Trying hard enough seems to be the key of success in Pokemon, if Bagon did not teach us already.

I also noticed something: Pheromosa, the Ultra Beast that supposedly can put anything under its charms, no matter the gender, does not learn moves like Attract or Captivate.

Fine, they would not have worked, but still...

Ah, wait, does 100% zygarde really only get a (quite sizable!) HP boost and a small special attack boost

like...sure...ok...that's one way to have a midbattle forme change gimmick but not exactly what I thought of when I saw giant gundamn snake, protector of the ecosystem
I can't find the Zygarde formes' base stats in the mined data, where are they to be seen?

I'm interested by the new 600 BST Dragon, with an unusual typing (to be better walled by Fairies ?), Dragon Dance with a lacking Physical movepool... I'm curious to see how it will turn out, but I want to try it. Excited to try the new metagame anyway!
It has access to Autotomize, Dragon Dance, and Swords Dance, along with Sky Uppercut and Dragon Claw. Its a shame it doesn't have any better fighting moves, but it still has the capability to be good since it's bulky and can afford to set up.

"Lot of new defensive opportunities for Arcanine in Burn Up. 130 BP move that removes fire weaks/resists/STAB after."

Straight from the miners themselves: https://twitter.com/pokemon_PhD/status/796040585358544897
So yeah that can be really good. Would like that move on both Arcanine and Typhlosion. Always wanted to use Typhlosion more.

So my planned team in moon was Primarina, Oricorio Senzu, Alolan Persion, The evolved form a Sandlite, Tapu Lele, and Tsareena. However it seems that this is a team with 5 special attackers and only 1 physical attacker. Probably not going to do so well. Was hoping Persian would become a physical attacker, but thats not the case. While I do plan to use her with fur coat eventually, maybe not on my first team. Thinking maybe using Alolan Golem instead. Galventize Rock Climb and Explosion... that would be scary. Plus Stone edge and Gyro ball should be fun.

Has anyone really said anything about Pheromossa? This thing is like the text book definition of a glass cannon. 151 speed, fastest this gen, and 137 Attack and Special attack. Plus it gets Quiver dance, but not sure if it can risk doing any setting up with that horrible bulk, still an option. Also gets some powerful attacks on both sides. Lunge, Bug Buzz for bug, High Jump Kick and Focus Blast for fighting. Also gets poison jab and ice beam, so you could go a mixed wall crushed with expert belt.

Not sure which would be best though. She could go the mixed attacker, or a quiver dancer... I just see quiver dancer being harder to set up... but paired with Tapu lele...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)