SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently there are different 'styles' you can be taught/learned. These are apparently different animations for throwing out your Poke Balls:

Normal style
Elegant style
Girlish style
Reverent style
Smug style
Left-handed style
Passionate style
Idol style

http://www.cpokemon.com/sunmoon/diferencias-entre-versiones/pokemon-exclusivos/
Is in spanish, but it doesn't matter I guess.

Just in case, Sol=Sun, Luna=Moon
I know I said it once before, but Petilil being a Moon exclusive gives me blue balls, because aside from it and maybe Metagross (Garchomp is cool as fuck though), I prefer what Sun offers to the table, and I actually plan on using the damn thing for my team. Then again, I got my Magnemite for Alpha Sapphire through GTS, so maybe this won't be that bad.

And speaking of ORAS, I actually got both on accident (my parents thought I needed both so they got me Omega Ruby for last year's Christmas). I already said I'm using Primarina/Snorlax/Lilligant/Arcanine/Honchkrow/Kommo-o for Sun, but if I somehow get Moon, I plan on using Decidueye and Crabominable (stats look like crap but it can't be that bad, right?), and maybe Metagross, though otherwise I'm not sure.

So apparently there are different 'styles' you can be taught/learned. These are apparently different animations for throwing out your Poke Balls:

Normal style
Elegant style
Girlish style
Reverent style
Smug style
Left-handed style
Passionate style
Idol style
Tutor moves for humans yay!

Would be cool if there were Poke Ball throwing styles based on Pokemon Adventures.

I know I said it once before, but Petilil being a Moon exclusive gives me blue balls, because aside from it and maybe Metagross (Garchomp is cool as fuck though), I prefer what Sun offers to the table, and I actually plan on using the damn thing for my team. Then again, I got my Magnemite for Alpha Sapphire through GTS, so maybe this won't be that bad.

And speaking of ORAS, I actually got both on accident (my parents thought I needed both so they got me Omega Ruby for last year's Christmas). I already said I'm using Primarina/Snorlax/Lilligant/Arcanine/Honchkrow/Kommo-o for Sun, but if I somehow get Moon, I plan on using Decidueye and Crabominable (stats look like crap but it can't be that bad, right?), and maybe Metagross, though otherwise I'm not sure.
I'm getting moon...

Here is the deal, I get you a Petilil, and you get me Trapinch (the boosted exp is always nice)

If you have two mons holding Z-Crystals, each one of them can use a Z-Move once, right?

Also, do we know anything about the availability of HA and the shards that can be traded for bottle caps?

If you have two mons holding Z-Crystals, each one of them can use a Z-Move once, right?

Also, do we know anything about the availability of HA and the shards that can be traded for bottle caps?
Nope, one Z-Move per battle, that includes all of your Pokémon

No idea about HA, but it is confirmed that you can trade Shards for Bottle Caps

Is there an unlimited source of shards that we know of, and do we know how you get gold vs silver?

Normal style
Elegant style
Girlish style
Reverent style
Smug style
Left-handed style
Passionate style
Idol style
Does this mean there are more ball throwing animations than male hairstyles or

Normal style
Elegant style
Girlish style
Reverent style
Smug style
Left-handed style
Passionate style
Idol style
What a nice little detail to customize! Never realized how much I'd appreciate this.

This better be a style or I'm gonna be mad as hell.
Very dope if that was the girlish style, haha.

Alright, this is too much.
Gamfreak stop

Man, being able to only use it once individually was enough of a constraint, now you get the same mega slot dilemma, only with way more options... At least you can pair ir with mega evolution, right?

And I'm wondering how hard it'll be to farm those shards.

Any new info related to how difficult it is to get bottle caps in-game? I haven't soft-reset for Hoopa or Volcanion and I'm hoping bottle caps will make my life easier.

This is speculation that im fairly confident in and am curious to hear others thoughts on it! In the leaks it says Slush Rush 'boosts" the users speed, the same thing is said about snow cloak and how it effects evasion. Also the same word "boosts" was used to describe Lycanrocs Sand Rush. "Boosts' is the same word used to describe Snow Cloak in 6th gen which we know raised evasion to 1.2x or +1. Sand Rush and Swift Swim however are not described as "boosting" the users speed in 6th gen, they explicitly say that they double the users speed. So given that fact and the fact that Game Freak is nerfing practically half the game, did weather boost abilities get nerfed to +1 instead of +2? If so this would be extremely unfortunate as speed boosting weather abilities will be almost complete non viable or at the very least a LOT worse. Maybe this is just a poor choice of words but Im assuming this is the final text from the game and if so I would expect "boosts" to mean the same amount of stages regardless of what move its describing. I guess this cant be truly confirmed till we go in game and test it but im just curious of everyones thoughts on this.

Sorry if this was brought up already been at work all day and havent been able to keep up with the thread

Are there any abilities that are hard coded to any specific Pokémon? Stuff like disguise, Power construct, Shields down, etc.

Any word on the Exp. Share? Like when you get it and if the mechanic is the same as last gen?

Based on how little I've heard, it seems to come much later this gen. Or I'm just missing something.

Any word on the Exp. Share? Like when you get it and if the mechanic is the same as last gen?

Based on how little I've heard, it seems to come much later this gen. Or I'm just missing something.
Gen 7 uses a different EXP curve (similar to Gen 5, I've heard) and the EXP Share supposedly gives less EXP (rewards you for using Pokemon, baically). I watched a streamer who had it on 24/7 and he'd be maybe over-leveled by maybe 2 levels at best. The game is actually fairly difficult! I may even consider using the EXP Share myself.

Gen 7 uses a different EXP curve (similar to Gen 5, I've heard) and the EXP Share supposedly gives less EXP (rewards you for using Pokemon, baically). I watched a streamer who had it on 24/7 and he'd be maybe over-leveled by maybe 2 levels at best. The game is actually fairly difficult! I may even consider using the EXP Share myself.
So if I'm reading this correctly, yes the exp share is back and yes it still splits between your entire party.

However the exp curve is like Gen 5 so it's hard to get more than 2 levels ahead of the trainers, right?

That would be incredibly good for both ease of use like Gen 6 but with a fair difficulty if true.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there information on which old abilities were changed? And someone told me confusion was nerfed but I'm not sure where it came from. I checked the resource thread but couldn't find anything.

Was going to write up impressions, but as I look at the new roster I'm struck by the thought:

Why are we so intent and obsessed with our notion of 1v1, OU Pokemon as the competitive standard? It's obvious GF doesn't see it that way, as the new generation is -heavily- biased towards 2v2 and even 3v3, and it is in these formats, now, that the greatest competitive variability seems to arise. GF doesn't care about 1v1, and isn't designing the game with it in mind. Why are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)