SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that everstones allow you to breed kanto-forms for pokemon, would it be possible to obtain a non-alolan raichu in Sun/Moon? I'm thinking no, right?

so this matches up with the encounter tables and the "slots" people were talking about. It's 1% SOS call

curious, i looked through the other 1% encounters. Most of them are just rarer pokemon (feebas is there, surprise) or jokes like luvdisc. Salamence here is the real winner, though. The other big ticket options are Butterfree (who is easy to evolve in the first place), Whiscash (via fishing, I think) and Dragonite (which seems to be found via fishing in areas with level ranges of 10-59 so ehhhh)
I'm seriously eyeing a much more common L15 Slowbro for my party which should be available via SOS shortly after netting Lapras and heading back to Route 3. That's much better than waiting to Level 37 for the natural evolution.

There's a lot of gold to be mined from those encounter tables, IMO. Another reason I'd like to see the ones from Sun materialize.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So no move tutors this generation either. I don't know why they always feel the need to wait for the remakes to include them.
Same reason why there probably is no Elite Four rematch where they use better teams, or a long-lasting postgame beyond the Battle Tree: It's to give the third versions/remakes/sequels more selling points, to make them stand out from the base games.

Are mega stones for unavailable pokemon(charizard, venusaur etc not in alola dex) available in the game?

Edit: Red apparently gives Kanto starter stones, are the rest obtainable?

Last edited:
Kanto forms can be bred via Everstone but GF made them even more into a useless gimmick because this makes nature trickier to breed on Alolan forms.

EDIT: Source You need to give the Kanto mon the Everstone. So no Arena Trap Dugtrio and co until Bank unless you hack.

Last edited:
Kanto forms can be bred via Everstone but GF made them even more into a useless gimmick because this makes nature trickier to breed on Alolan forms.

EDIT: Source You need to give the Kanto mon the Everstone. So no Arena Trap Dugtrio and co until Bank unless you hack.
Alola forms when holding everstone still give alola form eggs. Only if the parent is in kanto form will everstone give you kanto form eggs.

So if you breed 2 A-Vulpix and give the mother everstone then the egg will be A-Vulpix. However if you breed 2 K-vulpix and give the mother everstone the egg will hatch into K-vulpix.

given how easy it is to get a perfect-IV pokemon for battling now, most people can probably deal with rolling the dice for a jolly diglett

Is there anywhere to discuss possible changes in viability of old mons thanks to the stat changes they introduced with this game?

Alola forms when holding everstone still give alola form eggs. Only if the parent is in kanto form will everstone give you kanto form eggs.

So if you breed 2 A-Vulpix and give the mother everstone then the egg will be A-Vulpix. However if you breed 2 K-vulpix and give the mother everstone the egg will hatch into K-vulpix.
I don't understand why you had to paraphrase my comment? Also you're incorrect, gender doesn't matter. Kanto form of either gender works as long as it holds the Everstone.

I'm seriously eyeing a much more common L15 Slowbro for my party which should be available via SOS shortly after netting Lapras and heading back to Route 3. That's much better than waiting to Level 37 for the natural evolution.

There's a lot of gold to be mined from those encounter tables, IMO. Another reason I'd like to see the ones from Sun materialize.
Yeah, these tables can give a lot of very interesting Pokémon (many evolved forms for Dex entries, HA, good IVs Dittos).
With 1-2 Smeargles and a Harvest + Skill Swap Trevenant you can easily farm them infinitely, but using them in early game can be tough because of the wild Pokémon's moves (statuses, stat drops, healing/self-damage/..).

The probability to get an ally Pokémon from a certain slot type also seem to be a bit strange : In a Bonsly fight, I got ~40 Bonsly (Slot types 5,7,8), 5 Happiny (slot type 6), but no Sudowoodo (slot types 2,3,4). I then went to fight an Evee and got 20 Evee summons but no Espeon summons (Slot Types 2,3,4).

Given that everstones allow you to breed kanto-forms for pokemon, would it be possible to obtain a non-alolan raichu in Sun/Moon? I'm thinking no, right?
Can't think of any way to do it, unless there's "one weird trick that doctors hate!" involving using a Thunderstone on it while holding an Everstone.

Has anyone found Diancite yet?

Does disabling move animations in the options disable all the animation for Z-moves, or is like with mega evolving?
It's kind of like mega evolving. You still get the scene of the Pokemon getting z-powered, but the move animation itself gets cut.

Not really a fan of the edgy Mega Evolution retcon because it bastardizes the concept and in general sounds like it came straight out of badly written fanfic trying to be dark for the sake of it.
I haven't spoiled myself on the SUMO story yet so maybe this is getting off topic, but is it really that much of a recon?

Mega evolution had some sinister overtones in XY and ORAS, since the stones were formed as by-products from either an ancient superweapon or a meteor. And it's all implied to run off of "infinite energy" which Sea Mauville pretty much stressed was completely unethical.

So Mega-Evolution being powered by hopes and dreams seems like was always just us assuming typical anime tropes. Unless hopes and dreams means the lives and souls of pokemon given to make the mega stones. It always had this grim undertone, they were just really subtle about it in Gen 6.

Whether you like this explanation or not is your own opinion, but just pointing out mega evolution was always a bit messed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)