SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, the bug SOS Call chains and Synchronized is now confirmed.
When you send a Pokémon with Synchronize on the field and chain for allies, the allies will be affected by Synchronize.
However, the nature that they will have 50% of the time is the nature of the first party Pokémon.
The first party Pokémon can be ko, it still works. (I have a Naughty KO Munchlax and the 4 Pokémon I caught were all Naughty).
The Synchronizer can lose its ability with Roleplay/Skill Swap, it still works.
So, are you saying the Synchronizer itself doesn't necessarily need the desired nature, just the (knocked out) Pokemon in your first/lead party slot?

When you send a Pokémon with Synchronize on the field and chain for allies, the allies will be affected by Synchronize.
However, the nature that they will have 50% of the time is the nature of the first party Pokémon.
The first party Pokémon can be ko, it still works. (I have a Naughty KO Munchlax and the 4 Pokémon I caught were all Naughty).
So you're saying set synchronizer as 1st in party, ko'd or alive, and every ally summoned during the entire battle will be affected by synchronize, but with the nature of whichever pokemon is in 1st slot. So that means whichever pokemon is currently active in battle?

I've been reading and rereading this, but I'm so dense I'm still having trouble understanding one thing:

You have to battle with a synchronizer to synchronize consecutive SOS pokes? Meaning, synchronize won't work if you have a fainted synchro lead?

Thanks in advance.

How if...
1. Send out Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam with Synchro and has Skill Swap, do Skill Swap, switch/baton pass
2. Send out Smeargle, do Skill Swap so now Smeargle has Synchro as it's ability...

With that we can have False Swipe/Spore/Skill Swipe/xxx Smeargle with Synchronize

How if...
1. Send out Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam with Synchro and has Skill Swap, do Skill Swap, switch/baton pass
2. Send out Smeargle, do Skill Swap so now Smeargle has Synchro as it's ability...

With that we can have False Swipe/Spore/Skill Swipe/xxx Smeargle with Synchronize
xxx = substitute? To prevent wild pokemon from statusing themselves with your synchronize.

So if you have a synchronizer out when an ally is called, the ally will have a 50% chance of being the same nature as the first member of your party, not of the synchronizer?

Also, having a KO'd synchronizer does not work with ally pokemon correct, you need to have the synchronizer on the field?

If you are right, this will make things much easier!

Last edited:
How if...

Can we even get Skill Swap on Alakazam line before Bank though?

I assume chaining a shiny sd

So if you have a synchronizer out when an ally is called, the ally will have a 50% chance of being the same nature as the first member of your party, not of the synchronizer?

Also, having a KO'd synchronizer does not work with ally pokemon correct, you need to have the synchronizer on the field?

If you are right, this will make things much easier!
But if your synchronizer is on the field, it IS in the 1st party slot, right? So we'll still need a synchronizing army... except now they all have to be leveled up to take hits?

So, of all the new non-legendary, non-UB, non-guardian Pokémon in Gen VII, how many of them are at least part special attacker? In all of the discussion threads, I see way more physical attackers than special/mixed attackers.

This is giving me a headache. What's the most effective way that's been found to get an ideal SOS chain?
According to the quoted post(if I didn't misread) Synchronize works the same as last gen, ie use your Synchronize Pokemon as your lead as you go into battle; even if it gets ko'ed, or loses its ability, the ally Pokemon's nature is influenced. You can use any Pokemon you want for skill swap/role play etc., as long as your Pokemon with synchronize ability(Kadabra for example) is in the party lead slot prior to the battle.

E: disregard

Last edited:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/co...r_pokemon_in_sunmoon/?st=ivlgmjvo&sh=05b04ae5

This reddit guide pretty much states that the pokemon currently in battle is shifted to the top of your party, so it would be contradictory to what has just been said right?

So if you are using role play to put synchronize on a smeargle, you essentially want your smeargle to be the nature you are aiming for.
Can't wait for these games to come out so this stuff can be tested by everyone, lol.

Ema Skye

Work!
I've heard that Ultra Beasts aren't just one offs in the game (as in, you can get a couple). Anyone able to confirm/deny this?

So, are you saying the Synchronizer itself doesn't necessarily need the desired nature, just the (knocked out) Pokemon in your first/lead party slot?
Exactly. I tested with Synchronize, with Synchronize lost (with Roleplay), and with a KO/non KO first party Pokémon.

I've been reading and rereading this, but I'm so dense I'm still having trouble understanding one thing:

You have to battle with a synchronizer to synchronize consecutive SOS pokes? Meaning, synchronize won't work if you have a fainted synchro lead?

Thanks in advance.
Exactly, Synchronize is only taken into account for ally calls when the Synchronizer is in battle.
If you put Synchronize in first party slot and chain allies normally, this will not work.
And it happens that the nature used for Synchronize effect is the one from the first party Pokémon, not the one from the Synchronizer.

How if...

Since Skill Swap is OrAs Move Tutor, I haven't tested it.
However, since a Kadabra who lost Synchronize with Roleplay still acts as a Synchronizer, I doubt that passing Synchronize to a Smeargle would work (because the game would read the "true" special ability of the Pokémon during the generation process, and not the ability he temporarly has in a battle).

A team that would use Kadabra and this mechanic can be :
- A Pokémon with the nature you want with Synchronize. (Place it KO in first party slot)
- Smeargle , Leftovers (He needs to take 2-3 hits without dying)
Soak/Minimize | False Swipe | Substitute | Baton Pass |
- Kadabra/Alakazam, Synchronize, Leftovers (A high level and good EVs are recommended)
Energy Ball/Charged Beam | Roleplay | Substitute |
(Energy Ball if no Pokémon has Sip Sapper, Charged Beam else)

With Smeargle, you False Swipe (and Soak against a Ghost) and set up a Substitute, then baton pass it to Kadabra.
You chain the allies with Kadabra, checking their abilities with Roleplay, while counting the PPs used by the 1 HP Pokémon.
When the 1 HP Pokémon is running low in PPs, switch to Smeargle and repeat.
Substiture is here to avoid statuses, crits, and Synchronize/other abilities activation.

Since Kadabra can't learn Baton Pass, you can't boost yourself once with X Items and pass the boosts during the whole battle, and since Kadabra is quite frail, this team would probably have a hard time against strong wild Pokémon.
But as long as the Pokémon can't boost themselves a lot to hit very hard, you are good to go.

A stronger team that would work in more cases can be :
- A Pokémon with the nature you want with Synchronize. (Place it KO in first party slot)
- Smeargle 1, Leftovers (He needs to take 2-3 hits without dying)
Ingrain | Substitute | Minimize | Baton Pass |
- Smeargle 2, Leppa Berry (He needs to take 2-3 hits without dying)
Recycle | Soak | False Swipe | Baton Pass |
- Espeon//Umbreon, Synchronize, Leftovers
Bite (Evee Lv 17) | Shadow Ball/Echoed voice // Faint Attack | Substitute | Baton Pass (Evee Lv 33) |
(Shadow Ball if the Pokémon isn't Normal type, Echoed Voice else.)
- Smeargle 3, Leppa Berry (He needs to take 2-3 hits without dying)(Optional)
Entrainment | Baton Pass | Substitute | Recycle |

With this team, you boost yourself with Smeargle 1 (With X Items too), False Swipe and Soak with Smeargle 2, kill allies with Espeon/Umbreon, and check the abilities with Smeargle 3.
As everyone has Baton Pass, you can keep the boosts from one Pokémon to another, so there is nothing you would really fear. (+6 Def, +6 SpDef, +6 Evasion, +6 Accuracy, +6 SpAtk, +6Atk, +6 Speed, Ingrain, Substitute)
This set takes more time to check for a certain ability because you need to Baton Pass to Smeargle 3 then Baton Pass back to Espeon/Umbreon, but at least you can hold your ground against a Lv 59 Pelipper, for example.

With both teams you need a good reserve of Leppa Berries (I'd say 40-50 Berries, which is not hard to obtain) because Recycle is also an OrAs Move Tutor.

I made a paste summarizing all the known mechanics about SOS Calls/ally calls, along with some teams managing general/specific cases for chaining (with extra care about what can/can't be obtained without Pokebank) : http://pastebin.com/28mMAJhh

We still lack information about how additional SOS slots are chosen/can be chosen (those who contain Castrofm, Gabite,..), as well as information regarding the success chance of ally calls (and the possible relationships between the chance to call an ally and the chance to have a successful ally call).
I also don't really know at which chain lenght Hidden Abilities start to appear/be frequent.
(For IVs, it's a near-guaranteed 4 IVs at 31 when you reach a chain of 40)

Since things evolved pretty fast, the mechanics behind additional SOS Slots may have already been understood.

Last edited:
I know right?

Anyways here's the full list of items you can buy from Battle Royale's clerkes:

<Snipped>

EDIT: Probably safe to say Battle Tree has the same stock.
I noticed the Choice items aren't on that list, do we have any idea where they are as of yet?
D:
Sorry if this has already been asked or answered

I've heard that Ultra Beasts aren't just one offs in the game (as in, you can get a couple). Anyone able to confirm/deny this?
its slightly story related but
3(?) Nihilegos, 2 Buzzwoles, 4 Pheromosas

Only the one Guzzlord.

I am pretty sure theres multiple Kartana & Celesteela, but I haven't seen numbers on those. Unsure about Xirkotree

Thank god the cost of Ability Capsule was nerfed. Sure we all get tons of points, especially with bank next year. But 200 points was too much for just basic abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)