SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait whats a poke finder??? i just beat olivia and i dont think ive found aby
The function that lets you take pictures of Pokemon in certain locations, you get it right after you beat the Trainer's School (or maybe right before).

Since I posted that question I've found about 7 or 8, but I'd still like a list of 'em all if anyone has any.

About the remake, I think they've produced pokemons and characters ressources with enough definition to re-use them in a HD game. That's probably why handheld consoles don't like S/M too much. Just look how well the models looks on Citra with Resolution unlocked.
What exactly is Citra?

Okay so i don't know where too post this so im posting it here... it's my review, or just general opinion of sun and moon so far.

Keep in mind at this point I've beaten Olivia and thats as far as ive gotten in the game.

So far, the game is fair and getting a 5/10 from me. theres just so much too cover and I'll probably miss half of my points but here goes.

I like the change of pace, going from gyms and poke leagues too islands and chiefs is a great way too smash the "I've done this before" feeling and give old players something new too do, where we don't already know exactly what were going for.

I'm reserved about the new pokemon, most if not all of them seem lackluster, as they are almost all bulky sweepers with low speed from what I've seen so far. and really, too be fair, the designs, or art, is terrible... now i havent seen most of the evolutions so maybe that changes but, thats just where im at right now, i havent seen anything that intrigues me outside of alolan forms of marrowack and ninetales... I also haven't seen any new moves or abilities that make me go "ooooh" except for the new buffs to hail teams like slush rush and ninetales and that double wall move...

The pace of the game is good, i like replacing hms and bikes with "mounts" , deffinatly a step in the right direction. You are using your first z move within a couple hours of play and are certainly eager too get more. Also it's worth saying, in the first few areas there are more than enough different catchable pokemon too make a basic team with, but nothing so integrated as a competitive team.

One thing that i HAVE too say is that the game is VERY childish... when will nintendo, and the pokemon company, realise that the very vast majority of their players are adults, and stop designing the game for children 8+??? This is probably my biggest problem so far.

I was very glad too see they brought back character customization via clothing shops and hair stylists, but how hard would it have been too give a haircut preview so i could see each one before paying 4000$ for each one?

If not the childishness of it, my biggest problem is deffinatly the camera... it feels like the camera is 40% closer too your character, you cant see your surroundings or where your going and the map doesn't help much if at all... in fact, rotomdex is a great idea, and fun when it talks, but why is my pokedex now just a map, while i have too navigate through the menu too get too the actual dex? not only is it a map, its a useless map... the rotomdex map just shows a picture of the area, it doesn't show you roads, routs, or pokemon locations, just a general picture of the overhead view... and while you're running around looking for a path, entire routs are covered in "super grass" which is what im calling all grass in this game, because pokemon seem too pop up every 2 steps.. what the hell man?

As far as the story goes.... so far im like 8 hours in and there is no story... theres characters like a naive girl with a rare pokemon shes too weak to protect and this "team skull" that had no goal other than too butcher english and act racist , but no story.. at least up to the 3rd island...

Thats it so far... i hope it gets better...

Guys, so there's a chance to catch a lv. 10-57 Dragonite via SOS Chaining...

Question is, which one should I chain? Dratini or Dragonair or it doesn't matter?

Thanks in advance

Provides cover for their "don't ask, don't tell" approach to hacked mons in VGC, I guess?

Means that (say) Lure Ball Toxapex is technically legal, and thus avoids egg on face from bad ball/mon combos.

I suppose the new ball inheritance also allows for more flexibility (especially when we get pokebank transfers) but it's still awfully silly.

maybe global missions will have them eventually or rsomething. I'd say the global link but unless they change it to look for festival coins they have no infrastructure set up for that.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So according to the listings on serebii, festival plaza doesn't give the johto balls

are they seriously just the one ball each that you find laying around? That is baffling. Why even bother
Worse, they have "[Region] Tent" buildings that function all the same: they're for "clairvoyance". I still have no idea how they work ("oh you'll have luck in Wonder Trades" and then I get early shitmons the whole day), but they seriously bothered adding seven Tents that do nothing, instead of letting them sell regional items.

I swear I'm using PkHex to get 995 of each ApriBall out of spite, fuck this noise.

At least Kurt Ball Pokémon transferred from HGSS can pass their Kurt Balls onto even Hidden Ability kids.
That's something, right?
Right?

By the way, the color of Minior's Core is inherited via breeding, while an Oriocorio's initial form is inherited from the mother.

Does anyone know if theres a way to breed wish eevee?? it was a chain breed before so I dont know
You can get it from a Smeargle or from a Togetic (Togetic -> Pikachu/Spinda/Komala/Togedemaru -> Evee).
Togekiss can be obtained with the Island Radar (Poni Island on Tuesday).

Are chains reset if a pokemon calls an ally of a different species and you KO it?
The chain doesn't break when the called species if different than the initial Pokémon.
The ally chain in itself is just the number of Pokémon you have killed during the battle, so it doesn't stop from increasing unless you flee/stop ally calls.

Ah yeah, this is a minor thing, but....

... I noticed in new items page in Serebii, Dream Ball is not listed. This may have implication that Dream Ball no longer exists and female Pokemon with Dream Ball when bred won't give children with Dream Ball anymore (or even that Dream Ball converts into ugh, measly Pokeball when the Pokemon is brought from PokeBank). Can anyone maybe confirm this?

This will be especially sad as I have long cherished some of Dream Ball residents I have from GenVI that I want to bring, especially my star Espeon....

Ah yeah, this is a minor thing, but....

... I noticed in new items page in Serebii, Dream Ball is not listed. This may have implication that Dream Ball no longer exists and female Pokemon with Dream Ball when bred won't give children with Dream Ball anymore (or even that Dream Ball converts into ugh, measly Pokeball when the Pokemon is brought from PokeBank). Can anyone maybe confirm this?

This will be especially sad as I have long cherished some of Dream Ball residents I have from GenVI that I want to bring, especially my star Espeon....
Doesn't the item page only detail balls that you can obtain

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but the fact that so many random trainers you battle have Apricorn Balls seems to suggest they'll be widely available in some way.

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but the fact that so many random trainers you battle have Apricorn Balls seems to suggest they'll be widely available in some way.
maybe they'll start having more mini-competitions to win apricorn balls and mega stones and such

I'm not sure about that myself. Serebii listed it in GenVI's item list, and all the other balls including Cherish Ball is there too in both item list of GenVI and VII.
It seems strange to focus on ball diversity in reintroducing Apricorn ones (in an outrageously limited way, for now at least) and customizing what random trainers use and then remove a variant that a lot of people seem to collect. I suppose while revisiting the whole system they might've decided they wanted, for whatever reason, those not to be permanent options past Gen V, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)