SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Story Spoiler Discussion (Read the OP)

What does the experience share feel like in Sun and Moon.

I heard they redid the exp system to be more like Gen 5, so you get less exp the higher level you are from lower level mons.
Is this true?

Does leaving the exp share on generally leave you hugely overleveled like in ORAS?

Thanks.

What does the experience share feel like in Sun and Moon.

I heard they redid the exp system to be more like Gen 5, so you get less exp the higher level you are from lower level mons.
Is this true?

Does leaving the exp share on generally leave you hugely overleveled like in ORAS?

Thanks.
Unless you use the broken combination of it and Pokemon Refresh, no. The exp share is generally more balanced by the gen 5 exp curve, meaning that you won't be crazy overleveled unless you intentionally grind. That's from what I've seen though.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Finished battling Aether Foundation.
The story around Aether Foundation is really well written. Wasn't expecting this for a Pokemon game at all.
I say it's better than N's story.

Oh... and later in the game, after obtaining Lunala... you get to battle Lusamine again, and she kinda of merged with a Nihilego and turned scary looking.
But the battle was not difficult.

Finished battling Aether Foundation.
The story around Aether Foundation is really well written. Wasn't expecting this for a Pokemon game at all.
I say it's better than N's story.

Oh... and later in the game, after obtaining Lunala... you get to battle Lusamine again, and she kinda of merged with a Nihilego and turned scary looking.
But the battle was not difficult.
Yeah her team's...kinda eh? Really depends on your team. Sad she didn't get a 6th mon. Music's sick as fuck though.

I'm (pleasantly) surprised you fight Illima before the trail. He's honestly about as tough as Cheren was, you could have easily turned the school into a gym with him as the leader.

speaking of that dang teacher was tough for my poor team. thundershock, steel types and stab dark type attacks can be pretty tough to handle.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fighting a Magnemite that early is horrible unless you went with Litten. I went with Rowlet and 2 of my other 3 Pokémon were Flying-types. :/

I didn't lose (got a Grimer that even had Black Sludge; early STAB Bite helps a ton), but I legit thought I wasn't going to wipe for the first time in forever.

Fighting a Magnemite that early is horrible unless you went with Litten. I went with Rowlet and 2 of my other 3 Pokémon were Flying-types. :/

I didn't lose (got a Grimer that even had Black Sludge; early STAB Bite helps a ton), but I legit thought I wasn't going to wipe for the first time in forever.
i was incredibly happy that steel type lost its dark resistence, let me tell you

and hten that dang meowth kept flinching me with bite and half my team was frail. was rough going.

Illima's Ember Smeargle is also pretty rough when half your team is weak to fire and even Tackle is doing 75% to Pikipek and Yungoos and Smearlge is outspeeding everyone

i was incredibly happy that steel type lost its dark resistence, let me tell you

and hten that dang meowth kept flinching me with bite and half my team was frail. was rough going.

Illima's Ember Smeargle is also pretty rough when half your team is weak to fire and even Tackle is doing 75% to Pikipek and Yungoos and Smearlge is outspeeding everyone
Technician Smeargle. Honestly I quite like how they worked the difficulty in this game, just right imo.
You can fight most of the trial captains pretty soon after their trials. Just gotta explore and find them :].

Technician Smeargle. Honestly I quite like how they worked the difficulty in this game, just right imo.
You can fight most of the trial captains pretty soon after their trials. Just gotta explore and find them :].
technician and i believe ilima's one of the first characters who gets IVs & EVs applied to their pokemon

How in the world do I deal with the Totem Lurantis? Especially when it calls in Castform whose headbutts deal way more than it should.

Hi, I read somewhere that UB's could be found in multiple of the same species but I can't find anything that confirm that... anyone knows about it?

Hi, I read somewhere that UB's could be found in multiple of the same species but I can't find anything that confirm that... anyone knows about it?
iirc 2 Buzzwole, 4 Pheremosa, 2 Celesteela, 4 Kartana and 3 Nihilego.

I'm less sure about Nihilego. I think there is only one Guzzlord. I'm not sure about Xirkotree

Did they remove time manipulation? Or the early parts of the game take place at certain times?
certain scenes are locked to specific times of day

iirc the first playable segment is always in the day (night for moon), then sunset (sunrise for moon?) for the ceremony

Thanks, I was worried because I'm trying to catch everything on the routes and that could be a real pain for me or other people.

Thanks, I was worried because I'm trying to catch everything on the routes and that could be a real pain for me or other people.
it's actually great if you start late since it means you can grab the day time stuff in the first 2 runs and then the night time stuff for real

was pretty neat grabbing yungoos & ledyba and then alola rattata & spinarak within the same hour in the middle of the night

Yeah her team's...kinda eh? Really depends on your team. Sad she didn't get a 6th mon. Music's sick as fuck though.
Decidueye is really strong against her team, my team was just the perfect counter for her : Toxapex killed Clefable like it was nothing, Golisopod ohko'ed Lilligant, Decidueye ohko'ed Mism and Milo (but it can also kill Lilli and Bewear), Toxapex killed Bewear like it was nothing again. Bewear was weird though, it was just spamming Pain Split...so yeah Deci can pretty much solo the fight except for Clefable.

How in the world do I deal with the Totem Lurantis? Especially when it calls in Castform whose headbutts deal way more than it should.
Golbat destroys that fight, you can even have a Crobat by that time if you run around a lot since the soothe bell is on the first island.

Assuming it doesn't summon Toucannon to confuse your bat. I applaud this totem since both pokemon it summons have something for everything... Sunny Day to make Lurantis a monster and Toucannon to spam confusion then peck your eyes out while Lurantis laughs...if only Lurantis were this good when we use it...

Assuming it doesn't summon Toucannon to confuse your bat. I applaud this totem since both pokemon it summons have something for everything... Sunny Day to make Lurantis a monster and Toucannon to spam confusion then peck your eyes out while Lurantis laughs...if only Lurantis were this good when we use it...
the passive speed boost really is a game changer for it, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)