- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up

Alolan Exeggutor
Brave | Frisk
- Dragon Hammer
- Flamethrower
- Trick Room
- Wood Hammer

Bit of an update to my team from when the thread was created. Had a change of heart on some stuff. Anyways...

Previous team had Mudsdale in place of Toucannon. Previous team was very weak to Grass and Water types and I was very lacking in Flying-type coverage.

Its gonna be my first type trying to do a monotype play through!
Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 7.22.45 PM.png

Surprisingly, they have worse type coverage than you might have even imagined. At least past fairies got Fire Blast and/or Focus Blast but these guys are pretty much "what you see is what you get". Still I like them a lot and these games have only been getting easier so some challenge might be nice.

First runthrough team. Probably gonna run a crabominable till i get to the last island for kommo-o.

Decidueye(Overgrow)
Sucker punch
Leaf blade
Spirit Shackle
Sword Dance(or maybe brave bird if i cant get swords dance)

Vikavolt(Levitate)
Thunderbolt
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Energy ball

Mudsdale(Stamina)
High Horsepower
Rock Slide
Superpower
Mega Kick

Raichu-A(Surge surfer)
Thunderbolt
Psychic/Psyshock
Focus Blast
Volt Switch

Salazzle(Corrosion)
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Dragon Pulse
Nasty Plot

Kommo-o(Any ability works)
Clanging Scales
Brick Break
Earthquake
There is so much more coverage this guy gets the last move could be anything really

My second playthrough team, some stuff i wanted to use but i couldn't fit on the other.

Incineroar(Blaze)
Flare Blitz
Darkest Lariat
Cross Chop
Leech Life

Dugtrio-A(Tangling Hair)
Earthquake
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Stone Edge

Tsareena(Queenly Majesty)
Trop Kick
High Jump Kick
Acrobatics
U-turn

Lycanroc(Any Ability)
Stone Edge
Crunch
Brick Break
Accelerock

Tapu Koko(Electric Surge)
Wild Charge
Brave Bird
Nature's Madness
U-turn

Palossand(Water compaction)
Earth power
Giga Drain
Shadow Ball
Sludge bomb

Anyone want to help me try and finish my team? I'm playing right now and here's what I got (not competitive, but moveset suggestions work):

Decidueye
A-Raichu
Salazzle
Araquanid

cut (I don't want to use them):
Toucannon
Golisopod (why couldn't you have had a better ability?!?)

This is my team as of now. Though there is a chance I will use A-Exeggutor or A-Ninetails as well.

Last edited:
Pkmn moon team.png

I wanted to sort of base this team around your rival's team from pokemon x and y. I liked the way the team was set up and i also wanted to use mega absol in the playthrough(even though its literally a glass cannon, but whatevs). I feel like its a pretty balanced team, but i dont really feel like posting movesets and items and such. So, here it is. Plz feel free to leave comments. Thnks ;)

apparently Sandygast evolves into Palossand at level 42 so if you're willing to wait that long go ahead. its movepool isn't....that great for in-game since most of the moves it gets prior to 36 are physical and it's a special attacker.

if you absolutely *had* to have a Ground type, Alolan Dugtrio or Mudsdale seem like good picks. no Arena Trap and a 10 point speed nerf on Alolan Dugtrio sucks for competitive but for in-game its a god with base 100 atk and 110 speed +Steel typing. Mudsdale has great stats outside of its speed and its pre-evo has base 100 Attack, comes with Bulldoze (they appear at level 10-13 in the route they first pop up) and learns its signature move at level 24 (which is basically a single-target Earthquake with 5 less base power and base accuracy)

also the TM for Earthquake becomes available post-game
Ouch. Yeah I'll just stick to Alolan Raichu on my Sun Team and wait until I can teach it to Kommo-O. Alternatively I think I will use Mudsdale for my Moon team and hopefully save Palossand for a possible third version or if someone I know manages to be up for trading a Popplio over to me. Also dropping Ribombee for Vikavolt. I know Vikavolt is being used by everyone but I'd rather have at least one Pokemon that can avoid getting hit by Earthquake for Double Battle purposes. Plus Ribombee only learns Moonblast through breeding and is pretty brittle. Kind of a turn off for me.

I'm considering switching out Golisopod for either an electric type or Toucannon, any suggestions would be great.
you get access to Pikachu and Magnemite verrrrrryyy early in the game so if you want to kind of have a team set up from the get-go you have those. You also have Grubbin if you're willing to wait a while to get Vikavolt since it needs to be evolved in a specific place (although Charjabug with an Eviolite is actually pretty decent for in-game, and you are able to get access to Eviolite on the first island via Ilima)

in Akala Island (#2) you get an Eevee egg if you want a Jolteon. if you like(d) using stuff like Fearow or Unfezant then by all means go with Toucannon. I have no idea where the move relearner is (I have a feeling it's near endgame but idk) but Toucannon is basically a slower but stronger Cinccino with wings, meaning it gets access to Bullet Seed and Rock Blast. Rock Blast via Heart Scale, Bullet Seed at lv40 (or 37 as a Trumbeak, 31 as a Pikipek). you also get access to Overheat and Flame Charge via TM if you absolutely have to have fire coverage.

personally, looking at your team, I would just stick with Golisopod since Toxapex is way too passive for in-game. then again, 90% of your team is found mid-game or later so you're gonna be running a different team beforehand anyway (unless you get lucky with Wonder Trade or get traded some of those late-game mons via a friend or use pkhex or whatever)

I ended up liking all three starters, so it's really hard to pick a team. So I just made one for each starter, but now I can't pick!
TEAM 1.png

Team Decidueye, which is the one I liked first. Golisopod and Vikavolt were first crushes too, but I'm not too sure anymore. Drampa has a cool movepool so I thought why not and Wishiwashi is just hella strong.
TEAM 2.png

Team Incineroar, which has Mudsdale and Dhelmise that I love, and Pyukumuku is probably a terrible choice but I'd just find it funny to have.
TEAM 3.png

Team Primarina, Mudsdale again, Minior I'm curious to see if its ability and movepool is fun to play, Passimian and Mimikyu seem like fair choices to complete the team.

Any thoughts anyone? Help me pick u_u

I ended up liking all three starters, so it's really hard to pick a team. So I just made one for each starter, but now I can't pick!
View attachment 73596
Team Decidueye, which is the one I liked first. Golisopod and Vikavolt were first crushes too, but I'm not too sure anymore. Drampa has a cool movepool so I thought why not and Wishiwashi is just hella strong.
View attachment 73597
Team Incineroar, which has Mudsdale and Dhelmise that I love, and Pyukumuku is probably a terrible choice but I'd just find it funny to have.
View attachment 73598
Team Primarina, Mudsdale again, Minior I'm curious to see if its ability and movepool is fun to play, Passimian and Mimikyu seem like fair choices to complete the team.

Any thoughts anyone? Help me pick u_u
First one seems really good in terms of type balance. Golisopod kind of hinders the balance a bit, repeating both of its types and introducing an extra rock weakness. It's also just hard to raise. Personally I'd use a ground type, but that's your choice. Wishi and Decidueye handle rock nicely for it already

The last one has a bunch of super nice mons that all have nice competitive value, but water walls a lot of the team.

I ended up with:

Incineroar (Blaze): Flare Blitz/Darkest Lariat/Acrobatics/Leech Life
Mudsdale (Stamina): Earthquake/Superpower/Heavy Slam/Rock Tomb
Crabominable (Iron Fist): Ice Hammer/Close Combat/Power-up Punch/Crabhammer
Toxapex (Merciless): Baneful Bunker/Toxic/Recover/Liquidation
Oranguru (Inner Focus): Nasty Plot/Psychic/Charge Beam/Foul Play
Dhelmise (Steelworker): Anchor Shot/Power Whip/Phantom Force/Heavy Slam

I hadn't planned on using Mudsdale but I got a bit desperate after I got to island 2 with only 1 Pokemon. It ended up being probably my best team member. Stamina is such a good in-game ability that you could probably solo the game with Mudsdale. Overall this was a really well-balanced team, although I probably should have had more than 1 special attacker. Crabrawler/Crabominable I probably wouldn't use again on an in-game playthrough if only for the sheer fact that you literally can't evolve it until you reach Victory Road.

At first I wanted Decidueye because I like owls and Ribombee because how adorable it is then as they both fly I decided to have a team with a flying or levitating of some sort kind of theme, that would be cool :

Sun team.PNG

Not balanced but it would make the game a bit more challenging (maybe...)

Primarina / Lyncanroc- midnight / Alolan- sandslash / Golisopod / Drampa / Lunala

Rules for the first time playing through any new Pokemon game for me is have my squad of 6 made with entirely new generation Pokemon. This play through I wanted to use one of the Alolan forms to so I went with sandslash. Ice is my favourite type, I like the unique typing and I've always liked sandslash's design even though I've never used one. It should be called "Snowslash" imo the sand makes no sense now. I pick the water starter every gen regardless of what the Pokemon looks like. I didn't like any of the new staters initially but incineroar and primarina have started to grow on me, and I don't get all the poppolio hate I've seen I think it's great.

Lunala because I always use the box legend in the final slot of my team I really like its design and theme haven't used it yet but it's right next to Dialga in terms of my favourite legendary.

Drampa is my favourite design out of all non legends introduced this gen I just like how goofy it looks it's ability and move pool are real good too and the typing is interesting.

I love the wimpod line, reminds me a lot of magikarp-Gyarados, feebas, Milotic where you have a Pokemon that's absolute trash but you take the time to level it up and it turns into a killing machine when it evolves. I like goli's signature move and how it interacts with its ability too should be fun to use.

Now I really hate Lycanroc especially its form in moon looks like a person in a fur suit it creeps me out a bit idk. But I really needed something in the early game otherwise by the time in getting the rest of my squad I'll just have a primarina lol. I'm gonna try and like this poke since it is a moon exclusive. I may swap it for alolan golem later in the play through

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-t...zz+lilligant+salazzle+sandslash-alola+kommo-o
Here's my team:

Primarina: What's not to love? Beautiful design, great stats and movepool, easily the best starter. Was unsure to choose between Litten or Poppilo, but Primarina swayed my mind.
Mandibuzz: Wanted a bulky flying type, so why not Mandibuzz? My only complaint is that evolves very late.
Salazzle: Wanted a Fire-type and Salazzle fit the bill. High speed and Sp.Atk which us nice because my team is pretty slow. Thank god for Cute Charm Pokémon or I wouldn't be using this thing.
Lilligant: Wanted a Grass-type, so why not Lilligant? Its cute and has access to Quiver Dance too.
Sandslash: Such a shame Alolan Ninetales is Sun-only, I love that design. On the bright side, Sandslash is a lot more resilient, so its a lot easier to fit,such a shame that it has 4x weakness to fire and fighting.
Kommo-o: I don't get why people say Kommo-o is so bad. It has very well rounded stats and super solid defense with 110 BP Dragon-type move, and the potential to go mixed as well

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-t...+vikavolt+arcanine+lycanroc+passimian+bruxish

Decidueye/Vikavolt/Arcanine/Lycanroc/Passimian/Bruxish

Team was originally Incineroar/Vikavolt/Lycanroc/Toxapex/Tsareena/Passimian.

I originally wasn't going to pick Rowlet because Tsareena and because everyone else is, but the other two starters are dog shit so I changed to Decidueye. I hate how it has really mediocre stats but I don't like the other two. You think that after the election you wouldn't have to make decisions that involve picking one out of a couple horrible things for a while. Tbh Vikavolt's only there because I wanted something that I could get very early-game. Once I revamped the team and removed Incineroar I had an open spot for a Fire type. I wanted it to be a Gen 7 Pokemon to keep my team entirely composed of them, but Turtonator is mediocre and Salazzle will be on 90% of teams so I chose Arcanine. Daycanroc is one of my favorite Pokemon introduced this gen, mainly for its signature move Accelerock, and just its design and stats in general. I love it. Was debating with myself over Primeape or Passimian but I decided with Passimian. I originally had Tsareena on my team for the extremely nifty priority immunity but I had to remove it when changing starters. But I still really wanted that priority immunity so I replaced Toxapex with Bruxish.

There you have it.

@Slowbrotaku try uploading as an attachment.

team.gif

This is my current predicted team for Sun version, Decidueye + Gyarados + A Raichu are the main interests of the team. I originally had Stoutland in place of A Raticate with M Gyarados, but mega evolution not being available until post game changed my mind. The normal/dark typing helps out the team, and I want to try super fang + toxic combo. I put Mudsdale as the last Pokemon because I did not know what else to put... ground typing helps Gyarados, and is just great in general.

In terms of typing, the team has a couple of shared weaknesses, a few immunities, and a lot of resistances.

typing.png

Please leave your suggestions. :)

Last edited:

So I traded my starter for a Mimikyu egg, and this turned out to be a really, really fun team. There was a lot of switching around, especially early game, and I swapped out Tsareena for Tapu Koko after the credits, but this is pretty much it.

Mimikyu is super fun as a starter with Disguise and the immunities to play with early-game, as well as Splash-Z combined with really weak attacks early on. Mimikyu starts out kinda broken, works its way to being kinda weak, then becomes perfectly balanced once you suddenly get good TM's. Honestly trading my starter for this was such a good idea. I have wanted a Ghost/Fairy Pokemon since XY came out and Mimikyu didn't disappoint.

I played with Battle Style: Set and used Exp share for about 30% of the game, and I tried my best to never let any Pokemon get KO'd Fire Emblem style, so the game felt challenging enough (although I only ever lost one battle). Being slow and not overleveled meant I had to actually weigh-in on risks and try to set up win cons (setting up with Mimikyu or Resttalk Wishiwashi in the rain, etc) for some of the "boss" fights, which ended up being honestly really freaking hype considering it was just AI.

Let me take a moment here to say that Resttalk Wishiwashi with Quick Claw and maxed Poke Refresh is absolute clown shoes hilarity RNG to the max and I loved every moment of it. Alright, I'm glad that was established. Good talk.

Leader Wallace Mandibuzz is actually a really good Pokemon to have if you're playing without Exp Share or with Battle Style: Set, etc. Glass Cannons like Salazzle appreciate the consistent switch-in and slow U-Turns against this game's plethora of bulky attackers, and the bulky attackers on your team appreciate the Tailwind support late-game when things get a bit tougher. The fact that you're pivoting with it often gives it XP despite it not getting a lot of kills, and it gets Nasty Plot early game to hold it off until U-Turn (although honestly X-items are good enough anyway). This is based off of my experience using Pelliper, I really liked it. Have fun!

Also Wallace:

You literally don't get Komoo-o until the very end of the game, so you may want to consider using something else and using Komoo-o for endgame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)