Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but if you use Spotlight on an enemy Pokemon in a double battle, will the opponent hit its ally Pokemon as well?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This may have already been tested (I'm not trawling through 15 pages to find out), but:
With Burn Up removing typing for non-Fire-type Pokemon does Roost remove Tornadus's Flying-type for does it make it Normal-Type?
It becomes a Normal-type (took no damage from Night Shade)

I can't do vids but I've been here all thread, you can trust me on these.

I also went and double checked to make sure if it's doubling the base power or if it's a STAB multiplier. It's simply doubling the base power of water-type moves, and doesn't rely on STAB.
Does it double the power of Hydro Vortex as well?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I can't do vids but I've been here all thread, you can trust me on these.

I also went and double checked to make sure if it's doubling the base power or if it's a STAB multiplier. It's simply doubling the base power of water-type moves, and doesn't rely on STAB.
so it's just doing 85 x 2 and not adding STAB to that for liquidation?

While its been confirmed that Memories don't boost the power of regular moves like thunderbolt, could anyone see if they boost the power of Multi Attack?

Liquidation doubles the power of Water-type moves regardless of the Pokemon's type, including the Z-Move Hydro Vortex, and has no affect on status Water-type moves. (UltiMario)
I assume you meant Water Bubble by this.

Also, for clarification on Steelworker, does it only boost allies' Steel-type moves, or does it boost those of every Pokémon on the field?

EDIT: misread the mechanics of Steelworker. Does it boost only Steel-type allies, or all Steel-types on the field?

Nexus Edit: oops, fixed it

Can Golisopod change its ability by an attack? I'm more specific to know if it can get a new ability trough entertainment... (yeah, water bubble golisopod)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I've noticed you still haven't removed the long solved Unaware thing from the beginning of the OP, but more importantly...

Has the damage modifier on -ate abilities (Pixilate, Refrigerate, etc) been changed from 1.3x?
I'm never confident in these boost based ones because I don't trust myself to not fuck up the damage calcs, but I'm going to stick my neck out on this one....

-ate abilities have been nerfed to 1.2x

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've noticed you still haven't removed the long solved Unaware thing from the beginning of the OP, but more importantly...

I'm never confident in these boost based ones because I don't trust myself to not fuck up the damage calcs, but I'm going to stick my neck out on this one....

Done and anyone else can help confirm this, not that I don't trust you but this is one of those things it's best to have multiple accounts on

Does this apply to Galvanize and Normalize?

Edit:ninjaed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)