Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Don't think I saw it mentioned but I was able to still use my Z-move despite the opponent using Fake Out.
What pokemon did you (and your opponent) have? The last time I checked it, the Z-move couldn't be used if pokemon flinched (and the Z-Power wasn't wasted either)

Bredding related:
I bred 12 eggs:
Ditto + Abra with Inner Focus ->no items
Result: I only got Abra with Inner Focus as an ability, no Synchronize!

Is this known or just bad luck? In the old games this was my trick to get Synchro Pokemon

Does a Pokémon with Snatch steal the special effects of Z Status moves? I.e. would a Pokémon using Snatch steal the boosts from Z Conversion?

Does Encore work on Z moves that are status moves (like currently implemented on PS?0 or are they included with attack moves? I read the OP but it does not exactly clarify this.

Thanks!

Bredding related:
I bred 12 eggs:

Is this known or just bad luck? In the old games this was my trick to get Synchro Pokemon
Male or Female? For Female that's about right. I think it's an 80% to pass down the female Pokemon's ability.

Male or Female? For Female that's about right. I think it's an 80% to pass down the female Pokemon's ability.
Male Abra O.O I just checked... can someone test this too? Because it could possibly mean that Abilities get always passed down in Generation 7 regardless of Gender if bred with Ditto

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Bredding related:
I bred 12 eggs:

Male Abra O.O I just checked... can someone test this too? Because it could possibly mean that Abilities get always passed down in Generation 7 regardless of Gender if bred with Ditto
I was actually helping out a friend and told them to breed their Inner Focus Male Kadabra with a Ditto for Synchronize, and on their second or third egg it came out. Your luck is just awful.

Don't think I saw it mentioned but I was able to still use my Z-move despite the opponent using Fake Out.
Speaking of Inner Focus: You sure this wasn't that wasn't the ability of the Pokemon that used the Z-Move?

I was actually helping out a friend and told them to breed their Inner Focus Male Kadabra with a Ditto for Synchronize, and on their second or third egg it came out. Your luck is just awful.
... I think it is. I had to search for 35 Minutes until I found a Tauros, I had to search for 2 1/2 hours for bagon and I gave up after 40 minutes trying to find Ditto on Route 10 so I had to Trade it.

Is my cartridge cursed, can someone check that for me?/s

Lightningrod now has priority over a Ground-typing. My Cubone in-game gained a +1 Special Attack boost after a wild Chinchou attempted to use Thunder Wave on it.

Couldn't see this mentioned in the OP of the thread, so apologies if this has been noted already.
As a follow-up to this, fitzy tested whether Lightningrod gave a Special Attack boost through Protect. It didn't.

Noting this in case the question gets asked here too.

Sooo I just caught wind of a rumor that Figy berry and the other berries like it were buffed to heal 50% of a mon's HP. However they confuse your mon if they dislike the taste. What determines the taste they like? Does it work with Belly Drum/Glutton? Etc? Is it 50% or 25% HP that they activate on?

Sooo I just caught wind of a rumor that Figy berry and the other berries like it were buffed to heal 50% of a mon's HP. However they confuse your mon if they dislike the taste. What determines the taste they like? Does it work with Belly Drum/Glutton? Etc? Is it 50% or 25% HP that they activate on?
It's at 25%, so you'll need Gluttony if you're wanting to use them with Belly Drum. The Pokémon's nature determines which taste they dislike.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Reactions: Ren

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
My Alakazam traced Mimikyu'a disguise but nothing happened? (Nothing as in, it took damage anyway - I got a message saying it as traced.) Asking here to confirm if in-game mechanics support the PS ones

My Alakazam traced Mimikyu'a disguise but nothing happened? (Nothing as in, it took damage anyway - I got a message saying it as traced.) Asking here to confirm if in-game mechanics support the PS ones
Disguise is hardcoded to Mimikyu, anything else that gets it will still take damage normally. As for tracing the ability, it does not happen in game (tried with trace and Mimikyu both as a lead and trace switching in on Mimikyu). While the subject is at hand, Imposter'd Mimikyu cannot make use of Disguise and takes damage on the first turn regardless of either Pokemon's state.

So, why does Serebii say Battle-bond Water-shuriken is 1.5x if in showdown it's 1.33x?

is it different in the demo?
it doesn't make any sense anymore. the 3hit i can confirm myself from checking myself, but it feels a bit stronger than 60bp.

can anyone confirm for sure?

Not sure if I'm missing this in the OP but I mentioned his in another thread: confirming that Metronome can call Dark Void and that it fails with "but X can't use the move" when this happens. No screenshot unfortunately, it happened in my ingame playthrough with the event Munchlax.

I would assume Mimic works the same way. Occam's Razor suggests the move is hardcoded to fail whenever used by anything other than Darkrai regardless of how it is executed, much like Hyperspace Fury.

(Did they change the animation of the move to involve Darkrai or is this purely a balance change?)

So, why does Serebii say Battle-bond Water-shuriken is 1.5x if in showdown it's 1.33x?

is it different in the demo?
it doesn't make any sense anymore. the 3hit i can confirm myself from checking myself, but it feels a bit stronger than 60bp.

can anyone confirm for sure?
Did a few runs, pretty much all of them were low-end rolls from a base 20- attack
252 SpA Ash-Greninja Water Shuriken (3 hits, 20bp per hit) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 45-54 (19.8 - 23.7%) -- possible 5HKO
(15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)
209 == 18
194 == 15
179 == 15
164 == 15
149 == 15
134 == 15
211 == 16
196 == 15
181 == 15
212 == 15
196 == 16
181 == 15

edit: a calc of it being 22.5 (1.5x power)
252 SpA Ash-Greninja Water Shuriken (3 hits, 23bp per hit) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus: 48-63 (21.1 - 27.7%) -- approx. 20.2% chance to 4HKO
(16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21)

Plus someone earlier mentioned that in the official guide, the power was said to have been raised to 20 from 15 which is a 1.333x boost

I'd just like to bring this up. This Korean wiki page is saying -ate abilities got nerfed for 1.3 to 1.1 boost.

some korean pkm wiki links: https://namu.wiki/w/보만다#s-3.2
https://namu.wiki/w/님피아

I don't quite know just how valid their claims are but I found it interesting and 1.1 seems like it's a more appropriate boost for being "small" as the description of -ate abilities imply. Sorry to brig this up all of a sudden.

edit: actually all Korean wiki/sources are saying the aerilate boost is now 1.1 and not 1.2, or 1.3. If that's true...that's a HUGE nerf. However, I'm not sure if I can trust them over Smogon tests since the Korean sites don't actually put any citations for the tests that actually prove the nerf was for 1.3 to 1.2.

edit2: if it has been confirmed that it's 1.2, not 1.1 or 1.3, then I apologize and do remove this post to avoid confusion.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)