SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

What do they mean about dex entries, specifically. Like what are they looking at in the data to come to this conclusion? To be clear: I do believe this but "no dex entries!" means nothing to me

Basically, the returning mons got their dex entries scrubbed in an attempt to cover their existence, but the scrubbing itself is distinguishable from mons which aren't returning which just never got dex entries typed out to begin with.

It really bugs me that we're getting Diancie and Volcanion, but not Hoopa which was by far the most interesting of the three Kalos mythicals (especially with Mega Diancie gone). Could be because of the weird three day thing with the transformation.

That said, I'll definitely enjoy adding Diancie to my in-game Metronome team since it apparently learns the move. (Have the Home moveset changes been more or less accurate so far?)

Lack of Sinnoh fossils is too weird. Unless that's some serious foreshadowing, is there any reason why they would be removed?
That and only having the Hoenn lines out of all unavailable starters are the two big oddities in this list.

And I can't see anything relevant matching those two (I mean, sure, the Cranidos and Shieldon lines were available in ORAS, but then again, they were natively available in some way on every paired version since their introduction up to USUM).

So assuming no other surprises like Magearna added between now & then, these are the final missing Pokemon

Gen 1: Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Rattata, Raticate, Spearow, Fearow, Ekans, Arbok, Paras, Parasect, Venonat, Vanomoth, Mankey, Primeape, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Doduo, Dodrio, Seel, Dewgong, Grimer, Muk, Drowzee, Hypno, Voltorb, Electrode

Gen 2: Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Sentret, Furret, Ledyba, Ledian, Spinarak, Ariados, Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Aipom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Yanma, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Unown, Girafarig, Pineco, Forretress, Gligar, Snubbull, Granbull, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Slugma, Magcargo, Houndour, Houndoom, Phanpy, Donphan, Stantler, Smeargle

Gen 3: Poochyena, Mightyena, Wurmple, Silcoon, Beautifly, Cascoon, Dustox,Taillow, Swellow, Surskit, Masquerain, Shroomish, Breeloom, Slakoth, Vigoroth, Slaking, Makuhita, Hariyama, Nosepass, Skitty, Delcatty, Meditite, Medicham, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Gulpin, Swalot, Numel, Camerupt, Spoink, Grumpig, Spinda, Cacnea, Cacturne, Zangoose, Seviper, Castform, Kecleon, Shuppet, Banette, Tropius, Chimecho, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Luvdisc, Deoxys

Gen 4: Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Bidoof, Bibarel, Kricketot, Kricketune, Cranidos, Rampardos, Sheildon, Bastiodon, Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Pachirisu, Buizel, Floatzel, Ambipom, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Chingling, Chatot, Carnivine, Finneon, Lumineon, Yanmega, Gliscor, Probopass, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus

Gen 5: Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Patrat, Watchog, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Ducklett, Swanna, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Tynamo, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Meloetta

Gen 6: Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon, Litleo, Pyroar, Flabebe, Floette, Florges, Skiddo, Gogoat, Furfrou, Hoopa

Gen 7: Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Crabrawler, Crabominable, Oricorio, Minor, Komala, Bruxish

So Gen 3 is probably the most eyecatching at first blush, having the most Pokemon missing. But honestly my eyes drift towards Gen 2 the most. For how small that generation is, that's a surprising number of Pokemon missing. Also maybe worth at least one :think: emoji at how the gen 2 & 3 starters were the only other starters to get Home TM/TR lists updated, but gen 2's starters are seemingly absent.

But honestly it probably means nothing. WIth this many Pokemon still missing it's easy to grab all kinds of patterns and run with them to what they could mean. Our brains are too hardwired to find patterns!

Ema Skye

Work!
Some cross referencing with Hoenn Dex to see what ORAS ports might change.
Remaining 3rd Gen: Poochyena, Mightyena, Wurmple, Silcoon, Beautifly, Cascoon, Dustox,Taillow, Swellow, Surskit, Masquerain, Shroomish, Breloom, Slakoth, Vigoroth, Slaking, Makuhita, Hariyama, Nosepass, Skitty, Delcatty, Meditite, Medicham, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Gulpin, Swalot, Numel, Camerupt, Spoink, Grumpig, Spinda, Cacnea, Cacturne, Zangoose, Seviper, Castform, Kecleon, Shuppet, Banette, Tropius, Chimecho, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Luvdisc, Deoxys

Other Gens in Hoenn Dex: Voltorb, Electrode, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Grimer, Muk, Slugma, Magcargo, Probopass

Other than the obvious, it doesn't change much. However, when we consider the Pokemon available through other methods in ORAS, the list changes further. Due to the Mirage Spots, Starter gifts and other things in ORAS, the list of Pokemon not obtainable between the two games is.

Gen 1: Spearow, Fearow, Ekans, Arbok, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel

Gen 2: Sentret, Furret, Ledyba, Ledian, Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Yanma, Gligar, Snubbull, Granbull, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Houndour, Houndoom, Smeargle

Gen 4: Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Bidoof, Bibarel, Burmy, Wormadam, Mothim, Pachirisu, Buizel, Floatzel, Carnivine, Yanmega, Gliscor, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus

Gen 5: Patrat, Watchog, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Ducklett, Swanna, Meloetta

Gen 6: Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon, Litleo, Pyroar, Flabebe, Floette, Florges, Skiddo, Gogoat, Furfrou, Hoopa

And wishful thinking on my part, but if they update the port with the Emerald exclusive features (Battle Frontier and Safari Zone extensions), then it also removes these ones from the list. That assumes Gamefreak is willing to not be lazy for once; this might just literally be ORAS HD...
Ledyba, Ledian, Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Gligar, Gliscor, Snubbull, Granbull, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Houndour, Houndoom, Smeargle

Only Gen 2 left would be: Sentret, Furret, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff and Yanma

If ORAS ports were to happen, I can't be the only one who thinks it would be hilarious that the only Switch game without Mega Evolution would be the latest gen headliners.

...which to me suggests that this might be something they'll bring back in Tundra :blobthinking:

I'm kind of surprised at the lack of starters since they are some of the most popular Pokemon. Especially the Gen 2 Pokemon since they were updated in Home. I guess Toxic Orbs won't be as useful either without Gliscor, Breloom, or Zangoose. Other then the Gen 2 starters, its mostly what I was expecting though if this does indeed end up being the final list.

What’s surprising to me is that they are leaving out the Golem and Muk line. Both Pokémon have been widely available in other gens, as well as LGPE and Go. Not to mention that they would be the only mons with Alolan forms left out of the current game.

Taking the list as a given now, pending possible last-minute revisions, a couple of interesting notes:

-All of the pseudos made it in.

-I think the only dragons that didn't make it in were forms: Arceus-Dragon, Mega Charizard-X, Mega Ampharos, Mega Sceptile, Ultra Necrozma.

Ice and ghost were close to having their entire rosters make it in, but both have several members of their roster left out.

E: Thinking about it some more, GF missed a prime opportunity to be trolly by including Crabrawler in IoA but keeping its location-based evolution requirement and making it only able to evolve in CT.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that they didn't bother with most early game trash mons who didnt already make the base game. Talonflame & arguably Stoutland are about the only significant exception there, but take a look at the others:
-no other early game bird
-no other early game rodent/2-stage normal type (ie we got Stoutland but not Watchog)
-no other early game bugs

Actually most (but not all) early game pokemon in general seemed purposely passed over. Take a look at gen 6, aside from scatterbug we also lost out on the Florges & Pyroar lines, both of which yo ucatch next to the first gym. Furfrou & Skiddo are also relatively early on, just outside of Luimose iirc.

If ORAS ports were to happen, I can't be the only one who thinks it would be hilarious that the only Switch game without Mega Evolution would be the latest gen headliners.

...which to me suggests that this might be something they'll bring back in Tundra :blobthinking:
You know, it's kinda clicking to me seeing that stuff like Aggron and Altaria is in that supposed list... which hypotetical megas would be currently missing from the game files, if we include the potential datamined list of Tundra pokemon? I'm very bad at crossreferencing lists...

With the fact they literally just announced Megas for Go, I do wonder if it is their plan to actually bring them back at some point during this gen.

After all... assuming Tundra releases in autumn, there'd be still around 1.5 years of "life" of gen 8, and I don't think they do plan to make more than at best 1 or 2 DLC after Tundra. Another game would make sense....

Like, this is obviously speculation but.. I can definitely see that the infamous ORAS port/remake is indeed the 2nd batch of titles for this gen, which would probably terrify every person who's been demanding gen 4 remakes for last 5 years.

Ema Skye

Work!
You know, it's kinda clicking to me seeing that stuff like Aggron and Altaria is in that supposed list... which hypotetical megas would be currently missing from the game files, if we include the potential datamined list of Tundra pokemon? I'm very bad at crossreferencing lists...

With the fact they literally just announced Megas for Go, I do wonder if it is their plan to actually bring them back at some point during this gen.

After all... assuming Tundra releases in autumn, there'd be still around 1.5 years of "life" of gen 8, and I don't think they do plan to make more than at best 1 or 2 DLC after Tundra. Another game would make sense....

Like, this is obviously speculation but.. I can definitely see that the infamous ORAS port/remake is indeed the 2nd batch of titles for this gen, which would probably terrify every person who's been demanding gen 4 remakes for last 5 years.
In an ORAS-port world, the missing megas are:
- Ampharos
- Houndoom

...that's it! And if we get the Emerald Safari Zone extensions, they're both here.

If we don't get ORAS ports, add the following:
- Beedrill
- Pidgeot
- Camerupt
- Medicham
- Banette

This would also possibly cover Geodude and Grimer (both in Hoenn Dex) and Ratatta (DexNav encounter), so all the Alolan forms could be covered.

Last edited:
This may be a really big stretch, but i had this theory before the 'omega/alpha NX' leak that one of the DLCs would've been for the post game island from sinnoh rather than a full remake of sinnoh.

Looking at the encounter tables for those routes, they seem to fill a lot of gaps especially if you factor in after the crown tundra datamine.

-Beautifly
-Dustox
-Victreebel
-Floatzel
-Dewgong
- Ledian
- Ariados
- Volbeat
- Illumise
- Venomoth
- Pidgey
- Masqurain
- Cacturne
- Fearow
- Graveler
- Camerupt
- Gligar
- Spinda (depending how they handle swarm mons.)
- Raticate
- Fearow
- Primeape
- Dewgong
- Makuhita (swarm)
- Magcargo
- Graveler

Curious if this links up to anything (notably heatran being obtainable in CT but looks like that wont stop ORAS remakes), would also give them an excuse to pander sinnoh a bit instead of full remake (with the box legends already obtainable.)

Side note, I doubt those will be full ORAS remakes, they might be ORAS+ or something, sounds weird to have hoopa rings + crown tundra in one gen so might be a re-remake with some stuff removed/added or a diff alpha/omega remake entirely.

Maybe the battle frontier project will finish

I'm still subscribing to this theory:
-they got switch devkits early on, probably before they were even named switch, so while GF was still making SM they decided to experiment with porting their last completed game, ORAS. Think of this as similar to what Smash does by porting over what they can from the previous game
-when SM wrapped up Team A began work in earnest on SWSH
-SWSH was taking longer than expected or they otherwise felt they need another game, thus Let's Go
-But Let's Go was meant to be a smaller scope easier to make game, so rather than fully recreate the Kanto region in 3D ala the gen 7 title, they use the quasi-ported ORAS engine as the base
-thus the "omeganx" and "Alphanx" listings are developmental leftovers from their internal listings. Likely a later ORAS branch or a much earlier "letsgo" branch (still funny how lets go is just one singular listing internally)

I know I've commented on it before, on this topic even, but Let's Go similarities to Gen 6 have always been super on the nose. THe model proportions are the same. The camera angles are the same. The Kanto region is very rigidly square in all instances, which was a big calling card of the gen 6 game's styles. Hell even the styling of the map artwork is very similar to a lot of ORAS'

Well okay the map and otherartwork being similar would obviously just be coincidence or them deciding to make it the remake house style for whatever reason. but it's just another of those things that always stuck out to me.

So seeing the "omeganx" listings just kind of...cements it for me, personally. And regardless of my theory just...I can't see them randomly deciding on porting over ORAS of all things as a follow up game.

I don't understand all this talk about ORAS Port when ORAS was out 5,5 years ago ! It will be a huge a mistake ... And ORAS was all about Mega Evolution and not about Dynamax ...

I don't understand all this talk about ORAS Port when ORAS was out 5,5 years ago ! It will be a huge a mistake ... And ORAS was all about Mega Evolution and not about Dynamax ...
The talk is simply due to a leftover data. Noone has a desire for or thinks that a "oras remaster" would be the best next game for the series.
Simply there is the possibility it is a thing.

It really bugs me that we're getting Diancie and Volcanion, but not Hoopa which was by far the most interesting of the three Kalos mythicals (especially with Mega Diancie gone). Could be because of the weird three day thing with the transformation.

That said, I'll definitely enjoy adding Diancie to my in-game Metronome team since it apparently learns the move. (Have the Home moveset changes been more or less accurate so far?)
I can't see any reason why Volcanion would be included, but because Carbink is being added to the Crown Tundra, it only makes sense that its legendary counterpart would be present too.

Also, if some sort of ORAS port is happening (I'm not really following the evidence pointing to that, but it's certainly interesting) saving Hoopa for that to explain Mirage Spots and those weird portals would make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)