SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Forgot to look and on mobile right now, how bulky is corv compared to Skarm on both ends?
100/115 theoretical compared to 98/105

232 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 67-79 (20 - 23.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
232 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory (Corviknight): 82-97 (20.5 - 24.2%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
not too bad, but i fucked up really badly

zekrom finally has dragon dance, electric dragon god can finally go on rampage

zacian exists*

why gf why

dont agree with giving mewtwo nasty plot, it's already crazy fast. once megas will eventually come back, it's gonna be broken
It's almost like I Gen Amnesia Mewtwo came back. And I say almost because its SpD. doesn't get buff like it did before the split.

I mean that’s how a lot of movepools work and regardless it still has access. It’s really not a nerf unless you think in-game heal order is really important to vespi’s success
And that doesn't make it less stupid and counterintuitive. They could have ditched Defense Order instead. It's a bad Pokemon one way or another, I just think adding another hurdle to its success is shitty/funny/pointless.

Frosmoth...has some minor potential? QD/Bug Buzz/Blizzard/Giga Drain in a team with Ninetales-A for Aurora Veil to help it survive better could actually do something.
Its speed still really hurts, but it's not the worst mon ever, I see it hanging around in UU. Running some quick calcs it can survive Char Y Flamethrower in the sun with nothing more than Ice Scales and a 252/252 SpA/SpD set (Yeah I know Char Y isn't in but still).
Building speed on it is a lost cause so might as well make it tanky. Do we know if Assault Vest is in this game?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
And that doesn't make it less stupid and counterintuitive. They could have ditched Defense Order instead. It's a bad Pokemon one way or another, I just think adding another hurdle to its success is shitty/funny/pointless.
I’d rather remove a move that’s both movepool redundant and exclusive tbh, roost should have been an HM tho

Some more notes:

-Gourgeist got both Mystical Fire and Moonblast which is interesting.
-Incineroar learns Parting Shot. Now it has two ways to pivot.
-Sandaconda learns Hurricane for some reason...
-Heat Crash gets distribution (finally) and some notable ones are: Torkoal, Turtonator, Rhyperior, Solgaleo, Coalossal, and Cooperajah.
-Escavalier gets Razor Shell. Great for hitting Fire types!
-Toxtricity weirdly gets Shift Gear...
-Clobbopus and Eiscue learn Soak. Not sure if there is a use? Maybe for Clobbopus so its stab isn't resisted?
-Gyarados, Seismatoad, Grimmsnarl, and Cooperajah learn Power Whip. Is this good on Gyarados?
-Stonjourner learns Rock Polish. While normally useless on rock types, Stonjourner is oddly speedy (70 total), so it may be able to use it.
-It looks like Pain Split, Roost, and Knock Off are missing a lot of contenders. Did I read it wrong or are they less distributed?
-Goldeen and Inkay get Acupressure.
-Amnesia gets a lot of distribution, namely Eiscue, Kingler, Mamoswine, Mantine, Cursola, Runigerus, Wobbuffet(what????)
-Cooperajah gets curse, further cementing it as an amazing trick room mon.
-Mr. Rime has a great support movepool, namely Rapid Spin, Slack Off, Skill Swap, Trick Room, Fake Out, and more!

That is all, finished with my notes!

Some more notes:

-Gourgeist got both Mystical Fire and Moonblast which is interesting.
-Incineroar learns Parting Shot. Now it has two ways to pivot.
-Sandaconda learns Hurricane for some reason...
-Heat Crash gets distribution (finally) and some notable ones are: Torkoal, Turtonator, Rhyperior, Solgaleo, Coalossal, and Cooperajah.
-Escavalier gets Razor Shell. Great for hitting Fire types!
-Toxtricity weirdly gets Shift Gear...
-Clobbopus and Eiscue learn Soak. Not sure if there is a use? Maybe for Clobbopus so its stab isn't resisted?
-Gyarados, Seismatoad, Grimmsnarl, and Cooperajah learn Power Whip. Is this good on Gyarados?
-Stonjourner learns Rock Polish. While normally useless on rock types, Stonjourner is oddly speedy (70 total), so it may be able to use it.
-It looks like Pain Split, Roost, and Knock Off are missing a lot of contenders. Did I read it wrong or are they less distributed?
-Goldeen and Inkay get Acupressure.
-Amnesia gets a lot of distribution, namely Eiscue, Kingler, Mamoswine, Mantine, Cursola, Runigerus, Wobbuffet(what????)
-Cooperajah gets curse, further cementing it as an amazing trick room mon.
-Mr. Rime has a great support movepool, namely Rapid Spin, Slack Off, Skill Swap, Trick Room, Fake Out, and more!

That is all, finished with my notes!

groudon is fuming in it's prison vacation paradise

I'm curious, does Dynamaxing heal your mons by any percentage? Like, say you do that Belly Drum Eiscue thing, Dynamax, heal up, use some ice move to set up hail and then maybe rely on your item to survive the retaliation.

Also Incineroar with Parting Shot and Gothitelle with Fake Out. B a l a n c e
Wait until you notice she got Nasty Plot...
I'm curious, does Dynamaxing heal your mons by any percentage? Like, say you do that Belly Drum Eiscue thing, Dynamax, heal up, use some ice move to set up hail and then maybe rely on your item to survive the retaliation.
No, Dinamax doesn't heal. Keeps the % you had at the use, and maintains the % at the end.
It does *NOT* work like Zygarde's ability.

I know I said this before, and not to repeat myself, but Eiscue is looking amazing. Ice Face for taking physical hits, Belly Drum and Agility for Set up (as well as Iron Defense and Amnesia), plus its speed shoots to 130 when its Ice Face breaks. It also learns a ton of water moves which is great for coverage.

You can either run a belly drum set and use its second form's sweep, or run a hail set and keep ice face up.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Strictly better than U-Turn on non-Assault Vest sets.

See that Rotom-W switching into your Gyarados? I don't either.
Most people overhype Parting Shot, honestly if you have even the slightest amount of attack investment U-Turn usually ends up better in the long run

Nasty Plot Claydol will probably be a fun meme set for like a few hours but then it turn out to be complete garbo. Shame as I kinda want this mon to be good.
With the revamped Rapid Spin, it seems like it could be a legit cleaner if it gets speed boost. It requires a ton of setup though.

Falinks abilities and movepool are a bit disappointing, but not terrible. Defiant is a pretty good Hidden ability, gets Throat Chop, Zen Headbutt, and Iron Head for coverage, and has pretty good setup moves between No Retreat and Swords Dance. Just wish it had skill link given that it could have been a decent Mega Heracross substitute and multi-hit moves are more accessible now (though it strangely gets access to none of them.

Alcremie is looking pretty sweet right now. Decent stats and pretty decent movepool. Most notably, it gets Mystical Fire as coverage. biggest downside is that it doesn't seem to learn Moonblast.

Cinderace hits harder than ninja with U-turn and also with STAB. Js. It's a shame it doesn't have rock or ground coverage, but should be fine with Fire + CC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)