SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

I checked Klinklang, one of my favourite 'mons despite ... umm ... everything. With a new generation, surely it would get a few new tricks up its sleeves(?!?), right?

Oh, look, it gets Power Gem now! And ... it's otherwise completely unchanged. Or, wait, Gear Grind (its best STAB by far) is moved from level 16 to level 32.

And it still rides the train of Plus/Minus even as all the other passengers have got off. The Klink line and Toxtricity are the sole users of Plus, while the Klink line and the Electrike line (HA only) are the sole Minus users. That's right, the Klink line still got both those (functionally identical) abilities, apparently for the purpose of boosting Klinklang's base 70 SpA to become a special attacker (hence the addition of Power Gem to a movepool that currently only has Steel, Electric and Normal-type moves in it). In any other circumstances, its base 100 Attack is a much more powerful stat, but it only learns Steel and Normal-type physical moves, plus Wild Charge. Oh, and Return is no more, so it'll have to rely on Facade for Normal-type coverage.

So the Klink line is still as useless as ever; arguably even more than before since its best move has been shifted from the early-game to mid-late-game. Klang still evolves at level 49. Maybe it could be situationally useful alongside Toxtricity if the game has plenty of Double battles, but I'm not really holding my breath on that front.

...so yeah, I'm not using Klink in SwSh. I used it when I last ran through USUM, that'll be enough for a while.
Not that it matters too much, but Toxtricity also gets Minus in one of its forms. That seems to be the only difference between the two forms, in fact, stat-wise (could be movepool differences, maybe?).

Also, I think we got our first baby Pokémon since Gen IV! Possibly, at least. Toxel is in the Undiscovered egg group even though Toxtricity is Human-Like. Being unable to breed by way of the Undiscovered group while your evolutions are able to is a trait only possessed by Baby Pokémon, most recently Riolu, Munchlax, Mantyke, Chingling, Mime Jr., and Budew.

Mew is absolutely loving these changes right now for its offensive sets

Gets close combat, play rough, flare blitz, megahorn, heavy slam, dragon dance, heat crash, power whip, gunk shot, nasty plot, darkest lariat, psychic fangs, swords dance

And thats not mentioning its usual special movepool (boltbeam,earth power, aura sphere, + new goodies such as life dew and leaf storm and overheat)

For hazards it gets toxic spikes and spikes too

Unfortunately for it loses roost and softboiled. But once pokemon home is released that wont be a problem

Toxel/Toxtricity get Nuzzle which is cool. First time a non-pikaclone gets it, and helps a potential assault vest set.

EDIT: And Yamper/Bolthund and Hattenna get it. Interesting. And kinda wierd in Hattena's case.

Nasty Plot Hydreigon??? Wow, busting every wall.... NASTY PLOT GENGAR! Wow.... right back to OU....
Little bit underwhelmed by Dragapults physical movepool.

Dragon Dance & Dragon Darts will make it a threat
Phantom Force, Breaking Swipe, U-turn, Sucker Punch, Psychic Fangs, Outrage, Double Edge.... really not much else to choose from.
Does have a terrific special movepool. Fire blast will work well against Ferro, and it probably can still run a Jolly nature and guarentee 2HKO

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
To me the biggest surprise is that the Kanto bird trio didn't return. They already got Mewtwo and stuff like the Swords of Justice in there, figured it'd be an obvious addition. Oh, also the Alola starters coming back. That's odd, but I ain't complaining!

I really hope these extra legendaries are available without the need for any special event or whatever. Perhaps in the form of very rare max raid battles or even just normal legendary encounters?

To me the biggest surprise is that the Kanto bird trio didn't return. They already got Mewtwo and stuff like the Swords of Justice in there, figured it'd be an obvious addition. Oh, also the Alola starters coming back. That's odd, but I ain't complaining!

I really hope these extra legendaries are available without the need for any special event or whatever. Perhaps in the form of very rare max raid battles or even just normal legendary encounters?
i hope ur right but i think we would already know if they were present in the game normally. i think theyre all gonna be events

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
i hope ur right but i think we would already know if they were present in the game normally. i think theyre all gonna be events
I guess... still, neat way to extend the game's longevity if they do go that route. Hopefully they'll at least be transferrable via Home even before the events occur!

With Power Whip, os there ANY hard counter to gyarados? It pretty much kills any chance quagsire, vaporeon and rotom-w had to stop Gyra are gone.
I was just about to post how bad two of the new dragons are, in terms of movepools ... Duraludon might tank a hit with it's high HP and Def stats and can attack with Thunderbolt.
I'm sure that's just one example out of some.

ugh wtf, toxic getting yeeted from the tm list REALLY sucks. shuckle legitimately cant win anything 1-on-1 now, as an example
It's listed as an Egg Move for it now, so GameFreak clearly had your train of thought. And with the Day Care additions, any non-bred Galar Shuckle can simply learn Toxic from another Shuckle that knows it when they're in the Day Care together.

Barraskewda gets Drill Run (?), CC, Crunch, Psychic Fangs, Poison Jab, Bounce, Throat Chop, and Ice Fang as coverage. It also gets priority in Aqua Jet. This thing would have really loved DD or Sword Dance, but it only got Agility. Still, a Life Orb or Band set are viable on a rain team.
It's HA is called "Propeller Tail", so I'd wager it can spin around it's body like a drill while charging, which fits the move description.

Leafeon learns Solar Blade. Calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Leafeon Solar Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 282-333 (86.7 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Leafeon Solar Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arcanine: 309-365 (96.2 - 113.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Leafeon Solar Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 339-399 (104.9 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Barraskewda gets Drill Run (?), CC, Crunch, Psychic Fangs, Poison Jab, Bounce, Throat Chop, and Ice Fang as coverage. It also gets priority in Aqua Jet. This thing would have really loved DD or Sword Dance, but it only got Agility. Still, a Life Orb or Band set are viable on a rain team.
who needs rain when its outpacing everything without a scarf
and can set its own rain with dynamax

Leafeon learns Solar Blade. Calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Leafeon Solar Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 282-333 (86.7 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Leafeon Solar Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arcanine: 309-365 (96.2 - 113.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Leafeon Solar Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Virizion: 339-399 (104.9 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Today I remembered that Leafeon also has Chlorophyll. Sun looks alive and well this gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)