SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Do we know is it possible in older games to teach pokemon moves which they are unable to learn in sword/shield and then just transfer the pokemon to sword/shield? Or do you need to delete those moves first before you can transfer pokemon to sword/shield.

I think DM Necrozma outclasses Zamazenta :[
Possibly. While the +1 Defense and much higher Speed is nice, Necrozma-DM can use Toxic if it's allowed to do so, has reliably recovery, and can use Dragon Dance now to boost Speed. Plus, it can check Mewtwo a heck of a lot better than Zamazenta can.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Has anyone made a list of all the changes that old pokemon got, without having to sift through the huge pastebins?

I think DM Necrozma outclasses Zamazenta :[
Zamazenta is faster and Necrozma-DM has a lot of trouble dealing with it because of its monstrous defence. I think Zamazenta is better at being a hit and run attacker who uses its bulk to repeatedly switch in, chunk the opponent with a sizable hit off its high speed stat, and then switch out again. Necrozma-DM feels like it wants to be setting up or acting as a utility wall, as well as the areas in which the two overlap. Zamazenta also handles Marshadow a lot better. (Does it OHKO with Psychic Fangs or Behemoth Bash if Marshadow steals its +1 def on the switch-in?)

The fact that Zamazenta quad resists Stealth Rock emphasises this hit and run niche.

Edit: Zamazenta also absolutely chunks Dynamax mons.

Last edited:
Zamazenta is faster and Necrozma-DM has a lot of trouble dealing with it because of its monstrous defence. I think Zamazenta is better at being a hit and run attacker who uses its bulk to repeatedly switch in, chunk the opponent with a sizable hit off its high speed stat, and then switch out again. Necrozma-DM feels like it wants to be setting up or acting as a utility wall, as well as the areas in which the two overlap. Zamazenta also handles Marshadow a lot better. (Does it OHKO with Psychic Fangs or Behemoth Bash if Marshadow steals its +1 def on the switch-in?)

The fact that Zamazenta quad resists Stealth Rock emphasises this hit and run niche.

Edit: Zamazenta also absolutely chunks Dynamax mons.
May be but they both fulfill similar roles. Necrozma-DM has access to Leftovers, it can Toxic and SR, DD, SD, Rock Polish Weakness Policy, greater attack stat while remaining bulky af due to high defenses and prism armor...

Idk, have to wait til I see them both in action, but that's what I believe.

(Does it OHKO with Psychic Fangs or Behemoth Bash if Marshadow steals its +1 def on the switch-in?)
No need to calc because Zamazenta gets rekt by Marshadows CC while it hits DM Necro for neutral.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Either there's something missing in the database of Game Freak ***ed up, but...

Zamazenta does NOT learn Body Press

That's the Power 80 Fighting Type move that uses your Defense, the stat Zamazenta's Ability boosts. Wooloo not learning Rollout is forgivable, but this? THIS! Please tell me there's an error.

No need to calc because Zamazenta gets rekt by Marshadows CC
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 242-283 (74.4 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EDIT: Corrected calc to assume Life Orb. So I guess Sneak afterwards does it, so Zamazenta has to invest in def.

Surprisingly, Marshadow actually has the bulk to tank pretty much any of Zamazenta's attacks even after LO recoil, which makes running Psychic Fangs on Zamazenta pointless. Seems like Zacian and Zamazenta will end up running practically identical movesets, and there'll be a sort of Latios vs Latias situation going on except that Zacian is clearly better.

EDIT2: Necrozma also gets 2HKOed by either of Marshadow's moves even at 252HP and is outsped by it:

252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 228-269 (57.2 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 203-239 (51 - 60%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

So it still fares worse in the matchup where it switches in, unless Necrozma invests in Defense and Marshadow doesn't get high rolls, because Necrozma can't even get a hit in before just dying.

Last edited:
Either there's something missing in the database of Game Freak ***ed up, but...

Zamazenta does NOT learn Body Press

That's the Power 80 Fighting Type move that uses your Defense, the stat Zamazenta's Ability boosts. Wooloo not learning Rollout is forgivable, but this? THIS! Please tell me there's an error.
And grappoloct does not learn Mach Punch.

Copperajah is looking like the best new Trick Room sweeper thanks to its base 130 Attack and a movepool that compliments Sheer Force. On top of Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Play Rough and Stone Edge getting boosted it also has Earthquake, Superpower, Heat Crash to take care of Ferrothorn, Power Whip to deal with Rotom-W and if for some reason you don't want four attacking moves, it gets Stealth Rock. :bloblul:

Does Body Press only consider the users Defence to calculate the damage? If so then Cofagrigus now has a way to deal with Dark types. Runerigus gets this move as well.

Last edited:
Defensive Defog Lunala will make for an excellent user of Heavy-Duty Boots. It keeps the Shadow Shield intact long enough for it to Defog entry hazards away.

Gigamax Orbeetle sets up Gravity for 5 turn and has access to Trick Room. With the right support, it can put your Pkm to sleep with a much more accurate Hypnosis. That's a pretty neat niche in VGC. If it's worth using it over any other dynamax/gigamax Pkm remains to be seen. But I think that this is something to keep in mind.

No, you're right. Maybe they didn't put it because it would have been too strong.
Meanwhile they put in a Pokemon with effectively 250 base attack, 148 speed, almost perfect coverage, 92/115/115 bulk, and the best defensive typing in the game. And also let it hit for 200 base power vs opposing Dynamaxes, just for good measure.

The only reason Zamazenta's power matters is that Zacian will be banned to AG within about five seconds of the new metas existing.

Centiskorch is actually pretty okay when looking close into it. It has 6 resistances and only 3 weaknesses. It also has a Gigantamax form which is always a benefit, especially since it has Fire Spin affects. Coil is also a great stat boosting move overall. This is especially important considering it has Power Whip, which it super effective against Water and Rock types.

Like what you all already said, it's main problem is speed and lack of defense but I can still see it being used quite often in lower tiers.

Although it isn't in the same league as Rillaboom and Cinderace's hidden abilities, Intellion didn't do too bad with Sniper. We've never had a sniper mon faster than Kingdra or Drapion before. (and Kingdra was always better just abusing Swift Swim anyways) And this one hit's pretty hard naturally even without the sniper crit boost. Certainly better than what Primarina got anyways lol.
Inteleon can learn Focus Energy via TR. Use a Scope Lens on it and it could have a niche Sniper Critical Hit set that can be used outside of Rain teams due to its already high speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)