SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Coverage? What coverage do you need when you can just click Close Combat all day and occasionally First Impression with no repercussions lol

Sirfetch'd could be GOAT in Monotype. Defog, Roost, U-turn, yummy yummy yummy. 65 speed is far from bad btw: It can easily get the jump on bulkier teams. Don't underestimate the Fetch'd
I don't think Galarian Farfetch'd or Sirfetch'd gets Roost or U-turn. I couldn't find it in its learnset. It does get Defog, though.

Yeah both Sir and Far have a 5% chance to hold the Leek item (Stick)

according to these anyway
https://pastebin.com/Cyg8Rp53
https://pastebin.com/c6EFsDjr
Farfetch'd 1 (Galarian) has the 50% chance of Leek.

I'm disappointed that Sirfetch'd is less slashy. Brick Break and Slam over Slash and Air Slash? Slam better be buffed. And all its shield amounts to is access to Iron Defense. To be honest I was expecting more Flying moves and had Farfetch'd's current moves in mind, but I guess it's all due to becoming pure Fighting.

EDIT: Apparently it's a 5% chance to find it in 2 places too, outside of the raids and such.

Last edited:
Clangorous Soul.png

Snap Trap.png

So I got like two questions
- What's the BP/Acc/PP of Snap Trap
- How much HP does Clangorous Soul drain? Is it like Belly Drum and take 50% or what?

Edit: Can I talk about how Unfezant finally learns Brave Bird after nearly 3 generations of not having it. Sadly it cost my bird friend it's other stab to get the move.

To put into perspective just how utterly, absurdly unreasonable Zacian is:

Let's take Mega Rayquaza. A Pokemon which caused the creation of a new meta because it was so strong that it had to be banned from the banlist, and which has been the sole occupant of that meta for two generations straight. A Pokemon which has been considered THE gold standard for over-the-top power creep since its inception.

Let's take away its special attack stat, which few sets used anyway. We'll also take away its priority, which was somewhat important but rarely essential -- it'll miss it, but whatever.

In return, we'll allow it to attack with the power of its Life Orb set without incurring recoil or any other disadvantage, and make that boost impervious to Knock Off. We'll give it loads more resistances and less weaknesses, such that only one Pokemon in the entire meta can hit it super-effectively with its STAB. Let's make that defensive power no longer conditional on maintaining a field effect that other Pokemon can overwrite or disable, and slightly improve its bulk.

We'll also remove its Stealth Rock weakness and turn it into a resistance, so it can switch out much more easily and be less reliant on team support. To this end, we'll make it immune to Toxic too.

We'll improve its speed by 33 points -- enough to outspeed every relevant Pokemon in the game unboosted, and outspeed neutral-natured scarfers up to base 95. This way, it can run Swords Dance more effectively, and still outspeed Marshadow which could otherwise ruin its day.

We'll give it far better STAB that hits the vast majority of relevant targets for at least neutral damage and plenty for super-effective. We'll give it coverage moves that hit every remaining target super-effectively within the other two moveslots, so it doesn't have to choose what it has trouble dealing with.

But wait, there's more! There's a new mechanic which allows any Pokemon to make itself twice as bulky! Let's give it a move that straight up negates that mechanic.

Finally, this will exist in a meta where the vast majority of previously top-tier threats to Mega Rayquaza no longer exist. There'll be a new steel-type threat with a gimmick which turns that threat into a physical wall, so one of our hero's coverage moves will hit it super-effectively while flat-out bypassing that gimmick. The other new threat will be less gimmick reliant, so we'll just make it outright immune to both of their STABs and completely stop that threat from boosting its attack power while our hero is on the field.

That's Zacian.

They really went overboard with Zacian. At the minimum, they should have given Zamazenta the Fairy/Steel typing instead, and Zacian Fighting/Steel so that not only could Zamazenta be a good check to Zacian, but Zacian would have a few more weaknesses. Giving one of the most offensive mons in the game one of the best defensive typings... is laughable.

I have been rummaging the Attack Description Text file to see if there have been changes in effects in these games, but since the King's Shield nerf had already been discussed I didn't find anything notable other than that Howl now raises the Attack stat of your Partners as well, and Teleport keeps its self switching effect from LGPE

Still have no idea how Toxtricity's form works. Appears that it has the same stats and moves but one of them has Plus and the other Minus. One has Shift Gear at 52 and the other "Magnetic Flux." Strangely enough one of them doesn't learn either Venoshock or Venom Drench. What even is this form?

They gave Zacain 170 Attack and an ability that boosts Attack, so I don't think they cared about balance that much.
You say that, but being able to use Iron Defense as essentially the physical version of RBY Mewtwo's Amnesia would've been even more broken. Base 148 with a positive nature is just 5 points less than base 170 with a neutral nature, and attacking off the Defense stat would mean you can't even slow it down with Intimidate or Will-o-Wisp.

Last edited:
Still have no idea how Toxtricity's form works. Appears that it has the same stats and moves but one of them has Plus and the other Minus. One has Shift Gear at 52 and the other "Magnetic Flux." Strangely enough one of them doesn't learn Venoshock. What even is this form?
The moves have a tiny difference. Amped learns Venoshock and Shift Gear while Low Key learns Venom Drench and Magnetic Flux in addition to their Plus and Minus abilities.

I checked Klinklang, one of my favourite 'mons despite ... umm ... everything. With a new generation, surely it would get a few new tricks up its sleeves(?!?), right?

Oh, look, it gets Power Gem now! And ... it's otherwise completely unchanged. Or, wait, Gear Grind (its best STAB by far) is moved from level 16 to level 32.

And it still rides the train of Plus/Minus even as all the other passengers have got off. The Klink line and Toxtricity are the sole users of Plus, while the Klink line and the Electrike line (HA only) are the sole Minus users. That's right, the Klink line still got both those (functionally identical) abilities, apparently for the purpose of boosting Klinklang's base 70 SpA to become a special attacker (hence the addition of Power Gem to a movepool that currently only has Steel, Electric and Normal-type moves in it). In any other circumstances, its base 100 Attack is a much more powerful stat, but it only learns Steel and Normal-type physical moves, plus Wild Charge. Oh, and Return is no more, so it'll have to rely on Facade for Normal-type coverage.

So the Klink line is still as useless as ever; arguably even more than before since its best move has been shifted from the early-game to mid-late-game. Klang still evolves at level 49. Maybe it could be situationally useful alongside Toxtricity if the game has plenty of Double battles, but I'm not really holding my breath on that front.

...so yeah, I'm not using Klink in SwSh. I used it when I last ran through USUM, that'll be enough for a while.
Klinklang actually got a new physical move, Assurance. Not very good, but still something.

You say that, but being able to use Iron Defense as essentially the physical version of RBY Mewtwo's Amnesia would've been even more broken. Base 148 with a positive nature is just 5 points less than base 170 with a neutral nature, and attacking off the Defense stat would mean you can't even slow it down with Intimidate.
It's 145, to be pedantic. But it's also not quite Amnesia because it only works with one specific attack, which four ubers are immune to and another one resists. The rest still use its attack stat. I also doubt it could run a positive nature, because unlike Zacian, its Crowned form drops its speed and it absolutely cannot afford to underspeed Marshadow.

It would have been a potent build, but I don't think it would have been overpowered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)