SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

I’ve heard people say that Kyurem-B is gonna break the meta but its too early to tell. Remember when people thought Zard X would break the meta back in X and Y? But no thought this thing got a huge buff in both DD and physical ice stab.
White Kyurem has been uber since its inception, and the only thing keeping Black Kyurem down was its lacking movepool. Kyu-B now has an arguably *better* movepool than Kyu-W with strong physical BoltBeam coverage and Dragon Dance, still has that 700 BST, and Max Moves are even better than Z-moves for making Freeze Shock viable.

This thing is now FAR better than Mega Charizard X ever was, given that it has 40 more points in base attack, good coverage, and still gets free choice of an item. It's more comparable to Mega Salamence, really.

How good exactly are we thinking Corviknight will be?
Very, very good. It's as physically bulky as Skarmory but with a lot more specially bulk. Defog / Bulk Up / Roost / Taunt / uturn gives it a lot of support options. Probably the best counter to a lot of things like Excadrill, Mamoswine etc. Seems promising. No Magnezone either. Killing off hidden power fire also seems nice for it.

It doesn't get rocks / Spikes / Toxic though so it's sorta like a Skarmory with more bulk but less support.

Last edited:
Very, very good. It's as physically bulky as Skarmory but with a lot more specially bulk. Defog / Bulk Up / Roost gives it a lot of support options. Probably the best counter to a lot of things like Excadrill, Mamoswine etc. Seems promising. No Magnezone either.
I thought that Corviknight had less physical bulk than Skarmory. Although, I did notice that Corviknight had better stats in everything else.

Don't know if anyone's pointed it out yet but a lot of mons that evolve via stone had their level 1 moveset changed(e.g. Moonblast for clefable, Flare Blitz for Arcanine, etc.)

Similarly, many evolved mons that could only learn moves from a pre-evolved form now can learn them via move re-learner(e.g. piloswine now gets ice shard @ lv15)

About 2% less iirc. Not enough to matter and we'll worth a huge increase in special bulk.
Not having hazards (or even toxic?) really sucks for it though. Feels like these ultra passive mons with no ability to set up or status tend to get phased out of the meta once things stabilise. Obviously, having defog is super good, and it just seems like a good choice against the "scary" things we're predicting so far in this gen. I just hope it's not one of those pokemon that provides an easy switch in to meta threats and not much else, as those can get abused pretty hard.

Not having hazards (or even toxic?) really sucks for it though. Feels like these ultra passive mons with no ability to set up or status tend to get phased out of the meta once things stabilise. Obviously, having defog is super good, and it just seems like a good choice against the "scary" things we're predicting so far in this gen. I just hope it's not one of those pokemon that provides an easy switch in to meta threats and not much else, as those can get abused pretty hard.
Maybe. Depends on how the meta develops. It gets U turn or Bulk Up so it can either conserve momentum or be a win con. It definitely has great stats and benefits from a loss of Magnezone and hidden power.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Does snyone know whete the Mint items can be found? Are they in the wild area for watts or are thry battle tower items?
Don't know if they can be watts, but I know I saw them on sale for Battle Points. Probably just the Battle Tower.

Punk Rock: Boosts the power of sound-based moves. The Pokémon also takes half the damage from these kinds of moves.
Do we know how much of a boost to sound-based moves Punk Rock does?

Also I'm a bit annoyed there doesn't seem like there's other way to earn Watts. I know raid have an 100% chance of dropping certain TR each time, but 200 per raid seem a tad low.

I was just wandering, how much damage can give Ferro now that it gets Body Press. With its huge defense stat the damage output should be huge

Could be useful with it?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I was just wandering, how much damage can give Ferro now that it gets Body Press. With its huge defense stat the damage output should be huge

Could be useful with it?
It’s virtually an 80 BP non-stab attack coming off of around a 130 attacking stat. So nothing amazing

With so many mons getting boost moves (Shell Smash Blastoise, Nasty Plot Hydreigon, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.), seems like Unaware is going to be an absolute premium. Here's to the new reign of Unaware Clef.

Also, any word on how Dynamax interacts with Unaware?

EDIT: Since so many moves that have been removed seem to no longer work, is there any word on whether moves that could only be learned in previous Gens (e.g., Toxic on most mons) still function in Sw/Sh?

I played in the Nexus server and Sword and Shield is looking like an interesting meta. I want to share my thoughts.

Dragapult could end up going the Koko route where it abuses its great STAB combination, useful SpA and better special coverage. It looks top tier from experience.

I’ve heard people say that Kyurem-B is gonna break the meta but its too early to tell. Remember when people thought Zard X would break the meta back in X and Y? But no thought this thing got a huge buff in both DD and physical ice stab.

Gyarados is much better this generation. DD + Wacan Berry + Dynamax is nearly unstoppable. It could be banworthy but its wayyyy to early to tell.

Keldeo gained Air Slash and lost main competition via Greninja, and Rain is looking very good with some new abusers and Gyarados. Keldeo also lost alot of its usual counters like Fini, Bulu, the Latis, and Amoonguss. Gen 6 Keldeo might have returned. Sub-CM could also be a viable set again. It looks to be a check to potential threats like Melmetal and Excadrill.

Corviknight looks clean. I used a SpD Bulk Up set with Taunt and Roost which sets up on stuff like Excadrill, Galar Coral, Rillaboom, Ferro, and non offensive variants of Melmetal. The lack of defog could make Corviknight vital on some fatter teams too. Alot of people are sleeping on it.

Excadrill looks S rank material rn. After a SD and Dynamax, it 2HKOs almost the entire theoretical meta. A decreased amount of hazard removal is also beneficial to Drill’s viability.

Melmetal happens to hit hard and take hits like a champ. Not much can come in on it safely. Its also the best Kyurem-B answer we have rn.

Galarian Corsola is a fantastic spinblocker and physical sponge. This is what regular Corsola should’ve been. It sponges hits from DD Gyara, Kyurem-B, Drill, and Melmetal. It has recovery, can set up rocks, and cripples the stuff I mentioned with Will O Wisp.

Nobody here is talking about how much of a serious threat Terrakion might be. Nearly every common offensive rocker from Gen 7 is gone which gives it more of a purpose. Scarf Terra revenges everything I mentioned about Corsola.

Hatterene has good bulk, TR, Mystic Fire, and Magic Bounce. Its looking like one of the best wallbreakers/stallbreakers rn.
Would you say that Galarian Corsola is better than Cursola from what you’ve seen so far?

So I noticed this "CanUseMove" True/False listing in the raw data. If this does indicate removed moves, a lot more moves are unusable than first reported, mostly signature moves? I guess since Porygon is snapped and Smeargle is snapped they didn't feel the need to replace Conversion's description, for example. Also the snapped moves have gigantamax powers so that seems to just be automated.

So I noticed this "CanUseMove" True/False listing in the raw data. If this does indicate removed moves, a lot more moves are unusable than first reported, mostly signature moves? I guess since Porygon is snapped and Smeargle is snapped they didn't feel the need to replace Conversion's description, for example. Also the snapped moves have gigantamax powers so that seems to just be automated.
Interesting...I see that Soft-boiled has 'True' listed, but no Pokemon in https://pastebin.com/DcRRg3QP are listed as learning Soft-boiled. Maybe that means that mons which learned a move legally in previous Gens can still use such moves in Sw/Sh?

Can Zacian and Zamazenta even Dynamax? I wouldn't think so due to the nature of their moves being opposed to the mechanic. I would think the same of Eternatus. That it's normal form is already "Dynamaxed", implied by it's signature move "Dynamax Cannon".

It's a touch disappointing that Zacian's and Zamazenta's movepools are almost identical, right down to their signature moves being exactly the same. I see why, but different typings would have been nice.

Also that they introduced Eternabeam which is just Roar of Time with 10 more base power. They even made it 90 accuracy, because Prismatic Laser was overpowered or something?

On the "Raw" sheet, flag 18 appears to implement the Metronome exclusion list, but without regard for which moves have been snapped. Moves that haven't been snapped, but are nonetheless incapable of being learned by anything in the dex, can probably still be called by Metronome as long as they're tagged for it in this column.

On the "Raw" sheet, flag 18 appears to implement the Metronome exclusion list, but without regard for which moves have been snapped. Moves that haven't been snapped, but are nonetheless incapable of being learned by anything in the dex, can probably still be called by Metronome as long as they're tagged for it in this column.
Metronome can still roll Dark Void. For fuck sake.
EDIT: Maybe not, see below

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)