SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Terrain pulse: So it's nature power, but it trades secondary effects and 30 base-state power for 10-15 boosted power and...beating taunt I guess? (though that also means it gets no advantage from prankster). Why does this exist? What would get it that wouldn't get nature power, and why would they run it if they had both?

dual wingbeat: Doesn't seem great tbh. 80/90 (72 average) doesn't have the kind of power to upset Brave Bird's dominance. Aeordactyl is notable, but I could see people still running aerial ace since they already have accuracy issues on their rock STAB

burning jealousy: Seems designed as a direct answer to Dmax, though it would need massive availability for that to be meaningful.

Expanding force: At least it does its job well, with the power increase also making up for the damage penalty to spread moves. I'm not super thrilled though, since it doesn't add anything to Psychic Terrain-- you were already going to use whatever strong Psychic move you had available.

Flip turn: The big question here is distribution. I want it on technician users because I like Technician probably too much, but there aren't any water-type Technician mons, and many water-types (that we would expect to get first) would be unbalanced with it.

Skitter Smack: You could have made it even with Lunge. Why didn't you make it even with Lunge? 70/90 (avg 63) is just not good enough to be run as an offensive option, and it has less reliable debuffs than struggle bug.

rising voltage: Assuming a doubled power and the 1.5 from terrain, we're looking at a 210/100 equivalent. That's big. I would have preferred something that is more interesting than big damage though, since that's what Eterrain already does.

Meteor Beam: Because why would Rock get a 100% accuracy move? I'm not sure what the use case is for this, since there are no Unburden users that would be likely to learn it, and I'm not sure it's worth the Power Herb without Unburden

Grassy Glide: At least it's different from just doing more damage, which means it might conceivably make Grassy Terrain more of a true archetype. Depends on how many priority-starved (read: slow) mons get access to it.

Poltergeist: Unreliable, but finally an effective physical Ghost move. I'm curious how it interacts with the form-change items, as well as potentially other non-removable items (Boy would it be funny to beat zacian to death with its own sword)

triple axel: Assuming 20/40/80 and adjusting for triple kick-style accuracy, I got an average power of 108.72. So better than icicle crash, but not particularly impressive in its own right. Note that Skill link causes Triple Kick to only need one accuracy check, but there unfortunately aren't any ice-type Skill Linkers

Scale Shot: How many Setup moves does Kommo-o need? GF: Yes. The part of me that likes combinations is disappointed by the lack of skill link, technician, or simple support.

coaching: it exists, might be interesting with a Simple partner.

Lash out: This is poorly worded: "its stats are lowered" could refer to either the user or the target. the rest of the text implies the former, which makes it potentially more situational, and thus less likely to be used compared to knock off (the latter interpretation could possibly allow intimidators coming in off a KO to always get the boost). Seems to be intended as anti-DMax, like Burning Jealousy.

corrosive gas: I don't like mutual disadvantage states, and it seems like it would be permanent, and thus can't do the interesting things Magic Room can.

Steel roller: When Tapu Bulu bulldozes your supermarket, so you bulldoze his face. Would be an interesting tech on earthquake users, but I don't see use outside that.

scorching sands: As a steel-type main, I am opposed to this on principle.

misty explosion: I like the concept. It takes the only defensive terrain and gives it an offensive option, while simultaneously giving a free switch to your setter if you use it right when it expires. I don't expect it will see any serous use, however.
Terrain Pulse is near-identical to Weather Ball. It's seriously just Weather Ball for terrain effects. With respect, I do not see how you read "50 BP Normal" as a Nature Power effect, which itself only functions by replicating other moves.

triple axel: Assuming 20/40/80 and adjusting for triple kick-style accuracy, I got an average power of 108.72. So better than icicle crash, but not particularly impressive in its own right. Note that Skill link causes Triple Kick to only need one accuracy check, but there unfortunately aren't any ice-type Skill Linkers
Cloyster is an Ice type and gets Skill Link.

Terrain pulse: So it's nature power, but it trades secondary effects and 30 base-state power for 10-15 boosted power and...beating taunt I guess? (though that also means it gets no advantage from prankster). Why does this exist? What would get it that wouldn't get nature power, and why would they run it if they had both?

dual wingbeat: Doesn't seem great tbh. 80/90 (72 average) doesn't have the kind of power to upset Brave Bird's dominance. Aeordactyl is notable, but I could see people still running aerial ace since they already have accuracy issues on their rock STAB

burning jealousy: Seems designed as a direct answer to Dmax, though it would need massive availability for that to be meaningful.

Expanding force: At least it does its job well, with the power increase also making up for the damage penalty to spread moves. I'm not super thrilled though, since it doesn't add anything to Psychic Terrain-- you were already going to use whatever strong Psychic move you had available.

Flip turn: The big question here is distribution. I want it on technician users because I like Technician probably too much, but there aren't any water-type Technician mons, and many water-types (that we would expect to get first) would be unbalanced with it.

Skitter Smack: You could have made it even with Lunge. Why didn't you make it even with Lunge? 70/90 (avg 63) is just not good enough to be run as an offensive option, and it has less reliable debuffs than struggle bug.

rising voltage: Assuming a doubled power and the 1.5 from terrain, we're looking at a 210/100 equivalent. That's big. I would have preferred something that is more interesting than big damage though, since that's what Eterrain already does.

Meteor Beam: Because why would Rock get a 100% accuracy move? I'm not sure what the use case is for this, since there are no Unburden users that would be likely to learn it, and I'm not sure it's worth the Power Herb without Unburden

Grassy Glide: At least it's different from just doing more damage, which means it might conceivably make Grassy Terrain more of a true archetype. Depends on how many priority-starved (read: slow) mons get access to it.

Poltergeist: Unreliable, but finally an effective physical Ghost move. I'm curious how it interacts with the form-change items, as well as potentially other non-removable items (Boy would it be funny to beat zacian to death with its own sword)

Scale Shot: How many Setup moves does Kommo-o need? GF: Yes. The part of me that likes combinations is disappointed by the lack of skill link, technician, or simple support.

coaching: it exists, might be interesting with a Simple partner.

Lash out: This is poorly worded: "its stats are lowered" could refer to either the user or the target. the rest of the text implies the former, which makes it potentially more situational, and thus less likely to be used compared to knock off (the latter interpretation could possibly allow intimidators coming in off a KO to always get the boost). Seems to be intended as anti-DMax, like Burning Jealousy.

corrosive gas: I don't like mutual disadvantage states, and it seems like it would be permanent, and thus can't do the interesting things Magic Room can.

Steel roller: When Tapu Bulu bulldozes your supermarket, so you bulldoze his face. Would be an interesting tech on earthquake users, but I don't see use outside that.

scorching sands: As a steel-type main, I am opposed to this on principle.

misty explosion: I like the concept. It takes the only defensive terrain and gives it an offensive option, while simultaneously giving a free switch to your setter if you use it right when it expires. I don't expect it will see any serous use, however.
Cloyster is a ice type that has skill link, but wouldnt the other ice multihit move be better?

Edit: ninja'd

wait i just noticed
Evolves into Lycanroc-0 @ 25 (LevelUpMorning) [0]
Evolves into Lycanroc-1 @ 25 (LevelUpNight) [0]

Evolves into Lycanroc-2 @ 25 (LevelUpDusk) [0] (this one is still exclusive to Own Tempo Rockruff btw)

Lycanroc isn't tied to version anymore! JUST time. Finally, how it always should have eben

Terrain Pulse is near-identical to Weather Ball. It's seriously just Weather Ball for terrain effects. With respect, I do not see how you read "50 BP Normal" as a Nature Power effect, which itself only functions by replicating other moves.
What nature power calls is dependent on terrain, and always calls a ~80 power special move in the situations obtainable in PVP battles, hence why I used the comparison with it instead of weather ball.

Also yeah, I missed cloyster, but I unfortunately don't expect it to get a move named for something done with expressly a humanoid form

View attachment 255171

Apparently there's an NPC in the Battle Tower that adds a Galar mark to Pokémon from older games.
Both interesting and a step back. Makes anything legal in VGC, which goes against why marks were implemented to begin (to stop difficult to get stuff like unavailable event moves or sets).

edit: just saw your new post and take everything back. So they take away your moves then?

It seems. But you do lose all the moves it had in the process (replacing them with its level learnset).
Makes sense considering how some pokemon lost access to moves and all. Still, it's a nice option if you had a pokemon already built up before

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)