SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

-Fossils are probably all over the place because there's a bit of a spleunking and discovery theme, which ties into fossils pretty reasonable a connection.
-Ultra Beasts are "definitenly not legends" legendary. We knwo from the datamine that they show up in the dens alongside legendary Pokemon and there's a part of the story that's "It Came From Ultra Space" (im still thinking this is more on the Cosmog side than the UB side, but either way!)
-the article is a lot of bunk mixed in with reposts of dataminer findings and misinterpretation of other findings
Yeah I guess when you put it like that it does make sense for the fossils to return since the main theme of the tundra IS exploration.
Honestly I only used that article as a means to see what the datamined roster was, and it just happened to have something regarding the tundra's release date. I was doubtful about it at first, and honestly thanks to your reply I'm even more doubtful now, but either way, the tundra will come out when it comes out.

-Fossils are probably all over the place because there's a bit of a spleunking and discovery theme, which ties into fossils pretty reasonable a connection.
-Ultra Beasts are "definitenly not legends" legendary. We knwo from the datamine that they show up in the dens alongside legendary Pokemon and there's a part of the story that's "It Came From Ultra Space" (im still thinking this is more on the Cosmog side than the UB side, but either way!)
There'll be caves where you can go and dig for fossils. And the chapter where you can catch the Ultra Beasts is called "It Came from the Ultra Beyond!"

There'll be caves where you can go and dig for fossils. And the chapter where you can catch the Ultra Beasts is called "It Came from the Ultra Beyond!"
Do we know there's caves you dig fossils out of because my assumption was you'd just find fossils lying around or as rewards in raids

What's this thing about the DLC being in 'four acts'? It's not terribly surprising of course, but what does that datamine entail all in all?

You know, since it's been a while, I figured it couldn't hurt compile all the Tundra findings into one post. All of these come from SciresM or Matt on twitter; I'm not linking every single tweet just because this would get out of control but...

This was Scires' first thread, some highlights
  • Fly locations, most of them dealing with legendary areas. (Minshuku I suspect is meant to be a town)
  • There's "memos" dealing with the birds and regi
  • There's some "Garium" event. No clue
  • There is a Regigigas capture event, as expected
  • The Musketeers (including Keldeo) seem to have a post-game quest dedicated to them after completing both IoA & Crown Tundra
  • The Tundra has 17 zones, just like Island of Armor
  • The four title cards I posted earlier. A Legendary Tree of a Legendary Three! = the big tree for the galarian birds; The Terrible Titans....Lurking Locked Away! = the regi quest. They CAme From The Ultra Beyond! = something with ultra space (I still suspect this is the cosmog line related than ultra beasts as a whole). The Sacred Bonds of Soveriegn & Steed! is the finale involving Calyrex

Basically 2 new Pokemon, codenamed "Black Horse" and "White Horse" , and they can combine with Calyrex in some manner. These are almost certainly the "Steed" referred to in the title card above.

Side note, since only one can fuse with them at a time, and "Steed" seems to be singular, I would not be surprised if these were version exclusive.

The Crusade theorizes they might be based on Scinfaxi and Hrimfaxi

Since this tweet, they've figured out some other assorted things because while they lack ful lfunctionality we have enough to go off on:
  • Reveal Glass seems unchanged but the Zygarde Cube seems to let you change both form and ability now. The ability to give it moves either isnt present or not implemented yet; I suspect the moves will just be rolled into the moveset though.
  • 1590 & 1591 function like the DNA Splicers. One item will combine Calyrex/steed and the other will decombine them.
  • 1592 is Slowbro-G's evolution item.
  • 1604 they...accidentally gave out during a raid distribution and it crashed the game. Big oof there. It's the CT equilvanet of Armorite Ore.
  • 1606 is an item that switches a Pokemon's ability to their Hidden ability. Note that at this time, it appears to be a one-way trip. You can only switch to a HA, you cannot go back.

These are the Pokemon returning in Crown Tundra. This matches a leak that dropped just before IoA came out and got all its pokemon right (Except no Magearna, weirdly), too.

Some NPC models. The village chief and wahat seem to be villager npcs, combined with the cabins we saw in earlier trailers, is what makes me think "MINSHUKU" is a village area.

Matt found that they left a barebones map in the game which, combined with the left over fly encounters, lets us do this and figure out where they all go

Other misc findings:
  • Place holders for 8 new battle tracks
  • Peony's set to join our Raid Battles like Avery/Klara as well as "SYAKUYA", who we think is probably Peony's daughter
  • Dynamax Adventures will be where the Ultra Beasts show up with all the other Legendary pokemon.
  • Pokemon can follow you in the Tundra after a certain point, just like the IoA
  • There's 27 "DREAMMATCH" listings in the trainder data. We don't know what these are.
  • The opponents for the Stars Tournament are....all the same people as the normal tournament. Even the rando NPCs. Avery, Klara, etc aren't part of these. These listings are separate from the DREAMMATCHES above
  • You apparently battle Peony twice during the DLC and there's a battle with Marnie at some point. We know there's a battle with ADVENTURERF but she's not in the hashtables yet.

Is there anything regarding new G-Maxs for old or new Pokemon? I asked about Calyrex/the Steeds, but Regigigas seems perfect for getting one (could be the form where it drags continents in)? G-Max Melmetal still hasn't been revealed yet, so could it make a surprise appearance here?

Interesting that the Swords of Justice have their own side quest. Here’s hope that Keldeo will be catchable within the Crown Tundra, and it will be actually legal in VGC and BSS. However considering Deoxys and Magearna were made normally available but still weren’t allowed in the cartridge formats, I don’t have high hopes.

Interesting that the Swords of Justice have their own side quest. Here’s hope that Keldeo will be catchable within the Crown Tundra, and it will be actually legal in VGC and BSS. However considering Deoxys and Magearna were made normally available but still weren’t allowed in the cartridge formats, I don’t have high hopes.
This is a way for people who weren't able to transfer them from Home to be able to obtain them, meaning that I think the third time, a mythical will be catchable ingame

This is a way for people who weren't able to transfer them from Home to be able to obtain them, meaning that I think the third time, a mythical will be catchable ingame
I know, just because Keldeo is catchable without an event does not mean that it will be legal for VGC. This is because it is a mythical Pokémon, and even if a mythical Pokémon can be caught in game, that doesn’t make it legal for VGC. For example Deoxys could not be used in VGC 16 due to being a mythical Pokémon, despite being legit in ORAS. It’s dumb, I know.

I know, just because Keldeo is catchable without an event does not mean that it will be legal for VGC. This is because it is a mythical Pokémon, and even if a mythical Pokémon can be caught in game, that doesn’t make it legal for VGC. For example Deoxys could not be used in VGC 16 due to being a mythical Pokémon, despite being legit in ORAS. It’s dumb, I know.
It makes sense. They haven't allowed mythical Pokémon since VGC 2010

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Where is that Home tutor list from, and what's the point of it anyway? It doesn't have Tsareena with Triple Axel but I doubt sending one to Home would flag her as illegal.

Where is that Home tutor list from, and what's the point of it anyway? It doesn't have Tsareena with Triple Axel but I doubt sending one to Home would flag her as illegal.
Those are leftover data from the "pokedex" section which has learnsets.
Note that it's leftover data. It's not "legal checks". Which is why it's not 100% reliable (as some of the data ended up not matching due to be cut or changed later), but most of it proved to be reliable to give a idea of what each pokemon got.

So going off of the confirmed (or mostly confirmed) above, what will still be missing? Gen 2, 4,5,6 starters for sure. Still have a good amount of regular Pokemon that will be missing. Anyone want to go through the trouble of making a list of the non-Legendary/Mythical that will be absent? :psywoke:

So going off of the confirmed (or mostly confirmed) above, what will still be missing? Gen 2, 4,5,6 starters for sure. Still have a good amount of regular Pokemon that will be missing. Anyone want to go through the trouble of making a list of the non-Legendary/Mythical that will be absent? :psywoke:

Judging on the leak:
we still won't have:
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Ratatta
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Ekans
Arbok
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Mankey
Primeape
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong
Grimer
Muk
Drowzee
Hypno
Voltorb
Electrode
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Sentret
Furret
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Yanma
Murkrow
Misdreavus
Unown
Girafarig
Pineco
Forretress
Gligar
Snubbull
Granbull
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Slugma
Magcargo
Houndour
Houndoom
Phanpy
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Poochyena
Mightyena
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Tailow
Swellow
Surskit
Masquerain
Shroomish
Breloom
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
Makuhita
Hariyama
Nosepass
Skitty
Delcatty
Meditite
Medicham
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Gulpin
Swalot
Numel
Camerupt
Spoink
Grumpig
Spinda
Cacnea
Cacturne
Zangoose
Seviper
Castform
Kecleon
Shuppet
Banette
Tropius
Chimecho
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Luvdisc
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor
Bidoof
Bibarel
Kricketot
Kricketune
Craniados
Rampardos
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Pachirisu
Buizel
Floatzel
Ambipom
Mismagius
Honchkrow
Glameow
Purugly
Chingling
Chatot
Carnivine
Finneon
Lumineon
Yanmega
Gliscor
Probopass
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Patrat
Watchog
Pansage
Simisage
Pansear
Simisear
Panpour
Simipour
Blitzle
Zebstrika
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Ducklett
Swanna
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Alomomola
Tynamo
Eelektrik
Eelektross
Chespin
Quilladin
Chesnaught
Fennekin
Braixen
Delphox
Froakie
Frogadier
Greninja
Scatterbug
Spewpa
Vivillion
Litleo
Pyroar
Flabébé
Floette
Florges
Skiddo
Gogoat
Furfrou
Pikipek
Trumbeak
Toucannon
Yungoos
Gumshoos
Crabrawler
Crabominable
Oricorio
Minior
Komala
Bruxish
(Got a list of unobtainable pokemon and cleared out returning ones, am not gonna link due to it not being affiliated with Smogon)

I'm personally speculating that a lot of the missing mons from the leak will return in some capacity in the Sinnoh remakes. I mean why include all the fossils EXCEPT for the Sinnoh ones? Unless they're dumb and go straight for adapting Diamond and Pearl and ignoring Platinum and adapting DP's embarrassingly bad regional dex in terms of type diversity, I also see things like Probopass and Yanmega being surefire candidates for returning in those games.

Regardless I still want to see how the Hoenn starters are implemented.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There's also the fact that the Sinnoh starters themselves still aren't in, as are several notable Gen 4 Pokemon (Staraptor, looking at you), namely the Gen 4 mythicals who are notably excluded from Sword and Shield despite several other mythical Pokemon making it in.

Also someone made a list pointing out this with potential Sinnoh remakes in mind, here's the image:

Basically the color coding for it is:
Green: In SwSh from the start
Orange: In the Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra
Red: Obtainable in DPP in-game (and therefore would likely be available in the Sinnoh remakes)
Brown: Dual-slot DP (they may still be in the Sinnoh remakes in a form)
Blue: Transferable in SwSh
White: Cut, not in Sinnoh or Galar Dex

If you add in potential Sinnoh remakes into Gen 8 as the next Gen 8 games, everything from Gens 1-4 is covered except the Johto starters and Deoxys: however, the former could easily be obtainable in a Sinnoh remake post-game like ORAS and HGSS did with other starters, same with the Unova and Kalos ones, and there's a Meteorite in Veilstone for Deoxys to forme change so I imagine Deoxys will be available in some capacity in a Sinnoh remake, presumably via event. Meloetta and Hoopa are the only other missing mythicals, which is the only question mark about that.

The rest are all Gen 5 onwards normal Pokemon, and obviously they weren't in DPP since they didn't exist yet back then, but could very well be added as available Pokemon in Sinnoh remakes. Like I could easily see the Flabebe line showing up in Floaroma for example, and stuff like Alomomola and Bruxish showing up in one of the Water routes or something. Each gen they did remakes every Pokemon that was available at the time was basically covered between them and the original paired release (RS, FRLG, and E made all 386 Pokemon at the time available in Gen 3 between each other for example, same with DPP and HGSS, and later XY and ORAS). Meaning that if/when the Sinnoh remakes happen (and I would love to revisit Sinnoh again, for one), they would essentially cover the rest of the missing Pokemon that are still not in as of Crown Tundra. Just a thought.

There's also the fact that the Sinnoh starters themselves still aren't in, as are several notable Gen 4 Pokemon (Staraptor, looking at you), namely the Gen 4 mythicals who are notably excluded from Sword and Shield despite several other mythical Pokemon making it in.

Also someone made a list pointing out this with potential Sinnoh remakes in mind, here's the image:

Basically the color coding for it is:
Green: In SwSh from the start
Orange: In the Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra
Red: Obtainable in DPP in-game (and therefore would likely be available in the Sinnoh remakes)
Brown: Dual-slot DP (they may still be in the Sinnoh remakes in a form)
Blue: Transferable in SwSh
White: Cut, not in Sinnoh or Galar Dex

If you add in potential Sinnoh remakes into Gen 8 as the next Gen 8 games, everything from Gens 1-4 is covered except the Johto starters and Deoxys: however, the former could easily be obtainable in a Sinnoh remake post-game like ORAS and HGSS did with other starters, same with the Unova and Kalos ones, and there's a Meteorite in Veilstone for Deoxys to forme change so I imagine Deoxys will be available in some capacity in a Sinnoh remake, presumably via event. Meloetta and Hoopa are the only other missing mythicals, which is the only question mark about that.

The rest are all Gen 5 onwards normal Pokemon, and obviously they weren't in DPP since they didn't exist yet back then, but could very well be added as available Pokemon in Sinnoh remakes. Like I could easily see the Flabebe line showing up in Floaroma for example, and stuff like Alomomola and Bruxish showing up in one of the Water routes or something. Each gen they did remakes every Pokemon that was available at the time was basically covered between them and the original paired release (RS, FRLG, and E made all 386 Pokemon at the time available in Gen 3 between each other for example, same with DPP and HGSS, and later XY and ORAS). Meaning that if/when the Sinnoh remakes happen (and I would love to revisit Sinnoh again, for one), they would essentially cover the rest of the missing Pokemon that are still not in as of Crown Tundra. Just a thought.
I feel like they are setting up for D/P remakes. They can finish the dex and release a relatively low effort remake to make the fans happy.

Then again this is Gamefreak so it wouldn't surprise me if they did exactly not that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)