SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

If Rillaboom is correct, I seriously think I just reconsidered from Sobble to Grookey lol

Gigantax forms look legit (Machamp and Garbador especially). I know Lapras matches the Affleck leak with the musical bars but I wonder if it could've been drawn to match it (but then again Affleck has proven almost 100% accurate so far).

I love the anaconda lol

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Looks like turns into a Japanese Spider Crab, except keeps one big claw. Like the beard and detail given to the claw.

Why are its hands made of magma? Aside from that just a bigger Machamp, wish they did something more with the belt though the clouds circling around it is cute.

I like the idea, but the execution needs work. The toys are a bit too big, doesn't give the feeling that it grew in size. There should be smaller and throw in a lot more garbage in there, and more than just toys (though the Clefairy Doll and Substitute Doll is a cute inclusion). Broken umbrella's, cardboard boxes, toilet paper rolls, busted TVs, flat tires, etc.. Heck, since it's supposed to be huge maybe have in some garbage bins and dumpsters. Also, once again, without the toys it's just a big Garbodor, didn't even do anything creative with the three clouds.

sure
CALLED IT!

I called the Starters were all going to be mono Type!

Now we need Gigantamax Vanilluxe and we have Gigantamax "Easy Hate Target Gen V Pokémon duo"
Wouldn't object to a Gigantamax Vanilluxe but not because I hate it, infact I could see it being more imaginative than just being a bigger Vanilluxe with some changes here and there.

These Gigantamax forms look even lazier than the worse Mega/Sinnoh cross-gen evo designs lmao.
Some do, some don't. Its a mixed bag of which ones they decided to give a lot of detail and changes to and which ones they got lazy with and leaned heavily on the "being bigger in the main feature so only need to make a slight change".[/hide]

Kind of looks a bit like Darkside from the Kingdom Hearts series.

First Four Arms x Heatblast, now Chromastone. Gamefreak, you planning on releasing Ripjaws the Pokemon soon?
Though truth be told some of the Ben 10 aliens would look awesome as Pokemon.

Hmm, and what is this? It's G-Max move also causes Confusion just like Meowth's? So not all G-Max moves are unique and some do share effects (if not completely than partially). Well this is just the news I needed...

DrPumpkinz Oh good you're here on this thread! Look, I guess all G-Max moves don't need to be unique afterall.

Simple but I like it! :D Granted it now looks super humanoid with just a rabbit's face, but I'd take it over Intelleon's take on a humanoid design.

Allegedly the leaker is taking purposefully bad shots so as to stay out of trouble and preserve the mystery at least a bit? Dumb logic, but whatever I guess. Point is, don’t expect better screenshots unfortunately
They already leaked some major stuff like new Pokemon, Gigantamax, and the Starter's final evos; I think trying to be obscure to stay out of trouble is no longer an option. If GF/Nintendo find you they will give you a subpoena.

Though I guess this would also explain why we haven't seen other pictures like of human characters and locations.

Musical notes floating around it like the original leak said.

No, it's great to see a Gen V Pokémon get a new forme (you don't count, Audino), but the cherry on top is that it's Garbodor, one of the most unpopular Pokémon overall, actually getting some love in the game.
I agree. I'd also say that in TCG Garbodor and Malamar are very popular and useful. Maybe, that's why GF wanted to give them a special form.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong, that's not a Malamar at all. But it reminds me somehow of it. Lol

I've wanted another Bug/Fire type for a while now, preferably an early game one. I like this thing already, with its X-pattern of fire on its face and peculiar body structure. I just hope its stats are good.
This thing looks like and very offensive. Maybe, it even has a decent physical bulk. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a physical version of Fire/Bug to distinguish itself from Volcarona.
Other than that, I'm quite surprised at the amount of Pkm that got a gigamax form and that we haven't seen before. This makes me feel more confident about the amount of new Pkm. Seems like GF kept their word.

Non-weather conditional Aurora Veil that deals damage, if that's what that is, seems VERY powerful. I'll be shocked if that isn't top tier competitive.
Are we sure it's like Aurora Veil? Couldn't it just be like Filter, but not restricted to weakness? I mean the g-move is quite powerful on its own, and you could stack it with Aurora Veil. Either way, looks like gigamax Lapras and Machamp are the Pkm Lorelei and Bruno always wanted. Imagine fighting that in Kanto... Machamp will be pretty terryfing with an attack boost and so much bulk.

To be honest, I thought it was a head of a dog covered in snake coat or whatever you call it.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Wew boy, there's a lot to unpack here.

Cinderace: I like it. Very interesting all the starters are monotype this time around. I still prefer Rillaboom tho. GROOKEY GANG SUPREME

Gigantamax forms: I like them all. Especially Garbodor, really surprising but cool choice. I also really like how unlike Megas they're giving LOTS of gen 8 mons Gigantamax forms.

Centiskorch: Looks unconventional but cool. Hoping it's a more physically based Bug/Fire to contrast with Volcarona.

"The Blur": This guy is straight-up Darkside. Seems neat, hopefully we get a not ass quality photo sometime soon.

Hatterene: It's ok I guess, but why do I get this feeling it's gonna have a really creepy Pokedex entry?

Apple worm: Too low-quality and not enough view of base form to comment.

Silicobra/Sandaconda: Thanks, I hate it.

Also, IS IT SERIOUSLY POSSIBLE NO GALARIAN FORMS HAVE BEEN LEAKED ASIDE FROM MEOWTH? This D I S P L E A S E S the regional variant fanboy in me

Last edited:
Grookey3 really surprised me, i thought theres no way they could pull of a gorrila without looking too bulky like chesnaught but they did it pretty well

I overreacted when i saw intelleon but now that i look at it its fine honestly, its a little tooo skinny still but hopefully with animations itll look better

Im not gonna comment on scorbunny 3 cause it looks like its a kid in a fursuit so no thanks, its hideous.
Galarian meowth is really weird cause it almost doesnt even look like meowth, which makes me wonder why didnt they just make it a new pokemon rather than call it galarian meowth

Anyways, anyone else not a fan of the new designs so far? None of the new mons besides Centiskorch, Hatterene, Corvnight and Eldegoss (yes eldegoss, i have a soft spot for whimsicott) look particularly interesting. Even grookey3 disappointed me cause of the mono grass typing which is very boring

I dont hate the new designs, but they just look.. okay at best i feel

This is very unlike sun and moon where i was a huge fan of the designs of literally almost every new pokemon revealed

At least i hope the galarian forms are exciting, need to see some non-kanto galarian forms please

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Grookey3 really surprised me, i thought theres no way they could pull of a gorrila without looking too bulky like chesnaught but they did it pretty well

I overreacted when i saw intelleon but now that i look at it its fine honestly, its a little tooo skinny still but hopefully with animations itll look better

Im not gonna comment on scorbunny 3 cause it looks like its a kid in a fursuit so no thanks, its hideous.
Galarian meowth is really weird cause it almost doesnt even look like meowth, which makes me wonder why didnt they just make it a new pokemon rather than call it galarian meowth

Anyways, anyone else still not really impressed so far? None of the new mons besides Centiskorch, Hatterene, Corvnight and Eldegoss (yes eldegoss, i have a soft spot for whimsicott) look particularly interesting. Even grookey3 disappointed me cause of the mono grass typing which is very boring

I dont hate the new designs, but they just look.. okay at best i feel

This is very unlike sun and moon where i was a huge fan of the designs of literally almost every new pokemon revealed

At least i hope the galarian forms are exciting, need to see some non-kanto galarian forms please
I'm inclined to agree honestly. The designs are fine, but I don't think they match up to the majesty of Gen 7, not yet anyways. Then again, maybe they just need some more time to grow on me; even my all-time favorite Drampa took a while to do so. And there are definitely some ones I already like a lot including Rillaboom, Centiskorch and Alcremie.

This doesn't apply to Galarian forms and evolutions though. Every single one of the ones we've seen so far has been top-tier to me, easily on par with the Gen 7 roster if not greater. Sirfetch'd, Obstagoon, Ponyta, even Galarian Meowth and its evo are weird enough to stand out, with the base form being strangely cute.

So to "compensate" that Gen VII was the first odd generation to not add a snake mon, Gen VIII becomes the first even generation to add one.

It's adorable. And Sandaconda includes one of the better-known reptiles I was puzzled they didn't have a Pokémon equivalent yet. Now, it's time for the iguana...

Also, Scorbunny's final evo might not be the football player many of us wanted, but it's not too far from that idea.

Last edited:
Hmm, and what is this? It's G-Max move also causes Confusion just like Meowth's? So not all G-Max moves are unique and some do share effects (if not completely than partially). Well this is just the news I needed...
Splitting hairs: Meowth’s also adds Pay Day on top of it, and it’s a DLC kind of thing... but it does look like there may be some overlap, yes. Now we just need to see if any other G-Max moves also share effects.
Edit: lemme go a step further: It would be actually be fine if Pikachu and Eevee’s G-Max Move effects were reused because that means you don’t have to get the Let’s Go games to be able to have access to those effects. (just like how another ‘mon having G-Max Confuse Ray means you aren’t SoL if you don’t purchase before Jan. 15th) Plus odds are Meowth, Pikachu, and Eevee are the only NFE Gigamax ‘mons so it would also mean you don’t have to run NFE ‘mons if you really want the effect. It wouldn’t be as much a good thing if other ‘mons share G-Max effects though. (i.e. if lapras and another ice, or maybe even psychic, ‘mon had G-Max Aurora Veil)

Also keep in mind that we’re just seeing still images of all the ‘mons and said still images may look real awkward folks. Some of these ‘mons may look better in-game when they’re moving around.

Last edited:
Also, Scorbunny's final evo might not be the football player many of us wanted, but it's not too far from that idea.
It seems to be based off a marathon runner, at least. And hares do run fast, so there's that connection going.
Intellion's design is growing on me a tiny bit, going from mittens to latex gloves and the whole spy shtick will probably look better once animated.
Rillaboom is alright, I guess. Again, it will definitely look better once animations give it some much needed personality.

Not really a fan of the "all humanoid starter pack", hopefully they'll redeem themselves via BST and possibly HA.
Fire centipede and Gigantamax-Rolycoly3(?) look fantastic and will definitely be part of my in-game (possibly comp.) team.

Well, so much for not looking at leaks... was hoping that when it leaked the whole thing would come out relatively quickly so that I could selectively look up starter info and version exclusives and try to avoid looking at too much of the rest, but if the leaks are just going to drip out I just know I'm going to end up looking at it all :P

I don't mind Rillaboom and Intelleon's designs, though Cinderace looks a bit too 80s anime for my liking. The real disappointment is monotype; it's just so uninspiring and boring to me that I might actually box the starter this gen. (I suppose there's an outside chance Intelleon is water/electric). Still leaning toward Sobble since I like Intelleon's design most, but I find mono-grass a bit more palatable, so maybe I'll ultimately go Grookey. Rillaboom's design did turn out a lot better than I was expecting.

For the other leaked mons, I definitely like Centiskorch and am interested in Hatterene's type. G-Meowth is great, not sure about its evo. Don't care too much for the purple thing, but if it's really electric/poison I am definitely interested in seeing what it evolves into.

Now if they could just leak some ghosts!

Running with the idea that the Gigantamax list is in alphabetical order, this kills a ton of Pokemon for Gigantamaxes lol, to the point that it’s not worth bothering listing them all since it kills all Pokemon from H through the early Ks
One notable mon in that range that it seems is ruled out is Hydreigon. I guess GF decided it looks kaiju enough that it doesn't need a gigantamax form :P

We know it has exactly two weaknesses and one is electric, which I think rules out every dual type combination except water/flying.
Ah, I didn't see the tiny hint of yellow on the image before. While I think pure water is definitely the most likely option, I guess those frills on Intelleon's back could be wings and grant it flying, but I won't hold my breath on that...

Even if Intelleon is pure water, if the coloring on Sobble2 is its shiny somehow and that carries over to Intelleon, I like that color scheme quite a bit, so maybe I'll try a few times to shiny hunt it and if I get it it can stay on the final team.

One more thought on gigantamaxing: unless the starters are placed out of alphabetical order (e.g., placed at the front of the list to highlight them), the Hatterene to Kingler page would rule out a gigantamax form for Intelleon, and presumably the rest of the starters too. It seems there's a fair chance for special treatment with respect to list order, though, so we'll see.

Last edited:
One more thought on gigantamaxing: unless the starters are placed out of alphabetical order (e.g., placed at the front of the list to highlight them), the Hatterene to Kingler page would rule out a gigantamax form for Intelleon, and presumably the rest of the starters too. It seems there's a fair chance for special treatment with respect to list order, though, so we'll see.
Either it's alphabetical or it's by 'dex number... but if it's by dex number then it seems to be some kind of coincidence that it looks alphabetical which seems unlikely.

Honestly, I find almost all of these new designs to be ugly as hell. The starters are blatant furrybait (especially Intelleon; look how they massacred my boy), and most of the rest feel like they came from a mediocre Pokemon Essentials fangame. The few exceptions are the Sandaconda line, the mustache fox, and the poison dinosaur thing.
Also, people are saying this thing

This pic just sucks so hopefully we can do better.
is the evil legendary. I disagree; I think it's these guys that were glimpsed in one of the trailers (or their Gigantimax form):

Last edited:

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Here we go... (incoming negativity ahead)

Sonic OC: Is this some sort of joke? Well I guess I need to apologize to Incelleon as it's somehow not the worst starter design. This is a straight up sonic oc from some sick fuck's deviantart account. I refuse to call it a Pokémon. Guess I'm going on #TeamAlcremie for starter, or picking the ape but considering ditching as it's ugly as sin. I don't care about the monotype, all I wanted for them was to not look like furry webcomic stuff.

Giga Kingler: I don't know if I like its design or if I'm just happy for Kingler getting some love but I like it. I wonder which is its weak spot for massive damage...

Giga Machamp: Bleh.

Giga Garbodor: Meh, it's alright. The amount of genwunners pissed is golden tho, so I command for that.

Centiskorch: A fire centipede? I APPLAUD IT FOR BEING DIFFERENT!!! IT BROKE NEW GROUND!!! Seriously, please Level-5, sue these fucking hacks for plagiarism.

Giga maybe Rolycoly evo: Disappointed it isn't a locomotive but looks better than almost everything.

Radian the Multidimensional Kaiju aka prob Eternatus: Just stop with these Monster Rancher rejects, they're so embarassing...

The red snake-like thing: Looks interesting, albeit too blurry for a final verdict.

Hatterene: I was discussing it with RODAN yesterday in Discord and we both agreed that it's outright disgusting. It looks like a semen floating in a gelatinous oversized sex toy and aside its gruesomeness it's really confusing. I don't know if I despise it as much as the sonic oc but Jesus Christ, I hate it. I almostwant to call it the Shiinotic of Gen 8 but there's always ground in the rock bottom to dig even deeper.

Giga Lapras: It's alright. No strong opinion.

Silicobra (this name is awful) and Sandaconda: Of all the damn design to rip off from Pokémon Sage they should at least have stolen the Fire starter or the Psychic wildebeest, not the mediocre snake. May use it tho. The pre-evo looks like something I'd vomit but Sandaconda is interesting.

I can't say I'm disappointed because the horridness of (U)SM traumatized me so much that from the moment I discovered Ohmori was directing the game I had negative expectations. What comes is profit I thought, although in some cases it managed to be worse but I already paid for the game so I guess I'm the dumb one. Fox is great, however.

Here we go... (incoming negativity ahead)Centiskorch: A fire centipede? I APPLAUD IT FOR BEING DIFFERENT!!! IT BROKE NEW GROUND!!! Seriously, please Level-5, sue these fucking hacks for plagiarism.
That Yokai Watch guy is clearly an earwig, not a centipede, look at its name and the pincers on its back end. The only thing related to centipedes about it is that paragraph under the biology section, but reminder that your link is a fan-made wiki and I doubt it is heavily monitored for mistakes(I'm guessing the person who wrote that has never heard of earwigs).

Speaking of the centipede, it's probably my favorite of the leaked Pokemon thus far.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)