SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Wow, the full Pokedex really just leaked, huh? You know what this means... ...get ready for the final dex update soon boys and girls!

Some interesting stuff here. Silvally's available, huh? Weird pick with intriguing story implications but I'm not complaining, he's up there with my boys Kommo-o and Drampa! Time to get on my knees and pray for a buff, I guess. And no other old starters other than the Zard... ...that's gonna lead to some salt.

While I agree this is a fresh change for meta, it's still disappointing regarding the low number of Pokemon. ~600 seems more fair, we need patches/DLCs!

Not counting new mons and assuming no non-mew mythicals
Aerialate: None
Air lock: None
Analytic: None
Anger Point: None
Aura Break: None

Bad Dreams: None
Battle Bond: None
Beast Boost: None
Blaze: Known to have a new mon, but down to Charizard for returning ones.
Bulletproof: Kommo-o

Clear Body: Klinklang
Color Change: None
Comatose: None

Dancer: None
Dark Aura: None
Dazzling: None
Delta Stream: None
Desolate Land: None
Download: None
Drizzle: Pelipper
Drought: Torkoal? Depends on K-ninetales

Electric Surge: None

Filter: Mr. Mime
Flame Body: chandelure? Depends on what happens to K-ponyta
Flower Veil: None
Forewarn: Musharna
Friend Guard: Clefairy
Full Metal Body: None
Fur Coat: None? Depends on A-persian

Gale Wings: None
Galvanize: None
Grass Pelt: None
Grassy Surge: None

Harvest: Trevanent
Healer: Aromatisse
Heavy Metal: Known to have a new mon, but down to Bronzong for returning ones
Huge Power: Diggersby

Illuminate: Lanturn
Illusion: None

Light Metal: Known to have a new mon, but has no returning ones
Liquid Ooze: None
Liquid Voice: None
Long Reach: None

Magician: None
Magma Armor: None
Magnet Pull: None
Mega Launcher: None
Marvel Scale: Milotic
Misty Surge: None
Motor Drive: None
Multiscale: None
Multitype: None
Mummy: None? Depends on U- yamask

Neuroforce: None
Normalize: None

Overgrow: Known to have a new mon, but has no returning ones

Parental Bond: None
Pixilate: Sylveon
Poison Heal: None
Power Construct: None
Power of Alchemy: None
Primordial Sea: None
Prism Armor: None
Protean: None
Psychic Surge: None
Pure Power: None

Refrigerate: None
Rough Skin: None

Sand Rush: Excadrill
Scrappy: Pangoro
Serene Grace: Togekiss
Shadow Shield: None
Shields Down: None
Simple: Swoobat
Slow Start: None
Slush Rush: Beartic
Snow Warning Abomasnow? depends on what happens to A-ninetales
Solid Rock: Rhyperior
Soul-Heart: None
Speed Boost: Ninjask
Stakeout: None
Strong Jaw: Known to have a new mon, but has no returning ones
Surge Surfer: None? Depends on A-raichu
Symbiosis: Oranguru

Tangled Feet: None
Teravolt: None
Torrent: Known to have a new mon, but has no returning ones
Tough Claws: Barbaracle
Toxic Boost: None
Trace: Gardevoir
Triage: None
TurboBlaze: None
Truant: Durant

Victory Star: None

Water Compaction: None
Wimp Out: None
Wonder Skin: Sigilyph

Zen Mode: None? depends on U-darmanitan

I could finally see Haxorus being good again instead of always being overshadowed by Garchomp and Salamence. It has the highest Attack of any Dragon type and has access to both Swords Dance and Dragon Dance. Mold Breaker allows it to bypass Disguise and Unaware making it a solid contender for a Wall Breaker. It’s also the second fastest Dragon Dance user, only being beaten by Flygon.

Speaking of Flygon, I’m unsure on how good it will be. It has the Ground/Dragon typing, but it’s attack stat it’s quite underwhelming. No Garchomp is wonders for it though.

Sorry to open another can of worms, but is it known whether all moves made the transition? Granted, few would notice if obscure moves such as Mud Sport, Rototiller, or Gear Up were removed, but knowing they weren't there would make the game feel a little less substantial.
With Smeargle gone, I would assume they've cut moves that can't legally be learned by anything. A list would be interesting, actually.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone confirmed how dynamax/giganimax works? Is it like megas or z moves where the pokemon has to hold an item to do it? This has huge implications for competitive

I'd like to understand exactly why 400 is a low number. We've had several generations with less than that. Sure, it's been a while, but other than the lower metagames, how many of the 800+ Pokémon were really viable? I'd rather have a balanced metagame with 400 mon than a bloated one full of fillers.

That said, every game since GS has an expanded post-game Dex, so i wouldn't be surprised if the 600+ becomes kinda true.

I'd like to understand exactly why 400 is a low number. We've had several generations with less than that. Sure, it's been a while, but other than the lower metagames, how many of the 800+ Pokémon were really viable? I'd rather have a balanced metagame with 400 mon than a bloated one full of fillers.

That said, every game since GS has an expanded post-game Dex, so i wouldn't be surprised if the 600+ becomes kinda true.
"632"

I am thrilled for a game with a limited dex. It'll be nice to see some Pokémon perform better with the limited roster. What does worry me a little is how exp-farming is going to work in these games without Chansey and Audino.
Competitively speaking, I'm really happy for the smaller Dex. Hope they keep building different limited Dexes, so we can have really varied formats in the years to come.

Has anyone confirmed how dynamax/giganimax works? Is it like megas or z moves where the pokemon has to hold an item to do it? This has huge implications for competitive
They confirmed in interviews that there is no item needed, mons can hold an item and still dmax/gmax. You do not need to designate which mon is your maxer, you can decide on the fly.

======

On a less competitive note, since we have visuals of all the new mons bar their gigantamax forms (and any other secret form changes?) and supposed (though not confirmed) lists of their typings, we can get a pretty good idea of what our in-game teams might look like.

What is everyone thinking so far?

Currently, it's looking like I will aim for an endgame team of Intelleon, Grapploct, Corviknight, G-Weezing, Frosmoth, and Dragapult.

Along the way I will certainly try out Cursola, Runerigus, and probably also Aegislash in rotation for Dragapult's slot since it 's likely to be late game, and I might try Centiskorch for Frosmoth's slot.

In 7th gen OU there are around 100 Pokemon with viable niches. Then you need to consider the fun of casual gimmicks. Cutting Pokemon does not make a metagame better. Advance OU only had 27 Pokemon in it so I guess we can look forward to a nice boring centralized meta full of the same two dozen mons trying to avoid getting swept by a Dynamax. Gen 8 looks like garbage.

You also talk as though OU is the only way to play. UU and probably RU will make a return but most likely Ubers, NU, and PU are all dead this gen.

You mean... a national dex?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)