SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Right, I misspoke. Runerigus wouldn't be able to make physical contact with the Pokemon it swapped abilities with. Given it's stats are more inclined to being a physical attacker, that in itself works against it's ability. If it was more specially inclined like Cofagrigus, that would probably work better for it.
What is Protective Pads?

What are you thoughts on Dragapult and Hatterene base stats?

I think Dragapult is way too fast, if it doesn't swords dance I don't see how it's better than Hydreigon.

Hatterene looks really solid, as long as it learns Trick Room (remember tapu lele?) it's one of the best standalone mons we've got so far this gen imo

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just because it has a better Attack stat doesn't mean it has to be a physical attacker (not that it's physical is really that great either). With its great defense it can just be used as a wall and effect applier just like how Cofagrigus is used mostly.
Or better, it can use this way to keep it's ability when it needs it. Unlike Mummy where everybody just gets Mummy, it can receive something that wouldn't really help it either.
Even if it is a wall it still will be using physical attacks

Can't wait to see Zacian and Zamazenta movepools.
Zamazanta would love Will-o-Wisp and recovery, but that would be too much really.
Zacian would love stats up moves like Swords Dance.

I'm surprised by Zamazanta's movepool when you catch it.
No signature move is surprising really.

The signature move is almost certainly Crowned form exclusive, so it'll probably work like Necrozma and try to teach the move when you equip the item.

Won't be at all surprised if they follow in the footsteps of gen 7 and have all three signature moves have the same effect of double damage to Dynamaxed targets.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It looks like Frosmoth is the Ice-type Pokémon we've all been asking for. Okay, it isn't in a three-stage family, but it appears to have both decent Speed, decent Sp.Atk, decent Ice-type moves (Ice Beam and Blizzard are great moves, they've just lacked good users forever), and most importantly, a non-ass coverage movepool. With Dazzling Gleam and Bug Buzz it already has coverage moves of two different types (bar Normal) with a base power of 80 or more, which is practically unheard of for Ice-types with a SpA over 100. It also has boosting moves. This can actually turn out quite good.

Also, another "screw you very very much" to Game Freak and their localization team for not allowing the games to be played in Metric. Like Gen 7 Talonflame said, it infuriates me that Grimmsnarl is 4'11'', because I have no concept of what that means. There's only one country out there that has not passed a Metrication act, and it's Liberia. Why can't they see that those meaningless apostrophes make no sense to almost the entire world?

Y'know, i have been so caught up in what pokemon are and aren't going to be in the Galar meta, i hadn't really considered that the NatDex meta will still be greatly affected by the removal of megas and z-moves and addition of dynamax.
It will also be interesting to see where pokemon in the galar dex end up with an advantage over those who aren't, because they get access to new moves while the outsiders don't.

It looks like Frosmoth is the Ice-type Pokémon we've all been asking for. Okay, it isn't in a three-stage family, but it appears to have both decent Speed, decent Sp.Atk, decent Ice-type moves (Ice Beam and Blizzard are great moves, they've just lacked good users forever), and most importantly, a non-ass coverage movepool. With Dazzling Gleam and Bug Buzz it already has coverage moves of two different types (bar Normal) with a base power of 80 or more, which is practically unheard of for Ice-types with a SpA over 100. It also has boosting moves. This can actually turn out quite good.

Also, another "screw you very very much" to Game Freak and their localization team for not allowing the games to be played in Metric. Like Gen 7 Talonflame said, it infuriates me that Grimmsnarl is 4'11'', because I have no concept of what that means. There's only one country out there that has not passed a Metrication act, and it's Liberia. Why can't they see that those meaningless apostrophes make no sense to almost the entire world?
Hold on, let me grab my calc (as idk what that number means either).
Hmm, it says... 5.9944 metre.

X'Y'' is X Feet, and Y inches. Off the top of my head, 4'11'' is ~1.5m.
The UK is wierd. We are metric, but still randomly use miles, and feet and inches sometimes.

Me one day ago: My Zacian will destroy Eternatus lol.

Eternatus today: Not so fast. FLAMEEEETHROOOWEEEEER.

At least, I only have to tank 15 Flamethrowers xP

New leak thread is up focusing on Battle Tower.

ball guy gives dream ball in wyndom stadium

dream ball better on sleeping pokemon

The following are Battle Tower Team Stats. Something about all 31 IVs.

Five Teams.

Last edited:
New leak thread is up focusing on Battle Tower.

ball guy gives dream ball in wyndom stadium

dream ball better on sleeping pokemon

The following are Battle Tower Team Stats. Something about all 31 IVs.

Five Teams.
I cant see shit D:

That's weird. It's showing up just fine on my computer. And I'm constantly refreshing the page as well to make sure.
Aint working on my end either.

also: Dynamax Candy huh. Looks like I was wrong and all dynamax levels do is increase the percentage of HP increase when you transform. I wonder if it’s possible to get a Gigamax via Candy then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)