SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Do we have a preliminary list of Technical Records, and how they are obtained? (I assume they cost BP)

(Also, a list of TMs. Scald is now a TR so that list has also changed)
TRs do not cost Battle Points. They are obtained with Watts, a currency specific to Wild Area stuff from what we know

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
In a tweet from someone at Game Freak (maybe Masuda, but I don't recall), they keep the original nature and just change the stats modified. Example, your Hydreigon will still be listed as Sassy, but after eating a Timid Mint it has the +Spe -Atk effect on its stats.
Does that affect the highlighting on the stats screen?

In other words, are all of the battle tower rentals actually neutral natured or have they been minted to be useful natured?

why do they keep making cover legends weak to ground type...

does GF have some type of groudon fetish??
This is only the sixth and seventh time there's a Ground-weak cover legend (Dialga, Zekrom, Reshiram, Primal Groudon itself, Dusk Mane Necrozma, and now these two ugly things)

This is only the sixth time there's a Ground-weak cover legend (Dialga, Zekrom, Reshiram, Primal Groudon itself, Dusk Mane Necrozma, and now these two ugly things)
Solgaleo too, although it kinda belongs in the same grouping as Necrozma-DM.

Don't forget Eternatus is also weak to Ground. So that's nine of them. That's quite a lot.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay so commenting on Dragapult, I think that's a really, really cool stat spread for our new pseudo legendary. It's hella fast, has Clear Body as an ability which makes it immune to both Intimidate AND potentially Sticky Web which is HELLA good for a Dragon Dance sweeper, plus solid Attack and a very strong type combo. Dragon Darts is a super good signature move and is essentially a 100 BP STAB, stronger than Dragon Claw and lacks the lock-in drawback of Outrage, and hits twice meaning Dragapult is a great Substitute breaker. Not sure what physical Ghost STAB it will have, but Phantom Force is decently usable and if it gets something strong and reliable that may be even better. Perhaps a special set with Draco Meteor and Shadow Ball miiiight be usable depending on if it gets something good there, with its high Speed giving it something distinct to stand out from Hydreigon and Goodra (former's a nuke/wallbreaker, the latter is a tank so they function a lot differently)

My only concern though is its potential coverage. I hope it gets access to strong coverage moves to cover potential answers such as Bisharp and other Steel-types. I hope it learns something like Earthquake or Superpower to serve as a coverage move, because I think if it lacks coverage that may be something that brings it down. It's a pseudo-legendary, and the past ones have had relatively wide movepools so I hope Dragapult is granted some great coverage moves to help it. Other than that though, Dragapult looks super promising and a great pseudo legendary, both battle wise and design wise! Can't wait to use it.

On the flipside though, from an in-game point of view it has to reach Level 60 to fully evolve. That is the highest we've seen since Hydreigon. I don't know what level Dreepy needs to reach to evolve into Drakloak, but Level 60 for Dragapult is ridiculously high. Hoo boy, this thing is gonna need a good long grinding to evolve, another Hydreigon situation. (though I guess I don't know what's more painful, stupidly high evo level like Dragapult/Hydreigon, or a Goodra situation where it needs to be raining in the overworld and Level 50 minimum to evolve haha).

Someone calc the stats of Ghost Corsola and its evo when they come out please.

Also Galorian Stunfisk if/when that comes out! <3

Do we know if Falinks's No Retreat move can be used multiple times? And if it makes it immune to Roar or Whirlwind?

Because if it can, it could make for a noob killer moveset a la early-BW Bulk Up Conkeldurr:

Falinks @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
(+Atk, -SpA) Nature
- Substitute
- No Retreat
- Leech Life
- ???

Cannot be critted, cannot be statused, and if it can get multiple boosts then Leech Life would eventually break through resists and recover all damage taken from Substitute

Also, while Dragapult is already threatening for singles, it's fairly well designed for doubles as well as it's immune to Intimidate (unless it gets an ability swap) and speed control not called Trick Room and Tailwind.

Tried my hand at calcing base stat ranges for Low Key Toxtricity based on the screen posted. I didn't account for EVs in this range.

Toxtricity Low Key Form:
HP: 61-76
Atk: 91-106
Def: 59-75
SpAtk: 107-123
SpDef: 64-80
Spd: 74-90

Sort of curious about Amped Form. Ability doesn't seem to mention form change so...

Mentioned in the official news thread, but since it hasn't been leaked before the reveal, worth noting here: XP candies can give a fixed amount of XP to make levelling easier; Protein etc are no longer limited to 100 EVs; egg moves can now be passed on by the same species.
Wasn't Egg moves getting passed onto offsprings already possible a long time ago? I remember doing that all the time while breeding for stuff like Popplio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)