SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Do you mean remove the “One Dynamax/Gigantamax per game” rule? I don’t see how that would make it far leas broken tbh.
That might be what OP was getting at, but I think disabling items during Max forms would be great for balance (prevents stacking Choice items/LO/maybe weather rocks or terrain extender).

EDIT: Not what OP was getting at.

Do you mean remove the “One Dynamax/Gigantamax per game” rule? I don’t see how that would make it far leas broken tbh.
I'm pretty sure they mean making the item not work. Basically, have Dynamax apply Embargo during its duration. That would probably be reasonably balanced tbh, and I can see that they might do it to eliminate counterintuitive interactions like with Choice items.

The endure the tr is actually pretty good for polteageist. With weak armour and a berry and it’s massive spatk stat it could make a pretty good late game cleaner. It also probably learns nasty plot.

+2 252+ SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 175-207 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

I honestly thought shadow ball would do hell of a lot more lol. Really goes to show how broken pex is

The endure the tr is actually pretty good for polteageist. With weak armour and a berry and it’s massive spatk stat it could make a pretty good late game cleaner. It also probably learns nasty plot.

+2 252+ SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 175-207 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

I honestly thought shadow ball would do hell of a lot more lol. Really goes to show how broken pex is
It isn't broken, you're just using an itemless base 80 move on a special wall.

How do you think that Zacian will handle Eternatus ? It's probably better without its sword for no fire weakness right ?
If it gets Earthquake it should outspeed and get the 2HKO quite easily ?

So that your Pokémon won’t be worthless after using up the Dynamax, unlike Z-Crystal users who remain basically itemless.
Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I was asking what would be the point of dynamaxing if the game won't allow you to use the item equiped. This is an hypothetical, as far as I know, dynamaxing allows you to use your item before, during and after dynamax.

x'DDD

Ok Ok I'll put the full conversation here.

Some pages ago, someone asked if a Pokémon's item will still function while the Pokemon is in Dynamax mode. I answer him "it should, otherwise what would be the point in allowing you to equip items AND dynamax at the same time". That was it x'D

Zacian needs 149 Atk to OHKO Eternatus with EQ after rocks, 178 Atk to OHKO without rocks, or else it's gonna get smacked by Fire Blast

+1 252 Atk Zacian Earthquake (149 Atk) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Eternatus (145 HP 95 Def): 378-446 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
With no boosting item, so that's 149 atk for the Sword form ? I think it will have at least 150 Atk. Otherwise the base form would be probably much stronger even with just 120 Atk

I'm gonna be honest here: I don't see why Natdex formats need to be secondary to reduced formats. When I think of other series run into sequels having a less well-recieved competitive environment compared to earlier entries, there's frequently some fan project that incorporates whatever new content is appreciated into the better base form. I'm not seeing the problem with Smogon becoming the Project M of pokemon, and working with that at least as much, if not more, than the reduced metagame.

Yes, calcs are for Sword Zacian. Base Band Zacian is probably gonna hit harder than Sword Zacian anyway, unless Sword Zacian gets ridiculous Atk. The merits of running Rusted Sword however is access to one of the best typings in the game, which would ease potential setup and checking prowess tremendously.
I can also imagine Rusted Sword/Shield will be immune to Knock Off, a move that will likely become more prominent in Ubers due to the loss of Arceus plates, Griseous Orb for Giratina, Megas, Primals, and Z Crystals.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I know we're just sitting around waiting for more leaks and for the game to finally release, but I don't think this thread is the place to discuss the logistics and importance of National Dex OU. When the thread in the OM or OU subforum gets fully set up, then you can write down your opinions and debate on the legality of Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves. This thread is for leaks of the real game, not for the fan-made "complete" metagame.

I'm gonna be honest here: I don't see why Natdex formats need to be secondary to reduced formats. When I think of other series run into sequels having a less well-recieved competitive environment compared to earlier entries, there's frequently some fan project that incorporates whatever new content is appreciated into the better base form. I'm not seeing the problem with Smogon becoming the Project M of pokemon, and working with that at least as much, if not more, than the reduced metagame.
I thought someone who is able to make decisions around here had stated that Galar Dex would be official unless the Full Nat Dex was more popular. Which seems like the best way to probably go about it, there’s a ton of excitement for the new stuff because it’s new stuff so judging how popular it will or won’t be isn’t really possible now.

Plus if it and most tiering stuff for a nat dex meta is on the backburner a bit then you have some more time to actually have a conversation how to properly implement it because between Megas, Z-Moves, and Dynamaxing/Gigamaxing there’s a lot of stuff that can likely get out of hand balance wise.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I know we're just sitting around waiting for more leaks and for the game to finally release, but I don't think this thread is the place to discuss the logistics and importance of National Dex OU. When the thread in the OM or OU subforum gets fully set up, then you can write down your opinions and debate on the legality of Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves. This thread is for leaks of the real game, not for the fan-made "complete" metagame.
Just want to point out this is pretty much whats going on. Discussions are currently ongoing about what we will do about a "National Dex" type meta. First priority is Galar Dex OU. There are a LOT of issues which need to be worked out for "crashing metas" in this way.

Either way, wait for official news on what those things might be. I would stick to speculation about the Galar Dex OU rather than anything else (oh and for gods sake stop commenting about Aegislash).

Agreed, make a separate thread for it IMO. Sick of seeing it!

Personally cant wait for the game to drop, my first since B/W. I think the smaller format will reduce some of the bloat the series has accrued. I think the QoL changes will make it a lot more accessible for casual players like myself who dont really have time to grind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)