Challenge Pokemon with Status Moves ONLY (Pokemon Black Complete!)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Remember how brutal one stupidly powerful Ghost was? Well this time has four! (and Dusknoir, but I think that was just to give players one easy Pokemon.) Toxic Spikes and Protect made facing four 130+ Special Attack Pokemon easier than it sounds. Gengar was still devistating because I had Abomanow out when he came out, but I was stupid enough to use Leech Seed. My overconfidence payed off when Abomasnow endured the Max Ooze.

I would have posted when I uploaded it, but it came out kind of late in the day and I made it public before writing the description just so it wouldn't be out even later. (I had time for the description an hour or two later.) I also figured it made this thread less spamy if I skipped one post.

The first half of the Dragon rematch wasn't that interesting, but the second half was a perfect example of how Swagger can backfire and how easily I get on a one track mind with plans. I really should have tried Leech Seed or Will-O-Wisp sooner...

CTNC

Black would be going a lot quicker if I didn't reset every time one of my Lillipup endured and took some of Snivy's Exp, but I want to see if I can get the first badge with an in game time of under 50 Hours. With 4 Hours left, I don't think so, but I'm still trying! On a more horrifying note, I wonder how many Attack EVs Snivy has...

In Shield, I've been getting overconfident about what my Pokemon can endure and it finally gets a Pokemon OHKOed.

Something I mentioned in the commentary is I'm insnae enough to let a Youtube comment on one of Gamechamp's videos define who I am. I never want to attack again in any Pokemon game. I don't just want to beat games with Status Moves Only, I want to do as much as I can with it and that includes the Isle of Armor's Restricted Sparring. I hope Unaware Leppa Berry Clefable with Cosmic Power/Substitute/Wish/Recycle is as fun as I think it is! (I know no one in their right mind would try using that, but I'm not in my right mind.)

Pokemon Black is going to be a while, (Although you probably guessed that from how long the breaks between playthroughs have been. :P) partly because I type slow and partly because it's going to be at least a week before I can get one badge. I'm only asking this because I brought up Restricted Sparring, but do you guys think I should try streaming Restricted Sparing until I can upload videos for Black or should I just try to get Black finished first?

CTNC

I'm kind of glad no one said anything about trying Restricted Sparring, because I really want to take a break from video editing/adding captions. Copy/pasting into Youtube takes forever... (But I really shouldn't complain when it was my idea to do it over better ways of adding captions.)

Pokemon Black Update: As long as I KO the Level 10 Patrat once a day, I'm happy, but there have been two annoying times it KOed me. Today, 7 or 8 Critical Hits in one try and she only has 60 PP to attack with. A 1/16 chance was more like 1/5! Last night I got 3 Critical Hits in a row, a 1/4096 chance. If you're giving me those odds, give me a Shiny. I'm not sure why I'm giving updates for something when it's going to take so long to post, but while I am, I might as well show off this beauty I mentioned a few times.

The gray cord is the charger and the red one connects to my laptop to record the audio.

The camera is "missing" because it was used to take this picture, I'm pretty sure the paper really is needed to make it slightly less tilted, and the arts and crafts brick from preschool is for extra stability. It's pretty good for $9, but there's a reason I play on a different DS when not recording.

The commentary for Eternatus is mostly trying to be funny because there's not much to say. The most interesting part is I was actually disappointed when the Legendary Wolves were summoned because Eternatus was doing nothing and Abomasnow's Snow Warning was working.

I'd say the Champion is the grand finale, but we all know there's a few "battles" after it. Leon was the only opponent that took more than one try other than the Grass Gym. (It was because of a Critical Hit against Toxapex and being stupid enough switch Coalossal into Seismitoad letting Charizard destroy me, but still.)

One side effect of adopting Status Moves only as a play style had to do with Smash Bros. My main was Pikachu and my secondary was Lucario... It felt kind of awkward when I realized this after Ultimate came out. (Good news: I like my new main, Mii Brawler)

With how long I took to write the commentary, I'm pretty jealous of Pikachu315111. How do you type well thought out paragraphs in under an hour? I sometimes take 10 minutes before I'm sure I'm happy with a one line post!

I've been taking two days per episode for commentary and I finished Leon's last night, so I'm going to take a weak to two break before the few post game "battles." Also, I want to get back to playing Terraria. Edit: I mean post game only, and not DLC. My team was around Level 85 when DLC came out, so it wouldn't be as good for videos.

Last edited:

CTNC

This is the end of Pokemon Shield. I hope you've enjoyed it.

The hide tab has the "battle" against Shielbert and everything worth saying about it. If you see only the video, that's because there's only the video. There's not much to say about it.

The finale is 5 easy Pokemon, then Zacain tearing me apart. You can skip to 23:00 if you just want to see the best part, which I recommend you do because the first 5 Pokemon do next to nothing.

I was able to win because Corviknight has Pressure and Behemoth Blade only has 5 PP. He'd lost half his HP from one, so I knew no one could endure another. I switched to Abomasnow after a KO then to Corviknight and let him get KOed by the last Behemoth Blade. After that, Rillaboom was able to endure an attack and use Leech Seed.

If things go like they have between challenges, this will be the last post here until 2022. That's why I'm giving myself a goal of Pokemon Black videos by the end of the year and if I say something publicly, I want to be sure I do it because I like to be a man of my word. Also, for those who don't watch the videos and/or just like the fanfiction, there will be fanfiction too just because it's fun to write about a psychotic pacifist. I didn't do it for Shield because I felt like I should write about the games in the order they came out in.

Last edited:

CTNC

I'd post this tomorrow because New Year's Eve is the last possible time before the end of the year and it's only the 30th for me, but that'd mean posting when the far east Time Zones like Japan's are already celebrating the end of 2020. Speaking of, my New Year's resolution is to finally finish this playthrough. :P All I've got left is the Elite 4 Rematch!

I made a 25 Minute video about beating a Level 2 Patrat. I wish I lost to one just to show it off.

The commentary is stuff I've said before, so I'll just quote myself.
To start you need a +Def Nature Snivy with an IV of 30 or 31 in Defense, (1/100 or 1% Chance. If you reset on Lax, which is +Def -SpD, then it’s a 1/133.33... or 0.75% chance.) Preferably with 20 or 21 HP. (20 is an HP IV of 10+ and 21 is 30+) Wait, it gets stupider. You have to then catch some Level 4 Pokemon to take hits because you’re not stalling out 35 PP of Tackle and 5 Struggles with just Snivy and you want them to have 9 Defense, so they can take less damage from N’s Purloin’s Scratch after a Level Up. To get experience you need to find a Level 2 Pokemon with a -Atk Nature and spam Leer. (Finding a Level 2 -Atk Nature Pokemon is an 8/125 chance, which is about 1/15.5 or 6.4%) If it has a -Atk Nature then 15 out of 16 attacks will deal 1 Damage to Snivy, and 1 out of 16 will deal 3. (From now on, I will call the 1/16 chance a “Max Damage Hit” or “Max Hit” for short.) On top of that, Critical Hits have a 1 in 16 chance of happening and deal 4 Damage! (Max Crits deal 6. I’d say the game was being cruel, but honestly, you’re doing this to yourself.) To the rest of your team, Tackle will deal 3 Damage or 4 from a Max Hit, so they’re 6HKOed if there’s no Critical Hits. That said, Critical Hits do 7 Damage and Max Crits deal 9, so expect a few of them to get 5HKOed or even 4HKOed. You have to endure 35 Turns of Tackle then 5 of Struggle for 40 Total, and not counting Max Hits or Critical Hits, you have 48 to 50 Turns depending on Snivy’s HP. Counting Max Hits and Crits, you lose 2 turns when Snivy takes a Max Hit, 3 from a Critical Hit, and 1 or 2 when someone else takes a Critical Hit and you can only lose 8 to 10 turns to luck before you lose. Also, Snivy only gets 12 Exp per Patrat and 13 per Lillipup at Level 5 and needs 44 for Level 6...

Long Story Short, No Potions and No Attacks means you’re playing Pokemon Black Kaizo, complete with traps that can kill you when you think you’ve already won. Honestly, I'm mostly doing it this way because I want to see how long it takes.
The first trainer took 17 in game Hours, Bianca (the first trainer with two Pokemon) took until 37, and the first Gym took until a little over 50. The rest of the game took another 50 Hours. (not counting Post Game) My team plans included whatever Shiny Pokemon I found, but I somehow didn't find any. Considering what's on Routes 1 and 2, that's probably a good thing. Besides, I can't be annoyed by my luck after Shinies in Soul Silver and Shield.

I'll try to post an episode every other day. Next episode is about N and Bianca then the one after that is the first Gym.

I know I promised a Fanfic/non-video commentary with this by the end of the year too, but I've been too worried about the video stuff. Does before Chinese New Year count as a loophole? If I haven't added Fanfic into these posts before then, please yell at me.

Edit: Happy Chinese New Year Eve!

There's no "battles" or training in this part because I don't think there's a good way to explain the stupidity of this challenge in
Waiting at the Pokemon League every day for challengers is boring. No wonder Lance only let in challengers on weekends. There’s only so many times you can play fetch with a potato launcher before you’re able to stop yourself from laughing (For the record, two weeks but it’s still hilarious) and there’s only so long you can ignore Team Rocket’s lawsuit against you. (So far, fifteen minutes not counting the five hours spent on an extremely aggressive passive aggressive response) I think I need a vacation and I’m not just thinking that to avoid the police just in case Team Rocket can get me charged for terrorism in Goldenrod City even though I was terrorizing terrorists that took it over if it even was terrorism. They should focus on their vigilantism charge if they want me arrested. And why aren’t they going after the few hundred people I recruited to take back the city? The fisherman that fed six Magikarp 99 Rare Candies each is way scarier than me.

About the vacation, plane tickets to Unova are kind of cheap and I’d be able to enjoy starting another journey more if it’s on purpose instead of waking up somewhere with no idea of what happened. It wouldn’t be my first bad idea and it might not even be my worst. That time a buffet's desserts had cotton candy and a chocolate fountain may have lead to that dishonor. I should have packed down the cotton candy first... Oh, I should call Professor Elm! He could put in a good word for me to Unova’s Pokemon Professor and I should probably ask for permission because I technically never stopped being his assistant.
Even if I didn’t have a slim hope of a little help, Professor Juniper’s Lab is probably the best place to start a new journey. Where ever a lab is usually is best, even if it’s the other side of the region than the airport I came from. I knocked the classic shave and a haircut knock, leaving out the last knock. It bothered me so much to not finish, but it should let Professor Juniper guess who’s here. The professor opened the door and a Water type with a scallop shell on its belly ran out as soon as the door as cracked open enough. Professor Juniper tried to stop a green Pokemon from escaping too but it slithered around her leg easily. They’re probably two of the starter Pokemon in this region. The professor left the door open, probably hoping the others would return. I don’t think it was a good idea judging by the orange and black Pokemon trotting out behind her back. I asked, “Bad time?” Professor Juniper laughed, “Sorry about that. They can’t wait to meet their new trainers.” I asked if she wanted help rounding them up but she shook her head. “No, it’s about time I let them out anyway.” I nodded. “Cool. Anyway, I believe Professor Elm made an appointment for me. Actually, do you even have appointments? Professor Elm welcomes anyone any time.”

I asked about the professor research before getting to the important stuff, not just to be polite, but because it’s fascinating and what trainer doesn’t love talking about Pokemon? I might become a professor when I retire, or while I’m still Champion. I’ve got to do something to pass the time between challengers and training doesn’t come close to filling all of the hours, speaking of which, the professor frowned at my current idea to pass the time. “I usually don’t give Pokemon to trainers that already have one.” I jokingly did a shifty eye thing for several seconds and asked, “Uhhhhhhhhhhh... What do you mean? I’m not someone that already got a Pokemon from Professor Elm, became Champion, and is asking for another just to see if you’re willing to give one when I’m starting another journey from scratch.” She didn’t look like she was buying it. I offered, “But seriously, I’d be okay doing errands for you when you need them... Actually, feel free to ask even if you say no.” Juniper declined. “No, you don’t have to. Professor Elm told me all about you and everything you do for him. Letting me keep an eye on you is more than enough.” That’s much higher praise than I’d expected! I was thinking Professor Elm would just ask her to bend a rule or two, but then again, I’m weird and scientists love weird things. “Oh. Are you planning on helping him?” Juniper nodded. “I am, but I’m focusing more on my study on how Pokemon affect people.” I noted, “Interesting, it sounds like it’d be easy to gather data for both of those at once. No wonder, you’re working with Professor Elm. I’m not sure how useful I’d be as test subject after going through enough to become Champion, but I’d love to help with your studies too.” Professor Juniper smiled, “Thank you. Call me any time any time for updates.” I nodded. “Thanks, but I think I’d prefer to write a journal. Mind if I wait outside? I think I saw a good spot.”

Professor Juniper, I’d like to say sorry for all the irrelevant stuff. I’ve been thinking of publishing my adventures and figured this would be easier than writing everything in two different ways. Please enjoy the first draft. I hope the editor removes this note.

Editor’s Note: Nope. Not removing it.

Writer’s Note: I need a new editor...

I was just starting to get tired of leaning next to the No Loitering sign when one of the new trainers Professor Juniper told me about finally came right on time. I figured they’d be excited enough to come early, but he looks like the kind of guy that’s always on time. I said, “Hi. I’m here to help with research, for the third Pokemon, and because I was bored. Mostly the last one.”

The guy wondered, “Hello. If you’re here for a Pokemon, why didn’t Professor Juniper didn’t tell me about you?” I admitted, “I’m pretty much a last minute thing. It’s pretty lucky that there’s three Pokemon and she only had two trainers coming. Are you going to help her with her study on how Pokemon affect Trainers?” Judging by his reaction, I don’t think he’d been told about it yet. I let him know it’d be easy. “You could write a journal, but I’m sure all you’d have to do is call Professor Juniper something like at least once a week if you want to help and I’m sure you’d also give her some info that’d help Professor Elm’s study on how Trainers affect Pokemon. That study is very interesting to me because I’m one of, if not the most extreme example.”

I hadn’t noticed the other new trainer until she interrupted, “Am I a little late again? So-oooo-orry!” The trainer I’d been talking to complained, “Bianca… I've known for ten years that you have no sense of time, but…seriously… Today's the day we can get a Pokémon from Professor Juniper!” Bianca slumped in shame. “I know. Sorry, Cheren.” I said hi and she perked up at my greeting and asked, “Oh. Are you a new trainer too?” I pretended to check. “Nope, not according to my business card. Not even close. I think my reputation is letting me get away with anything. It helps that I mostly do whatever when it’s either harmless or extremely harmful to even more harmful people and that I’m perfect for a sister study to Professor Juniper’s. I’m not sure how I’ll be for hers because I’m not sure how Pokemon can affect me more than they already have.” The serious looking boy (I’m pretty sure he’s Cheren.) eyed my card skeptically. “You can’t be that Climmy.” I shrugged. “If you’ve heard of him you’d know this is the kind of audacious thing he’d do while avoiding a lawsuit from the remains of Team Rocket. If I’m lucky, I might be facing another lawsuit from some other evil gang in this region.” To help with that argument, I barged into the lab before he could form his thoughts into words. “Professor, they’re here!”

Professor Juniper gave the usual speech about filling the Pokedex to help with research and asked them to call her often, like I thought she would, before the part we’d all been waiting for, the Pokemon. I suggested, “I think I should pick last.” Bianca took that as permission to pick first. “OK, I’ll take this Pokemon!” She scooped up Oshawott into her arms. That’s the one I wanted the least. Water types can usually learn Hail, which is something, but I’d rather have almost any other move. Cheren didn’t take much longer to chose the Fire type. Tepig would’ve been my second choice because of Will-O-Wisp. I wouldn’t use that move too much because of Toxic Spikes, but it’s a very useful move when I can use it. I was left with the Grass type. Perfect. Snivy doesn’t look like they can learn Poison Powder or Sleep Powder, but I’m sure they can learn the Holy Grail of status moves. Bianca exclaimed, “Everyone has chosen a Pokémon! ...So that's that! Hey, I know! Let's have a Pokémon battle!” I said no because I wouldn't have a chance without training and for them to do it outside because wrecking the lab would be the worst way to thank the professor.

With Snivy by my side, I- “Heeey! Climmy, wait up!” Bianca and Cheren? Either that battle was faster that I thought it’d be or the road to Route 1 was longer than I thought. She asked, “Do you want to come with us?” How has traveling with other trainers never crossed my mind before? I suddenly feel like I’ve been missing out on something. I nodded. “Being a third wheel might be fun. It will either end very well or very soon.” Just one turn later we were at the official edge of town and Bianca had an idea. “Hey, Climmy! Let's all take our first step on Route 1 together!” She counted down, “One... Two... Climmy!” I laughed, “It’s not my first step. Besides, doesn’t ruining the moment make it even more memorable?” Cheren sighed and took his first step with Tepig. Bianca complained, “Cheren! No, Oshawatt! Don’t...” Bianca took her first step alone. I gave her an unsympathetic pat on the back, “Now, wasn’t that way more memorable than what you hoped?” I wasn’t surprised when they ditched me while I looked for Metapod, Silcoon, or whatever other harmless Pokemon were around.

Last edited:

CTNC

Happy New Year! May this year not start with most of the world metaphorically burning! (or literally in the case of Australia.) I'll settle for no new epidemics.

I "forgot" to heal before challenging N, but Team Plasma took a wrong turn at Albuquerque or something and gave another speech at the same town. (In case Chapters aren't working, skip to 3:36 if you want to skip the beginning. Or you could just read everything in this post instead of watching if you're not going to watch.) This challenge would have been easier if you could lose to N, but I don't mind. It would still have a ton of grinding but the beginning would be much less insane.

In the first episode I mentioned that there would be a move on Route 2 that'd help a ton and I got a comment (Holly crap, I have subscribers and people that comment on my videos! 0_o) that reminded me of something that I would have forgot to mention.
Rowen Marwick said:
wow, that's bonkers! i'd never have the patience for this. the route 2 move wouldn't happen to be assist, would it? seems like that's a potential way to deal damage without technically attacking...
CTNC said:
Nice idea, but I still count that as using an attack if it picks Tackle. The move I was talking about was Growl.
Purrloin might be the MVP of this playthrough for how much time it saved. Growl let me train on Level 6 and 7 Pokemon.

It only took 20 Hours to beat the next milestone, Bianca, the first trainer with 2 Pokemon. It would have been quicker if I remembered to focus on Purrloin instead of focusing on Leech Seed and letting them gain Exp on the side so they can have more bulk to use more Growls. At Level 10 they learn Sand "Attack." As much as I don't like luck, there's enough attacks for the 2/3 chance to miss at -6 to translate to about 2/3 of the attacks missing. Also, Water Gun can't be weakened by Growl and Snivy wouldn't have been able to take 25 even with his resistance.

I don't show the Cheren "battle" before they Gym because it's pretty much the same, even with a type advantage against Snivy. The fodder had more than enough HP to endure the about 9 or 10 Embers that hit.

I was so excited to get to the daycare on Route 3 so they could raise my Pokemon at a rate of 1 Exp per step I take (Did you know that they did that? I wouldn't be surprised if anyone forgot they were anything more than Ditto Brothels before Gen 7. :P) and I was so crushed by the old man blocking me until I got a Badge. I record video and audio separately to avoid recording background sounds, but it let me add in the best bit of audio commentary I could add, the sound of me dying inside.

TL;DR 40 Hours in, I still don't have Leech Seed, but Sand "Attack" lets me win against multiple Pokemon. Also, my soul was crushed because an old man is blocking the way to the Daycare Center.

I leaned against a fence keeping people from the spring flowers, watching Snivy frolic. I’m glad he’s having fun, but I’m worried about the lack of cocoon Pokemon. How are we supposed to train if everything beats us? I’d hoped it’d never have to come to this, but I opened my bag’s forbidden pocket of despair for a cringe worthy black envelope with angsty white skulls and splashes of blood red labeled “X-treme Emergenciez Only!” I gazed upon the maddening text within that few could withstand. This training method should take an hour or two... or seventeen. Seventeen sounds about right.

A Really Long Time Later

Training’s over for the day. Even with alternative training methods I’d learned from daycare centers, I still think it’s a good idea to visit the Pokemon Center just for a checkup. On the way out I saw that a crowd had gathered around a group of people in gray hoodies crested with a black and white shield with a blue P on it. I remember someone dressed like that in Johto, in the Pokemon Center at Union Cave. I think he was the angriest at the Rocket I tricked into looking ready for a battle before I blew an air horn to make everyone run out to see what was going on. That guy looked like he hated Team Rocket as much as I do, so this may be worth listening to.

Someone in a much more fancy purple and brown robe, probably their leader, paced dramatically while preaching. I think I only missed the first line or two of his speech. “I'm sure most of you believe that we humans and Pokemon are partners that have come to live together because we want and need each other. However... Is that really the truth? Have you ever considered that perhaps we humans... only assume that this is the truth?” Pokemon can survive in the wild without humans fine and with the technology humans have made, I don’t think we need the help of Pokemon... “Pokémon are subject to the selfish commands of Trainers... They get pushed around when they are our ‘partners’ at work... Can anyone say with confidence that there is no truth in what I'm saying?” Kind hearted trainers outnumber heartless ones like Team Rocket by a ton, but they still exist. “Now, ladies and gentlemen, Pokémon are different from humans. They are living beings that contain unknown potential. They are living beings from whom we humans have much to learn. Tell me, what is our responsibility toward these wonderful beings called Pokémon?” I’ve caught 5 Lillipup, not because I really wanted to, but because they were friendly and curious enough to come up to me and wanted to be friends after seeing how I treated Snivy and the other Lillipup. Now that I think about it, I’ve always caught Pokemon then become their friend. Maybe it should be the other way around. “That's right! We must liberate the Pokémon!” Uh... What? Please tell me he’s only thinking of freeing Pokemon from abusive trainers. “Then, and only then, will humans and Pokémon truly be equals.” Humans always have the leader role and most make Pokemon fight. I know Pokemon like fighting, but I’ve never understood that. “Everyone, I end my words here today by imploring you to consider the relationship between people and Pokémon... and the correct way to proceed. We sincerely appreciate your attention.” Everyone looks forward to being a Pokemon Trainer. I looked forward to it so much that I had to find a way that it was possible for me after the... after that time... Snivy tugged at my leg and gave a worried cry.

Why’s the crowd going? Oh, the speech is over. Someone with long green hair stayed behind too for some reason, watching me. He said, “Your Pokémon... Just now, it was saying...” Huh? I thought it was obvious what Snivy meant, but I explained anyway. “He’s probably unnerved by that speech or my reaction. We haven’t been together long enough for me to tell what he’s trying to say.” The guy shook his head. “Oh. Then, you can't hear him... How sad. My name is N.” I know I’m focusing on the wrong thing, but, “Is that your real name?” He said no and I asked him if he’d ever tell me his real name. He said no again, so I asked, “Can I call you Dude? That’s what I've called people that don’t tell me their names.” He agreed, “That is fine.” I nodded. “I’m Climmy and what were you saying about Snivy?” Dude asked Snivy, “Why?” Snivy said a lot and gestured excitedly at me. Dude listened curiously and seemed slightly distressed, as though he couldn’t believe what Snivy was saying... Wait, what? “You understand what he’s saying?” Dude didn’t seem to think it was a big deal. “Yes, I can talk to Pokemon.” He probably means he can just tell the general idea like how a good trainer can understand Pokemon they’ve been with long enough is trying to say, but something about this guy gives me a feeling that that isn’t what he means. “Really? Could you tell me what Snivy said? Word for word to prove you understand everything?” Dude translated, “Don’t leave me. Climmy’s odd but nice. He said his crazy ideas worked before and I want to see how.” Snivy nodded. This is mind blowing! “Those were your exact words...” Snivy nodded again. “Wha... How? Do...” I breathed in. “Dude, that guy said humans and Pokemon aren’t equal, and I can’t help but think that’s true even though we try, but if humans could understand Pokemon that’d change everything! Have you ever asked why Pokemon like battles? I don’t get it, but almost all of them do.” I hope he understood that. I was talking pretty quick. Dude’s expression turned grim. “Making Pokemon fight is cruel.” I nodded. “It’s so easy to see it that way, but all of my Pokemon always laugh that idea off or look at me like I’m crazy, which I am, but for so many different reasons. I’m usually the last person to challenge anyone, but I want you to ask.” Dude pointed in disbelief. “Your shirt says say no to violence!” I admitted, “Yeah, it’d be hypocritical if I was anyone else.”

Snivy hasn’t learned anything useful yet but we’ve been able to beat the weakest of the weak Patrat on Route 1 by doing nothing. The Bold, Modest, Calm, and Timid Patrat still KO all 5 of my Lillipup and nearly KO Snivy before training, but it’s still possible. I think we’re ready for a Trainer.

Dude sent out his Pokemon, a Purrloin, and what followed could be called an epic battle if you stretched the definitions of epic and battle. Snivy was switched in and out so he could take hits without wearing himself out of being able to use Leer and my army of Lillipup took turns facing, switching in and out against, and falling to Dude’s Purrloin who used a random seeming mix of Growl and Scratch. When the fourth Lillipup fell, the fifth charged in, ready for the pain that awaited her and- “How is this better than fighting?!” I explained, “I-” Actually, I realized this was cruel to my Pokemon thought a about my justification. “It’s not. I just... can’t. Even thinking about attacking...” I clutched my stomach. “In other regions I’d find cocoon Pokemon or Magikarp to train against until someone learns Leech Seed or Poison Powder. They’d use Harden or Splash until...” Dude was so baffled that he almost didn’t notice Purloin fainting from Struggling to keep on fighting. I petted the victorious Lillipup before going back to Dude’s question. “And now that we’ve proven pacifism can win, I’d like to scream the worst justification possible. It’s about the principle! But seriously, should we go to the Pokemon center?”

The first thing after healing was telling my Pokemon, “If any of you never want to see me again, run. I’ll release you back to-” Two of them fled out of the front door before I could finish. Don’t blame them. I asked the Lillipup that stayed, “Why did three of you stay? I thought one, maybe two, but three? I... I don’t understand. I’m not complaining, but why? I get that humans are interesting, but am I really interesting enough to be worth it?” I’m pretty sure even a deaf person could’ve translate their yipping to yes. I noted, “I’d say Pokemon are weird, but humans are probably even weirder to them than they are to humans. Snivy, agreeing wouldn’t mean much because I’m weird even by human standards and from what I can tell, so is Dude. I mean that in a good way.” Snivy agreed anyway. “So, what’s with that group giving the speech?” Dude had only gotten to telling me they’re called Team Plasma when I noticed something laying on the pile of magazines that every waiting room needs. “Hang on... They have a brochure? Huh, I thought only hotels and tourist attractions made those.”

That guy’s speech had summed up Team Plasma’s ideals. They’re about liberating Pokemon from trainers for treating them like servants instead of equals and making them fight. If they’re just liberating from cruel trainers, that’s fine, but I suspect they’re more extreme than that. Maybe my influence could help them see Pokemon and people are happier together than apart or direct them to making nature preserves? Hmm... “I’m not entirely sure if I want to join, but can I have a uniform in case I do?” Dude shook his head. “You have to join for one, but you do not have to wear it when you are not on a mission.” Quitting is always an option, so that’s fair. “Okay, the first mission will probably be the deal maker or breaker, so why not? Just a warning, if you’re anything like Team Rocket, expect my back stabbing to be less like a dagger and more a chainsaw.”
The thrill of Cheren’s first Gym battle and the pride of earning his first badge almost let him resist the wave of dread from seeing a flier outside asking, “How many Pokemon does it take to defeat a pacifist?” This had Climmy written all over it. Cheren came close to mentally sighing as he read the rest. “Bring as few Pokemon as you think you need to win and challenge the pacifist. The pacifist has six Pokemon that will never attack and doesn’t have any loopholes like Toxic or Leech Seed. (yet)” Climmy’s insane, but if he’s that Climmy... Cheren mentally sighed.

I spun a classy cane that matched my carnie style top hat and Mario mustache. “Step right up! See if you can beat up a poor defenseless pacifist or if karma takes you down!” I heard two familiar voices, a cheerful one saying she’ll try and an exasperated one that was already tired of my antics. “Climmy, what are you doing?” I answered Cheren honestly, “Acting like a total nutcase to attract challengers until Snivy learns Leech Seed. Have you learned it yet?” Snivy shook his head happily, eager for more training. Apparently, he likes this as much as I do. He’s odd, but then again, I like it and who am I to judge? “Oh well. This either attracts overconfident trainers or gets me the kind of weird looks that I feed off of, like yours. It’s win win! If you want to try, sorry but first come first serve, ladies first, and I’m getting ‘I want no part of this’ vibes from you. Are you ready young lady?”

I started with a Purrloin I’d met on Route 2 against Bianca’s Lillipup and said two of the most infuriating words, “Sand ‘Attack!’” Bianca complained, “How’s that not an attack?” I pointed out, “It’s clearly not an attack. It’s just a very poorly named move. Now Purrloin, Growl! Growl adorably like the adorable cute kitty you are!” I laughed like a cartoon villain, going mad with what little power I had. Bianca called for Leer and I could tell Purrloin’s Defense was lowered. Sand Attack can’t make every move miss so I knew I’d have to deal with this sooner or later, but we can’t win with lowered Defense. We still need her Lillipup’s Attack and Accuracy lowered, but I had no choice. “Purrloin, return!” Most of my team can’t take hits too easily, and Snivy could take hits better. I chose one of my Pokeballs, one that didn’t have a Lillipup, and yelled, “Go, other Purrlion!” Bianca seemed confused and the already exasperated look Cheren had made me feel shamelessly smug. He knew how annoying this would be, so I asked, “You know how this will go. Do you know how I plan on winning?” Bianca didn’t understand what I’d asked. After all, you can’t win if you don’t do anything, right? Cheren pondered for a little while and I saw the his eyes lit up, when he’d realized I’m going to win by having my opponents defeat themselves. They can’t Tackle forever, they can’t Leer forever. Eventually, they will Struggle to do anything, literally. The recoil from Struggle, the move that can only be used when nothing else can, lets pacifism win through enduring everything else.

It took forever, but it was glorious. When Bianca’s Lillipup KOed itself with Struggle, I stood still for a minute to let the moment sink in then pointed at Bianca’s other Pokeball, turned my hand over, and curled the finger in a bring it on motion. Binaca snapped out of it and called, “Go, Oshawott! Use Water Gun!” That’s annoying. Growl can’t weaken special attacks, but we don’t have to endure all of them, just the ones that hit. Needless to say I said, “Use Sand ‘Attack!’” I didn’t know how long it would take or how close it would be, but the team was doing surprisingly well after her Lillipup and the odds are in our favor.

After an amazing drawn out battle that arguably not a battle, (Personally, I don’t think it was a battle.) Oshawott fell to her own attack. Bianca couldn’t believe it, Cheren actually looked a little impressed after watching her near eternal onslaught fail to defeat a trainer that did absolutely nothing, I probably looked annoyingly smug, and Snivy was glowing with pride. No, wait. He’s literally glowing. He’s evolving! Servine cheered and showed off by spitting seeds into the ground that immediately sprouted. I recognized the move I’d seen a thousand times and grinned even more smugly. “Finally, Leech Seed. We’ll have our first Badge by the end of the day and another in less time than all of our training has taken.”

Cheren tried to comprehend what he’d just seen. “I don’t know if I saw a Champion’s technique or someone that shouldn’t have won.” I admitted it’s both. Cheren tapped his foot, thinking of what to say next. “If you really are Kanto’s Champion, why are you... like this?” I would’ve looked up one of the interview where I said this to read out loud for showmanship, but I didn’t want to annoy someone who didn’t deserve it. “In the stadium, I’m completely serious about any challenger that doesn’t want me to make a show. I’ve got to be at least partly professional. Out in the world, I’m something that Team Rocket broke and unleashed on themselves, the kind of person that acts so crazy that it’d be a good idea to ignore me if I weren’t such an unstoppable force that you can’t afford to ignore me. I keep acting like I’ve lost my marbles, or donated them to Toys for Tots or smashed them, because keeping up the act makes people talk about the Pacifist on the Warpath, which reminds Team Rocket that the one they fear is still out there, waiting for any excuse to go nuts. As for other oppressive evils that need to be oppressed, if rumors of my presence isn’t enough to stop them from rising out of the shadows, chaos will descend upon those who dared to sneer at the one that ended Team Rock Boys. Also, it’s fun. Friends get used to it or avoid-” I got sidetracked by an sudden epiphany. “Wait, is that why most of my friends are Pokemon? ...and I just realized most of my friends are my Pokemon... That’s kind of depressing.” Something grabbed my knee and I looked down to see Servine hugging it. That’s so sweet! I sat down without moving my leg too much to pet him. He deserves it! “I try not to have favorites, but you’re making it pretty hard. Anyway, friends get used to it or avoid me to not be a friend, which I understand, and enemies get my normal act turned up to eleven... or twelve thousand if they deserve it. Just ask Team Rocket about yo boi Clim-may, the Pacifist on the Warpath!” I don’t think Cheren saw when he said, “I see...” I gave Cheren an offer I knew he’d refuse to give him some much needed space, “I need to go heal my team. Want to come with me?” Cheren said he’d healed his Pokemon earlier. Turns out, he came right here after seeing a flier. In hindsight I feel a little bad about keeping him away from the Pokemon center.

Edit: Shout out to mikaly2000 (AKA someone with 3 Youtube accounts) for doing this challenge too for some reason.
He was able to beat N with an in game time of 12 Hours with a little less grinding and turning Battle Animations off and he was able to beat Bianca at around 21 Hours because he focused on training one Purrloin instead of focusing on Snivy because of not knowing/forgetting that Purrloin learns Sand "Attack" at Level 10. He also said you can beat N without training if you use Potions, so please do that to save a ton of time instead of sticking to the No Items in "Battle" Rule

I may have gotten lucky against Cheren, but it took mikaly2000 a few tries because he kept getting burned by Ember multiple times. It could have also been because he only had one Purrloin instead of two making it much more difficult.

Last edited:

CTNC

Three episodes in and I'm already at the half way point! (From a time standpoint. There's still lots of game play that's worth showing.) After 50 Hours, I finally beat Tia.

I lost over and over for because Tia's Level 10 Patrat has Keen Eye and 60 PP in attacks which left the team barely standing. Her Purrloin would finish me off, but that was okay. Losing meant I could challenge and KO her Patrat again. It's so much faster than finding Level 6 or 7 Pokemon and so much more Exp. When Snivy hit Level 19, he learned Leech Seed and it was over.

Oh, and there was also the Gym Leader too, but he was easy.

I challenged him without healing first just to see if Leech Seed was enough to win. It wasn't, but as soon as I had Growl it was over. Leech Seed would drain 4 HP from Lillipup and Bite (He doesn't know Tackle) would only deal 3 Damage to Purrloin after a few Growls. Pansear could only 2HKO the fodder and 5HKO Snivy with Incinerate.

After winning I got to use the TM to replace Servine's last attack with... What do you mean Servine can't learn Work Up? >:(

CTNC

I messed up when recording audio for this Gym. I thought it was recording the game's audio but it was recording the computer's microphone.

There were a few team change after the first Gym, like boxing everyone except Servine. Their job as fodder is done. The useful change is I caught a Patrat and put it in the daycare center until Level 19 so he'd learn Confuse Ray when he evolves at Level 20. He's on the team until the third Gym is down because I need something to beat Grass types and he's all I can get for now.

There's two devastating "battles" around Nacrene City, the Normal Gym and Twins Mayo and May.

The Gym Leader's "battle" was devastating because only three of her moves did anything, unless you also count two Leers that effectively did nothing because I switched before she attacked. Completely devastating for her. Between Watchog's Sand "Attack," Confuse Ray, and a few Detects it was pretty funny. To make it even better, the first Take Down missed before I even used any of those. The only time things looked bad was when Herdier got a Critical Hit on my Watchog when I switched after Leech Seed, but it healed Watchog to full health before Herdier went down. I used Detect when the Gym leader sent in their Watchog because of Retaliate, but she used Hypnosis instead. When I switched back to Servine for Leech Seed she used Leer twice and didn't attack until after I switched back to Watchog.

The Twins were devastating for me because they had 2 Sewaddle. All I have "Offensively" is Confuse Ray and I have to have Servine out too. The good news is that lowering Defense increases Confusion damage and Leer affects both opponents. Also, I reset if Servine was KOed because I had a Patrat just for Cut and it'd feel like cheating if I used it. It took me three tries. During the third one I realized I Servine really needed HP but he couldn't use Leech Seed on Grass Types, but there was a Pokemon that wasn't a Normal Type. My Watchog had plenty of HP to spare, so... That didn't help because I won before Leech Seed could do anything, but I felt clever for thinking about it.

If you're wondering why I didn't use a Cottonee for Poison Powder, I had a few reasons. I'd rather have Lillignat then Whimsicott for her better stats and movepool, I didn't want to catch a Pokemon just for one or two "battles," and the twins were right before the grass Cottonee is found in so it wasn't even an option.

CTNC

The Bug Gym has a Leavanny, but it's easy to deal with if you catch a Cottonee for Poison Powder. Guess what I caught and guess what I immediately traded for a Petilil!

This was much better than the twins because I wasn't forced to have a Grass Type out against Leavanny and TM44 Rest is in the city the Bug Gym is in. TM70 Flash is also there and I taught it to everyone, partly to replace attacks and partly because it has 5 more PP than Sand "Attack." ( There's also two really good items. A Big Root increases the amount Leech Seed heals by 30% (but doesn't affect the ammount it drains) and Eviolite is amazing. In the short run, I don't think I need to explain how good 50% extra bulk is. In the long tun, It gives Servine about 10% more bulk than evolving and lower HP. (Lower HP is an upside when it's part of a trade off that makes you bulkier than without the tradeoff because Leech Seed's healing is based off of the opponent's HP instead of yours. For example, healing 10/80 is better than 10/100) I'm probobly overthinking and overvaluing a small boost over evolution, but still helps more and it's a cool item.

I'm not sure if I'm overpowered or the Gym is underpowered. Maybe both, but I'm pretty sure that the Gym is underpowered. Struggle Bug had 30 Power in Gen 5. Either way, Servine took the first two Pokemon easily.

CTNC

The fan game Pokemon Reborn was either not made with this challenge in mind or was made to be very cruel. Someone else tried it but the Gyms have 6 Pokemon and the first two were Poison and Grass. They gave up on the second Gym and I don't blame them.

Showing one rival "battle" is unusual for me, but two? Grab your popcorn!

The first thing I did after the Bug Gym was ditch Watchog. There's not any Grass Types between there and Yamask, right? Oh, Cheren has Pansage. I'd be so annoyed if it weren't for Route 4's Sandstorm. That's actually pretty funny. His Pidove was less funny with Roost, but 10 PP but it wasn't too bad because Leech Seed and the Sandstorm make him keep healing and I was trying to get a KO before Roost ran out of PP with Sleep Powder. I wish I knew sleep only lasted upto 3 turns though. Pignite was pretty pathetic. It attacked once against Servine then used Defense Curl until he fainted, which let Servine get back to full health.
(If you're watching and Chapters still aren't working, Cheren starts with Pidove and Pansage is at 8:45)

Well, after catching Yamask and Trubbish I can beat any- wait, what? Oh... This is going to suck... N's Darumaka is his second worst Pokemon. N's Sigilyph has Magic Guard. Confusion can beat that, so I can just use... I boxed Watchog... There's always the all case emergency Plan B, move Springfield 5 miles down road stall to Struggle! Flash and Rest make it much easier than it sounds against 55 PP of attacks. I'm not entirely sure how Darumaka didn't KO anyone, but I'm not complaining. :D
Fun Fact: Magic Guard doesn't protect against Struggle's recoil, but even if it didn't, Struggle's a contact move and would activate Yamask's Mummy.
(N starts at 13:00, Magic Guard is at 18:18, and Darumaka is at 30:10)

Maybe I shouldn't have boxed Watchog yet, but then again, those were the only two "battles" left where he'd be useful though and I didn't remember that Confuse Ray would have been really useful for Magic Guard until much later.

CTNC

So, you know how I talk about Leech Seed very other sentence because it's that good? Well, part of the reason it's so good is opponents never switch unless they're forced to by something like Volt Switch, the Electric Gym's TM. It's much less of a problem than it sounds because of Yamask knowing Will-O-Wisp and Rest. Honestly, if you had to skip one episode, I'd pick this one.

The first thing was using Will-O-Wisp twice in a row because the AI loves spamming Volt Switch. It's almost like the two Emolga are just one with double HP because they know the same moves. Yamask was 5HKOed so Rest let him heal anything even if he got Crit. That lead to the time tested strategy that works in so many games, mashing the A Button. After the Hyper Potions I switched to Trubbish for Toxic Spikes than Lilligant so she could use Leech Seed on the last Pokemon. Turns out Leech Seed is good after all because Grass types make them sapm Aerial Ace instead, which was pathetic after the burn. Zebstrika knew Flame Charge, but it didn't come close to being able to KO Liligant and 4 Turns because of Toxic Spikes and Leech Seed let the toughest Pokemon be very tough.

CTNC

The luck in the Ground Gym was weird. 75 Accuracy hit every time but 90 kept on missing. I don't think it mattered much but it's interesting when that kind of stuff happens.

Edit: How'd I not catch the mistake the thumbnail is showing? X( It says Bulldoze instead of Rock Slide...
Edit 2: Crap, did I forget to check for spelling errors and typos? I can't think of how else I could have missed that.

I didn't need Toxic Spikes when there's a Steel Type and Palpitoad in the back, but force of habit. I'm not sure if Krokorok's Bulldoze was that weak or if Stockpile let Trubbish take hits way better than I expected. Maybe both. Krokorok also seemed to like using Bulldoze more that Crunch against Grass types. I'm guessing that's to lower speed, but I don't understand the AI and I've given up on trying to understand.

Excadrill scared me for obvious reasons and Hone Claws made things worse. I took a risk with Sleep Powder then tried Will-O-Wisp with Yamask guessing Excadrill would wake up that turn. He didn't wake up and I didn't know what to do next, but then I remembered that the 30 PP move Yamask knows just because it has 30 PP does something. Haze removed the Hone Claws boost and Yamask was able to endure to use Will-O-Wisp too. Also, removing Hone Claw's Accuracy buff let Rock Slide miss. (That miss didn't matter, but it's funny with how much other 90 Accuarcy moves had missed.) I wasn't planning on getting rid of Haze any time soon, (or ever with his move pool) but I started to see it as good for more than being a glorified Splash, even though it was still usually a glorified Splash

Palpitoad knew Aqua Ring, which is like Leftovers, but it was just mildly annoying and made me use Leech Seed to speed thing up. Muddy Water was much more annoying, but that's just because I hate that move. If you use it, it will miss. If you face it, it will lower your Accuracy. Oh, and it hits both opponents in Double Battles without hurting your ally, so it's used over Surf in those...

Last edited:

CTNC

One mistake I made was not catching immediately another Trubbish when mine had Stick Hold. I had to train another when it evolved just so I wouldn't have a Garbodor with Weak Armor... I think Truant may be a better defensive ability.

In Chargestone Cave there's a guy with an Archen. Base 112 Attack and Acrobatics (110 Power because of no item) hurt a little... Other Pokemon that were annoying to face were every Tranquil in the local area. They know Detect, Roost, and Taunt.

The Flying Gym could have been easy. Swoobat liked using Amnesia, Unfezant knew Air Slash and Leer instead of Taunt, but Toxic missed against Swanna and Air Slash was a 3HKO on Cofagrigus. I would have used Will-O-Wisp if I wasn't worried about Roost. (Which was pretty stupid because there was no way Garbodor would be able to come in again and use Toxic.) After a little while I tried switching to Servine. He endured with a little over half health, but I wasn't sure if he'd be able to endure another because of the random part of damage calculations. I had to risk it anyway and Leech Seed worked! From there it was just waiting with Cofagrigus and hating Swanna's Aqua Ring.

I may skip the next "every other day" just to relax a little. If I don't, there's the Ice Gym, where the normal Trainers are the real challenge and I didn't record them because I didn't find that out until it was too late. Either way, expect nothing worth reading about in two days. :P

CTNC

After 6 Gyms, I finally caught my team's fifth Pokemon. I wanted to try out Wish and only one Pokemon in Unova can learn it, Alomomola. Base 165 HP is pretty nice. A lot of the time it's like Recover because I'd usually want to use Protect afterward anyway. I also grabbed TM06, Toxic. You'd think I'd teach it to everyone, but no. Garbodor already knew it, so only Alomomola and Servine and it's only a placeholder move for Servine! Lilligant already had four good moves and Haze had enough of a niche that it wasn't worth teaching to Cofagrigus when he already knew Will-O-Wisp.

I'd so transfer Alomomola, use an Ability Patch for Regenerator, and use him Restricted Sparing if he wasn't Dexited... While I'm mourning Pokemon lost to Dexit, a moment of silence for both Poison Heal Pokemon, Breloom and Gliscor. Oh, and Lucky Chant. That move stops Crits from happening against your team for 5 Turns. Unaware Leppa Berry Clefable with Cosmic Power/Lucky Chant/Rest/Recycle would have been hilarious in Restricted Sparing. Why'd they have to cut Lucky Chant?

I'm getting off topic, but the Ice Gym is a joke. The real challenge is Bianca "battle" afterward... It's not hard. It's just the last one against her and not a joke.

There was a trainer with two Vanillish with Taunt, but by the time I found out the Gym Leader was worse than her it was too late to go back and record her. The AI never uses Frost Breath because it's 40 Power (even though it Crits every time) and guess what his Vanillish knows instead of Taunt. He knows Astonish! I'm not joking. This "Gym" was so pathetic that I had to look up the movesets and they were so amazing I that I laughed in didbelief. Cryogonal takes Physical hits slightly better than Kartana takes Special hits, (Kartana has 59 HP and 31 SpD. Ctyogonal has 70 HP and 30 Def until Gen 7 buffed Def to 50.) and it knows Reflect. That isn't stopping any KOs... Also, it knows two Ice Attacks and Rapid Spin.

Side note: I look up move details because I know almost everything but the PP. Finding out Acid Armor Has 40 PP before Gen 6 made my mouth water with so many PP to spend on turns doing nothing. Seriously, Splash having 40 PP is enough for me to believe it's better than some other moves, especially ones that raise Atk because of confusion.

CTNC

Three Gyms in a row had Trainers with Taunt, and I finally recorded one of them.

Fraxure knows Dragon Dance and Attack boosts make me worry, but Toxic or Leech Seed can deal with that while they waste time setting up until they faint, right? Fraxure also knows Taunt. The first Fraxure wasn't bad because I got Toxic and Leech Seed early, but I wasn't able to get Toxic Spikes down and Will-O-Wisp got Taunted by the second one. I switched to Servine and used Leech Seed, expecting Taunt because that would suck. Turns out Servine was faster than I expected (Base 83 Speed) and Fraxure was slower than I thought before a Dragon Dance. (Base 67 Speed.) I used Toxic them switched back to Cofagrigus because Dragon Dance had been used twice and Dragon Claw hurt a ton on him. Fraxure was a Female with the Ability Rivalry, so Mummy canceling it just made Dragon Claw stronger... Yay... I would have used Haze, but Cofagrigus really needed the tiny bit of HP from Leech Seed first. I really didn't like using Protect against something that could use Dragon Dance, but I didn't think I had a choice. Guess what Fraxure used... a Status Move, Taunt. Good thing Protect blocks that moves. It was just one turn left to I'd won.

The Dragon Gym's Leader wasn't that bad. Two Pokemon knew Dragon Dance. Cofagrigus had Haze. I used it in a way that was half (correctly) predicting a Dragon Dance, half "Nothing else would do anything and Haze has 30 PP to waste, so..." The other Pokemon's attack on Lillignat was healed by Leech Seed and Protect, so he wasn't threatening at all. Hmm... makes me wonder what this challenge would be like if healing moves were banned... That still sounds better than the Ultimate Pacifist "idea" that I thought about joking about for April Fools, (Can't use any moves, items, or abilities that can hurt or help hurt anyone. No loopholes. Leer counts because they can confuse themself with Thrash and Sunny Day counts because of Dry Skin.) but that's not saying much

CTNC

Has anyone notice the platforms my Pokemon stand on are the Status Move symbol?

I think the thumbnail says everything. Unfezant's Air Slash's 30% Flinch Chance and Taunt is a "fun" combo.

Nothing goes wrong enough to make Cheren challenging, but everything goes wrong enough to make this the most irritating "battle ever, including the many Level 2 Patrat. (Actually, they weren't annoying. If you expect them to be too strong every time it isn't disheartening when they are.)

Also, how is Simisage's Seed Bomb strong enough to make Garbodor need to use Rest? How?

Emboar wasn't bad, but Liepard was the cherry on top of the rage. It knows Taunt too. It didn't matter, but still... Do not Taunt the Pacifist.

CTNC

To make it so the beginning isn't the only main highlight of this play though, I'm doing the Elite Four without healing between "battles."

I had to get the Psychic Elite Four out of the way first because of Reuniclus's Magic Guard. I didn't think about this much when deciding to not evolve Servine because of Eviolite, but Servine learns Gastro Acid at Level 48, 8 Levels faster than Serperior's 56. Sigilyph would have been devastating if she had Magic Guard too, but she had the "still annoying because it lowers my Accuracy to 50" Wonder Skin. She still hurt a ton because I accidentally switched to the wrong Pokemon and had to use Rest before switching to the right Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure you can guess that my last Pokemon will be Reshiram judging by the missing sixth Pokemon, but if you want to complain, look at it this way. Saving a spot meant I had to use one less Pokemon for 99/100 of the game (Unless you count post game) and 150 SpA isn't as good if you're not using it. If you think that 100/100/120 bulk is way too good, trust me, it's far from unbeatable, especially when Roost isn't until B2/W2.

CTNC

I think the best thing S/M did was make a Fighting Elite Four that isn't a joke. Look at RBY Bruno and tell me he's serious. Look at this guy and tell me he's serious!

I thought the Dark Elite Four would be easiest because he has a Liepard. Nope, the Fighting Elite Four has Stone Edge. I know that doesn't sound bad, but his two Pokemon know it ran out of its 5 PP against Cofagrigus and had to use their only other move that could hit Ghosts, Grass Knot. Conkeldurr has a respectable 55 SpA, and by respectable I mean better than Patrat's 35, but Grass Knot off of Sawk's 30 SpA is just... Dude. I have no words. I think something in my brain broke.

CTNC

The Ghost Elite Four had two threatening Pokemon and I had to sacrifice my Cofagrigus so someone else could live. Dark is the only one after this so he probably wasn't going to be useful anyway.

The less obvious of the two threats was Golurk. It has a nice 124 Atk and Earthquake, but I didn't care about that. When it used Curse, that's when I started caring about Golurk. Sevine was at half health when it was Rest or switch. Shadow Punch would probably deal 1/4 and Curse would do another 1/4, so Rest would mean having half health and being asleep. That's when I sacrificed my Cofagrigus. A lot of messages happened, Mummy, Rocky Helmet, Golurk KO, then Cofagrigus KO. Golurk was poisoned with next to no HP left, so Mummy and the Rocky Helmet were pretty pointless.

Chandelure was threatening for obvious reasons, 145 SpA and it's a Fire type and I have two Grass types. The amount Fire Blast did to Alomomola was very impessive and I wasn't sure if he could endure a Shadow Ball after that, but he was fortunately able to enure and use Wish than Protect.

CTNC

Something that made syncing the audio easier for the Dark Elite Four is you can hear the red carpet conveyor belt's engine when you walk into his room.

You'd think the guy with the Liepard would be the easiest of the Elite Four, (or you'd think that if you hadn't seen Grass Know Sawk...) but his Scrafty with Poison Jab and Bisharp hit pretty hard. Scrafty was weaker that I thought because I thought he had more than 90 Atk and Krookodile could have been tougher if his main attack wasn't Foul Play, (I used Lilligant against him, but it would have been funny if all the Atk EVs Servine got on Route 1 came back to haunt him in a way other than not being able to chug more HP Ups.) Bisharp is a strong Steel type with X-Scissor, but being able to use Leech Seed and Garbodor not being weak to anything meant this one wasn't a problem. (Totally not hinting at something with that wording. :P) Liepard was a Liepard and didn't know Taunt or the infamous SwagPlay combo. I don't think I need to say anything else about Liepard.

I'm going to another small break and upload the next episode in 4 days instead of 2 again because taking more time before the finale (or lost two episodes before the post game, it's not close to the finale) feels right because of building up excitement or something. I'm not entirely sure why and I know it's dumb, but it feels right for some reason... Also, I could use the time for finishing the last bits.

CTNC

The game was still pulling punches during the Elite Four, (I'm looking at you Grass Knot Sawk!) but I think this is when the game stops holding any thing back.

Catching Reshiram was possible without anyone getting KOed because Alomomola could heal any attack with Wish and lower HP with Hail. Reshiram was strong enough that I had to use Wish as much as possible. For some reason Reshiram's moves became status moves between when I caught it and the immediate "battle" with N. I'm sure it had nothing to do with losing on purpose so I could teach Reshiram some TMs before trying for real.

N was tough. Not because of Zekrom, I had Reshiram use Will-O-Wisp on turn one and set up Toxic Spikes with Garbodor even though Zekrom knew Zen Headbutt. N's Full Restore let him use Rest. Cofagrigus came close to getting KOed by Fusion Bolt but that only has 5 PP and Zekrom's other moves are Light Screen, Giga Impact, and Zen Headbutt.

The second Pokemon was Carracosta, which forced me to switch with Crunch. Stone Edge dealt about a third to Servine. Thankfuly, Toxic Spikes took it down quickly, he was only able to hit with Stone Edge twice because of Protect, and Leech Seed healed a tiny bit.

Vanilluxe was mostly a joke because of Alomola resisting his shallow movepool, but was slightly annoying because of Hail and Ice Body. Klinklang had me worried with Metal Sound but Reshiram and Servine took it down easily with Will-O-Wisp, Leech Seed, and switching. I was able to get Leech Seed because of Hyper Beam's recovery turn.

I'd forgotten that Zoroark learns Flamethrower, but Reshiram happened to be the best Pokemon for taking Special hits, so that was lucky. I switched to Alomomola after Night Slash then Focus Blast took him from just over half to just under a quarter, but Wish was able to heal him back to a good amount of health and Focus Blast let me switch to Cofagrigus on Zoroark's last turn.

Archeops was brutal. Will-O-Wisp missed and I couldn't try again because of Crunch. I switched to Lilligant and Protected hoping he wouldn't know a good Flying attack. He knew Acrobatics. Power 110 is kind of really good with 140 Atk... Alomomola was my only hope left so I switched to him but Acrobatics dealt about half of what he had left. I had no choice but to use Wish and he endured at 2 HP! He could endure and heal until he had enough HP for Toxic... or Stone Edge could miss when I use Wish again. That worked too. To make it even better, Stone Edge missed twice in a row.

CTNC

I think I may have made Ghetsis look easy, but he wasn't easy. He's never easy. I know you're thinking about a certain Dark type, and it was brutal, but I'm thinking about his other Dark type. I lost twice because Will-O-Wisp missed against it and he was too strong to give me a second chance. Having moves that were Super Effective against 2/3 of my team didn't help. (I also lost twice in a row against the first Pokemon because of a Crit KOing Garbodor.)

I lead with Reshiram because I didn't want the advantage of changing your lead that you get if you lose. (I lost on purpose so I could save between N and this.) Ghetsis leads with his Cofagrigus and he knows Toxic. Obviously, I switch to Garbodor. I only get one layer of Toxic Spikes because Shadow Ball during the Switch then Psychic brought Garbodor down to half health. I use Rest, but Psychic hits for half because the first one lowered SpD. I switched to Lilligant because she knew Aromatherapy, which I used after Leech Seed and Protect to wake up Garbodor... then used agian because of Toxic. I saw that coming, but I didn't see the point of anything else. After another Protect, I switched back to Garodor for Protect, Toxic Spikes while Ghetsis used a Full Restore, and Protect again. After that, Toxic, Protect, and Rest then switch to Reshiram on Cofagirigus's final turn.

Bouffalant, as I found out later, knew Earthquake, but he used Head Charge against Reshiram. Protect blocked that and a second one gave me a free switch to my Cofagrigus. Between my Rocky Helmet and Wild Charge's recoil, Bouffalant almost KOed itself. He finally used Earthquake the next turn, but I was using Protect.

Eelektross had Levitate, but Cofagrigus burned it immediately then used Rest because Flamethrower was hurting and full HP and asleep is still better than under half and awake. Eelektross didn't use Crunch until after I switched. In the end I switched to Garbodor even though he was asleep because I didn't think I'd be able to use Aromatherapy again.

Seismitoad was not the chance to use Aromatherapy. I switched to Servine because I predicted the they knew Sludge Wave. I had to use Rest after one, but I still had Lilligant for Leech Seed or Aromatherapy if I got a chance.

Hydreigon was walled by Alomomola, but that didn't make it even close to a free win. Toxic Spikes did nothing because of Levitate, Dragon Pulse barely missed being a 2HKO, (to the point that after switching in and taking another hit to use Wish, he tried to KO Fire Blast and would've if I hadn't used Protect.) Wish healed about 30 more HP than Dragon Pulse dealt. (I know 30 sounds like a lot, but Alomomola had over 261.) I had to keep healing until I could take two hits before I could use Toxic. (A Crit would have sucked...) Eventually, I did it. Also, Dragon Pule ran out of PP and Hydreigon's final attack was Fire Blast for some reason...

Bisharp is devastating. I'd used Wish the turn Hydreaigon fainted and switched to Reshiram who was healed to full health. I used Will-O-Wisp (and hit this time) and Stone Edge still dealt 1/3 HP! (It would've been 2/3 if Will-O-Wisp missed and I'm not sure if Reshiram would've endured another even if the next Will-O-Wisp hit!) I switched to Lilligant for Leech Seed, which wasn't an option before Will-O-Wisp because of X-Scissor, or so I though... Turns out she still had barely over half health after a Night Slash and X-Scissor.

I'm taking a longer break for videos (As in probably at least the rest of the month. I'll try for March 1, probably post next time in Mid March but it will be April Fools Day at the absolute latest.) now that I've done the main game to focus on writing and actually getting around to beating Round 2 of the Elite Four. (To make it as much as a fanile as possible, not only am I not healing between "battles" again, but I'm also reseting if anyone gets KOed.) When I've got some fanfiction/non-video commentary ready, I'll edit it into the posts about that part of the game. Chinese New Year is the 12th, but due to Time Zones, I'm going to try for the 11th. I don't think it's worth bumping a thread for edits, so I'll just ask you to check back if you're interested. Also, I should probably link to this thread in my signature. I'll do it then so there's some sign of an update.

Anyway, the next time I post will be when there's post game stuff. There's Cheren, one tough guy with 6 Pokemon in a random cave, Cynthia, and the Second Round of the Elite Four I was talking about.

CTNC

I'd like to give a massive shout out to mikaly2000. (AKA: Someone with 3 Youtube accounts) I inspired him to try this challenge on this game... One one hand, what have I done? He didn't deserve this! On the other hand, he's asked some good questions like why didn't I pick Tepig so I'd be given a Pansage at the Dreamyard, which learns Leech Seed at Level 16 instead of 19 (It's because Tepig can't have 13 Defense at Level 5 and I'd rather have Snivy either way.) and has given some info about his playthrough. (Like that you can beat N in 12 Hours with a little less training than I did and with Battle Animations off... or that you can just skip any training before him if you use Potions...)

As for writing the fanfic, writers block sucks... At least I posted the first half of the game?

In the post game, there's 3 tough trainers before the Elite 4 Rematch. Cheren, Cynthia, and some guy in the middle of nowhere that you need Surf to get to. If you're wondering about the last Bianca rematch, she's after the Champion even though her team is 10 Levels lower than his

His Gyrados looked like a joke at first because of Blizzard and Fire Blast, but Waterfall dealt good damage. Not enough to stop Garbobor from using Toxic Spikes twice, but still way better than anything off of a Base 60 SpA.

Gigalith used Earthquake while I switched to Servine but wasn't able to hit with Stone Edge.

Druddigon made me switch because I expected a Fire attack, but he used Night Slash instead. It didn't do much, but his next attack, Outrage was devastating.

Snorlax was the worst because he has Immunity and got two Critical Wild Charges against Alommomola so I had to keep using Wish and Protect instead of switching to someone that could use Will-O-Wisp or Leech Seed. Thankfully, they weren't needed because of Wild Charge's recoil. I switched to Lilligant when I thought he'd KO himself, but he'd just run out of Wild Charge PP and used Body Slam. I had to use Leech Seed and the next Body Slam Paralyzed.

Excadrill knew Sludge Bomb for some reason, because Paralysis wasn't bad enough. It didn't KO and I was able to use Leech Seed, but still... I switched to Cofagrigus for Will-O-Wisp and using Protect afterward blocked Toxic. Garbodor is immune to Toxic but weak to Ground, do I switch to him? No, I have something better, a Paralyzed Grass type!

Crobat's Air Slash dealt respectable damage to Cofagrigus and could have screwed things up if a flinch made Cofagrigus unable to use Will-O-Wisp, but I was able to use it and was able to use Rest afterward without flinching.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)