Approved Poll choice submission

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This is a cool idea, though its tricker to implement than the current version. The current versions use a <button name="send" value="/poll vote option#">Name of Option</button> setup. To use radio buttons and submit a submit button, we need to be able to figure out which option is selected when you hit submit, and then send the appropriate command. That specifically would be a client side change, which means it may not happen for a while due to the preact rewrite. (For more information about the preact rewrite, see this post).

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Another solution is to make it so the chat doesn't scroll when hovering over a button. That's something I've planned for the Preact rewrite for some time (it's a bit too much work to implement in the old architecture).

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
In double checking if the suggestion to stop chat scrolling when hovering on infoboxes was already a thing, I ended up finding this thread.

I don't know what the preact thing is, but if that's too difficult, one thing that could be done is formatting the answers as pictured below by floating every other button to the opposite side
1588883084576.png

While it doesn't necessarily solve the problem of chat scrolling, it at least makes it easier to not accidentally hit another button because of it.

The same can be done for other infoboxes like /tier and /rfaq that output multiple links at once.

If this would be a preact thing as well, then rip

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Its a unique solution I'll give it that, but it really looks terrible in my opinion. Zarel is actively working on the preact client as recently as last night, but since its basically re-writing the entire client its going to take a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)