Possible VGS Team

Dusknoir
Level 50 @ Lum Berry
Relaxed - Pressure
~Shadow Punch
~Psych Up
~Trick Room
~Taunt

Dusknoir is my lead along side of Togekiss. This guy either sets up Trick Room or Taunts (usually my opponent's Dusknoir / Bronzong if they're also leading with Smeagle) if I think I have a faster Trick Room team. Shadow Punch is obviously for STAB. Psych Up comes into play when I have Dusknoir out with a Belly Drummed Snorlax to get 2 +6 (I think that's what it is) Pokemon out. Relaxed Nature to stay around longer and ensure I go last. Lum Berry helps to make sure I can get set up and not get messed up by special conditions (most notably Dark Void Smeargles).

Togekiss
Level 50 @ Leftovers
Quiet - Serene Grace
~Air Slash
~Heat Wave
~Follow Me
~Protect

Togekiss is my other lead and anti-Taunter. If I feel a Taunt is coming to stop my Trick Room, I use Follow Me to ensure I can get it off. Togekiss can also take a hit so I don't have to worry about that too much. Leftovers is to make it bulkier. Air Slash + Serene Grace for mondo flinch and Heat Wave deals with Steel types.

Snorlax
Level 50 @ Sitrus Berry
Brave - Thick Fat
~Return
~Fire Punch
~Selfdestruct
~Belly Drum

Pretty standard TR Snorlax. Hopefully get a Belly Drum off and then just sweep. Sitrus Berry essentially makes it so Belly Drum only takes 1/4 of Snorlax's health. He'll usually come out after Togekiss dies or something to pair up with Dusknoir so that Dusknoir can Psych Up the Belly Drum and he doesn't get hit by Selfdestruct. Return is for STAB and Fire Punch hits Steel types.

Machamp
Level 50 @ Life Orb
Brave - No Guard
~Dynamic Punch
~Rock Slide
~Bullet Punch
~Protect

I originally had Metagross here as a 2nd Psych Upper but decided to go Machamp for the better type coverage and auto no-miss. Dynamic Punch is obviously to hit hard with STAB and auto-confuse. Rock Slide hits both opponents, has a chance to flinch them and takes out Flying types (Gyarados, Salamence, ect.). Bullet Punch gives me a much needed priority move on my team and Protect is so I don't get hit by Selfdestruct and is just overall although I might toss it for Encore. Life Orb is just to hit harder.

Seems like a good team, but it's mainly physical.
Don't know if it will be a problem, cause it has some good strategy, but you never know. You could end up being outstalled by something like dusknoir and bronzong.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This looks like you're general solid Trick Room team, shouldn't have too many problems.

However, King's Rock doesn't raise the flinch rate of moves with a secondary effect, so it's useless on your Togekiss there. Use Leftovers to survive a bit longer or perhaps a Chesto Berry to help against those lead Smeargle with Dark Void.

Since you're using Psych Up on Dusknoir, I'd suggest trying Shadow Sneak as a possible replacement for Shadow Punch, as you'll always be going first even when Trick Room isn't in play, despite the drop in power.

Snorlax and Machamp should be fine, but remember with Life Orb on Machamp, you'll be losing 10% for each enemy you hit, so when losing Rock Slide be careful, as you'll hit both enemies and lose 20% HP.

Remember that you can register six Pokémon, so Psych Up Metagross can still be a good back-up Pokémon, with a Shuca or Occa Berry. Then you've got one more slot to use, I'd suggest something with special attacks. You probably won't use your back-up Pokémon, but it's worth taking them anyway.

What are the VGS's? ;) This team reminds me alot of the team diesel used in seatle, and he ended up placing second. Also, i believe its a toss-up between shadow punch and sneak, personally i'd go with punch because of its 100% accuracy and the lack of an evasion clause. However you do have no-guard champ to deal w/ annoying DT'rs but that switch may be costly. Lastly i may try to work in an ice attack to deal w/ pesky dragons seeing that chomp is allowed and salamences will appear every once in a while. Ok well i hope this helped, and lastly which one are you going to? I'm going to philly so i may see you there, GL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)