Post haikus

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
A bunch of haikus:
Realised, could be one too
So these are for you
I have a hard test
I need to do my best, yes
But my brain is dead
Above me wilted
Leaves; green, yellow, brown, Autumn
Colours are tilted
Sand, the ocean floor
Seashells by the ancient shore
Pieces, rock and more
Bright like a lantern
Breaking down the bars at night
Freedom in the light
Have to keep confined
Make it look straight and aligned
Keeping all lies twined

take a deep breath
a chill fills my nose
winter is coming

i'm doing anything
i see a dog
look at that dog it's so cute

marigold beds
undressed of their flowers
await white blankets

giant-ass crickets
chillin' with their gangly legs in my basement
die motherfucker

take a deep breath
a chill fills my nose
winter is coming

i'm doing anything
i see a dog
look at that dog it's so cute

marigold beds
undressed of their flowers
await white blankets

giant-ass crickets
chillin' with their gangly legs in my basement
die motherfucker
Those are not haikus.
This is a thread for haikus.
You'll get it next time.

Those are not haikus.
This is a thread for haikus.
You'll get it next time.
My friend, you have just activated my trap card. Now it is you who is the fool.

source: https://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/rules-for-writing-haiku.html

What is a haiku? It is a three-line, beautifully descriptive, form of poetry, intended to be read in one breath. If read in Japanese, most traditional haiku would have five syllables, or sounds, in the first line, seven in the second, and five in the last. The Academy of American Poets asserts, "As the form evolved, many of these rules - including the 5-7-5 practice - have routinely been broken. However, the philosophy of haiku has been preserved: the focus on a brief moment in time; a use of provocative, colorful images; an ability to be read in one breath; and a sense of sudden enlightenment and illumination."

Michael Dylan Welch, Adjunct Poetry Professor for the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts shares this sentiment, stating, "Most Western literary haiku poets have rejected the 5-7-5- syllable pattern. ...The poem gains its energy by the intuitive or emotional leap that occurs in the space between the poem's two parts, in the gap of what's deliberately left out. ...The art of haiku lies in creating exactly that gap, in leaving something out, and in dwelling in the cut that divides the haiku into its two energizing parts."

Haiku poetry traditionally discusses abstract subjects or those from the natural world, including seasons, months, animals, and even the smallest elements of nature, down to a blade of grass or a drop of dew.

While a haiku does not have to cover natural subjects anymore, it is most often used as a celebration of nature. And although modern haiku still focus on simple yet sensory language that creates a brief moment in time and a sense of illumination, the structure can be looser and traditional rules ignored.

So whether you choose to play by the traditional rules for writing haiku or go freeform is entirely up to you.

Get creative writing classed, bitch.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My friend, you have just activated my trap card. Now it is you who is the fool.

source: https://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/rules-for-writing-haiku.html

What is a haiku? It is a three-line, beautifully descriptive, form of poetry, intended to be read in one breath. If read in Japanese, most traditional haiku would have five syllables, or sounds, in the first line, seven in the second, and five in the last. The Academy of American Poets asserts, "As the form evolved, many of these rules - including the 5-7-5 practice - have routinely been broken. However, the philosophy of haiku has been preserved: the focus on a brief moment in time; a use of provocative, colorful images; an ability to be read in one breath; and a sense of sudden enlightenment and illumination."

Michael Dylan Welch, Adjunct Poetry Professor for the Northwest Institute of Literary Arts shares this sentiment, stating, "Most Western literary haiku poets have rejected the 5-7-5- syllable pattern. ...The poem gains its energy by the intuitive or emotional leap that occurs in the space between the poem's two parts, in the gap of what's deliberately left out. ...The art of haiku lies in creating exactly that gap, in leaving something out, and in dwelling in the cut that divides the haiku into its two energizing parts."

Haiku poetry traditionally discusses abstract subjects or those from the natural world, including seasons, months, animals, and even the smallest elements of nature, down to a blade of grass or a drop of dew.

While a haiku does not have to cover natural subjects anymore, it is most often used as a celebration of nature. And although modern haiku still focus on simple yet sensory language that creates a brief moment in time and a sense of illumination, the structure can be looser and traditional rules ignored.

So whether you choose to play by the traditional rules for writing haiku or go freeform is entirely up to you.

Get creative writing classed, bitch.
Wow what a cool fact
You must be fun to hang with
We’re just having fun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)