Rejected Private chat room / command room

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated previously, I frequently used /mgc as a quiet space to use search commands. Now that /mgc is restricted to room staff (because gross people ruin good things for everyone), it would be greatly appreciated if there was some way to have a room that would private to the user and could not be shared with anyone else. I'm think this was suggested at some point in the past (maybe by me?) and the response was "just use /makegroupchat" (I'm pretty sure this was where I learned about the feature). Since that is no longer an option, I think the idea should be revisited.

Just PM the 'user' ~ - that's mainly what that's for.
Not only do I have no idea what that means (I tried a few permutations of /pm ~ - and nothing happened) roundabout methods like /makegroupchat and PMing some random fake account are poor substitutes to what should be a basic and straightforward feature.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Not only do I have no idea what that means (I tried a few permutations of /pm ~ - and nothing happened) roundabout methods like /makegroupchat and PMing some random fake account are poor substitutes to what should be a basic and straightforward feature.
Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 5.08.01 PM.png

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
This also really isn't basic and straightforward - it would be annoying enough to change the code to block invites yet still make it an actual room that I see no benefit over just doing it in a chatroom, then closing and rejoining when you're done.

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I actually think this would be great. I frequently create tour codes for AG OMs, using groupchats to test out the codes just to ensure I entered everything correctly without typoes. Not having this ability kinda sucks and I can't get these codes another way since I'm not roomstaff.
E: to clarify, I just use these to make sure the tournament can start without exploding, not that the banlist is actually right.

This also really isn't basic and straightforward - it would be annoying enough to change the code to block invites yet still make it an actual room that I see no benefit over just doing it in a chatroom, then closing and rejoining when you're done.
"Basic and straightforward" was more referring to the user experience. You know how Sword and Shield gets a lot of flack for hiding its volume options behind some random NPC? It's like that.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
An idea for a workaround would be having PMs expand to the size of a standard chatroom if the user wished.

Although this wouldnt help geyser's issue, it is something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)