Programming Private Server with Mechanic Modifications

Can't wait to play this. Losing to the RNG, not the opponent is really stupid imo (+2 Kingdra getting frozen by Suicune's Ice Beam oh yes).

I'd say freezes and crits should be removed altogether, and the full paralysis bs should be as well.

I think all chances of 10% or lower need to be removed (not counting secondary effects from elemental fangs or Tri Attack). Rock Slide always hits (there is no other 100% accurate physical rock move besides 50 BP Knock Down, unfortunately).

Also, if Blizzard/Thunder/Focus Blast/etc. is made 100% accurate, I think the secondary effect chance needs to be the original secondary effect chance*the original accuracy of the move. For example, Zap Cannon may be 100% accurate, but only have a 50% chance to paralyze, not making it completely broken (70BP 100% chance to paralyze!?).

All moves, items and abilities that only introduce hax should be banned, obviously. (Brightpowder, Double Team, Minimize, Inconsistent, Acupressure, King's Rock, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, Lax Incense, Razor Fang, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak, Focus Band, etc. if there is anything else) However, we may need to work around some abilities, like Sand Veil/Snow cloak lowers HP dealt by 20% in Sand/Hail, respectively.

Speed ties should be like in Aldaron's thread (both pokemon move simultaneously, not being affected by the opponent's move until both are executed, assuming equal priority).

Also, we need to get rid of regular shinies. The chance of getting one is so small. :P

sorry if this is a troll but

let's get this straight cat, you don't have a fair grasp of programming

high school didn't do shit for you

edit: by the way, i'm not 100% certain, but assuming you're planning on using PO scripts i don't think most of what you're looking to do is possible at the moment

another edit: the reason why is that PO doesn't really allow for in-battle scripting; you can't even do basic stuff like chat formatting (think commands like !join or !rank) with battles, at least with the code they have documented on the main site

A lot of this stuff is doable by editing the server move files (changing accuracy / secondary effects / flinch / power / etc) and minor edits in the source (one line to remove CHs, one line to remove full paralysis). This has nothing to do with the client though, there's really nothing to change client side.

Let's see where you take us ^^

woah you can actually view the source

man it would've been awesome for that to be mentioned, like, anywhere

now i can actually do stuff

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
woah you can actually view the source

man it would've been awesome for that to be mentioned, like, anywhere

now i can actually do stuff
Here is the source. And my suggestion is to remove all luck elements altogether, including secondary effects, random damage rolls, different sleep lengths, abilities which activate only sometimes, full para, confusion, moves which miss (probably best to do base power times accuracy, and have things like Thunder and Blizzard boosted to their usual power in Rain/Hail), Evasion, luck items and all that. Make somewhere that a player cannot complain about hax because there is none. Then whenever someone haxragequits, we can send them there.

Just posting to give my opinion on Serene Grace. I think it would make a lot of sense to change it to making the secondary effect ALWAYS happen on turn one, such as Iron Head always flinching first turn, then from there have the probabilities calculated as a non-serene grace pokemon would.

Just posting to give my opinion on Serene Grace. I think it would make a lot of sense to change it to making the secondary effect ALWAYS happen on turn one, such as Iron Head always flinching first turn, then from there have the probabilities calculated as a non-serene grace pokemon would.
Then iron head would be a Stab 160 base power move from jirachi.

You sir, just took the hard work of making an entire simulator without hax (and other stuff :P) off my back. Any help you need, PM.

Personally not too fussed about the idea, it's cool and all but just not my thing.

I do however have a suggestion for crits. Instead of removing the crit function altogether, you could simply lower the chance of all crits happening by the default crit rate. Crits would normally be impossible, pokemon holding scope lens or with a crit boosting ability would have the normal 6.25% chance of critting, as a fairly unique benefit in the otherwise critless meta. Implementing crit damage idk about, but this is a possibility for the chance side of things.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It seems like if you are going to do this, you should do it all the way, not "Eliminate all luck, except for in a couple of cases". You're already going extreme, so you should stick to that goal and not randomly compromise (and definitely not randomly add in elements of luck in some places, like making moves with secondary effects lose accuracy).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)