[Program] !v1.1 LIVE! Forum Assist; Tool for assisting clear and concise listing of Pokemon.

What should be worked on next?

• Option for use of previous gen sprites.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • More formatting options.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Small housekeeping changes such as only allowing "Mega" to be checked for Pokemon with a mega form.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other: (Please state below).

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing around a while, I can see that this tool is incredible. I'm in the process of perfecting my custom format, and it couldn't be simpler.

For potential future features, I can see use for a "Level" selector/drop-down sub-menu (RNGs, Battle-ready 'mons), "Nickname" field, or even a "Pokedex number" check-box (or similar) to coincide with the species (for easy ctrl+F).

Just some thoughts. Really, the custom format feature is really all that is needed - anything extra is simply that ;)

Blu you forgot the the move Feint, when I was looking for it in the moves it's not there. Not that it's a big deal, I can just type it in myself.

edit* Bubble is also not on the list

Last edited:
Blu you forgot the the move Feint, when I was looking for it in the moves it's not there. Not that it's a big deal, I can just type it in myself.

edit* Bubble is also not on the list
I'd believe the issue here is that the moves are listed in the order they were coded into the games, (by their respective hex values to be more accurate) and the move "Feint Attack" comes before "Feint", so the application corrects to "Feint Attack" first. I can easily fix this by sorting the movies by their spelling instead.

(Same case with Bubble and Bubble Beam I assume).

I toyed around with it for a little bit tonight, and I fell in love with it! I must say, you did an amazing job with the program, and I didn't experience Lossy(s?) Which sometimes happens with the newer stuff :D Yay! I'm currently using my Cray, which could affect the overall run time, but it could more or less just be me.

~(I did a little bit of encoding on it to speed up a thing or two, and also to improve it a little. But I'll add that in later)~

Question! If you were to chose between Scheme, and Serial, which would you prefer as an encryption? (Which language, essentially. I could also toy around with the C series if you want to see different options for the binary side of things.)

I'd believe the issue here is that the moves are listed in the order they were coded into the games, (by their respective hex values to be more accurate) and the move "Feint Attack" comes before "Feint", so the application corrects to "Feint Attack" first. I can easily fix this by sorting the movies by their spelling instead.

(Same case with Bubble and Bubble Beam I assume).
That's what I thought, was confused on why those two where omitted.

I toyed around with it for a little bit tonight, and I fell in love with it! I must say, you did an amazing job with the program, and I didn't experience Lossy(s?) Which sometimes happens with the newer stuff :D Yay! I'm currently using my Cray, which could affect the overall run time, but it could more or less just be me.

~(I did a little bit of encoding on it to speed up a thing or two, and also to improve it a little. But I'll add that in later)~

Question! If you were to chose between Scheme, and Serial, which would you prefer as an encryption? (Which language, essentially. I could also toy around with the C series if you want to see different options for the binary side of things.)
I suppose it depends on what's being encrypted =P.

I suppose it depends on what's being encrypted =P.
They were just basic things to fix certain "spots" (idk. I can't describe it.) on the spriting, move listings, and also to fix a certain part of the frame that made it a little difficult for me. (Actually, I have no idea what I fixed last night in regards to the frame work, I would have to check the old file and look around. OH! And do you mind me messing with it? I know it's your baby)

They were just basic things to fix certain "spots" (idk. I can't describe it.) on the spriting, move listings, and also to fix a certain part of the frame that made it a little difficult for me. (Actually, I have no idea what I fixed last night in regards to the frame work, I would have to check the old file and look around. OH! And do you mind me messing with it? I know it's your baby)
Yeah, do whatever you want with it, I needa make lots of optimization changes myself still.

A couple of suggestions I would like to see (and programming notes as well) are:

• When Typing into any drop down you may want to restrict the fact that anything can be typed into the boxes. I tested this with the fact that I could type "None" into the attack boxes and your program accepted this and formatted it accordingly.
    • Also adding something into the drop downs for attacks to list when a pokemon doesn't have 4 attacks.
  • I'd like the ability to enter in the IV's of my pokemon rather than have the standard drop down spreads you have listed.
  • "I will probably edit this list as I play with your software more and think of other things"

None the less...awesome program....and I look forward to the possibility of importing in KeySav2 data into the interface for trade thread creations....

I wanted to suggest adding a textbox for level and also an option to include the Nat Dex number. Even with a custom format you haven't included a nat dex no. tag, so people will have to change the number for every pokemon.
Also have you open sourced it yet? If yes where can I find it and if no do you plan to do so?

A couple of suggestions I would like to see (and programming notes as well) are:

• When Typing into any drop down you may want to restrict the fact that anything can be typed into the boxes. I tested this with the fact that I could type "None" into the attack boxes and your program accepted this and formatted it accordingly.
    • Also adding something into the drop downs for attacks to list when a pokemon doesn't have 4 attacks.
  • I'd like the ability to enter in the IV's of my pokemon rather than have the standard drop down spreads you have listed.
  • "I will probably edit this list as I play with your software more and think of other things"

None the less...awesome program....and I look forward to the possibility of importing in KeySav2 data into the interface for trade thread creations....
You can already enter custom IVs by just entering into the text boxes, the presets are purely for convenience, you don't have to use them at all if you don't want to.

What if someone wanted to write "None" into an attack box? =P. I think 2 of your concerns somewhat oppose each other.

I wanted to suggest adding a textbox for level and also an option to include the Nat Dex number. Even with a custom format you haven't included a nat dex no. tag, so people will have to change the number for every pokemon.
Also have you open sourced it yet? If yes where can I find it and if no do you plan to do so?
I'll add a nat dex tag next update.
It's not open source yet, but maybe when I complete the program it will be

You can already enter custom IVs by just entering into the text boxes, the presets are purely for convenience, you don't have to use them at all if you don't want to.

What if someone wanted to write "None" into an attack box? =P. I think 2 of your concerns somewhat oppose each other.

Odd...I must have done something incorrect when I was inputting IV's when I was playing with the program earlier. I will take another look and make sure it wasn't just user error :).

May I suggest having an option to change the sprites that are used? I use icons such as this one instead of sprites:

If that is possible to have an option to use those instead of the sprites you have now that would be awesome! Really love the program so far and it does make adding Pokemon so much more easier! :)

Ok, I've tried that and I can suggest a few things.

I wanted to try this program and use my Venusaur for this, just totally random.

[Venusaur goes here]

Timid | Overgrow |

31/31/31/31/31/31
Venusaur
Sleep Powder | Leaf Storm | Sludge Bomb | Hidden Power
Non-Redis

This is what I got. Not really complete if you ask me, this Venusaur is EV trained and there is no option of EV's. Also, the IV spread is 31/31/31/30/30/31. No matter which option I pick, I can't insert my own IV's. Am I doing something wrong or is there something not working as it should?
This a custom format you put together, correct? Or just copy+pasted from your thread? If the former, it looks like you messed up the portion for the IVs if it really is supposed to be 30 in Sp.Atk and Sp.Def. Wherever you want your IVs to go, you'll need an [IVS] tag - don't forget that it's case sensitive.

If you want, copy and paste your custom format (or PM me, your choice) for us to see.

The EVs would be a great feature, but it's not that much trouble to add them manually - not every 'mon in a thread would be trained. Perhaps Blu can add this feature on the next update. *hint hint*

No this is what I made with the custom format feature. Placed some dots to show the entire code.

[.CENTER][SPRITE][BALL]
[NATURE] | [ABILITY] | [GENDER]
[IVS]
[.B][SPECIES][/.B]
[MOVE1] | [MOVE2] | [MOVE3] | [MOVE4]
[REDIS][/.CENTER]

There are some presets for Hidden Power, but not for HP Ground and a few others
I don't see the problem, then. When inputting the IVs, keep it on "Default" and manually change the IVs to what you need - the program will do the rest. The preset HPs are just that, presets, and are there for convenience. Oh, and some HPs have multiple usable spreads, and would otherwise clutter-up the presets if included.

Also, you can keep the formatting the way it is by starting and ending with [PLAIN][/PLAIN] tags.

[CENTER][SPRITE][BALL]
[IVS]
[B][SPECIES][/B]
[REDIS][/CENTER]

May I suggest having an option to change the sprites that are used? I use icons such as this one instead of sprites:

If that is possible to have an option to use those instead of the sprites you have now that would be awesome! Really love the program so far and it does make adding Pokemon so much more easier! :)
I can absolutely add more options, I just need access to the source you use to get those icons.

More format options please. From the 3 that I've seen so far I only like the third one, a little. You need any help making more options?
First of all I want to say thanks for trying the software!
Yep, any help is much appreciated =).

Ok, I've tried that and I can suggest a few things.

I wanted to try this program and use my Venusaur for this, just totally random.

Timid | Overgrow |

31/31/31/31/31/31
Venusaur
Sleep Powder | Leaf Storm | Sludge Bomb | Hidden Power
Non-Redis

This is what I got. Not really complete if you ask me, this Venusaur is EV trained and there is no option of EV's. Also, the IV spread is 31/31/31/30/30/31. No matter which option I pick, I can't insert my own IV's. Am I doing something wrong or is there something not working as it should?
This is partly an issue with this release of the software, as I check the IV text boxes after writing to the string, which is an issue on my behalf and is fixed in 1.2. A workaround is to click the create button twice, and it should generate correctly. Sorry about this.

EV spreads will also be in the next version, it's quite commonly requested. The issue is tying to balance interface clutter with options.

I don't see the problem, then. When inputting the IVs, keep it on "Default" and manually change the IVs to what you need - the program will do the rest. The preset HPs are just that, presets, and are there for convenience. Oh, and some HPs have multiple usable spreads, and would otherwise clutter-up the presets if included.

Also, you can keep the formatting the way it is by starting and ending with [PLAIN][/PLAIN] tags.

[CENTER][SPRITE][BALL]
[IVS]
[B][SPECIES][/B]
[REDIS][/CENTER]
Thanks for helping out =).

Quick preview of 1.2, which I hope to release this weekend. Moved this interface to a tab, and made extra tabs for more options. I expect the Nickname and EV spread boxes to be functional on next release, and Possibly the RMT option as well. If anyone is willing to point me to a list of all the pokemon with alternate forms, I'd appreciate that.

Thanks for the reply, I'd like to help a bit so if you need it, let me know. ^^

Also, nice to know about the EV part, that's really nice! I'm not sure if this really adds something to your tool, but when I have an UT Pokémon in my thread, I only list Bulbasaur, for instance. When I clone it and EV train it, I also list Ivysaur and Venusaur, so I have the whole evo-line, with ball, with choice of UT and EV trained. Something you consider adding in version 4.2?
The ability to show the whole evolution line in one listing?
I'd be able to offer the user multiple sprites which will emulate this, however making it automatically detect the evolution line would be quite challenging to do.

I can absolutely add more options, I just need access to the source you use to get those icons.
I use the icons from serebii. The link to the Eevee is this: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/133.png If you just change the national dex number it'll become that Pokemon. Is that what you meant for the source? I also found some alternate form icons for Vivillon that look like this:

I also seen that you said you need the KeySAV data to be able to implement that into the program. What exactly do you need for that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)