Tournament PSPL VI Playoffs: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by: LifeisDANK

Welcome to the semifinals of the Pokemon Showdown Premier League VI playoffs!

The top two from each group has advanced to the playoffs. From here, the matches will be conducted in knockout format until a winner is decided in the finals, with the succession being top 16 -> quarterfinals -> semifinals -> finals. Here's the bracket.

Replays are encouraged but not mandatory. For following weeks, if managers don't submit any changes to us, the lineups will stay the same throughout the tournament.

All basic tournament rules apply. Please take a moment to read these, ESPECIALLY if you are new to forum tournaments.
  • Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to us hosts. This includes spectators in battles as well, using /modchat + as the player in a battle should stop such if it happens. The punishment for this could be a forum infraction or disqualification. Think before you type, please.
  • Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, We'll have to make some activity calls - We'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. If neither party makes an activity post, we'll declare unplayed games as dead games. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry. If they lack a Smogon account, be vigilant as far as contacting them on PS goes.
  • Disconnections and timer: A timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.
  • Substitutions: Managers, you're free to sub in players for inactive ones for room auth or a non-auth if you have a slot available. Substitutions have to be made by a manager or a room owner.
Deadline: Sunday, June 24th 11:59PM EST (GMT-4) - fewer games so shorter deadline. Let me know if it's too short though. Would rather avoid act calls at this stage.

Reminder: Random Battle follows a best-of-three format
If there is an issue or an error please contact Kalalokki, nui, or myself. Thanks

PU
(5) vs. (1) UnderUsed

Managers
: Haund + Anty -- Shiba + Killintime
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
USM Random Battle (Best of 3): Anty vs. Hikari
USM OU: Snou vs. Shiba
USM UU: HJAD vs Kink
USM RU: Robert Alfons[/USER] vs. Sage
USM NU: Teddeh vs. TSR
USM Ubers: LordST vs. bebo7788
USM Little Cup: Tricking vs. Bushtush
USM Monotype: TJ vs. Pak

Ruins of Alph
(1) vs. (6) Chess

Managers
: CZ. + Drud -- blalib + Ango
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
USM Random Battle (Best of 3): tjdaas vs. blalib
USM OU: CZ. vs. Reverb
USM UU: xJoelituh vs. Clefable (Mengy)
USM RU: dom vs. Yveltal321 (Umbra Aura)
USM NU: Roseybear vs. Twixtry
USM Ubers: Ransei vs. Knuckstrike (Fireeee)
USM Little Cup: Drud vs. Gyslexic Duy
USM Monotype: Dj Breloominati♬ (Spitfire Arcanine) vs. ToadNorton

Last edited by a moderator:

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
To make sure the semi-finals are hax free and to make it as fair as possible, the managers have agreed for the remaining 8 matches to be played as chess matches rather than Sun&Moon. We hope this doesn't affect the integrity of the competition, and we wish the other team good luck.
OU, RU, ubers and LC will be playing white.

To make sure the semi-finals are hax free and to make it as fair as possible, the managers have agreed for the remaining 8 matches to be played as chess matches rather than Sun&Moon. We hope this doesn't affect the integrity of the competition, and we wish the other team good luck.
I 2nd this as ROA's manager. I have beaten most of Chess' room in 10+5 games already so we're 6-0 up as of now. Please update hosts. Thanks in advance.

On a side note: Fewer games isn't a good excuse for less time to do matches, this just means less prep time and worse quality of matches. If this is going to remain, please be loose with the extension rules as quite a few of the ROA team (And I think chess as well) are a little bit older and have full-time commitments. With some large differences in timezones included, this makes finding time in just a few days quite difficult. Especially if we don't have Sunday free.

Last edited:

Eyan

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I 2nd this as ROA's manager. I have beaten most of Chess' room in 10+5 games already so we're 6-0 up as of now. Please update hosts. Thanks in advance.

On a side note: Fewer games isn't a good excuse for less time to do matches, this just means less prep time and worse quality of matches. If this is going to remain, please be loose with the extension rules as quite a few of the ROA team (And I think chess as well) are a little bit older and have full-time commitments. With some large differences in timezones included, this makes finding time in just a few days quite difficult. Especially if we don't have Sunday free.
Sure. Last week people complained about the deadline being too long, and I hate ending weeks on a Wednesday since most people aren't as available on weekdays, which is why I shortened it, but I'm open to pushing the deadline back where necessary.

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
I'm sorry? To make it fair and hax free? I have a better option, each team selects a player and plays a best-of-one series against the other team in RBY OU, with a 5 min chess timer.
I think this is the best way for both teams have a bit advantage over the other one, RoA can show their true colors in the real Pokemon format and chess has.. its timer ! And also, we could play with RB sprites instead, this way we have our white and black pieces.

Jokes aside, I contacted my opponent and hopefully we will playing Friday night or Saturday

Eyan

I'll make this official then. I'm pushing the deadline to the following Sunday, the 24th of June, 11:59 PM GMT - 4. There should be no reason to not be able to finish the games by then outside of serious timezone issues. Try to do it ASAP tho.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Having trouble scheduling with CZ. He was busy all weekend, and I am trying to schedule for the following weekdays, but he has not given me a firm time.

Reverb

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Calling activity on CZ. i offered numerous times, including 6am my time as well as late at night my time. I have not heard from CZ since Saturday and he never even tentatively agreed to one of the many times I offered.

Edit:

Also offered literally any time on Sunday.

blalib

Last edited:

Eyan

Why am I seeing an act post on a Monday? It's only been a little more than a day since his last response when he's been pretty active so chill out. Offering multiple times mean nothing when there's no agreement, esp if he legitimately can't make it (couldn't make it Sunday, can't realistically do midnight onwards his time, and hasn't actually seen your 6am your time suggestion). If that were the case, he would be fine just by suggesting an absurd 3am or so time to you.

If he really does not respond anymore, then sure feel free to call for act later although the ideal solution is still asking for a sub, but when it's just 2 people's timezones not meshing, I'm likely to force a double sub. No way I can grant activity under these circumstances.

Reverb

Why am I seeing an act post on a Monday? It's only been a little more than a day since his last response when he's been pretty active so chill out. Offering multiple times mean nothing when there's no agreement, esp if he legitimately can't make it (couldn't make it Sunday, can't realistically do midnight onwards his time, and hasn't actually seen your 6am your time suggestion). If that were the case, he would be fine just by suggesting an absurd 3am or so time to you.

If he really does not respond anymore, then sure feel free to call for act later although the ideal solution is still asking for a sub, but when it's just 2 people's timezones not meshing, I'm likely to force a double sub. No way I can grant activity under these circumstances.
What is the deadline then; because the OP says June 17

Eyan

What is the deadline then; because the OP says June 17
I'll take the L for not updating the OP, but I extended it to the 24th as with post 9.
I'll make this official then. I'm pushing the deadline to the following Sunday, the 24th of June, 11:59 PM GMT - 4. There should be no reason to not be able to finish the games by then outside of serious timezone issues. Try to do it ASAP tho.

Hi there guys, can anyone from the UU team please fetch me TSR - we scheduled for 55 minutes ago and it's cutting a huge chunk out of my evening waiting around for him when i would very much like to get on with other things. If you would be so kind to either fetch him / sub someone in, that'd be awesome. I'll try and reschedule if necessary but if all else fails, consider this an activity call

Hi there guys, can anyone from the UU team please fetch me TSR - we scheduled for 55 minutes ago and it's cutting a huge chunk out of my evening waiting around for him when i would very much like to get on with other things. If you would be so kind to either fetch him / sub someone in, that'd be awesome. I'll try and reschedule if necessary but if all else fails, consider this an activity call
I’m gonna have to dispute this, I thought I made it clear enough that I probably couldn’t make it at the time teddeh wanted to play because I had to get ready to go to work and would be late if I play after 9 his time (why I originally suggested 8). I can play same time tomorrow and Thursday-Saturday completely free afaik, half a week from deadline when we scheduled on Sunday two days ago is a little early for an activity call, right?

Reactions: hs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)