Tournament PSPL X Group Stages: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
calling act, waited an hour after scheduled time with no response after being unresponsive all week. also very busy tomorrow with a family event (sis graduation)
View attachment 425228
completely aside from you knowing that tazz is still around (little weird you included that in your post but whatever), it'd have been nice if you reached out to one of the LC managers so they could maybe get a sub in sometime before you had to leave for the night at 8pm. since that's an option in teamtours. hell, anybody on the team would've been better than nobody since there's decent odds we could've found tazz and made him remember the game.

completely aside from you knowing that tazz is still around (little weird you included that in your post but whatever), it'd have been nice if you reached out to one of the LC managers so they could maybe get a sub in sometime before you had to leave for the night at 8pm. since that's an option in teamtours. hell, anybody on the team would've been better than nobody since there's decent odds we could've found tazz and made him remember the game.
Yeah I completely understand how my actions may have come off as passive aggressive. I was just a little frustrated from a lack of response for the majority of the week and then a rather nonchalant "oops I forgot" an hour after scheduled time. I was in LC room on PS for the majority of the hour + like 10ish minutes before the scheduled time, and I did not see a manager online throughout the whole time. I wasn't aware of any other LC teammates being online on PS, but there could have been as I am not very familiar with LC room or even the Smogon website/ competitive battling. Sorry if my actions came off as impolite, but I was kinda in a bit of a scramble this week with things like finals, putting together summer plans, etc. and my sister's graduation tomorrow. Just felt that there wasn't much of an effort on the opposing side to at least try to get it done at a reasonable time, so I waited an hour (longer than some have before). I hope you can understand.

Yeah I completely understand how my actions may have come off as passive aggressive. I was just a little frustrated from a lack of response for the majority of the week and then a rather nonchalant "oops I forgot" an hour after scheduled time. I was in LC room on PS for the majority of the hour + like 10ish minutes before the scheduled time, and I did not see a manager online throughout the whole time. I wasn't aware of any other LC teammates being online on PS, but there could have been as I am not very familiar with LC room or even the Smogon website/ competitive battling. Sorry if my actions came off as impolite, but I was kinda in a bit of a scramble this week with things like finals, putting together summer plans, etc. and my sister's graduation tomorrow. Just felt that there wasn't much of an effort on the opposing side to at least try to get it done at a reasonable time, so I waited an hour (longer than some have before). I hope you can understand.
usually in team tours you contact the other manager if someone doesn’t show up rather than staying online for an hour. Most people don’t hang around on PS and are contactable via discord. I remain available for the rest of the night if you actually want to get this done.

not sure if this tour falls under normal team tour rules where you have to give the other team a chance to sub but making some attempt to reach out to the other captains (or anyone on the team) before calling act is some bare minimum stuff, especially if you suddenly have 0 sunday availability.

Also given your ability to make posts in this thread it seems you remain available tonight lol

Last edited:
usually in team tours you contact the other manager if someone doesn’t show up rather than staying online for an hour. Most people don’t hang around on PS and are contactable via discord. I remain available for the rest of the night if you actually want to get this done.

not sure if this tour falls under normal team tour rules where you have to give the other team a chance to sub but making some attempt to reach out to the other captains (or anyone on the team) before calling act is some bare minimum stuff, especially if you suddenly have 0 sunday availability.

Also given your ability to make posts in this thread it seems you remain available tonight lol
Hey, just coming back on because I have been alerted about this rather aggressive response to my plain candor. From the header for this thread the activity rules are, as stated:
  • Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, We'll have to make some activity calls - We'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. If neither party makes an activity post, we'll declare unplayed games as dead games. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry.
I contacted you the Monday after the new thread was created and it took multiple days (and a follow up post) to even get an initial response. I stated the days I would be open (which did not include Sunday because a graduation isn't suddenly planned in a day). You then agreed to the time at which we would battle. I got online early, checked smogon and PS to see if you were online. I waited and waited and waited. I even posted on your smogon wall at the time at which we were supposed to battle. I believe I was being reasonable by waiting an hour. My time began to run thin as I am a busy person and make plans. This battle was fit into a schedule, and now I am deviating from this schedule creating more inconvenience due to less sleep tonight. I do not appreciate how this situation has become rather nasty. I treated you with ample respect. I was hoping that respect would be reciprocated. In your words, I believe it is "some bare minimum stuff" to be respectful.

Hey, just coming back on because I have been alerted about this rather aggressive response to my plain candor. From the header for this thread the activity rules are, as stated:
  • Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, We'll have to make some activity calls - We'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. If neither party makes an activity post, we'll declare unplayed games as dead games. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry.
I contacted you the Monday after the new thread was created and it took multiple days (and a follow up post) to even get an initial response. I stated the days I would be open (which did not include Sunday because a graduation isn't suddenly planned in a day). You then agreed to the time at which we would battle. I got online early, checked smogon and PS to see if you were online. I waited and waited and waited. I even posted on your smogon wall at the time at which we were supposed to battle. I believe I was being reasonable by waiting an hour. My time began to run thin as I am a busy person and make plans. This battle was fit into a schedule, and now I am deviating from this schedule creating more inconvenience due to less sleep tonight. I do not appreciate how this situation has become rather nasty. I treated you with ample respect. I was hoping that respect would be reciprocated. In your words, I believe it is "some bare minimum stuff" to be respectful.
I think that this is just inexperience with team tours on your part, I was simply pointing out the normal procedure. Most team tournaments on smogon have different act standards than individuals, it's up to the hosts which standard they'll follow (I'd understand either way). I don’t think I’ve been nasty here (despite this being borderline act scumming), just dont quite understand how you have the time to respond here yet refuse to play the game. If you ‘came back on’ to write all that, you clearly were available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)