Psyco Drills (cool title I know)

Iron Head, Gyro Ball, Iron Head

IF Larvitar uses Protect, use Reflect, but not on consecutive actions.
IF Larvitar is in the evasive stage of a D/E move when you would move, use Reflect on the first instance, Substitute (20) on the second instance, and Swords Dance on the third instance.

ZhengTann, could you please follow standard protocol and tag Psyco_Josho and I at the end of the reffing post?

EDIT in response to Psyco: so No Guard lets you hit pokemon that you cannot see for whatever reason (underground, under water, etc.)?

Last edited:
And in response to epicdrill: Yes, No Guard does in fact allow you to hit Pokémon when it would make no logical sense.

NDA said:
This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. As a result, it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when an OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally, even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefited by No Guard; they will have their normal accuracy.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
epicdrill, I am not aware that it is standard protocol. AFAIK it's usually people check their own matches for updates (which I do even despite my recently unavailable schedule).

epicdrill's team: AX

HP: 72
En: 93
Spe: 30 (-)
Ranks: 5/6/2/2
Stats: N/A
Other: N/A

Psyco Josho's team: XA

HP: 90
En: 100
Spe: 41
Ranks: 3/1/3/2

Arena: ASB Standard Arena​

Oddly, even with the all-powerful Earthquake attacks at his disposal, Rocky-Larvitar can't seem to compete with Shielscabbard's feinting skills, going on an Iron Defensive most of the time. Despite that, Shielscabbard's revolving Gyro Ball smashes through, following up with Iron Heads that deal recoil due to PJ's defensive play. With epicdrill at a heavy advantage, nect round's the one to end them all!

Action 1:
Larvitar used Iron Defense!
Larvitar's Defense increased!
Stat changes: +2 Def (Larvitar)
-7 energy

Doublade used Iron Head!

RNG Roll (PAR) [<=2000 PAR]: 4339/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 8087/10000 (NO)
[8+3+(7.5-1.5)]*1.5-(2*2) = 21.5 damage (Larvitar) ~ -5.375 HP (Doublade)
-5 energy

Action 2:
Larvitar used Earthquake!
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 4337/10000 (NO)
[10+3+(4.5-9)]*1.5 = 12.75 damage (Doublade)
-6 energy

Doubklade used Gyro Ball!

RNG Roll (PAR) [<=2000 PAR]: 3469/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 2246/10000 (NO)
[8+3+(7.5-1.5)]*1.5-(2*2) = 21.5 damage (Larvitar)
-6 energy

Action 3:
Larvitar used Iron Defense!
Larvitar's Defense increased!
Stat changes: +4 Def (Larvitar)
-7 energy

Doublade used Iron Head!

RNG Roll (PAR) [<=2000 PAR]: 3821/10000 (NO)
RNG Roll (CRIT) [<=625 CRIT]: 8301/10000 (NO)
[8+3+(7.5-1.5)]*1.5-(4*2) = 17.5 damage (Larvitar) ~ -4.375 HP (Doublade)
-5 energy

Post Action:
Status changes: PAR 15% (Doublade)

Post Round:
Doublade: -22.5 HP, -16 EN
Larvitar: -60.5 HP, -20 EN

epicdrill's team: AX

HP: 49
En: 77
Spe: 30 (-)
Ranks: 5/6/2/2

Psyco Josho's team: XA

HP: 29
En: 80
Spe: 41
Ranks: 3/1/3/2

Arena: ASB Standard Arena​

Psyco_Josho
epicdrill

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay. Treating this as a completed 2v2. PJ recieves a call and left for parts Unown, where a Fairy/Fire/Dragon triple-typed Legendary awaits. Also epicdrill, your Doublade already has 9/9 EC in OP, please inform me if that's not the case.

Rewards Bank said:
Psyco_Josho: New life and frontier!!

epicdrill: 4 CC
Doublade: 3 MC
Lucario: 3 MC

ZhengTann: 6 UC

Okay. Treating this as a completed 2v2. PJ recieves a call and left for parts Unown, where a Fairy/Fire/Dragon triple-typed Legendary awaits. Also epicdrill, your Doublade already has 9/9 EC in OP, please inform me if that's not the case.
It is 9/9 (it is now an Aegislash actually), I just waited until after this battle had started to evolve it so I could legally use it in this battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)