PU General Rules, Guidelines, and Announcements (PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
OP stolen from similar threads by Molk and Raseri

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS THE OLD PU THREAD, RULES ARE THE SAME, NEW THREAD WILL BE POSTED SOON

Hello everyone! Welcome to the PU tier, an official Other Metagame! Like any subforum, the PU forum has rules, and if you don't follow these rules at least to an extent, you are likely to receive an infraction.

The list of GLOBAL SMOGON RULES can be found here.

1) please ask an PU moderator before making a discussion thread:

I'd really like all of you to get approval from an PU moderator before creating a discussion thread. New ideas are nice, but it's usually a good idea to check in with a forum moderator before impulsively posting something that's of low quality, too similar to another project, or anything of the like. PU forum Moderators should be happy to help out with new discussions, and even if an idea isn't initially approved they might be able to help out with your thread to make it a bit more presentable before you post, which is good for you, us, and the people who will post in the thread in the future.

Currently the moderators of the PU forum are:
galbia(PU Co-Leader:pimp:)
Anty

2) do not make discussion threads about specific Pokemon:

One of the first types of threads that usually pops up in these new forums are threads about specific Pokemon. I dislike these kind of threads, they die fast and really clutter up the forum. If you want to discuss a specific pokemon in detail, try on IRC or in the np thread.

Outside of this, these two general rules should keep you out of trouble:

Stay on topic and think before you post: this forum is about PU. Be polite, even when you disagree with someone.

Look over what you write: such a forgotten step, but very important. I can't even count the number of times people are misunderstood because the way they write doesn't make their intent clear. I've seen many posts quoted for one side of a debate when in reality it was meant to be an argument for the other. Not only is double checking the content important, but so is including the context of what and why you are posting what you are. People take stuff out of context ALL THE TIME; this makes it easier for you to go back and bring up the real facts, so that no one can just cherry-pick certain points and quotes.

The PU Council consists of:

galbia
Anty
Megazard
2xTheTap
RawMelon
Teddeh
False.

Former PU Council

Join us at #pu for real time PU discussion, or on the PU Room on Pokemon Showdown!

Here are some threads to get you started:
Learn!

PU Speed Tiers - A list of all the key Speeds
Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer: PU Edition - Ask you general questions here
PU Role Compendium - A helpful list for building teams
PU Viability Rankings - Pokemon are listed by their effectiveness in PU

Participate!
PU Sample Teams - PU players generously donate their teams to help the inexperienced
The Next Best Thing: PU Edition - Cool alternate sets for a Pokemon
Battle Of The Week - PU players vote for which prominent PU players they want to see battle
PU Teambuilding Competition - PU players build a team around a given Pokemon(s)
PU CCAT - Build a team with the rest of the PU community
Creative/Underrated Sets in PU - list some creative sets for a Pokemon
Don't Use That, Use This - Downplay a poor set and suggest a better alternative
Good Cores in PU - Effective pairs or triads of Pokemon that synergize together
PU Victim of the Week - Post checks and counters to top threats in the metagame
PU: Survival of the Fittest - Two teams are matched against each other, in theory and then in practice, to see which would win
PU Replays - A compendium of PU replays

Last edited by a moderator:
Small announcement
As you might have noticed the subforum has some new shiny tags for threads.
They include pretty much any kind of actitity we will have in this subforum so be sure to use them right! (if you are not sure it is not really a problem since it takes a second to change them but me and other moderators can help you decide i guess)

A LIVE PU TOURANAMENT WILL BE HOSTED ON SMOGTOURS ON SUNDAY 1 PM EST (GMT-5)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/live-oras-pu-tour-sunday-2-pm-est.3538191/
Signups will be up in the same subforum of the thread around that time and you will sign up just like you do with Smogon Tour. It should last around 2h maximum.

I hope we can get an influx of good players and battles so stick around to have and watch some quality battles.

Last edited:
Sentite congratulazioni all'user Raiza che ha conquistato la Medaglia Community Contributor™
per il suo contributo a questo subforum!

Sincere congratulations to user Raiza who conquered the Community Contributor™ Badge
for his contributions to this subforum!

¡Sinceras felicitationes a el usario Raiza que he ganado la insigna Community Contributor™
por sus contribucciones a este subforo yayayaya!

todays suspect tour will be hosted tomorrow at the same time
sorry for the inconvenience

suspect tour is in 15 minutes.
carracosta and barbaracle are not allowed today
it will be on the main server because smogtours is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)