PU PU Ladder Tournament - Cycle 1

op stolen from here

pult.png

art by LifeisDANK

Welcome to the 2023 SV PU Ladder Tournament hosted by rien and PU Rules! In this tournament, players will compete for a top spot on the ladder, and the top 6 from each cycle will then qualify for the playoffs phase. On top of that, qualifying will yield points for the official PU Circuit, in which players will compete at the end of the year for a chance to earn the coveted
PU Circuit Champion ribbon.

To further explain the tournament, let's take a look at the separate stages.

Stage One

During this stage, everyone wishing to participate will sign up with a fresh alt starting with the week's given tag. Similarly to previous editions, your rank will reset every week and you will be asked to sign up with a new alt. In this actual laddering portion of the tournament, players will fight on the Gen 9 PU ladder, trying to claim a spot in the top 6. Those who manage to claim one of the spots will be part of the playoffs phase. The two top players of each week will be seeded in the top 8, sorted by ELO whereas everyone else will be assigned a seed from 9 to 24 depending on which ELO they finished with. The #7 and #8 of each week will be used as potential substitutes, should they be needed, and the order of substitutes is also determined by ELO. Note that qualifying seeds will be locked in on the cycle they first qualified in and will not be able to improve their seed in later cycles.

If I find out you used an already registered alt, you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Stage Two

During the first round, seeds 9-24 will face off in a single elimination, Best-of-3 SV PU bracket, while seeds 1-8 will get a bye. The initial pairings will be based on seed with the #9 seed facing the #24 seed, #10 facing #23 and so on. During the second round, seeds 1-8 will get to face the winners of round 1 in a single elimination, Best-of-3 SV PU bracket. Stage two will culminate in round 5 where the top two players will battle it out for the title of the PU Ladder Tour winner.

If you wish to participate, sign up in this thread on a fresh alt starting with the tag PULT1XP (e.g. PULT1XP rien), using the following format. All games with alts using this tag will be public

Once you've signed up with an alt, you cannot change it. Doing so will result in a disqualification from the current cycle.

Code:
Forum name: rien
Week 1 Alt: PULT1XP rien
Does my alt for Week 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes
The deadline for week 1 is Sunday, August 20th, at 06:00AM GMT-4. The laddering period starts now.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to myself or rien. Have fun laddering!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum name: Platum
Week 1 Alt: PULT1XP Platum
Does my alt for Week 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: Yup

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Forum name: Taka
Week 1 Alt: PULT1XP taka
Does my alt for Week 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)