Project PU Sample Teams (OUTDATED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread is dead. I like sample teams. Here's some more sand, partially because it's the only sample team worthy team I have right now, partially because the other two are illegal, one being demolished after the serp and glalie bans, the other is updatable but nobody wants a stall sample team let's be real. This team is also technically compatible with the current mini tour, as that's what I originally built it for. Also Montsegur, would you mind changing my XY sample team to have the creator be Megazard Z? Name changes are annoying

Sandard.stand

449.png508.png565.png326.png 114.png 064.png

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Facade

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Whirlwind

Kadabra (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Scald
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leaf Storm

Basic sand balance in ORAS PU, most of the mons are replaceable with other options but the roles always stay the same. EVs are bog standard on every single mon so I won't be going into them at all and they don't really need anything different. You have to use hippo and stoutland, so the only thing to go over there is running facade over play rough on stoutland. The team used to have ninetales over grumpig so facade helped stoutland not care about switching into scalds, but put play rough on if you want. Next I wanted SR for obvious reasons, so carracosta was chosen to get the nice sand spdef boost and cripple things with knock off, as well as stopping scarf tauros, one of the few things faster than a sand rush stoutland. Aqua jet on defensive carra is weird especially with sand, stoutland, and kadabra for killing weakened things, but it always comes in handy somehow, whereas I never missed stone edge. Possible replacements while keeping the same basic team are Piloswine and Stunfisk. A spdef mon to handle ninetales and regice which are both allowed in the minitour and basically the best special sweepers would be nice, I had ninetales originally but with no rocks support spdef grumpig came on to spread paralysis and shuffle with whirlwind. Grumpig is such an underrated mon due to lickilicky and ninetales being so popular, but grumpig has reliable phazing and thick fat, making it an excellent counter to regice, ninetales, raichu/all other electrics barring luxray, and tangela, although it can be put to sleep. Potential changes would be Lickilicky and Ninetales, although this is the only case where I consider any change to be inferior. The one issue with Grumpig+Carracosta is lack of recovery, meaning that the team relies on dealing chip damage and then nuking things with stoutland before the core becomes overloaded. To alleviate the pressure on the two, offensive tangela was brought in to actually have recovery, but not waste time with recovery moves. Standard offensive tangela is so good that not much needs to be said, but roselia is a potential replacement to rack up more chip damage with hazards, sand, and two mons with phazing. Finally the team needed a fast and strong special attacker. Kadabra was chosen for its utility of being the last stop against any rampaging sweeper, which comes into play rather often because of grumpig and carracosta's lack of recovery. Once again bog standard but very good mon, kadabra is capable of easily stealing momentum with encore and can get stoutland in safely quite a bit. HP fighting over shadow ball because preventing rocks is nice and the team was legitimately bastiodon weak if it was run with another mon to take superpowers from stoutland. Potential replacements could be anything from pursuit dodrio/tauros to create normal spam with stoutland and eliminate ghosts to LO Zebstrika (or raichu, but the team would appreciate a mon faster than sneasel) even to CB dusknoir to play around with trick and add some more powerful priority. The team has an excellent record, getting me to semis of the PU mini tour so far and winning 2 major PU tournaments in the tournaments room. It's probably not the most creative, but the basic template has become very common on the ladder, and I'd post it as an rmt if I wasn't too lazy.

Last edited:

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Smashpass

This team got me from the bottom of the ladder to 1360 currently and still climbing. The point of this team is to set-up with Huntail and either sweep or pass to Gogoat or Misdreavus (usually Gogoat) so they can sweep. Krokorok is a fantastic rocks-setter because it can taunt the opposing pokemon to keep them from setting up rocks of their own, or from defogging/rapid-spinning. It also has knock off. Rotom-F is my surprisingly bulky dual screens user, who is slow because it lets him bring in huntail safely with volt-switch. Specially offensive Gogoat is a powerhouse and my main baton-pass reciever because of its incredible defensive synergy with Huntail, and its perfect type coverage. Misdreavus is my 2nd reciever and its main purpose is to be immune to circle throw. Huntail is so good that in many matches I have smashpassed with him, and then come back and set up again for another sweep. Sucker punch works particularily well because a +2 sucker punch picks off many choice scarfers (Raichu, Zebstrika,Scyther) after stealth rock. Tauros is a typical choice scarfed user, meant to be used as a revenge-killer or late-game sweeper.

Rotom-Frost @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Sucker Punch
- Waterfall
- Baton Pass

Krokorok @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Def / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Tauros (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge

Gogoat @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Milk Drink
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Def / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Last edited:
JUMPLUFF CUTE OFFENSE (◕‿◕✿)

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Wing Attack
- Bug Bite
- Quick Attack

Raichu @ Expert Belt
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Surf / Hidden Power Ice

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- U-turn / Toxic
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Stealth Rock
- Seed Bomb

I originally built a Jumpluff team as a joke and i was surprising how useful it was early game with its Flying-type STAB and incredibly deadly Sleeping capabilities thanks to 110 Base Speed Sleep Powder so i decided to build something serious around it after Garbodor was banned and this team was born. Planning on ysing this in Slacker Tour I decided to build an offensive team with a Volt-Turn core in which every member also had some decent pivoting abilities in order to deal with bulky offense just as well as against opposing offense and with a strong win condition against stall in Ninetales. I decided to abuse Jumpluff's ability to pivot into Poliwrath and Throh quite easily that are usually troublesome for VolTurn teams since Garbodor left and then the structure of the team just came along. Expert Belt Raichu makes for an awesome combination with Scyther as i am able to freely able to spam Volt Switch to lure in Scyther Checks such as Golem to then weaken them with Grass Knot or Surf and the ability to weaken or take out Piloswine is appreciated by Jumpluff too. Pelipper is just a solid Defogger needed to substain Scyther and Jumpluff's Stealth Rock weakness and alleviating pressure from them of dealing with opposing Fighting types. It is also the closest counter to Sneasel in this team. Ninetales is a necessity versus stall and i really see no reason not to use it in PU now that Camerupt has left and Torterra is just a Stealth Rock setter that is not weak to Water and has decent lead matchups all around too but i guess Piloswine works too in that slot. Jumpluff works really well as a lead and late game with Swords Dance if you can set it up (protip it is not hard at all). So just have fun! and screw TRC the hater

Last edited:
Rain Offense
618[1].png
313.gif
419.gif
026.gif
062.gif
215.gif

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance

Volbeat (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- Roost
- U-turn

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Poliwrath @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Scald/Hidden Power Electric
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Poliwrath is one of my faivroite mons in the tier due to it being able to take on any role you would like, which led me to build a rain team around him. The team is fairly simple with Volbeat being a main lead to setup rain while holding Damp Rock, lock the opponent into an unfavorable move, and U-Turn on the switch out. Stunfist is my Scyther check, rock setter, secondary rain setter, and one of my most reliable switch ins to electric types. Poliwrath and Floatzel are both our Swift Swim abusers that can do some serious damage with their hard hitting STAB water moves. Floatzel runs a Bulk Up set to setup on mons that get move locked by Encore with Crunch to his ghost types and Ice Punch to hit grass types and weakened Tangela. Poliwrath can run either Scald to safely hit things or HP Electric to hit other Poliwrath or Pelliper. Raichu is my 2nd Elec immunity, and checks water types from the opposing team so they cant abuse my rain, while forming a mini volt-turn core with Volbeat. Sneasel is the final member on the team and gives the team even more offensive presence.

Last edited:
Dark Spam

give Mightyena knock off

Based on the dark spam core Magnemite posted. Built with mah fren Hayabusa (2xthetap).

This is proboably one of the best teams I've had the pleasure of using in a while. I hope you enjoy it. The idea is to first stack hazards with the Roselia + Carracosta defensive core, then to protect them by using Misdreavus to spin block or kill defoggers with Thunderbolt. While this core is weak to Ninetales, Sneasel makes up for this by switching into Psyshocks aimed at Throh or by revenging with Knock Off after Stealth Rock damage. Throh is also here to absorb knock offs for Misdreavus and Roselia and to rack up hazard damage by shuffling your opponent, all while maintaining maximum bulk via its EV spread. Once the other team has been weakened enough, both Sneasel and Moxie Mightyena are able to clean nicely with priority.

Throh

Apposing Throh can come in and grab a guts boost and do loads of damage to every member on the team. Play carefully if you see this.
Carracosta

Smash Life Orb Carracosta can be a huge threat to this team if its able to get up a Shell Smash. Keep Physically Bulky Carracosta healthy for this.
Aurorus

Offensive Aurorus with a Life Orb can hurt a nice portion of this team if you are in the wrong pokemon. Nothing really appreciates switching in. Sneasel can revenge as well as Throh if its healthy(keep it healthy especially if you're down a sneasel).
Ninetales

Ninetales beats this team's two main walls and can be a huge threat if it sets up. Make sure you keep rocks up and Sneasel around to revenge it with Knock off.
Leafeon

Leafeon can Knock off two of the walls on this team or kill the other with Leaf blade. Though with rocks and 1 spike up you can always kill with Ice Punch. Or with just a bit of prior damage. Notably Roselia's EV spread allows it to live a +2 Iron Tail from Leafeon after rocks.

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Iron Tail
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 202 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Scald

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Knock Off
- Circle Throw

Last edited:
Might as well post my darkspam team made from the same core. I was going to RMT it but then decided it wasn't a good enough team to warrant doing so. Regardless, it's good enough to post here, so I might as well.

Mightyena (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Roar
- Toxic

Sneasel (F) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Basculin (Basculin-Blue-Striped) (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Haunter (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Roselia (F) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Poison Jab
- Sleep Powder

Mightyena (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Iron Tail

Sneasel (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Basculin (Basculin-Blue-Striped) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam
- Zen Headbutt

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Haunter (M) @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Disable

Roselia (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

I took a more offensive approach to this tour than gasquake did. The first thing you'll notice about this team is that it lacks a revenge killer but has 4 priority users. This is on purpose, as it lets me bluff Scarf Haunter with SubDisable (which is an amazing set in the current meta btw) much more easily, while the priority users keep me from being roflstomped by setup sweepers (not the only reason, but one of them). Basculin is there to help wallbreak and give priority, while Golem is a really standard SR setter that gives me a decent check to Electric-types and a Normal and Flying resist. Finally, offensive Roselia is used as I wanted Mightyena to have Toxic Spikes support but wanted a more offensive hazard setter (Whirlipede wouldn't really work on this team) and Roselia is a good check to a lot of things that can still hit pretty hard and put things to sleep. Overall, this team is nothing amazing, but it's one of the better teams I've built in a while and the meta is about to shift quite a bit so I figured I might as well post it here.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I added in galbia 's, GasQuake 's, and Magnemite 's teams into the OP.

Pokey-Man thanks for posting, I didn't add your team into the OP as there are some issues that prevent it from being up to the standards that I'm looking for. Rotom-Frost isn't the best screen Pokemon, you really don't have to much to pass into which should be the main draw of a smashpass team, I'm also a bit confused with some of your spreads and what they actually do as they aren't explained in your description.

HoennZach thanks for posting, you look like you have a decent start on a rain team. However, there are a couple of things that made me not wanna add it into the OP, as far as rain teams go they are pretty cut and dry on what Pokemon you can use; you should try to have every member either aid in the setup of rain or take full advantage of rain or prevent something that is a serious threat to rain in the tier. Stunfisk is a meh rain setter as it tends to be a momentum sucker and doesn't really give you the utility that some other Pokemon can. Raichu, while it seems like it would be great as an electric immunity, actually does little for rain seeing as you aren't even using Thunder. Sneasel doesn't take advantage of the rain at all and while it is a great offensive presence doesn't seem to fit on a rain team.

Tried to make a decent random team out of my head.Used to have a lapras but leafeon was a prob so I put simisear.Played around with random sets as well as pokemon

Dusk (Dusknoir) @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Trick

LeafeonControl (Simisear) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 126 Atk / 130 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot

Bullwrath (Tauros) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Iron Tail
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide

UHH (Meowstic) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

SWIRL (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Circle Throw
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Vacuum Wave

Grassy (Leafeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Last edited:
391.gif
123.gif
026.gif
(Insert Avalugg Here)
128.gif
062.gif

An offensive team that started out when I just woke up one day and said I want use Monferno on offense and so the team was made. Also I didn't have the avalugg icon when posting this.
Monferno is the standred Taunt Rocks lead, but I choose to go with Endeavor to bring pokemon like Bastiodon and Golem down to 1 HP without triggering any extra effects like Weakness Policy while Overheat takes care of Gourgeist if it tries predict Endeavor while also hitting things like a nuke when in Blaze range. Scyther and Raichu make a very nice VoltTurn core while checking each other's counters. Avalugg is here after recently taking Pelipper's spot due to being able to Rapid Spin without having remove our hazards because Scyther gets worn down by hazards hard, and can also switch into offensive threats from my opponent's side of the field which would otherwise threaten the rest of the team. Tauros provides a huge amount of offensive presence and has good enough coverage to hit anything the team doesn't like. Poliwrath is my dark/water check being able to switch in on most Dark and Water types and get up a free sub to hit whatever comes out hard with a STAB Focus Punch

Natsu (Monferno) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Endeavor
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Not the hazards (Scyther) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off
Raichu-Belle (Raichu) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Titanic's Doom (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic
Big Mac (Tauros) (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Climb
Forever Tadpole (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Toxic

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hazard Stack Hyper Offense

Simple Hyper Offense Team I had for a while. Whirlipede acts as the lead suicide spiker getting up Spikes and Toxic Spikes as fast as possible with Endeavor bringing pokemon down to 1 HP. Piloswine adds to the hazards by laying down Stealth Rock and deal damage with its STAB attacks. Pawniard makes opponent refrain from using Defog with Defiant giving it a +2 attack boost making it more lethal with hazards up. Ursaring is the wallbreaker on the team, dishing out a lot of damage with its wide range of moves combined with Quick Feet making up for its lackluster speed. The team became very Fighting weak at this point so Misdreavus was added for a needed Fighting immunity as well as a spinblocker with Taunt shutting down pokemon attempting to Defog or use status or setup moves with your choice of either Thunderbolt to bop Pelipper or HP Fighting for Pawniard and Probopass. Finally, Mr. Mime was added to provide another Fighting resist to ease the burden off off Missy. Originally this was a NP + 3 attacks LO Mr. Mime, but has since been changed to Scarfed Mime with Healing Wish + 3 attacks as the team was a bit slow for Hyper Offense and Healing Wish provides one of the teammates a second chance to sweep.

Whirlipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Endeavor

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Ursaring (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Protect
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot / Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Thunderbolt

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Edit: With the tier shift happening, team has been changed to accomodate these updates.

Last edited:

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I realized that I posted my sand team prematurely. I had tested it on the ladder and deemed it passable, but then I used it against scorpdestroyer and robert alfons in the mini tour and got roflstomped, as well as just losing to some other competent players. This is a new version that doesn't die to things like throh and also has some innovation with phys def gogoat. Sorry for posting a team that really wasn't good enough.

Standard sand core is standard. Hippo and stoutland are fairly regular, although using facade over play rough because you almost never click play rough and facade helps you stay in on pelipper. Added Carrapig defensive core as a backbone for the team that provides SR and counters to sneasel and Ninetales, two of the most threatening sweepers in the tier. I wanted a physically defensive grass type to back up the core but torterra's synthesis would be nerfed, so I decided to go with gogoat. It could be bulkier ngl, but it's essential for checking marowak, golem, torterra, throh and tangela. Stoutland really doesn't appreciate ghost types stopping him from clicking frustration, so I added water veil CB floatzel to trap wisp misdreavus and non-scarf haunter. The team remains weak to 4 attacks simipour, but it isn't impossible to wear down and revenge, and grumpig does decently against it, although it can't switch in again and again. Also beware roselia, keep doubling to make sure it gets up one spike maximum.

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Facade

Grumpig @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Whirlwind

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch

Carracosta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Horn Leech
- Toxic
- Leech Seed

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've moved all of the outdated teams to the outdated teams section, have that so people can see the progression of teambuilding with tiering changes.

Updated the two teams that needed updating.

MaroGods ORAS Double-Weather team

This team abuses the Rain and Sun weathers to its ultimate advantage using Volbeat and Illumise as individual Weather setters and 4 pokemon which can destroy most teams take note this team is HO -Hyper offence- which means pick what weather will do the most damage to your opponents team and then send in 1 of your sweepers 2 for each weather with a physical special split your special sweepers are Victreebel and Raichu your physical Poliwrath and Rapidash. Take mind you can switch moves Which means you dont have to rely on the weather eg Victreebel can have giga drain or energy ball over solarbeam, Raichi can have T-bolt over thunder.

Good Luck and have fun with my wacky team :D

Sunny-Side Up (Volbeat) (M) @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- U-turn
:) (Victreebel) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Growth

Turbo (Rapidash) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun

Rainy-Side Down (Illumise) (F) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rain Dance
- Wish
- Encore
- U-turn

:( (Raichu) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Surf
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast

Power (Poliwrath) @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

My best team yet.This team focuses on carra setting up rocks and potentially doing some damage.Then you can go into sneasel or kadabra for a sweep or just stay at tauros and poli for good damage.Raichu is just the cleanupper with its mixed set where it does alot of damage to things like poli or can espeed some sashes

Bull (Tauros) (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

meh (Poliwrath) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Vacuum Wave
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

TurtlePOWA (Carracosta) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Planning (Sneasel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

LT.SURGE (Raichu) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch

Seizure (Kadabra) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Last edited:
maro I would reccomend {hide=blank] and {/hide]

MaroGods ORAS Double-Weather team

This team abuses the Rain and Sun weathers to its ultimate advantage using Volbeat and Illumise as individual Weather setters and 4 pokemon which can destroy most teams take note this team is HO -Hyper offence- which means pick what weather will do the most damage to your opponents team and then send in 1 of your sweepers 2 for each weather with a physical special split your special sweepers are Victreebel and Raichu your physical Poliwrath and Rapidash. Take mind you can switch moves Which means you dont have to rely on the weather eg Victreebel can have giga drain or energy ball over solarbeam, Raichi can have T-bolt over thunder.

Good Luck and have fun with my wacky team :D

Sunny-Side Up (Volbeat) (M) @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- U-turn
:) (Victreebel) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Growth

Turbo (Rapidash) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
- Morning Sun

Rainy-Side Down (Illumise) (F) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rain Dance
- Wish
- Encore
- U-turn

:( (Raichu) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Surf
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast

Power (Poliwrath) @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Figured i should post my first ORAS team here to enlighten people with my innovation:

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Haunter @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Hypnosis / Destiny Bond

Golem @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Toxic

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 16 HP / 20 Def / 232 SpA / 20 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Explanation:
Just some offense team i made. Lead either with Haunter to put something to sleep and fuck shit up or Golem to get up rocks and use that shiny new custap goodness. After that i got some standard shit dont really feel like explaining you should be able to tell how to use it.

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Since we are in suspect times I figured out to post a team I built around Kecleon some days ago, which worked out pretty well in the ladder, gaining me the first spot into it. I'm going to share it because I got lucked out of the PU tournament(the game I won I was using this team) and there are still no teams with Kecleon in there so this will give an occasion to people that don't really have a clear opinion about the chameleon to try him out a bit.

quick description:
This team is a balanced that makes use of Spikestacking thanks to Roselia that puts to sleep dangerous threats to the team like bulky fighting mons and Probopass, who places Stealth Rock, uses Toxic on opponent's key pokémons and makes a really good volturn core with Pelipper, also helping and making Keclon even more broken giving him way more switch ins. The team is pretty slow paced but most of the times Pawniard and Kecleon's priorities make up for it. Misdreavus works as a spinblocker and with Will-O-Wisp it lures the opponent's team, also giving various occations of cleaning to Kecleon and Pawniard, which usually enters on Defog users and takes advantage of it with Defiant.

chameleon (Kecleon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Probopass @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Power Gem

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Last edited:
This is minor, but I think the teams in the OP should be listed from newest to oldest, as right now the teams at the top of the thread are the most outdated, since they are from before the tier shift.

This is minor, but I think the teams in the OP should be listed from newest to oldest, as right now the teams at the top of the thread are the most outdated, since they are from before the tier shift.
No point in doing it now because a lot of the teams might become unusable with the suspect anyway. It is a very nice idea tho for the next "slate" of teams

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since there are no ORAS stall teams in here I'm posting mine.

Standard Stall Squad

This is a pretty standard but very effective stall team I built a couple days ago. Avalugg + Poliwrath + Lickilicky + Roselia is pretty bread and butter stall with Avalugg for Rapid Spin, Poliwrath for being Poliwrath and a shuffler with Circle Throw, Lickilicky for being the best Wish-passer in the game and Roselia providing very useful Toxic Spikes support. Defensive Misreavus is a much needed Tauros counter and acts as a spinblocker and stallbreaker as well. At this point the team was kind of weak to Kecleon and lacked Stealth Rock, so Clefairy was added for those Stealth Rock and as a pretty reliable Kecleon answer. It's also the wincondition of the team. I didn't go for the standard max HP max Defense spread because Life Orb mixed Simipour destroyed the team and I needed an answer for it. The current Clefairy EV spread avoids the 2HKO from Life Orb Simipour's Hydro Pump 100% of the time. Ninetales is probably the biggest threat to the team. You pretty much need Toxic Spikes up to reliably deal with it, otherwise it can beat Lickilicky with Stealth Rock up.

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Roar

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Circle Throw
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Made a pretty cool team with all of the tier changes so i figured i would post.
th.jpg
jumpluff.png
624-frame1.png
NEW_Poliwrath_sprite_by_Pokemon_Diamond.gif
mr-mime.png
armaldo.png

Double Swords Dance

ManBearPig (Piloswine) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

blind af (Jumpluff)
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb

Chess (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Get In My Belly (Poliwrath) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Mimien (Mr. Mime) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Hey Arnold (Armaldo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

This is a pretty balanced team i built around SD Jumpluff and SD Pawniard. I figured they covered each other's checks/counters pretty well and the team has been really successful so far. You can basically set up rocks with Piloswine, punch holes in teams with Specs Poliwrath and Scarf Mr.Mime, then sweep with Pawniard or Jumpluff. Piloswine can basically take most hits and deal a lot of damage, also with the ability to use priority Ice Shard. Jumpluff and Pawniard's sets are pretty standard but like I said, they cover each other's threats (ex. Pawniard is weak to Poliwrath and Throh while Jumpluff checks them both. There's basically no reason not to use Poliwrath right now as it takes on so much of the tier defensively and can hit so hard when equipped with Choice Specs. Mr. Mime is an overall great scarfer that also switches into fighting types pretty well, and it has the ability to fully heal a team member with Healing Wish, allowing for easier late game sweeps. Armaldo is a relatively strong spinner that has access to Knock Off, allowing it to beat most Spin Blockers fairly easily (It has enough speed for Solrock). I hope all of you can use this team to tear up the PU ladder with this team. Enjoy. :]

Last edited:
So this is going to be my first post in the PU section. It's a dark spam core between Mightyena and Pawniard on spike stack. Enjoy.

Dark Spam On Spikes

So the basis of this team is to set hazards up with bulky Whirlipede and Golem, keep them up with Pawniard and Misdreavus, and to sweep with Mightyena or Mr. Mime.

So with Pawniard dropping down to PU I thought it would be a cool idea to make a dark spam team centralizing around spike stack offensive

The main goal of this team is to get up hazards with Whirlpede and to knock something down with Endeavor. I prefer the Eviolite set over the Sash set so I went with it. From there we can do the normal Golem thing and set up rocks and hit some stuff. Kinda straight forward. Next up we have our hazard support squad in spin blocking Misdreavus and Defiant Pawniard. These two work to keep your hazards up, or to get an advantage from your opponents using Defog. Next up comes Mightyena. Now this mon is really cool because not only does it get access to STAB Sucker Punch and Moxie, but it's also the only dark type in PU that doesn't lose to Poliwrath thanks to Play Rough. Really under rated mon. And lastly we have Mr.Mime who is our late game cleaner/ switch in to Poliwrath Vacuum Waves. It also adds Healing Wish support to help out.

Whirlipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect
- Endeavor

Golem @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Iron Tail

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

EDITS: Feedback on sets

Last edited:

MZ

I like that team Sir Kay 9, definitely a good addition, but a few small nitpicks: Golem is missing 4 EVs in spdef which can actually let it live a 112 spa surf from Rampardos some of the time, and besides why not have more Spdef. Run adamant mightyena for extra attack, jolly only really helps with lead barb (everything else isn't that relevant, dies to sucker, or is SD Roselia). I also have no idea why whirlipede is max hp max defense with a sash as opposed to either a fast set or an Eviolite set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)