Project PU Sample Teams V2 [accepting submissions] [ORAS only]

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
We got Tier Shift, so updated and moved a bunch of teams to outdated ORAS teams. So now, I'd like you guys to post some teams so we can beef the teams up again, but only after we get a grasp of the metagame again, and I won't add anything until that moment.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok Raiza u wanted teams and this one is pretty good
288.png
067.png
375.png
189.png
523.png
444.png

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Encore
- Seed Bomb

Zebstrika @ Magnet
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Return
- Slack Off
- Taunt

Gabite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dual Chop
- Stone Edge

This team did good in the livetour, mostly because vigoroth is broken. Started around that, then added Machoke to check all the ghosts for it. Rest talk is way underrated, it doesnt get dealt with easily by residual like 4 attacks. Threw on Metang because it helps with stout and can get chip on Grumpig, one of the main threats to the team (the other one being fast NP missy, Ursaring to a degree, and maybe a well played ninjask team, idt I'm missing something else). At this point I need speed and Jumpluff came on as a cool annoyer and pivot, and I paired it with Zebstrika which gives me a stop to volt switch spam because I don't need sap sipper with all the Jumpluff checks on this team. Last slot in the live tour went to swanna but Gabite gives some nice speed, checks Rapidash and fires in general much better, and dual chop breaks subs and sashes. I think Fagtron used CB Gabite and I stole the set but made it scarf or something, so yeah credit.

oh and the team name is John Cena

Normal Spam

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangled Feet
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Filter
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Sample teams should be teams that are very easy to use for a player of any caliber, so when I was looking for Pokemon in the tier that would be the easiest to abuse, Stoutland came to mind. Stoutland is a major threat to basically any playstyle at this point, as it can usually take a hit from anything that outspeeds it and OHKO or 2HKO them in return. Unfortunately, Stoutland isn't the fastest Pokemon and it struggles against offensive teams if pressure is kept upon it so I looked for something to beat offense, and Modest Choice Scarf Chatot was an easy choice, as it can OHKO a lot of faster, yet more frail Pokemon such as Zebstrika, Simipour, and Mightyena. In return, Stoutland can switch into and KO almost any Ghost-type that threatens Chatot. I didn't want to have to worry much about opposing hazards, since spikestack is a pretty prominent playstyle in the current meta, so I added Pelipper as something that could Defog hazards away, check threats such as Machoke and Piloswine, and U-turn into Stoutland against Pokemon such as Roselia that are commonly switched into Pelipper. Piloswine was added because it's Piloswine. It gives me Stealth Rock, a Volt Switch absorber, priority, etc. Next, I added Roselia, as something that works really well with Piloswine and something that could apply pressure with Spikes, while also checking common threats such as Floatzel and Zebstrika (the SpD EVs give you a large chance to live 2 Ice Beams from Specs Floatzel and guarantees you live 2 Overheats from Zebstrika since 128 Defense isn't really needed anymore bc Leafeon is pretty irrelevant. For the last mon, I needed something that could set up, something that was relatively fast, and something to beat CM + Acid Armor Duosion, which I just lost to at this point. I tried Nasty Plot Raichu, found it wasn't really working for me, so I decided to try Nasty Plot Mr. Mime, which has been often forgotten about as of late, but it's actually pretty effective in the current meta, as it can break through common defensive cores such as Piloswine + Roselia + Solrock without forcing itself to be locked into a move. Overall, the team is pretty simple. Get up your hazards, and spam Frustration / Boomburst with Stoutland / Chatot. Enjoy!

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Vigoroth Hazard Stack

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb

Vigoroth @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Body Slam
- Slack Off

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb

Solrock @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Zen Headbutt

Floatzel @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Veil
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Baton Pass
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I wanted to submit another sample team that is extremely easy to use for any newcomer to PU, and at the same time, build the team in such a way that it is very forgiving if the user happens to screw up and mispredict at some point. This team accomplishes exactly that: while the team is fast, offensive, and hazard based like Hyper Offense is, it uses bulkier Pokemon like Vigoroth, Solrock, and Roselia who all have access to reliable recovery moves that allow them to either stall-break or setup hazards consistently throughout a match. Another reason why this team is user-friendly is due in part to how easy hazard stacking is with Roselia + Solrock here. PU lacks spinners/defoggers who don't lose to the speedy offensive mons that I've packed into this team - in other words, there's too much offensive pressure on them to do what they need to do, so your opponent's team will often be whittled away by Spikes and SR.

In a nutshell, this is built around Bulk Up Vigoroth and the synergy it shares with Jumpluff: Jumpluff is easily beaten by Pokemon like Piloswine and Zebstrika, but Vigoroth is able to Taunt Piloswine out of SR and setup on it with BU, while eating any hit LO Zeb can throw at Vigoroth (at worst, Zebstrika's LO Thunderbolt is a 3HKO on Vigoroth with SR factored in).

Next, given that Vigoroth is weak to Toxic Spikes (and status in general) and strong Fighting attacks, I wanted a grounded Poison type who would soak up Toxic Spikes, take Focus Blasts, and deal with any kind of status with ease, so I chose Roselia for this role. Roselia's 252+ Leaf Storm also OHKOs Piloswine, which helps out Raichu and Jumpluff immensely. You can run a slower spread of 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe for more bulk if you'd like, since that still beats uninvested base 70s like Solrock.

From here, I decided to go with Solrock as my SR user for how well it protects Roselia from physically based threats. It easily beats Stoutland, Arbok, Rapidash, Dodrio (if it's not taking a CB Knock Off), variants of Machoke, and many others. I could've gone with something like Probopass instead of Solrock, but with my only Ground immunity being Jumpluff here, I didn't want to be Piloswine weak, so Solrock completed this hazard laying core with Roselia nicely. With Floatzel Dry Passing over both Spikes and SR and forming a fast momentum core with Jumpluff's U-turn, it becomes very easy to punish your opponent for making poorly thought out switches.

The team needed to pressure defoggers/spinners more and outspeed Pokemon in the upper Speed tiers that outspeed Jumpluff and Raichu, while simultaneously resisting Ice for the team, so Floatzel became an easy choice. Its set with Choice Scarf is very unpredictable, and can easily lead opposing Zebstrika to mistakenly stay in on Floatzel, thinking they'll be able to Thunderbolt and score an easy KO. Removing Zebstrika using this tactic, along with Vigoroth being an easy switch-in to Zebstrika if you don't want to reveal your Choice Scarf just yet, makes it so Jumpluff is safe to use Sleep Powder whenever it needs to, giving you extra opportunities to setup with both Vigoroth and Raichu. You can run Timid over Modest on Floatzel in order to outspeed Swift Swim Golduck in the Rain by 3 points while keeping your immunity to Burn in tact, but that's an optional change that doesn't always come into play, so Modest is listed here as Floatzel's default nature here.

Finally, NP Raichu is here to check Simipour, CB Dodrio, CB Stoutland (after SR), and act as an Electric immunity to put an end to momentum gained via Volt Switch. Raichu can easily lure in Piloswine into a predicted Volt Switch, use Nasty Plot as it switches in, and get an easy kill with a +2 LO Focus Blast afterward. NP Raichu also runs through hazard removal in PU (beats Pelipper, Swanna, Vullaby, Vibrava, and even lesser used options like Torkoal, Avalugg, Armaldo, Wartortle), which means losing Roselia and Solrock's hazards for the whole match is really unlikely. Hope you enjoy the team!

Dodrio Balanced

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

Arbok @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Aqua Tail
- Sucker Punch

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

So this is a team I have been using for a bit, and I thought it would be a great idea to post to the sample teams as it's very straight forward, easy, and reliable to use. The team was built in around CB Dodrio as it's an amazing wall breaker and late game cleaner. I run Probopass to trap other Probopass' and any annoying steel types I might find that stop Dodrio from cleaning and to give the team a solid normal resist. Paired with it I use Piloswine + Pelipper as it's a really good core that offers both hazards and hazard removal, something that Dodrio really likes to have. From here I was weak to things like Machoke so I added in Arbok to help patch that up, as it lets me switch into Close Combats relativity well. From here I was weak to HP electric water types in Jumpluff, so I decided to use Zebstrika in the last spot as it lets me check Jumpluff and have a way to revenge kill non choiced Simipour and Floatzel. With Lightning Rod it also lets me handle Raichu.

Last edited:
OK so I deleted 13 posts of arguing. My stance is that in general sticky web in pu is quite bad especially considering that the team posted could do way better with two different Pokemon in a leavanny and Misdreavus slots and doesn't really need the sticky web support all that much and if the opponent has a remover it is kinda game over once their cleaner comes in.

I also have no idea why monferno has uturn over taunt or hp electric since the main draw of monferno is to have a decent matchup against Pelipper while using rocks and your set fails to do that to give a slot to a rather pointless move.

Scarf Rotom and Chatot also give hell to this team sadly (dodrio to a lesser extent)

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just fyi, ShuckleDeath, Purugly has Thick Fat there. I know it's probably meant to have Defiant, though.
Haha yeah it is I'll change that right away.

OK so I deleted 13 posts of arguing. My stance is that in general sticky web in pu is quite bad especially considering that the team posted could do way better with two different Pokemon in a leavanny and Misdreavus slots and doesn't really need the sticky web support all that much and if the opponent has a remover it is kinda game over once their cleaner comes in.

I also have no idea why monferno has uturn over taunt or hp electric since the main draw of monferno is to have a decent matchup against Pelipper while using rocks and your set fails to do that to give a slot to a rather pointless move.

Scarf Rotom and Chatot also give hell to this team sadly (dodrio to a lesser extent)
I know that Sticky Web isn't the most effective team style in PU, but it can work with the right match up and new players love to use is it that is why it was posted. I have u-turn on Monferno, because while out speeding pelipper it does not out sped swanna, so it really helps getting in a Mon that can. Also it is used to get solid damage on Grumpig making it easier for Simipour to clean up late game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that webs aren't exactly a good play style currently in Pu however it would do some good to have a well made sample team down the line for it. This thread is sample teams after all and its to teach new players about the current meta and how to use certain teams effectively its only fitting there should a 1 sample team for all play styles at least so new players can learn and build on their own.

Well... I've been using a Web team + Normal Spam and it has been kinda nice... I dunno if its good enough to be here, but I guess that you guys can tell that better than me...

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 SpA
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 56 Atk/ 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Sucker Punch

Stoutland @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Crunch
- Facade
- Superpower

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore

Well... This team doesn't have that much details since its pretty obvious on how it works...

The common moves are leading with Stunfisk or Leavanny depending on the opponent... I've seen many opponents leading with Zeb, just to Overheat and then Volt Switch to a Spinner or Defogger on my Leavanny, Just to be destroyed by a Swarm Boosted X-Scissor... Since now Pilo is gone, standard Specially Defensive Stunfisk will get its place to use SR, and deter Zeb and Rai from coming in freely. Also, thanks to Toxic it can at least deal with Tangela and Gourgeist XL (you can invest 20 EVs on speed just to speed creep non invested Tangela after webs)...

After Webs, Stoutland and Dodrio Should be faster than anything the opponent uses and it can also help Kadabra against some other faster threats like Rai or Zebs...

Slower teams will also have trouble against SS Huntail, since it can usually set up and hit hard from the special side (to beat Geist and Tangela), specially after being encored by Kadabra onto something like Will O Wisp or Leech Seed.

Not having a Spinner or deffogger might seem weird, but with this offensive team you shouldn't be receiving that many hits! :3

Edit: if you do not have it to be Normal Spam, I guess you can just Change Dodrio for Memento or NP Misdreavus that could help as a spin blocker and anti defogger with Taunt, also dealing with Pelipper in general or just helping Huntail to set up with Memento...
Edit 2: switched Pilo with Stunfisk... :s

Last edited:
Linoone screen sweep team that has been working well lately.

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Def / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Seed Bomb

Meowstic @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Yawn
- Psyshock
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 224 HP / 248 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 228 HP / 148 SpA / 112 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 232 HP / 224 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Not that much to explain Piloswine gets up stealth rocks, Machoke is for steel type pokemon and has knock off for defensive eviolite users. Arbok is second sweep option with shed skin so the burn drops than you can sweep. Meowstic has screens and yawn forcing the opponent to switch where linnoone or Arbok and set up. Roselia is extra bulk and extra hazard stack. Enjoy. Works on all levels of ladder.

Raiza switched Piloswine out for Stunfisk

Normal Spam

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Roselia @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Sample teams should be teams that are very easy to use for a player of any caliber, so when I was looking for Pokemon in the tier that would be the easiest to abuse, Stoutland came to mind. Stoutland is a major threat to basically any playstyle at this point, as it can usually take a hit from anything that outspeeds it and OHKO or 2HKO them in return. Unfortunately, Stoutland isn't the fastest Pokemon and it struggles against offensive teams if pressure is kept upon it so I looked for something to beat offense, and Modest Choice Scarf Chatot was an easy choice, as it can OHKO a lot of faster, yet more frail Pokemon such as Zebstrika, Simipour, and Mightyena. In return, Stoutland can switch into and KO almost any Ghost-type that threatens Chatot. I didn't want to have to worry much about opposing hazards, since spikestack is a pretty prominent playstyle in the current meta, so I added Pelipper as something that could Defog hazards away, check threats such as Machoke and Piloswine, and U-turn into Stoutland against Pokemon such as Roselia that are commonly switched into Pelipper. At one point this was a Piloswine, but after it moved up to NU, I decided to make it a Stunfisk instead. Toxic is really nice one it for catching Tangela on the switch, giving Stoutland an easier time taking it on once Spikes are set up. Next, I added Roselia, as something that works really well with Stunfisk and something that could apply pressure with Spikes, while also checking common threats such as Floatzel and Zebstrika (the SpD EVs give you a large chance to live 2 Ice Beams from Specs Floatzel and guarantees you live 2 Overheats from Zebstrika since 128 Defense isn't really needed anymore bc Leafeon is pretty irrelevant. For the last mon, I needed something that could set up, something that was relatively fast, and something to beat CM + Acid Armor Duosion, which I just lost to at this point. I tried Nasty Plot Raichu, found it wasn't really working for me, so I decided to try Nasty Plot Mr. Mime, which has been often forgotten about as of late, but it's actually pretty effective in the current meta, as it can break through common defensive cores such as Roselia + Solrock without forcing itself to be locked into a move. Overall, the team is pretty simple. Get up your hazards, and spam Frustration / Boomburst with Stoutland / Chatot. Enjoy!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Raiza switched Piloswine out for Stunfisk
Normal Spam

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Roselia @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Sample teams should be teams that are very easy to use for a player of any caliber, so when I was looking for Pokemon in the tier that would be the easiest to abuse, Stoutland came to mind. Stoutland is a major threat to basically any playstyle at this point, as it can usually take a hit from anything that outspeeds it and OHKO or 2HKO them in return. Unfortunately, Stoutland isn't the fastest Pokemon and it struggles against offensive teams if pressure is kept upon it so I looked for something to beat offense, and Modest Choice Scarf Chatot was an easy choice, as it can OHKO a lot of faster, yet more frail Pokemon such as Zebstrika, Simipour, and Mightyena. In return, Stoutland can switch into and KO almost any Ghost-type that threatens Chatot. I didn't want to have to worry much about opposing hazards, since spikestack is a pretty prominent playstyle in the current meta, so I added Pelipper as something that could Defog hazards away, check threats such as Machoke and Piloswine, and U-turn into Stoutland against Pokemon such as Roselia that are commonly switched into Pelipper. At one point this was a Piloswine, but after it moved up to NU, I decided to make it a Stunfisk instead. Toxic is really nice one it for catching Tangela on the switch, giving Stoutland an easier time taking it on once Spikes are set up. Next, I added Roselia, as something that works really well with Stunfisk and something that could apply pressure with Spikes, while also checking common threats such as Floatzel and Zebstrika (the SpD EVs give you a large chance to live 2 Ice Beams from Specs Floatzel and guarantees you live 2 Overheats from Zebstrika since 128 Defense isn't really needed anymore bc Leafeon is pretty irrelevant. For the last mon, I needed something that could set up, something that was relatively fast, and something to beat CM + Acid Armor Duosion, which I just lost to at this point. I tried Nasty Plot Raichu, found it wasn't really working for me, so I decided to try Nasty Plot Mr. Mime, which has been often forgotten about as of late, but it's actually pretty effective in the current meta, as it can break through common defensive cores such as Roselia + Solrock without forcing itself to be locked into a move. Overall, the team is pretty simple. Get up your hazards, and spam Frustration / Boomburst with Stoutland / Chatot. Enjoy!
That change makes you incredibly regice weak and far weaker to Jumpluff and DD fraxure and even Roselia if it beats your rose 1v1. As it seems like more of a "might as well slap this thing on" decision have you tested Metang instead? It seems to cover all your major threats better

Yeah Megazard is right (for once), Stunfisk leaves me super weak to Regice and a bit weak to Jumpluff, but I can at least revenge that. I tried out Metang as well, but I straight up get 6-0d by Rapidash and I have big troubles with Ninetales once Pelipper is weakened, so I'm just gonna withdraw this team for now Raiza. Piloswine was so good lol.

Updated by removing Piloswine teams
I'll get some shit added today or tomorrow since there's just too few teams

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Endeavor

Roselia @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 40 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

So sample teams are supposed to be easy to use and this hazard stacking HO team is easy to the point of almost being dumb. I haven't played a metagame where spike stacking was this easy since 5th gen, because Roselia is so good at getting Spikes up and the team pressures all of the hazard clearers really well. Flying and Normal types are able to abuse hazards easily, and this team aims to exploit that.

I chose to use offensive Roselia to apply as much pressure as possible. Sleep Powder is essential here to to shut down a ton of stuff that can switch in to take advantage of Roselia and due to how fast games can go with this team, can essentially make it a 5v6 in some games. Examples are Armaldo and Aritcuno. Stealth Rock Rampardos can not only reliably get up Rocks but can apply insane pressure from turn 1, often throwing the balance of the game in my favor right there if the opponent leads with something unfavorable vs it. Superpower's basically just for Probopass because OHKOing that thing turn 1 or 2 is a godsend for the two birds. An Adamant nature gives it a ~50% chance to OHKO 0/0 Golem as well. Because of the frail nature of the team, a 1 HP Rampardos can still be useful as fodder even if Stealth Rock is up on my side.

Simipour and Monferno basically just blow holes in teams while soft checking some slower offensive things (like Stout which gets a kill vs Rose). Monferno can pretty much guarantee at least a kill a game, more against slow teams. Adamant LO Iron Fist Mach Punch keeps a lot of faster stuff, like Zeb and Scarf Dodrio/Chatot, honest, dealing about 50% to most neutral offensive targets. Checking Sand Stout / QF Ursaring / other random fast stuff and breaking Kadabra's Sash is extremely valuable. TPunch > U-turn or anything else cause I don't want Pelipper Defogging. PU isn't prepared for fast-ish Fighting-types haha, especially with a great second STAB like Monferno has.

Scarf Chatot helps midgame against fast threats like Jumpluff and Floatzel. Used to run Timid till I realized Modest gets so many KOs (eg Zeb, Arbok). Spamming Boomburst against resists while they set up Rocks or w/e helps weaken things for Drifblim, especially with Spikes. In fact I've often just sacked it against a Lickilicky or SpDef Roselia to get Drifblim a safe setup opportunity.

Drifblim is the god, it sets up so easily and after SR and one Spike, the /entire/ offensive metagame falls to it. Its FAT 150 HP stat lets it set up on most Scarfers and weaker attackers, and typing lets it set up on a few common support 'mons, especially Rose. EV'd to outspeed Timid Scarf Simis and Modest Scarf Floatzel. If it Subs on a switch to a faster mon like Raichu/Zeb, you'll get to +1 behind a Sub. That's one way to play it, another way is to Wisp/Knock Off checks early game and get down to 25 with a late switch into Stealth Rock or something similar.

It's important to note that the team offers basically nothing in terms of defensive synergy/resistances (eg no Psychic resists, suicide lead is the Flying resist) so it's essential to get your momentum from turn 1 and keep it. Sleep Powder is amazing to help do that. So basically get up hazards and start killing stuff with Monferno/Simi, and be smart about setting up Drifblim sweeps. Often it can mean just sacking something to get Blim in on a Scarf Mime, Rose, etc.

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Endeavor

Roselia @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Simipour @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Monferno @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

So sample teams are supposed to be easy to use and this hazard stacking HO team is easy to the point of almost being dumb. I haven't played a metagame where spike stacking was this easy since 5th gen, because Roselia is so good at getting Spikes up and the team pressures all of the hazard clearers really well. Flying and Normal types are able to abuse hazards easily, and this team aims to exploit that.

I chose to use offensive Roselia to apply as much pressure as possible. Sleep Powder is essential here to to shut down a ton of stuff that can switch in to take advantage of Roselia and due to how fast games can go with this team, can essentially make it a 5v6 in some games. Examples are Armaldo and Aritcuno. Stealth Rock Rampardos can not only reliably get up Rocks but can apply insane pressure from turn 1, often throwing the balance of the game in my favor right there if the opponent leads with something unfavorable vs it. Superpower's basically just for Probopass because OHKOing that thing turn 1 or 2 is a godsend for the two birds. An Adamant nature gives it a ~50% chance to OHKO 0/0 Golem as well. Because of the frail nature of the team, a 1 HP Rampardos can still be useful as fodder even if Stealth Rock is up on my side.

Simipour and Monferno basically just blow holes in teams while soft checking some slower offensive things (like Stout which gets a kill vs Rose). Monferno can pretty much guarantee at least a kill a game, more against slow teams. Adamant LO Iron Fist Mach Punch keeps a lot of faster stuff, like Zeb and Scarf Dodrio/Chatot, honest, dealing about 50% to most neutral offensive targets. Checking Sand Stout / QF Ursaring / other random fast stuff and breaking Kadabra's Sash is extremely valuable. TPunch > U-turn or anything else cause I don't want Pelipper Defogging. PU isn't prepared for fast-ish Fighting-types haha, especially with a great second STAB like Monferno has.

Scarf Chatot helps midgame against fast threats like Jumpluff and Floatzel. Used to run Timid till I realized Modest gets so many KOs (eg Zeb, Arbok). Spamming Boomburst against resists while they set up Rocks or w/e helps weaken things for Drifblim, especially with Spikes. In fact I've often just sacked it against a Lickilicky or SpDef Roselia to get Drifblim a safe setup opportunity.

Drifblim is the god, it sets up so easily and after SR and one Spike, the /entire/ offensive metagame falls to it. Its FAT 150 HP stat lets it set up on most Scarfers and weaker attackers, and typing lets it set up on a few common support 'mons, especially Rose. EV'd to outspeed Timid Scarf Simis and Modest Scarf Floatzel. If it Subs on a switch to a faster mon like Raichu/Zeb, you'll get to +1 behind a Sub. That's one way to play it, another way is to Wisp/Knock Off checks early game and get down to 25 with a late switch into Stealth Rock or something similar.

It's important to note that the team offers basically nothing in terms of defensive synergy/resistances (eg no Psychic resists, suicide lead is the Flying resist) so it's essential to get your momentum from turn 1 and keep it. Sleep Powder is amazing to help do that. So basically get up hazards and start killing stuff with Monferno/Simi, and be smart about setting up Drifblim sweeps. Often it can mean just sacking something to get Blim in on a Scarf Mime, Rose, etc.
I get that Drifblim can be useful in some scenarios, but don't see how much better it is to other Flying-types. I would personally use Dodrio instead of Drifblim because Drifblim completely relies on having your berry gone without being KOed to do any work. And even with 150 HP Base Stat its not survive that many hits because of its Defense / Sp Defense being so lown (kind of like Wailord). I just don't see much reason to use it over Dodrio or even other setup sweepers like Duosion since the type change doesn't matter as you said because the team has no synergy.

Like I said, Drifblim's ability to late-game clean is really handy against basically any offense. It's not as hard as you think to set up because it does have good bulk despite low base Spdef and Def (aided by its typing). For example, it is never 2HKOd by Scarf Mr. Mime and can actually use any Mr. Mime as setup fodder to get to +1 behind a Sub and kill it. It can wear down its own counters early game and its presence as a Ghost type deters Rapid Spin which is great because the team's so focused on keeping hazards up. Here's an example of it cleaning up a team where Dodrio or really any other Flying type wouldn't be able to.

e: here's another replay of Drifblim sweeping when something like Dodrio certainly wouldn't have been able to. and here's a post where i talk a bit more about blim.

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Endeavor

Roselia @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Simipour @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Monferno @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Drifblim @ Liechi Berry
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Dodmen, after facing someone playing with your sample, I have to insist that you replace Focus Blast with Hidden Power Electric on Simipour. I realize it has the same base power when targeting waters but, accounting for misses and the ability to hit SpD Pelipper, its just the superior option in this meta. You may be looking for means of hitting Lickilicky with Simi, but have you considered Low Kick? It's a standard option on the fourth slot and 2HKO's Licki. Although losing Knock Off may shift your teams structure and ability to handle fatter teams that rely on Eviolite to wall breakers like Simipour. Its worth considering, in my opinion. Also, if you're going to creep that much with Roselia, you may aswell go 4 EV's further so you don't have to risk speed ties with opposing mon's creeping adamant max speed 45's, such as Politoed. Otherwise the team looks great! :]

Last edited:
Golem HO
LEGNATE (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Facade
- Crunch

MAZZATE (Kadabra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave / Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

PICCHIARE (Mightyena) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Play Rough / Thunder Fang

SFONDARE (Dusknoir) @ Choice Band
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

MADOO (Jumpluff)
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Encore
- Sleep Powder

GOLEMO (Golem) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
This is quite a basic HO team that doesn't use Spikes. The main focus of the team is to sweep late game with Mightyena so the stacking of Pokemon able to pressure pretty much the same targets (Jumpluff can put to sleep stuff like Probopass for example and deals with Machoke well, Dusknoir lures and tricks Tangela and friends, Stoutland is just a strong hole puncher) so that it can sweep. The whole team isn't particularly fast but it has 2 forms of strong priority (3 with Custap berry + a Sash user) to deal with offensive threats well which is always nice. Scarf Mr. Mime over Kadabra can be interesting as well because Dual Chop Fraxure can be a dick or whatever and Healing Wish is always nice for a team like this so yeah HO without Spikes can work

Updated with the latest teams.
ill also post blalibs if he explains his ev spreads

mag edit: blalib team has pilo

Last edited by a moderator:
Gogoat Balance

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 228 HP / 48 Atk / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake
- Milk Drink

Simipour @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Knock Off

Probopass @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Thunder Wave

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Toxic

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Ok since my last sample had to be removed because of the rise of Piloswine to NU, I decided to build a new team, this time around Gogoat, which is a pretty underrated Bulk Up sweeper that doubles as a Water check so it's pretty nice in this meta. To begin with, I wanted a wall breaker that could cripple bulkier walls while also luring Roselia, so I went with Knock Off Simipour, which can cripple bulkier Eviolite mons as well as lure and break Roselia. I basically had nothing for Jumpluff at this point, and I wanted something that could cripple Jumpluff that it wouldn't just U-turn out on, so I added Safety Goggles Probopass, which is actually pretty cool since it can't be put to sleep by Jumpluff and Tangela and it can cripple Jumpluff with Thunder Wave, making it much easier to kill. It also doubles as a counter to Dodrio and Ninjask, both of which were pretty threatening to the team at this point. I proceeded to add Stunfisk because I wanted an Electric immunity so that Zebstrika and Raichu couldn't freely Volt Switch on me, and Stunfisk also provided Stealth Rock, while checking some other relatively big threats to my team like Ninetales, Rapidash, and Simisear. Arbok was mainly added to counter and take advantage of Roselia, while also providing me with some nice priority. Mr. Mime was added for some much needed speed control as well as Healing Wish support to revive back some weakened mons. Enjoy :]

Last edited:
Arbok + Fraxure Bulky Offense

Arbok @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Encore

Grumpig @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

I decided to build this team around the scary balanced offensive core Arbok + Fraxure. Arbok + Fraxure forms a nice core as Arbok beats fairies and weakens bulky grasses so Fraxure can sweep. On the other hand, Fraxure can soften other bulky mons for Arbok or just sweep. Metang is a nice addition to the core since it handles Mime and Kadabra so well. Metang takes minimal damage from their STABs and can Pursuit trap them on the switch, freeing up potential sweeps for Arbok or Fraxure. Machoke synergizes well with Metang as Metang takes on psychic, flying and fairy attacks aimed at Machoke. Machoke takes dark attacks for Metang. So using this pair allows you to sponge hits while not having to run a dedicated defensive core. Machoke supports Bok+Frax by removing Eviolites from bulky defensive mons like Vullaby and Tangela, switching in on wisps from ghosts like Misdreavus, and encoring to open up set up opportunities. Grumpig takes fire and ice attacks for the team since Regice, Rotom-F, and Ninetales are huge threats otherwise. Taunt on Grumpig is useful so other set up mons don’t end up setting up on me (Vigoroth, Duosion) and Taunt has nice utility regardless. The EVs on Grumpig are to outspeed neutral max speed Gabite and max speed neutral base 80s (Stoutland, Arbok) with max SpA and the rest was dumped in HP for some bulk. Rotom-F is the team’s scarfer and can net you some free set up opportunities with the momentum Volt Switch gives you. After the team’s powerful sweepers weakens the other team Rotom acts as a nice cleaner, if need be.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)