Metagame PU Squad Dump

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Hi I wanted to drop a team since I'm out of PU Open and will probably not get picked for PUPL so I have nothing to lose. (Note: I had a bunch more good teams I was planning on dropping but almost all of them had Scyther oops)

MUDSDALE BULKY OFFENSE
/

Mudsdale @ Choice Band
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Toxic

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic

Charizard @ Firium Z
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Solar Beam

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 16 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Fan @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Pain Split

Simisage @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

OR

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
- Frustration / Facade

Made with Twix's core of Band Mudsdale and Z-Sunny Day Charizard, this team has functioned pretty well for me. The two core mons are extremely effective wallbreakers with Mudsdale doing massive damage to anything in the tier and Charizard helping versus grasses and bulky waters with Fire Blast and Solar Beam respectively. Toxic is used on Dale to cripple and wear down would-be checks when they try to switch in. Roost gives Zard some more staying presence and the rest of their sets are fairly self explanatory. Lumineon acts as a water check for both of these mons and also hazard control for zard as well as wearing down more bulky mons with Toxic. Regirock is the Stealth Rock setter and also acts as a check to Pyroar and other fires. EVs are to live a Solar Power Charizard's Solar Beam after rocks and KO back, though this is only useful if you're using Leafeon over Simisage. Rotom Fan is a Fighting and Ground check and also can spread burns to cripple physical attackers. The last slot I wanted a check to Lilligant. I prefer Simisage as its higher speed does allow you to better revenge possible scarf threats with base 100 speed while Leafeon is a better check to Ground and Water types and has more power.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Stealth Rock

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Guzzlord @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast

Lycanroc @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Fire Fang

We made a Workshop team yay! We decided to go with hazard stacking and wanted to abuse the new drops so we went with the core of Qwilfish+Kangaskhan, which is a very standard core for abusing spike stacking. We then went with Mesprit to give a nice ground resist and allow us to set up rocks and also pressure Sab and other dark types (along with the Weezing+Skunk core). Then we wanted something to deter the use of defog and we also wanted a decent revenge killer, so we decided to go with scarf Primeape. Finally the last two slots were to patch up some holes left in the team; we wanted a blanket check to special attackers so we decided to go with specs AV Guzzlord and we then finally chose to go with SD Z-move Lycanroc as our sweeper and second revenge killer.

Thanks to everyone who turned up it was good fun boop!

Attachments

Last edited:
Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Substitute

Mesprit @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Trick

Carracosta @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Abomasnow @ Icium Z
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Honedge @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Gyro Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Toxic

Hello, ladies and gentlemen of the Saigon forums! This is a team I built with slicklight on Pokemon Showdown! so credits to him. I decided to build around Kecleon, and this was because I promised UberSkitty I would use kecleon. Mesprit was picked to check Fighting-types, for the surprise factor of a physical set, and the fact that it pairs well with Kecleon, who can destroy dark-types with a protein boosted drain punch. Carracosta was chosen as our stealth rock user and our general tank, and could be brought in safely with u-turn. Abomasnow was originally a mixed set, but due to changing another member of the team, we decided to change to a special attacking set, which can break a lot of things with blizzard and subzero slammer. Hitmonchan removes hazards, and can revenge kill pokemon like southland with mach punch. Charizard originally filled the last slot, but due to our team's normal-type weakness, we decided to use Honedge instead. Honedge checks normal types, and is immune to toxic, thanks to its steel typing, which makes it great against normal-types and non-flamethrower Weezing. This team struggles with Alolan Raichu and other fast special attackers, but Hitmonchan remedies this to an extent. Any suggestions will be appreciated, and I hope people can put this team to use.
Edit: thanks for moving this and adding hide tags zard
zard edit: moved to squad dump and put hide tags on this

Last edited:
this is now up to date. i also moved the outdated teams to a more hidden location™ since everyone was obsessed with scyther and half the teams had it on them

Abomasnow Bulky Offense (V2)

Abomasnow @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Ice Shard

EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Rock Slide
- Toxic / Swords Dance
- Parting Shot

The team is built around using Abomasnow to break through opposing teams so either Silvally or Mesprit can come in and clean up. Hitmonchan spins away rocks and weakens rock/steel-types for Abomasnow, and has strong enough priority to pick off weakened threats. Scarf Mesprit was then added for some speed control and also Healing Wish to let Abomasnow break and then break a 2nd time. Qwilfish is a more sturdy fighting-type/physical attacker check and also provides Toxic Spikes which can help wear down the opposition in conjunction with all the switches Abomasnow causes. It also cripples Hitmonchan which is otherwise a pain. Regirock is my catch-all wall and sets rocks, while providing me a 2nd option for speed control (via the yellow magic). Silvally Fairy was chosen in the last spot acting as a win condition with SD or a bulky pivot with Toxic (I prefer SD because toxic spikes + t wave usually gets most things).

The team struggles somewhat with fast ghost-types like Misdreavus/Oricorio Sensu/Silvally-ghost, heavy hazards, and also Stored Power Musharna. Otherwise it can put up a fight in most matchups, and even the ones it has trouble against can be played around for the most part.

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
upload_2017-9-30_0-5-33.png

(trademark pending)

So, I just finished this on Netflix. Seeing Hitmonchan's 'Iron Fist' caused some neurons to fire, and after Hitmonchan became Danny Rand, the rest of the team followed suit. Enjoy the team (and the nicknames)!

Danny Rand (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

The Black Sky (Murkrow) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Insomnia
Jolly Nature
- Mirror Move
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Elektra (Eelektross) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Luke Cage (Aggron) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Heavy Slam
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock

Claire Temple (Jynx) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Frank Castle (Palossand) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpA / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Shore Up

I built an initial version of this together with PTF, but changed it around a fair bit on my own by giving it more speed, priority, and shifting the focus from bulky balance to a more offensive team that supports Murkrow, by giving it bulky pivots and hazard removal to rely on before it cleans late-game.

Murkrow despises being worn down by SR and BB recoil, so Hitmonchan was added to spin away SR, as well as act as a soft resist to Rock-type moves and a bulky check to Lycanroc for Murkrow. Murkrow protects Hitmonchan from predicted Psychic-type moves, and can easily switch into Sleep-inducing moves like Jynx's Lovely Kiss due to Insomnia, as well as Lilligant's Sleep Powder. Lilligant really struggles to find setup opportunities here; Jolly Murkrow outspeeds Timid Lilligant, and even if it does somehow manage to QD once and score a KO, Scarf Jynx can RK Lilligant for you easily enough. Similarly, Murkrow's Sucker Punch RKs Normalium Z Jynx very easily, so sleep dependent sweepers shouldn't really do much to you here if you play well. Eelektross takes a lot of punishment and provides Murkrow with a free opportunity to setup with its slow Volt Switch, which lets Murkrow setup with Z Mirror Move (i.e. +2 Atk). Flyinium Z Brave Bird is very powerful if you just wanted to nuke something right away, and it also mitigates the damage you take (instead of being nearly dead after 2 BBs). Z Mirror Move is pretty fun, and you didn't know already, it copies the move last used against you and converts it into a Z move (assuming the Pokemon that used the move is still on the field). Hitmonchan can be run bulkier than I have it here, but there are plenty of slower Pokemon that Hitmonchan enjoys being faster than, like 252 Spe neutral nature Abomasnow, Pawniard, Jolly 252 Aggron (rare, but w/e), 120 Spe Lanturn, and more.

Next, given a double Fairy weakness, I thought an offensive Steel-type would be good for synergy, so Aggron was an easy addition for that and setting SR. Additionally, it keeps SR off the field for Murkrow via Taunt. It also keeps itself safe from Weezing's Will-O-Wisp via Taunt, as well as the rest of the team safe from Toxic Spikes to some extent. Aggron is also handy as a soft Normal check, and can easily punish stuff like Stoutland locking into Frustration by either setting SR or attacking on a predicted switch.

Eelektross performs a similar role to Aggron in terms of limiting your opponent's ability to set SR by beating down most SR users with a combination of Knock Off / Giga Drain / Flamethrower. Its slow Volt Switch allows either Jynx or Murkrow to come in without reprisal. Eelektross switches into Ground-type moves for Aggron, and is one of the team's checks to standard AcroEQ Archeops. I realize that Quiet would allow Eelektross to hit harder with Knock Off, but I thought it was more worthwhile to not be worn down by base 50s like Piloswine or Prinplup, hence its Modest spread here.

Frank Castle, aka Palossand, is really good at punishing (:o) Normal-types like Kangaskhan so that Murkrow doesn't have to worry about stuff like Fake Out later when it's trying to clean. The sand castle is also good at checking Fighting-types like Hitmonchan for Aggron, and can act as volt immunity against attackers like Raichu-A in a pinch. 32 SpA EVs let it OHKO Raichu-A after SR via Earth Power / 12 SpD EVs let Palossand survive +2 Psychic after SR / 216 Def EVs with a Bold nature yields a jump point in Defense:

32 SpA Palossand Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Raichu-Alola: 230-272 (88.1 - 104.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Raichu-Alola Psychic vs. 248 HP / 12 SpD Palossand: 297-349 (79.6 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Lastly, I added Scarf Jynx for some immediate speed control as well as an impromptu Water immunity that can protect Aggron and Palossand, and is more or less this team's panic button for most slow setup sweepers (Trick) / faster sweepers (Lovely Kiss). Lycanroc is an exception and hits Jynx SE with its priority, but that is checked by the Punisher and the Iron Fist. You can easily outplay Sucker Punch users via Trick into a Lovely Kiss, but ideally, you should always scout for your opponent's Z crystal before clicking Trick.

This team is somewhat incomplete, as it is a bit weak to status, especially Toxic Spikes, as well as certain Fire- and Ice-types (Skuntank + Hariyama over Hitmonchan + Murkrow + Z Jynx + more Speed elsewhere might be fine for fixing this). Anyway, this team hasn't lost at all for me yet, so have some fun and test it out!

vs Evigaro http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pususpecttest-638700352

Last edited:

dom

Banned deucer.
Poliwrath Rain

This is just some rain I cooked up and got reqs with. I myself like rain with a lot of abusers, so that's the style of the team. Everything is pretty standard except for miltank and poliwrath. Miltank is a grass immunity which sets up rain and rocks as well. It's really useful and what I lead 9/10 times unless I'm fighting trick room or something. Don't really need recovery since it usually dies quickly anyways, which is good so the abusers have as many turns as possible. Poliwrath is a neat pokemon which can come in clutch sometimes. It's also a cool breaker that weakens a lot of rain checks (if you hit hypnosis). Overall a cool rain team.
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Floatzel @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Poliwrath @ Psychium Z
Adamant Nature
- Hypnosis
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Brick Break

Miltank @ Damp Rock
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Rain Dance
- Return
- Stealth Rock

Mesprit @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Triple Healing Wish Surprise

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Facade
- Bullet Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Skuntank @ Choice Band
Ability: Aftermath
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Swanna @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Defog
- Roost

Lilligant @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Thunderbolt

I thought this would be a nice meme. I brought up how Healing Wish is such a good partner for Guts Hariyama so why not bring 3 users and effectively get 4 Hariyamas if you want to. Defensive Mesprit is the main Fighting check and first Healing Wish user. Slowish U-turn also helps bring in Hariyama for free and activate Flame Orb. Banded Skuntank checks Psychics and Ghosts that give the first two mons trouble. Flyinium Z Swanna gives me an offensive Fighting check and a way to get rid of hazards that can make it harder for Hariyama to break effectively. Even though i have Darkinium Z on Persian, z move on Swanna helps it take random Knocks from Gurdurr and Hariyama better as well as a situational way to break if i want to. Scarf Lilligant is the third Healing Wish user and a good Smash Carracosta check. Hp Ice hits the Dragons, opposing Grass types, and Oricorios that might try to switch in. Darkinium Persian A is the 3rd and final "Healing Wish" user with z Parting Shot. It also serves as a pseudo Archeops check which can destroy the team otherwise. Tbolt is there for random Swanna lure which also destroys this team.

might as well revive this 3d

TAILWIND SQUAD WITH GUMSHOOS

Gumshoos has Aggron level power with Adaptability so i tried it in Tailwind because Trick Room is boring. Specs Jynx i thought would be fun with added speed late game since it has amazing coverage. Lumineon removes Toxic Spikes and can come in on some Archeops checks to gain momentum and set Tailwind, Volbeat is a fighting check that is surprisingly decent in the metagame (s/o Skankovich this is fire) and has priority encore and tailwind and also U-Turn, Archeops is the Stealth Rock user/Pinsir Check softener/cleaner in tailwind/tailwind user and Pinsir is the ultimate god since it can get Moxie going easily during Tailwind and then Me First becomes godly.

The team works because the mons share similar checks in stuff like weez/qwilfish/ferroseed so it's nice i guess

strong dog (Gumshoos) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Crunch

ice dog (Jynx) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Lovely Kiss

wet dog (Lumineon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Defog
- U-turn

buggy dog (Pinsir) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Me First
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

cute buggy dog (Volbeat) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Encore

archeo dog (Archeops)
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Tailwind
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Bellossom
Yo pals, I'm pleased to share with you my satisfaction and joy with Bellossom, with me dropping this 5-minute Bellossom squad I've built, which is super quick but I mostly just fast-tracked through the teambuilding process primarily out of getting a decent opportunity to try Bellossom out. as a lot of you know, it has gotten a recent buff in Ultra Sun & Moon with its access to Strength Sap, which honestly gives it some advantages match-up wise over the more ubiquitous Lilligant as it allows it to outlast quite a few physical attackers (most notably Skuntank) and the extra bulk over Lilligant allows it to grant even more set up opportunities.

Credit goes to Anty for bringing it up in np! I figured to give my own twisting in giving Bellossom Grassinum Z, which gives Bellossom the option to either use Z-Strength Sap (and getting to +1 Defense while also lowering the opponent's Attack by one stage) or Z-Giga Drain/Energy Ball for Bloom Doom (which KOes a lot of relevant stuff after a Quiver Dance Boost). Grassinum Z also makes Bellossom Trick-proof, which is a marginal advantage but still useful to avoid being crippled by random things like Scarf Manectric or Haunter. In addition, I've also readjusted to a Timid nature, which allows Bellossom to outspeed everything up to Swanna since the extra speed that Timid provides over Modest is actually crucial in allowing you to beat all of:

Jynx: Can get to +2 or knock it out with +1 Bloom Doom before it does anything back
Haunter: Can get to +2 before it does anything back, allowing you to have enough power and bulk to outlast it with Giga Drain or KO with Bloom Doom
Kangaskhan (Jolly): At +1 you're faster than Jolly variants so you can easily outlast it with Strength Sap
Swanna: You can KO this with Bloom Doom or boosted Energy Ball after rocks before it can fire off a Supersonic Skystrike, which can KO even at +1
Zangoose: Dies to a Bloom Doom before it can go for Facade or gets beaten by Strength Sap (because then Facade+Quick Attack doesn't KO)
Moreover, outspeeding stuff like Scarf Primeape and Jynx seemed pretty useful since although Bellossom is able to boost multiple times very easily, most of the time people are going to play pretty aggressively against this Pokemon with their Scarf user. Lastly, the filler move I've been mostly using is Safeguard, which is really cool since it allows me to actively boost against passive stuff that carries Toxic and helps to be status-proof vs Weezing's weak Sludge Bomb, and effectively allowing Bellossom to operate as a stallbreaker of sorts. You can also go with a lot of other options like Sleep Powder or Moonblast (the latter is cool since it hits Drampa)

Aside from Bellossom's role on the team, a lot of the rest of the team is rather standard (barring Scarf Togedemaru which is ACTUALLY A GOOD SET). Qwilfish is the Fighting check, Toxic Spikes absorber, and top-notch utility hazard stacker with Destiny Bond to lure Drampa. Hitmonchan is a good catch-all check for Special Attackers like Abomasnow and Magmortar, both who can trouble Bellossom. Spinning hazards away to also help in easing setup, and its strong Mach Punch is solid for threatening the likes of Jynx. Specs Mesprit breaks through a lot of ton of stuff, and puts a lot of pressure on Ground- and Fighting-type Pokemon that threaten Regirock, with Trick to lure SpDef things like Type: Null and Audino. Regirock checks Archeops, Normal-types, and Fire-types super well. Togedemaru is the team's revenge killer since its dual stab is good for picking off threats like Archeops, Lycanroc, Oricorio-G and the like. It's also a volt immunity, a momentum grabber, a faster-than-Scarf Primeape mon, and an annoyer thanks to its two STAB moves in Iron Head and Zing Zap that can sometimes Jirachi its way to victory.

Bellossom @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap
- Safeguard

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam
- Trick

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Earthquake

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

On the real though, I'm quite surprised about how well Bellossom was able to do even against well-constructed teams. In any case, enjoy!

Last edited:
LittleLeaf (Meganium) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Pikachu (Togedemaru) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Fake Out

Kitty (Pyroar) @ Firium Z
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Voice

Don'twannacatchthis (Kingler) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Body Slam
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Floofer (Altaria) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Preview

Bulky Balance based on the only PU Mega

So I just fucking like meganium. A cleric that can do some hefty damage and phaze a lot of teams while also having solid defenses good typing and a life steal makes for what I've been told is an annoying pokemon. I'm currently 1400 rating but I peaked 1.5k with this on showdown ladder earlier today.

The strategy is switch a lot poking and whittling them down until you can make a whole big enough that usually Kingler or Meganium can run through and clean up. Everything being fairly bulky while also focusing on damage means you usually can make safe switches and have favorable trades. Saccing 1-2 pokemon to put yourself in a favorable position seems to be the standard on how I've been winning.

Team is flawed but so is Meganium. Only Mega in pu figured I'd let it shine.

LittleLeaf (Meganium) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Aromatherapy
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Pikachu (Togedemaru) @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Fake Out

Kitty (Pyroar) @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Voice

Don'twannacatchthis (Kingler) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Body Slam
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Floofer (Altaria) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Preview

Bulky Balance based on the only PU Mega

So I just fucking like meganium. A cleric that can do some hefty damage and phaze a lot of teams while also having solid defenses good typing and a life steal makes for what I've been told is an annoying pokemon. I'm currently 1400 rating but I peaked 1.5k with this on showdown ladder earlier today.

The strategy is switch a lot poking and whittling them down until you can make a whole big enough that usually Kingler or Meganium can run through and clean up. Everything being fairly bulky while also focusing on damage means you usually can make safe switches and have favorable trades. Saccing 1-2 pokemon to put yourself in a favorable position seems to be the standard on how I've been winning.

Team is flawed but so is Meganium. Only Mega in pu figured I'd let it shine.
Togedamaru, Kingler, Pyroar and Golem look ok to me. But what i dont understand is why you max out the SpA of Meganium and Altaria when you are using only one attacking move. Id personally either give them more attacking moves or make them defensive, but they are both weak to ice, so doesn't sound like a good idea.

Pikachu + Raichu Squad

Pikachu was the Pokemon that arguably got the biggest buff from US and UM coming out, which is the ability to use Volt Tackle + Extremespeed. I have no idea how any of it works in-game but this allows you to hit super hard and also revenge kill pretty effectively. Volt Tackle 2HKOs at worst everything that doesn't resist it (even Weezing, do the calcs yourself) and Extremespeed does high damage to offensive mons and let's you even beat priority users such as Skuntank since it's a 2HKO. Knock Off and Grass Knot round off the set by taking care of most immunities and resistances (Gastrodon, Palossand, Lanturn, Specs Whiscash...). Raichu-A is the second part of the core since it obviously shares similar checks while also being quite unprepared for in general. Rest of the team is obvious with Mesprit+Hitmonchan+Qwilfish working as pivots and hazard control (with the latter taking advantage of free turns teams tend to give to set up Spikes and make a Pikachu sweep more likely) and Oricorio is there as a spinblocker/wallbreaker/whateveryou want.

Pikachu (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Grass Knot

Raichu (Raichu-Alola) @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Mesprit (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Oricorio (Oricorio-Sensu) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance

Qwilfish (Qwilfish) @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Explosion

Hitmonchan (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

eclipse.

musharna + null balance

hey, been wanting to try out this tier "seriously" for a while now, so decided to take at jab at it. started to build around musharna + type: null, as they both synergise and bounce off each others weaknesses p well. for example, null lures in fightings like primeape, gurdurr, throh, hitmonchan, passimian etc and can u-turn out into mushy and proceed to set up with calm mind. also null being a status sponge to any unwanted toxics that mushy might have coming its way. nextly, saw my friendo allstarapology use some sort of throh + hazard stack team that looked sick and very annoying to deal with. so decided to go down that route with the team too, throh worked well with null + musharna and ferroseed provides hazard support. oricorio-sensu was next mon, team was pitifully slow and at least wanted some offensive pressure. also works well with null's slow uturn's, allowing it to come in against fightings and also revenging other problematic ghost-types. skuntank is a nice last member of the team, rounding up certain patches within the team such as hazard removal, trapping ghosts enabling throh and null to succeed more, and offers any priority if i'd ever need it against like of jynx, oriciorio, haunter etc.

overall for being of my fisrt teams i like it a lot, obviously it has some flaws like having no fire resist w ferro, but if u keep null and throh healthy it should be a-ok. aggron is bitchin too lol
bye
Musharna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Toxic

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Circle Throw

I've been meaning to post this squad for a while, but with Passi potentially getting the boot and me having to whip it out in round 1 of the winter Seasonal, I figured it was about time I share it. I've run into it twice in tournament and once in ladder, so I guess it's already out in the world anyways haha.

Ludi-Brolo Balance

Sleepy (Ludicolo) @ Waterium Z
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

Dreamy (Haunter) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond
- Dazzling Gleam

Vapey (Passimian) @ Choice Band
Ability: Receiver
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Milky (Miltank) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Milk Drink
- Body Slam

Spoopy (Gourgeist-Super) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed

Cutey (Togedemaru) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
I started off with the idea of building a team around self-setting Ludicolo because there are too many threats in the tier, so it is slept on as heck (hence the nickname). He is also so happy all the time, which makes me want to be happy. So there.

I played around with Grassium (Solarbeam) and Life Orb, but settled on Z-Hydro because it dents or outright murders pretty much anything in rain (Audino, Type Null fall to Z+Hydro with decent/normal rolls). Ludicolo is a certified badass.

Not much actually resists Ice+Grass+Water coverage, so I actually ended up focusing on luring and breaking Specially Defensive mons and wearing checks down with chip.

Next in was LO Haunter because it's also slept on and does a lot of damage to the tier with very few things walling it if played correctly. I didn't really have a specific reason for choosing it besides that I wanted to use it, but Sludge Wave does provide a way to clear out pesky Grass-types that tend to give Ludi a hard time (even with Ice Beam).

Now that I had my offensive core, it was time to build my defensive core. I decided that Gourgeist would fit well, considering it walls almost all physical attackers in the tier, checks Passimian and Ape, and is excellent for getting chip off of on forced switches. I was not disappointed - this mon is highly underrated.

I still needed rocks, and I needed to cover the Fire (read: Magmortar) weakness that was created by Gourgeist. Miltank fulfills both roles well, and can also serve as a Special check and fodder for Drampa/Eggy-A. I actually really grew to love the Tank-Gourg core - my only gripe is that it doesn't handle Fight-Z Mortar very well. You basically have to take a 50/50 on winning or losing the game.

I needed a Physical Breaker and had been having a lot of fun with Scarf/banded Passimian, so I threw it on the team as a balance-breaker and momentum-provider. It really does work a bit too well - I think it deserves to be BL. Pairing it with Ludicolo was a match made in heaven, as Ludi can come in on Passi's answers (I'm looking at you, Palossand) and set up Rain Dance and begin wreaking havoc on the enemy team. Really, Passimian with any Special Breaker/setup threat is busted.

My team was super flying-weak because of Gourg+Passi, and that simply will not do with Oricorio and Swanna 'flying' around everywhere. I desperately searched for an appropriate Scarfer, and settled on Togedemaru because
1. It's adorable
2. Its speed tier is great
3. It can clean up weakened teams really well
4. It quad-resists flying and threatens OHKOs on all meaningful/common flying types in the tier
5. Another u-turn was very welcome, as it allowed me to choose which breaker or wall I wanted to bring in, and also provided much-appreciated chip for Ludi's lategame sweep.

So that's that. I am notorious for hating hazard control/removal with a passion - I would rather play around it than dedicate a team slot to it, so this team is a bit weak to Toxic Spikes and Spike Stack, but its two breakers provide enough offensive pressure to prevent a lot of hazard-stacking. I'm also just really used to playing w/o removal so it didn't really bother me all that much. Zen Headbutt turns a few heads every time I use it, but it's there to OHKO or severely dent Hitmonchan and guarantee KOs when I don't want to risk rolls on Ape/Passimian. There were very few times that I found myself wishing I had Toxic or Encore instead, and it secured/won me a few games.

Like I said, Fight-Z Mortar gives this team fits and forces 50/50s which suck. Other than Mortar, it struggles with Drampa/Eggy-A (as many offensive-minded balance teams do) but can threaten both (Ice Beam, U-Turn, and Close Combat). Other than that, it handles everything in the tier pretty well, though it doesn't really enjoy Trick Room (but who does, really?).

I hope you also get some enjoyment out of it!

Reactions: asa
♿ (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Return

(Passimian) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

✈ (Altaria) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

(Skuntank) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch

️ (Palossand) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Shore Up

(Aggron) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 208 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

This team is fire because AV Aggron is incredible. Great Oricorio answer, Ice resist, Mesprit/Skuntank check, and overall hits like a truck. Rest of the team is designed on supporting Passimian which is broken.

1518031117973.png
1518031156003.png
1518031202932.png
1518031246322.png
1518031270724.png
1518031284424.png

Anti-Wall Balance
Fish (Dewgong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Whirlpool
- Encore
- Substitute
- Disable

Beach (Palossand) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Shadow Ball / Toxic
- Earth Power

Seaweed (Servine) @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Cloudy Sky (Altaria) @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Earthquake

lowkey Shovel (Aggron) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Tan (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

So when I started making this team, I wanted to build it around a Pokemon with a custom set that could catch a lot of people off guard. When I see Dewgong I usually think of either Whirlpool + Perish Song trap sets, Choice Specs sets, or else Revenge Killing sets with Ice Shard / Aqua Jet priority. All of these are very bad sets, so I looked through Dewgong's movepool for other possible sets. As I was looking, Encore and Disable really stood out to me, leading to the creation of it's current set on my team. Next I added Palossand because of its immunity to Electric- and Fighting-types. It's ability to set up Stealth Rock and it's good physical bulk also worked out handy for the rest of my team. Next I started looking into more offensive Pokemon, as I wanted to lure in walls for Dewgong to trap and defeat. Servine quickly came to mind, as it can easily switch into the Grass-types that would switch in against Dewgong and Palossand. I added D-Dance Altaria to my team because I wanted something that could start setting up after Dewgong eliminates all of the walls. I also liked Altarias ability to lure in Ice-types for Dewgong to trap, since my team is particularly weak to them. At this stage I was beginning to get more concerned about Toxic, since a lot of the walls in the tier carry it, and it was the only thing preventing Dewgong from switching straight into a lot of walls. I decided to add Aggron for more physical pressure and to punish some of the less bulky Pokemon that carry Toxic. Finally I decided to add Hitmonchan to the team since I didn't want my Dewgong and Altaria taking 25% damage to Stealth Rock every time they switch in. The reason i chose Hitmonchan over any other hazard remover was because of its longevity. After making the time I decided to follow a theme for the nicknames, so my nics are inspired by the beach.

Replay : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pususpecttest-700566307

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

Just wanted to share a bulky offensive team I almost got reqs with before the Passimian suspect test ends, starring the suspect himself. Right of the bat, I knew I'd need a special wallbreaker to both remove physical walls for Passimian and take advantage of the U-turn support Passimian provides, so I went with Aurorus. Aurorus also came with the benefit of helping against weather teams, of which I did face a few while laddering. Next up, I picked Clefairy to take on special attackers, provide Stealth Rock support, and provide much appreciated Speed control thanks to Thunder Wave. Spiritomb gave the team a Pursuit trapper, as well as a Fighting-immunity. I made a secondary version with Aguav Berry and Psychic to help versus Fighting-types in general and Weezing, but the Black Glasses set ended up being a bit more useful. Swanna gave the team a second Fighting-check and hazard control, and also made the team a bit faster since it was rather slow before it. Finally, Eelektross gave the team an Archeops check, completed the VoltTurn core, and a secondary softer check to special attackers as a whole. It's a bit weak to Lilligant, as well as to opposing Passimian, but they can all potentially be played around. Not my best work, but I've had fun using it.

My reqs team:

i got it i got it (Illumise) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Encore
- Wish

i got it i g0t it (Aggron) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Protect
- Toxic

i g0t it i got it (Altaria) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Defog

i g0t it i g0t it (Raticate-Alola) @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

i got 1t i got it (Oricorio-Pom-Pom) @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hurricane

i got it i got 1t (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Def / 156 SpA
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Scald

A lot of unusual stuff going on here so the description is pretty long:

Phys Def Rocky Helm Illumise and SpDef Aggron is a defensive core I've been using a tonne the past few months just because it covers so much ground and brings so much utility. Illumise deals with the fightings that the majority of teams use to deal with Aggron, handles setup and also stuff like Kanga and general non-nuke phys attackers. Wish is the reason to use it over Volbeat and it uses the move incredibly well. One of the issues with prankster mons is that you can't use recover to scout a choiced opponent due to the priority, but wish gives you delayed recovery to aid with this scouting and also stalling out attacks with rocky helm chip by using it along with roost. Of course, wish is mainly used to keep teammates healthy and Illumises' complimentary typing and slow u-turn helps it get wishes to Aggron reliably.

I've been trying to make SpDef Aggron catch on for a while because it's stupidly good, Galbia said what it walls with the AV set and this does the same but sets up rocks and spreads Toxic while still hitting really hard with Head Smash. Protect saves Illumise from getting worn down by choiced fighting U-turns and racks up toxic damage. This set gives you a really easy TR matchup too btw.

Altaria is altaria, cool defogger and covers fire types.

CB Faticate - yes, it runs great sets outside of Swords Dance! I really don't know why I still don't see Rat more because it's honestly so stupid. Choice Band clicks Knock to wear down the only things that have a chance to switch into a Double Edge, which does stupid things like 1hko standard Lanturn, Eel and Audino. Pursuit does stupid stuff like doing 80 to Colbur Mesprit switching out and basically 1hkoing any neutral offensive mon that switches out in fear of Sucker, which btw does stupid stuff like 1hko Archeops. It's stupid. There's the added stupid bonus of the vast majority of teams, especially Stall, being completely unprepared for it.

Gastrodon with enough phys bulk to deal with Aggron and then rest in SpAttk investment. Gastro's STABs + Ice Beam is basically flawless coverage and with the investment it can actually dent a lot of mons significantly. Besides that, its main inclusion was as a Costa and water check.

Taunt CM Roost Flynium Oricorio Pom-Pom. Was kinda just slapped on but it works well, it's a fun and effective set and can kind of just 6-0 some teams by itself . A lot of people are using Eel and Lanturn as flying checks nowadays but this just sets up all over them which is cool. Rat helps it by Knocking Off the likes of Regirock and Aggron and Pursuiting Togedemaru.

The team is super weak to Aurorus, especially if it's not choiced, so you could probably replace Oricorio with another mon if you're worried about that. Still, works really well and it's such a fun team to use.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Like if you think all the different sprite formats were obnoxious
(i'm to cool to post replays or write a decent in depth description)
"rlly gud" Stall Build

cookies & cream (Audino) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Encore
- Knock Off

a+ on vr plz (Altaria) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell

mr. fite resist (Palossand) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power

god h8s me (Pyukumuku) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Spite / Block
- Toxic
- Soak

rlly gud (Carbink) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

idk why i'm here (Sableye) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Knock Off

So this team right here has won me a majority of the game on the suspect ladder. It's the standard stall team with with 3 fighting resists because passimian totally isn't broken. Audino is the Wish passer and Altaria is the Cleric and the Hazard Control. Pyu is the unaware guy stopping setup sweepers in their tracks and clicking Toxic and Spite on everything. Sableye is almost always the go to lead Pokemon as it can get off a free Knock-Off almost always as well as clicking Taunt on opposing Lead Stealth Rock users. Palossand is of course the rocker which also provides the team with a nice offensive presence. Carbink is the teams dedicated Wincon and lemme tell you it does a pretty damn good job of it. It can set up on almost anything due to the lack of Steel-types. Yea the team is fairly 1 dimensional and bland. At least the nicknames are fun.

Godly Sand Squad

sandy boi (Hippopotas) (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

50% usage (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Ice Beam

best rocker in pu (Regirock) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

doggo (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Facade

ferroseed lol? (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Acid Spray

2 pursuit broke (Spiritomb) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

So I used this team in my very first game of SSNL because I thought sand would be a nice change of pace since I saw nobody had used it or experimented with it. Unfortunately I lost the game but its only because sand is really bad right now because of broke mons like Aurorus running around. Hail is really good and common so it kind of shuts down this team but fear not mateys once aurorus gets the boot it will be a decent team!

Anywho the team leads off with its rocker or Mesprit the scarfer to pivot or set up rocks and sand. Skuntank beats Ferroseed because no one runs special Skuntank it also Defogs the hazards and keeps team safe from unnecessary chip damage. Regirock is the Aurorus switch in because Assault Vest Regirock is actually good and most people don't expect it to survive a specs Earthpower. Every team is required to run a mon with Pursuit so Spritomb fills that role quite nicely.

Toxic Wallbreaker Squad (adapted from a Jmash324 team)

ban me plebs (Passimian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

plz ban (Aurorus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Frost Breath

fighting-types lol? (Palossand) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power

ur mom gay (Type: Null) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

wan sum drugz? (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

GOAT (Floatzel) (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Focus Punch

This team so much fun to use against actual legit viable teams and not the 70% on the suspect ladder. Scarf Passimian is the go to at the moment when choosing nice Physical Choice Scarf users. Choice Specs Aurorus is probably one of the best wall breakers in the tier atm thanks to very little **VIABLE** counters. Palossand is the team's only Fighting-type resist which can be a problem at times. Skuntank is the hazard remover and I've been experimenting with Play Rough recently and I've really enjoyed the chip damage its been doing. Type-Null and Floatzel are the Setup sweepers which come in mid to late game and finish the job off nicely.

AV Aggron Switch Turn

Aggron @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 208 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dark Pulse

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Altaria @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Roost

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Assault Vest Aggron is one of the best Aurous checks in PU from my perspective. Not only that but it can also hit pretty hard and applies a decent amount of pressure to the opposing team. Rest Talk CM Tomb is probably my favorite Spiritomb set because it's so much fun to just bring it in when you know it wins the rest of the game. Defensive Mesprit is the rocker and the second Fighting-type resist on the team. Altaria being the 3rd fighting resist provides the team with Defog support as well as being able to Toxic opposing pokemon for nice chip. Lilligant is a mon that I just kind of threw on the team because I wasn't sure what to add because I didn't want to add Sub BU passimian. It's got Sleep powder which is pretty nice and has won quite a bit of games actually.

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

Ok, like. This is by no means a perfect team; it lacks hazard removal and is pressured by certain things like Zangoose. Despite this, it's been a blast using this team as of late, so I decided to share it. The team started around Choice Band Muk because I was writing the analysis for it and I wanted to get a feel of how it played, and it didn't disappoint. Next up, I needed something to pressure Weezing that didn't require me to use Explosion, so I chose Oricorio-G. At first, it was a set with Defog, but I decided to just run with the standard SubCM set. Ferroseed + Clefairy make up the team's hazard stacking core, with the former slightly making up for the lack of removal and pressuring bulkier Pokemon with Leech Seed and forcing mind games with Choice-locked Pokemon like Drampa and Primeape with Protect. Clefairy started off as the Seismic Toss / Stealth Rock / Toxic / Soft-Boiled set, but I had seen someone on ladder use CM Clefairy during testing, so I decided to change to that, and I haven't looked back since. It also gave the team something to fall back on against CroTomb, something I was previously rather weak to. Primeape gave the team speed control, a Defog-deterrent, and a way to pressure Steel-types and it appreciated the entire team having one way or another to pressure Weezing. Finally, I decided to use another Pokemon I hadn't used a lot prior: Archeops. It gave the team an additional soft-check to Fire- and Normal-types and a strong wallbreaker that could pave the way for another teammate while also annoying bulkier builds. Again, not a perfect team, but fun to use imo.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-725386638 - roomtour finals. probs not the best instance, but it does show off the team.
e: you could run defog on arch too if hazards really bug you ig

Last edited:
Geomancy Meowstic -F

Meowstic-F @ Power Herb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 180 Def / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Assist
- Substitute
- Stored Power
- Signal Beam

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Transform

Murkrow @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Mirror Move
- Protect
- Thief
- Fly

Swalot @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Protect
- Belch
- Snatch

Chatot @ Choice Specs
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Chatter

Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Transform
- Roar
- Trick

Geomnacy Meowstic-F. Wait, Meowstic-F doesn't have access to Geomnacy . But it can use it consistently if you design your team in such a way where the the move Assist always pulls it.
After Playing this tier for a short time, I feel this moveset is the best Meowstic-F can use. Assist into Power Herb Geomancy instantly gives you +2 in speed, special attack and special defense. This in turn gives a +2 140 base power Stored Power whick OHKOs most mons in the tier. Combine this with Signal Beam to take on opposing Psychic types and to hit most Dark types super effectively. The biggest threats to this though are Spriritomb and Skuntank as Signal Beam at +2 does very little to Spriritomb and Skuntank . Substitute is there to allow you to set up on toxic and wisp users and gives you a much needed out against Sucker Punch users. It also allows you to Sub on Mons that deal less than 25% which is especially doable at +2 Special Defense. You can also try Calm Mind and Barrier to boost your defenses as well your Stored Power base power, but I feel those are less effective since you can't recover HP and you will get whittled easily to death or certain death into priority later. Who knows maybe not with a more defensive spread. This brings us to sets Evs.
This set's ev spread is designed to outspeed the fastest scarfer in the tier, which was Pyroar (now Raichu), giving you 524 speed at +2. The rest of evs go into defesne so you can better take common priority moves which are almost always psychical. The down side to this spread having less speed is that you might not be able to get to +2 special defense before your opponent attacks you. But this spread also lets you set up on physically offensive mons too.

Abilities:

As for Abilities Competitive and Infiltrator both have their uses. Competitive gives you that extra oomph against teams with Intimidate and Sticky Webs. Just try to get your own webs up as well. Whereas Infiltrator is good against mons with Light Screen and Sub.

Unfortunately in order to pull Geomancy from Assist consistently you need to design your team in a specific way. In all the sets shown below the only move assist can call is Geomancy so you have a bit of freedom in the sets you use. Albeit not much. These are some sets that work that you can use.

The Team

Smeargle
First you need your Geomancy mon. This is Smeargle since it is the only mon in the tier with access to Geomancy. But this Mon can be very useful as well. Choice Scarf Transform lets you quickly copy their mon AS WELL as lock yourself into one of their moves afterwards. Roar can be used as last ditch effort for phasing something out. Whereas tricking a choice scarf is great at crippling opposing mons, especially those most threating to Meowstic-F.

Ditto
Ditto is an obvious choice. Great for scouting your opponents team, setting up hazards, stopping sweeps, reverse sweeping etc.

Murkrow
Murkrow is a fun mon thats good at stopping sweeps through protect and z-mirror move. It has access to STAB fly and thief as well as two z-options in z-mirrow move and z-fly.

Swalot
Mostly there just to sit on t-spikes, but snatch comes in handy against mons trying to setup or heal. Also Belch can hit pretty hard especially if you have been steal Quiver/Calm Mind/Other boosts with Snatch.

Chatot
Chatter guarantees confusion and after it dies can be used to set up with Meowstic-F after it dies in hopes for confusion haxs.

This team has lead me to tour wins including wins over the number 1 ranked person on the ladder

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-725123942
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-725127219

as well official room tour wins
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-official-roomtours-ii.3631623/#post-7744715

Last edited:

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pyroar @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Taunt

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Okay so I wanted an easy to use and rather autopilot style team to ladder because, even though I want Magmortar gone, I really do not like laddering. Taunt Firium Z Pyroar is an absolute menace in this meta and pretty much destroys most balance builds with ease, especially stupid FerroClef cores (F HJAD). Mesprit is Mesprit. Extremely reliable hazard setter and both U-turn and Healing Wish are great momentum grabbers; Mesprit is also my primary Fighting-type resist. Hitmonchan is really just here to be a soft resist to both Fire- and Ice-types, while also being a semi-reliable spinner. Togedemaru is the best Choice Scarf user in the tier, period, and I will not have anyone say otherwise, as it revenge kills a bunch of stuff like +1 Jynx and Lilligant. Archeops is a fantastic out to offensive teams and Taunt screws stall up very hard. Finally, Spiritomb is just a great WinCon for my team and basically ensures that bulky teams don't stand too much of a chance.

I'd like to say that while this team is rather autopilot, it has a few weaknesses. Firstly, no Water-type resist makes the Kingler matchup rather difficult but as long as you're not locked into Iron Head with Togedemaru you can put enough pressure on it. Stoutland is also a massive issue because no Normal-type resist is hard bopped by it.

Sorry for the short post, but just wanted to dump the team here because I think others could use it. Especially if I went 34-1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)