PUPL IV - "casual discussion" thread

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
PUPL Auction Discussion Groupchat:

[13:53] Akir was muted by Akir for 7 minutes.

[13:53] Darkfire47: if that chat exists can i join AKIR
[13:53] Darkfire47: oops
[13:53] Darkfire47: caps
[13:53] Darkfire47: :/
[13:53] #Akir: in 7 minutes Darkfire47, i muted myself

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, I'm mediocre at everything and am going to be gone all of July, but you should buy me anyway!

I spam Duosion!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-697406381

I also draw!
Dedenne with Background 2.png

It was this image or the erotic Ditto

I flood your chat with really great puns!
See signature.

Finally, I believe in the power of friendship!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
[15:33] @ Robert Alfons: ok
[15:33] @ Robert Alfons: i alrdy regret this
[15:33] @ Robert Alfons: but
[15:33] @ Robert Alfons: .nom yogibears
[15:33] @ TKbOt: The user yogibears was not found!
[15:33] @ EviGaro: lol
[15:33] @ Robert Alfons: oh
[15:33] @ HJAD: YOGIBEARS
[15:33] @ EviGaro: idioto
[15:34] @ Robert Alfons: .nom rwby
[15:34] @ TKbOt: The user rwby was not found!
[15:34] @ Robert Alfons: WHATS HIS NAME
[15:34] @ pluviometer: it's just yogi
[15:34] @ EviGaro: YOGI YOU DUMBO
[15:34] #Megazard: it's yogi
[15:34] @ Robert Alfons: bruh

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[16:13] #Megazard: .nom shadestep
[16:13] @TKbOt: Shadestep is up for bidding!
[16:13] @TKbOt: Tiers: ORAS_PU
[16:13] @TKbOt: >Driftveil Drampas: 3000
[16:13] @TKbOt: 5 seconds remaining!
[16:13] @GenZeon: 3.5
[16:13] @GenZeon: ..3.5
[16:13] @TKbOt: Driftveil Drampas have won the bid for Shadestep!
:psysly:

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
[15:51] @ TKbOt: Marxist Marowaks are up to nominate. Bidders: haund
[15:51] @ Haund: .nom pearl
[15:51] @ TKbOt: Pearl is up for bidding!
[...]
[15:52] @ HJAD: .13
[15:52] @ TKbOt: >Destructive Dedennes: 13000
[15:52] @ GenZeon: 13.5
[15:52] @ TKbOt: 5 seconds remaining!
[15:52] @ TKbOt: Destructive Dedennes have won the bid for Pearl!
[15:52] @ GenZeon: whatr
[15:52] @ GenZeon: the
[15:52] @ GenZeon: fuuck
[15:52] @ HJAD: u didnt put the dot
[15:52] @ EviGaro: gg
[15:52] @ GenZeon: ...................

feelsbadman

So after lineups were posted I've decided to rank who are the SM players who are going to do better in this tournament in my opinion by putting them in clusters of the same levels to account in some way for variance. I weighted general tournament performance and PU knowledge about 60-40 but there is really nothing objective and i would be happy to see someone do better than i predicted. I might do them for the other tiers if you want them. Here we go.

SM Player rankings
Teddeh: He can be punished for his sort of predictable teambuilding but he has the best combination of play and knowledge in the tournament by far in my opinion.
Robert Alfons: Probably not as good as the one above (recently) but makes up with in my opinion more interesting teambuilding.
HJAD: Teddeh 0.9 sorry but you suck. A bit more daring in my opinion which could pay off i guess??
Taskr: Really solid but a bit less inconsistent than the ones above but it's close.
FLCL: Will do better than anyone else in the group with the right amount of support.
Kushalos: Super close to the group above but, again, needs a good amount of support. I think his team can provide it.
Sam I Yam: A bit of a risk to put him this high but he can really do well and beat anybody.
Megazard: PUTL was solid already and has gotten better and better over the past months but can he consistently win each week instead of randomly losing while using a weird fetish mon?
LordST: Needs affirmation but really solid player.
gz: Like the above.
TSR: A bit more of an outsider but he has shown that he can surprise the opposition and do well.
Pepeduce: Highrolled a lot and won the PU Seasonal so the skill is there. He can for sure do well but I have some reserves. It's on him.
Arifeen: Outsider. Solid player that will get a lot of wins with the right support.
TJ: Resident tryhard is quite underrated in my opinion. If he has a good start he can do well.
Anty: Complete wild card that can beat and lose to anyone. I would not like to face him tbh.
lax: Solid player. Can get a good record with the right support.
obii: Solid player. Can get a good record with the right support.
Feliburn: Solid player. Can get a good record with the right support.
Kingler12345: He's good in general. Will he be good in this tournament? Idk
dibs: Didn't do horribly in tournaments but has weird fetish mons and i don't really know if he can get consistent wins.
yogi: There is not enough evidence to say he's bad (actually it might suggest he's pretty good) but he tends to ragequit and loses to me in randbats.
snagaa: I don't think he did well in PU Tournaments but he was picked for SPL so he must be at least decent.
Hamhamhamham: I don't know you and I also think this is the first PU tour but he can probably pilot his teammates' teams to a few wins.
Charmflash: Heard the name but I have a few more doubts about the support he can get. I would be happy to be wrong tho.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
btw (double posting cuz im a manager and i can do that sort of thing) just to clarify since some people are apparently still confused by this: boku no pika is a boku no pico (definitely google this) reference, NOT a boku no hero academia reference. thank u for your attention.

DiancieCrystal: PepeDuce your team is fucking atrocious for these reasons 1.) you have a beeheeyem 2.) leaf storm tangela 3.) knock off clefairy 4.) YOU ARE FUCKING USING BEEHEEYEM OUTSIDE OF TR
All hail DiancieCrystal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)