PU PUPL - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to Week 3! The deadline for this week will occur in July 1st, 11:59 PM EST. No extensions, meaning that coinflips will be issued out in the event that both players make an equal effort to get their matches started. The main source of communication are expected to be from VMs, so make use of those when contacting opponents.

Please save the replays/logs of your matches or they will be considered null. Not only do they add some enjoyment for the spectators, but they can also be used for discussions pertaining to metagame development, among other things.

Managers, if you're issuing substitutes of players, be sure to post here explaining the details and I'll update accordingly. All substitute requests are subject to veto, so bear that in mind.

While not required, it's highly recommended that you submit your teams to me, as they help greatly in dealing with cases where a disconnection occurs. Have fun!

The Bodybag Blametruths (4) vs. The Frivolous Fridges (4)
ORAS PU 1: Anty vs. Megazard
ORAS PU 2: Deej Dy vs. Robert Alfons
ORAS PU 3: Shaneghoul vs. GrimoireGod
XY PU: Twix vs. Detect Marowak
BW PU: Haruno vs. migzoo
FU: Mambo vs. Slate.
DPP NU: innovamania vs. Bughouse
Manager: Montsegur vs. scorpdestroyer

The Maverick Marowaks (2) vs. The Jubilife Jumpluffs (5)
ORAS PU 1: Ranger Mike vs. c0mp
ORAS PU 2: Spirit vs. gasquakee
ORAS PU 3: Official Fissure vs. Tricking
XY PU: Mael vs. Rowan
BW PU: HJAD vs. atomicllamas
FU: Realistic Waters vs. hollywood
DPP NU: Finchinator vs. Tomahawk
Manager: WhiteDMist vs. Magnemite

The Shoegazing Stoutlands (5) vs. the Great Gastlys (1)
ORAS PU 1: Natural Talent vs. Dundies
ORAS PU 2: 49 vs. Hairy Toenail
ORAS PU 3: TewMew vs. TONE114
XY PU: kingmidas vs. Teddeh
BW PU: Omfuga vs. FLCL
FU: Kushalos vs. sugarhigh
DPP NU: Sweep vs. Kiyo
Manager: galbia vs. Raiza.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Looking forward to fellow FU god hollywood playing Realistic Waters show me the innovation bro ;)

I'll likely be fighting SuGODhigh in a few hours to get first blood

Contacted Ary but he hasn't really told me what times he's available, he's just told me he's busy, so wanna hopefully understand his activity soon.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-v-pu-nu-in-nu.3467083/page-9#post-4794665

Uh, I and others (I assume) have been using the viability rankings here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-pu-metagames-viability-rankings.3540525/) to build. Apparently, though, according to the above post, there were more drops after that. All the pokemon that rose to NU are still listed in the viability rankings, and apparently zebstrika and some others are usable (which I didn't know). Dell I haven't used anything illegal in my games, but I can remember at least one of my opponents did (lasagne used camerupt). I think you should address this problem and fix the VR rankings to remove the NU pokemon, and add munchlax, zeb, and other mons.

Looked up the replays. Basculin, Golbat, and Gigalith have not been used. As for camerupt, it's been used three times (Lasagne vs Me, Tsunami vs Haruno, FLCL vs Haruno), however the user of camerupt lost each time. So no harm done, but it's still worth addressing these changes.

Last edited:

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-v-pu-nu-in-nu.3467083/page-9#post-4794665

Uh, I and others (I assume) have been using the viability rankings here (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-pu-metagames-viability-rankings.3540525/) to build. Apparently, though, according to the above post, there were more drops after that. All the pokemon that rose to NU are still listed in the viability rankings, and apparently zebstrika and some others are usable (which I didn't know). Dell I haven't used anything illegal in my games, but I can remember at least one of my opponents did (lasagne used camerupt). I think you should address this problem and fix the VR rankings to remove the NU pokemon, and add munchlax, zeb, and other mons.

Looked up the replays. Basculin, Golbat, and Gigalith have not been used. As for camerupt, it's been used three times (Lasagne vs Me, Tsunami vs Haruno, FLCL vs Haruno), however the user of camerupt lost each time. So no harm done, but it's still worth addressing these changes.
That's a good point about the replays and I do apologize for confusing a few people about this. I didn't mind people playing the last metagame before the drops because it's pretty clear that players are far more accustomed to this metagame than the one where the drops did take place (I haven't seen a single replay of the drops being used, for instance). The correct changes should be in place now.

That's a good point about the replays and I do apologize for confusing a few people about this. I didn't mind people playing the last metagame before the drops because it's pretty clear that players are far more accustomed to this metagame than the one where the drops did take place (I haven't seen a single replay of the drops being used, for instance). The correct changes should be in place now.
so do BW PU players have to play with or without the most recent tier changes? Or is that up to the discretion of the players?

Dell

majestic pride.
so do BW PU players have to play with or without the most recent tier changes? Or is that up to the discretion of the players?
Since this week has already started, I'll make an exception and allow discretion of the players on whether they want to play with the most recent tier changes or not. Next week and onward though, I will expect everyone to play within the most recent tier changes. I figure this should give you guys enough time to prepare teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)