Project PU's 3rd Annual Secret Santa

TTK

Won't Catch Me Lacking.
is a Community Contributor
Yo. Your boy is finally up. I have the honour of building a team for Chloe. The guardians of time and space called to me, a King, giving me the job of making a team revolving around Faticate and Froslass. I, as a King, could not pass up a opportunity to put my skills to the test because lets be honest, those two mons go together quite well I think and I wanna see if I could make a solid team.

Yuki-onna (Froslass) @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

KuroNezumi (Raticate-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Emuritto (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Fairy Buddy (Silvally-Fairy) @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Multi-Attack

big neckboy (Exeggutor-Alola) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Zingy Zap (Togedemaru) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Toxic

As I said above, Froslass and Rat have some good synergy and go well together. Number 1, Froslass sets up Spikes, wearing down enemies which makes Rat have an easier job of killing things. Number 2, Rat's big Fighting weakness is covered by Froslass' Fighting immunity and Lass covers the Bug weakness as well. Also, Rat covers Lass' main weaknesses in Ghost and Dark and yeah, its quite nice. Mesprit is also a reliable Fighting check and to be honest, I wanted to cover Rat completely since its the main sweeper and again, Fighting attacks are an issue for it. Sets up rocks, goes well with Spikes, momentum with U-turn bringing Rat in. Fairyvally again, another Fighting check and a Dark check for Froslass, because Froslass does have an offensive presence and a speed tier so keeping it alive is always nice. Gives nice momentum with Parting Shot, yet again giving opportunities for Rat to get in safely.

The MVP neckboy is here and tbh, no switchins in the tier. Specs absolutely destroys everything that stands in its way (apart from fairies but they hate Leaf Storm lol). Finally, we needed a scarfer for some speed control and Toge is the go to for this type of team. U-turn yet again gives momentum for the team. I still think Lightning Rod is the king ability due to the fact you come on opposing scarf Toge Zing Zap and you force it to swap out and you get a free U-turn. (Hopefully you can see the idea. I can't build without VoltTurnPShot lol)

Hope you enjoy the team Chloe!
'

yo obii you asked for a crabominable team. Crab is a sick poke; i personally advocate the assault vest set which is featured in this team heavily since its one of the tiers best stops to aurorus and doesnt relieve momentum in the process. Its recently fell off since the meta has now shifted such that many teams check it naturally whereas in the past u had to go far out of your way to check it easily. Stuff like Froslass and Qwilfish intially and then Jellicent later on has really limited its moveset from being free to run only dual stabs to now where your 2 free coverage moves have to take on 2 out of those 3 named switchins to the dual stab. Another set which is sauce is the Bulk Up and Amnesia set which Anty advocated to me in the past, altho its gotten quite shit due to the drops.

1544755996084.png
1544756020860.png
1544756035845.png
1544756050376.png
1544756066243.png
1544756081362.png

Crabominable @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Hammer
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

Golurk @ Psychium Z
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Punch

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Defog
- Roost

Togedemaru @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Wish
- Spiky Shield

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Zen Headbutt

The idea here is to use AV Crab as part of the glue on a Balance archetype. Here, AV Crabs function pivots depending on the MU, vs hard balance it will be your main way of breaking coupled with Spikes support. I picked Golurk here to bop Weezings / Gurdurrs which usually try to switch in on Crab. Its also a half decent Aggron check as well as a spinblocker, so it provides a lot of offensive and defensive utility. I paired it with a mixed def Roselia cuz i wanted spikes, a (specs) jellicent switchin. The phys def is there so u avoid 2hko from muds after SR damage, but also simultaneously functions such that Pursuit from Skunk doesnt do THAT much in comparison to a standard spdef spread. Pompom is there so that we have an actual gurdurr switchin / secondary fighting check as well as defog. You probably wont click defog ever but its nice in the case of Spikes vs Spikes matchup, allowing u to priortise damage on SR/Spikers in the knowledge u can defog them away. The rest of the set is pretty standard. Rocky Helmet Iron Barbs Togedemaru abuses the frick outta Mesprit pivoting on Crab or others, as well as fucking with Stoutland / other hard physical breakers. Wish gives you awesome support for AV Crab as well as the final mon. U-Turn is also great for getting Crab in for free. Zing Zap > Iron Head is neccesary for Swanna. The final mon is Scarf Ramp for a fire resist but mainly to provide more wallbreaking potential than most of our other scarfers. The team doesn't neccesarily struggle with Omastar so I don't bother with giving a faster mon like Ape the scarf role. Its complete monster and a surprisingly decent cleaner, you can often find yourself also luring gurdurr with zen altho u can prob trade it for eq since u dont need so many gurdurr lures / hard checks. Its decent at breaking teams and checking mainly pompom and less so sensu in a pinch.

Hope you enjoy the team!! :]

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Esteemed user PTF requested Aggron + Lilligant so I built thing

Lilligant @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell / Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Head Smash
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Ice Beam

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Liquidation
- Explosion
- Taunt

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Lycanroc @ Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge / Accelrock
- Endeavor
- Taunt

So this team is standard as shit and I apologize if you wanted something a bit more out there but in all attempts I made to go in an unorthodox direction the team ended up unplayable. Instead I made some pretty solid and meta approved tm offense for you. Lilligant + Aggron is a pretty potent offensive core that can cover each others weaknesses somewhat but they can't really break through a well made offensive core without some support. A few layers of spikes + maybe a well timed double can accomplish this quite effectively. I added Qwilfish as the ability to almost always get up at least 1 layer and chip things like Stoutland and Toge with Rocky Helmet is exactly the kinda support the core needs. Since I went with offensive Qwilfish with Explosion more fighting checks were gonna be needed as a well played Hitmonchan or Gurdurr can really ruin your day. Scarf Mesprit is always a solid pick on offense like this for the typical reasons. It also really appreciates Aggron's ability to murk common psychic resists like Skunk and Toge. Added HP Fight PomPom next for a few reasons. First I needed a Lilligant check and a soft flying check of my own. Another fighting check is nice to have as well but wasnt part of the main reasons it was added. It also forms a great hyper offense core with Lilligant when you think about the typical ways each of them is revenged. 80% of teams are probably using Scarf Toge to check both. Toge will be forced to Zing Zap into the Pom and if it kills it Lilligant has a free turn of setup on the electric move. Similarly, Toge cant revenge Lilli with Zing Zap which can give Pom a chance for a crucial Roost or CM late game. This pair can force a lot of lose lose situations against scarf toge teams in this way. Last mon I needed was a rocker, I tried a few but none of them were consistent enough at getting up rocks early, So i just went with lead Lycanroc. I also needed a consistent way of revenging opposing Dodrio and Pom if needed so it works out well. The fantastic speed tier and access to Taunt + Endeavor can be really obnoxious to deal with especially if theyre expecting a normal Lycanroc set. Endeavor is really nice for potentially luring a Poliwrath, Mudsdale, Gurdurr etc which can give Aggron free reign to just click buttons.

Some random notes: I slashed Heal Bell on Lilligant cause i was sick of switching into Tangela/Poliwrath/Mudsdale and eating a Toxic. HP Fire on Lilli and HP Fight on Pom over Ground because fuck Spdef Snowslash. The Pom spread does random things with the jump point being killing Frostom after rocks at +2. Accelrock slashed with Stone Edge cause no priority otherwise can mean losing a game to something in range(Z Jynx is a threat without it). Heres a replay showcasing the Lilligant Pom synergy well https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-835316803

Hope you enjoy the team my friend! :blobuwu:

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Happy Holidays :] I got to make a Specs Zorua team for none other than dibs

Zorua @ Choice Specs
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Extrasensory
- Trick

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Psychic

Froslass @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

The idea of the team was to just use Zorua + Healing Wish Mesprit + Spike Stack .So I started out with the main mon Zorua, and it obviously has trouble with Gurdurr, Hitmonchan, and faster offensive threats like Kangaskhan ect. Mesprit helps alleviate some of that offensive pressure off of him. Giving the team rocks, healing wish support, momentum, and a great fighting check all in one. Zorua isnt that powerful, so I threw on a reliable spiker to help it out. Froslass also cripples physical attackers with wisp (hopefully allowing Zorua to live a hit.) The team is a bit slow, and i've been meaning to make a team with Kabutops so I put it on here. My though process was that Kabutops lures in Gurdurr. So if you decide to disguise Zorua as Kabutops, you can hit it with a nice Specs Extrasensory. A long with Kabu giving some nice removal. Pom Pom has been great in this meta so far, and that Hp Fighting set is really dope. I didn't feel comftorable with the team only having Mesprit as your 100% fighting check. So this also helps out with that. As well as giving the team some nice breaking power. Kangaskhan is a solid spike abuser, and gives us some much needed priority. This also helps break past dark resists like Skuntank, Gurdurr, Persian-Alola, Crabominable ect.

I really hope you enjoy the team friend :] I tried my best to make this cute mon work. Its definitely out of my comfort zone but it was a ton of fun to make.

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Even thought he's Jewish (just embrace it already), I still wish Taskr a very merry Secret Santa Holiday!
Taskr's Christmas Present!.png

You wanted a Darkinium Z Alolan Persian+Choice Band Dodrio, so I've come into your house to deliver.
Also I might steal some stuff from your house too, just don't be surprised when that snow globe goes missing. You know the one I'm talking about.

Frisky (Persian-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Hypnosis
- Parting Shot

Disky (Dodrio) @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Jump Kick
- Quick Attack

Pisky (Togedemaru) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Encore

Tisky (Lurantis) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Superpower
- Synthesis
- Defog

Tasky (Jellicent) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Taskr (Mudsdale) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 40 Def / 156 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
I started this team with the given Dakinium Z Alolan Persian+ Choice Band Dodrio. I put Hypnosis on Alolan Persian to put mons to sleep and get Dodrio in for free with Parting Shot. I wasn't 100% sure where to go next, so I just decided to add a Choice Scarf mon, obviously Togedemaru. I put Encore on Togedemaru for other potential opportunities to bring Dodrio in. Since Dodrio is easy to wear down as frik, next up was a Defogger. This was the part where I didn't want to make it a completely generic team, so I decided to add Lurantis shenanigans. The spread lets it not have to get the Attack drop from its nature while still outspeeding Gurdurr. I later on put a Yache Berry after finishing the whole team since it wasn't the biggest fan of Ice-types. The team didn't like Fire- or Fighting-types, so Shaving Cream himself, Jellicent was added. At first I considered making him defensive, but as said before the team is not the biggest fan of Ice-types, namely Aurorus, so I went Choice Specs. This also helped with my lack of full-on special attackers not to mention I didn't particularly need another physically defensive mon. Finally, needed a Stealth Rock user and wanted a better switchin for Electric- and Fighting-moves, so Mudsdale joined the party. I tested the team in a few battles on ladder and it won all of them, and that definitely justifies it to be a good team.

So I ho-ho-hope you'll enjoy the team, and merry Jewish Christmas!

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Dugtrio-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Substitute

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Taunt

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Alrighty it's my turn now! The totally awesome and all-around good battler akaFila wanted a team built around Duggy-A and Sensu. I chose to go with SubToxic + STAB Attacks on Duggy-A and Bulky CM on Sensu. It took some thinking on what to choose next but I choose Mesprit since Gurdurr and Hitmonchan could both give these 2 mons a little trouble. The defensive set for Mesprit is what I went with so it can provide the team with rocks and a potential Healing Wish. I added LO Lilligant for speed control with Duggy-A. The usual Giga Drain and HP Fire for the Alolaslashes and Togedemarus and of course Sleep Powder and QD. Physical Defog Skuntank gives it, of course, defogging help. The usual Poison Jab and Sucker Punch are there and I went for Crunch > Pursuit for attack power and for those who expect a Sucker Punch. Lastly, I went Gurdurr for physical bulk and why not? It's arguably the best Fighting-type in the tier right now and figured it deserved a spot alongside the rest of the team!

Please enjoy this team to the fullest Fila. I put a lot of thought into it! =)

Merry Christmas, SergioRules!

You asked for a Z-Drampa + Jellicent team - and I have provided.

Although the nicknames don't fit very well with the mons, the nicknames are inspired by the greatest Christmas movie of all time - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

cvaca2.jpg

1544875545391.png
1544875560150.png
1544875576030.png
1544875593974.png
1544875612699.png
1544875635874.png

Clark (Drampa) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice / Flamethrower
- Roost

Mr. Shirley (Jellicent) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Trick / Ice Beam
- Water Spout

Aunt Bethany (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Russ (Aurorus) @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Earth Power

Art Smith (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
EVs: 184 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Cousin Eddie (Skuntank) @ Black Glasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Clark
"It's not going in our yard, Russ. It's going in our living room."
clark1.jpg

Pretty standard Z-Drampa set. I went with a bit extra speed as this team can't really switch into Eggy. These ev's allow you to creep 44 speed eggy with a few points to spare. Flamethrower can be ran over hypervoice to help with alolaslash, but with Jelli and Gurdurr in the back i don't think it's a huge problem.

Mr. Shirley
"Get me somebody. Anybody. And get me someone while i'm waiting!"
mr shirley.jpg

Since I wanted to gear towards an offensive build - I chose specs Jelli. It pairs nicely with Drampa in that common switch-ins like lilli and lanturn don't get to punish you being locked into a water move since you have a sap sipper drampa in the back.

Aunt Bethany
"Grace? She passed away 30 years ago."
aunt-bethany1 (1).jpg

This is a Sam team after all so here's the obligatory mesprit (the gurdurr comes later). Already had a rocker and a z-move user so I went with CM+Colbur. Psyshock helps with the clef weakness and HP ground is just an all around great move to bop toge aggron and skunk.

Russ
"Oh, woo. Look at the time. I gotta get to bed. I still gotta brush my teeth, feed the hog, still got some homework to do, still got those bills to pay, wash the car.."
ruscva1.jpg

Aurorus has really great synergy with specs jelli. It can force things like lanturn, toge, eel to come in and tank big chunks of damage. Aurorus also helps with the annoying scyther matchup.

Art Smith
"Those little lights are not twinkling..."
Art smith 1.jpg

This is a bulky gurdurr set I think works well with the team. The bulk allows gurdurr to take things like Z-Brave bird from dodrio, hurricane from sensu, and even modest psychic from mesprit. You can 1v1 almost any physical attacker in the tier with drain/bulk up.

Cousin Eddie
"Shitter was full!"
cousin-eddie-vacation (1).jpg

Thought you'd get a scarf user to have some form of speed control right? Wrong! Skunk provided a much needed mesprit switch in, and also obviously synergies well with gurdurr to help trap mesprt and sensu. Black glasses with an adamant nature can do some big damage either just with crunch on neutral targets or pursuing ghosts/psychics. The little bit of spdef bulk allows you to live Z-hurricane from bulky sensu/pom and also a z-hyper beam from unboosted lilligant.

I hope you like the team and even more so I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!!!

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Sam I Yam merry christmas! :blobwizard:

Electrode @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion

Victreebel @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Swords Dance
- Strength Sap
- Poison Jab

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Simisear @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Substitute

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Keen Eye
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Drill Run
- Stone Edge

So this is a dual screens team you requested. I decided to make it a little more challenging and add some unusual sets. Like the dual Gluttony core. Anyway, Electrode was chosen as the Screens setter cause it is fast and can Taunt Defoggers unlike Meowstic or Mesprit for example. You should usually lead with it, especially if they have no Defog user. Golurk sets Rocks and also blocks Rapid Spin in one slot, and it also functions as a check to Lycanroc and Scarf Toge. The rest of the pokemon are setup sweepers chosen together for synergy.

- Victreebel is a bulky SD + Sap set with Salac Berry that will outspeed Base 110 pokemon after a boost. Also it absorbs Tspikes which is pretty important. I wish it was bulkier but it can be scary enough if you get the Screens up.
- Gorebyss is chosen as a Shell Smasher over Omastar so the team wouldn't be too weak to Ground or Mach Punch. This is a typical Smash set with Shadow Ball to lure Jellicent. But you can replace it with Omastar, neither is really better than the other.
- Simisear is the second Gluttony user that can actually take a beating with Aguav under screens. Sub is chosen to dodge Sucker.
- Finally Lycanroc is necessary as a priority user and something that can outspeed and kill Froslass/Dodrio, who would otherwise be very dangerous.

Enjoy! :blobshrug:

EDIT: meh replay https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-836497560

Last edited:

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
So I came in this pretty confident that I wouldn't have to surpass my Scarf Cress team from RU Santa, and then I got this:

"so could I get an electric terrain team with alolachu and drifblim"

oh. oh.

... Challenge accepted, UberSkitty

Drifblim @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Electric Terrain

Dugtrio-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

Claydol @ Light Clay
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Lilligant (F) @ Normalium Z
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hyper Beam
- Quiver Dance
- Encore

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Memento

So that was a, well, pretty difficult idea to work around LOL, especially cause Scarf Togedemaru just eats this alive and you're giving it a boost with terrain, which is bad, and Raichu having to manually set terrain is really annoying to do cause you lose a slot for coverage or even NP. So I basically tried to hard stack screens and suicide support, with broken Lilligant as the last breaker. Dugtrio is the rocker of choice, still alola over kanto cause steel stab, annoying ability, Memento to get the sacking started. Claydol has screens and EQ cause Aggron / Lycanroc / Skuntank, Boom to sack it as well. Skuntank is general utility here, especially since it's like the one check to Togedemaru I felt confident running. The other three mons are the general sweepers here. Raichu in theory should have enough to potentially setup terrains and if you're against offence yay. Grass Knot is still useful here I think cause heavy bulky mons are annoying to this build in general, especially Mudsdale and Regirock, but otherwise Focus Blast is an option. Driftblim... I tried to make it take advantage of Unburden more with Acrobatics, but it could be ran with special investment. DBond is nice cause Drift still struggles to break stuff in the long run, and getting that ko might be crucial. Last sweeper is Lilligant, cause of course that dumbass is broken, cough cough council. Nature can be changed, I like Encore but it's not an absolute must, Sleep Powder can be a thing but it's already not reliable and with terrain... yea. Still, it should get some setup opportunities due to the build, and under screens revenging it can be a nightmare.

Anyway, that's all! At first I wanted to use Screens Evire to setup terrain but then I realized just how bad the idea was. End product is still highly volatile, but heck, tried to have fun with the idea as much as I could bop.

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Merry Christmas Lennart !
"I would like somebody to build around stallbreaker rampardos! the gourgeist was just added to have a "kind of" balanced core , would be open for other versions as well! -> https://pokepast.es/fa46acbbc8e0a6a0"

https://pokepast.es/6c6bfa337d4d7e8f
Rampardos (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Skuntank @ Figy Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

So this was new to me - Double Set-Up Rampardos is something I'd never tried before, but was definitely a lot of fun. Anyone who sees a Rampardos typically expects a scarf so I found this set to be really good for bluffing Scarf, baiting pokemon like Mudsdale and Gurdurr in only to nail them with a +2 Tectonic Rage. Gourgeist was also a great pick to combine with Rampardos as it provided a fighting immunity and ground resist, as well as spreading burns around giving Rampardos easier setup.

My first pick to round out this core was Gurdurr. Not only did Gurdurr act as a status absorber for Gourgeist but it also has a great time cleaning up in the late-game after Pokémon like Mudsdale are weakened by Rampardos. Gurdurr also gave me a way to punish the physical attackers that couldn't comfortably be checked by Gourgeist, such as Sandslash-A, Skuntank and Hitmonchan.
Clefairy was picked as the rocker thanks to its role compression as a self-sustaining special tank, checking various Pokémon like Lanturn and Silvally-Dragon for Gourgeist as well as a few of the stronger attackers like Exeggutor-A. The last slot on Clefairy is always pretty flexible but I went for Wish, giving Clefairy an alternate healing option that allows for easier pivoting for the rest of the team.
Stallbreaker Pom-Pom was then selected to help with the Lilligant matchup while also, as the name suggests, helping against stall.
Finally, Skuntank rounded out the team by providing an offensive check to Haunter, Raichu-A and Offensive Mesprit, as well as Defog support & Toxic Spikes absorption.

Overall this team has some problems with certain breakers like Raichu-A and Jellicent but some careful sacks can help you play around them. I found the team to be pretty fun in testing on both ladder and room tours and I hope you enjoy it!

Marry Christmas zoowi! And btw thanks to uhuhuhu7 for the really nice looking team, always appreciate love for my boy ramp (also seen on Hjads Team) and for reminding me to post my team here too, lol :]
Squad 1:

Squad 2:

Squad 3:

Squad 4:
(Mr.Mime doesnt work somehow)

Link to the pokepaste -> https://pokepast.es/95f126d3d1239426 (slash black glasses on skunk at the first team;gives better, more convenient chances to defog)

Well, this request certainly was a challenge. The demanded core of Scyther+Oricorio obviously has a huge, striking weakness defensively with overlapping weaknesses and beeing quad rock weak, which forces you to at least have one defogger (since rapid spin alone isnt safe with all these possible spinblockers and their pravelence in form of jellicent) and snatches away two very important slots, leaving only 4 others which technically could be rocker/remover 1/remover 2/breaker or cleaner (dependent on the scyther/oricorio), which forced huge difficulties while building, bigger than I would have thought since there arent as many solid options for the remover slots besides skunk and chan in kombination with the rocker and forth slot(/other, if you only choose one remover) plus having the right defensive combination with the least overlapping slots (if not needed, there are threats that even nearly require that or youd be happy to have two checks versus) and solid defensive Pokemon (I am the kinda guy that would use Wormadam-T but if your Team is full with Pokemon like these, you automatically loose versus knock off [same issue with eviolite pokemon and chip, like wayyyy to many PU Pokemon have no Revovery and yes ik Captain Obvious striked again, hehe :]). Also there is the luxus problem of wanting some innovation in the team, not just conventional things everyone is overly prepared for. Well luckily I am very stubborn and a bit obsessed with teambuilding, so I tried many things and threw some teams together after long thought and research and builded team one, which alone somehow left me unsatisfied, so I continiued and somehow ended up having four teams but technically rather three, as the last two are only versions of one team. I have to apologize, I am really lazy with me writing so I try to keep everything as short and possible and only talk about the non standard sets. Physically defensive scyther gets many set up opportunities in team two and allows this team to better deal with stoutland, which was just a huge nuisance without a steel type. cb crab is a matter of the heart pick (I always have my little staple pokemon, I love to play) and facilitates the stall match up and gives you a very potent breaker which appreciates the 3 momentum options, only beeing annoyed by qwilfish and jelli but qwilfish gets worn down so easily and takes like at least 30~ from cb ice hammer and jelli isnt a switch in really either, except from the defensive variants, which fear tpunch as well. silvally fighting provides a check to aggron and lycanroc, which combines the ability to support the team with momentum and defog in one mon, which cam quite clutch in testing. Marill with sap sipper gives team 3 a safer lilligant answer and counter to av crab and niche threats like simisear whilst trapping many threats (though mons with momentum can switch in and take zero, especially volt switch pokemon like av eel). the second version trades these merits for more power with specs clown, which also trades the better lilligant and crab switch in for a solid drampa check, which this team also appreciate and I really feel specs fblast exploits the metagame changes (like roselia and jellicent) quite well and is just an offensive force to be reckoned with. Also came to enjoy Servine, really cool mon which may be overlooked, due to lilligants huge shadow covering it. Anyway, hope you enjoy the teams except my subpar explanations I am not satisfied with (also feel like I forgot many thought processes after building), so feel free to ask questions regarding the teams whenever you like!

Hey Darkfire47 I was your Secret Santa and I hope the team is everything you dreamed of! It was pretty tricky making a team based around Wonder Room, but I think I did a pretty decent job. Without further ado, I present;
THE ROOM
Tommy Wiseau (Sableye) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wonder Room
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Recover

Mahk (Aggron) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Heavy Slam

Psychologist Guy (Kadabra) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Wonder Room
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover

Denny (Scyther) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite

Lisa (Eelektross) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Lisa's Mom (Silvally-Water) @ Water Memory
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Parting Shot

Making this team was quite the challenge! You requested a team with Wonder Room or Magic Room, and I eventually decided to make a Wonder Room team. Since Wonder Room switches Spd and Def stats temporarily, there actually quite a few ways this could play out. You could either have a defensive team based off of the wacky defensive swappages or an offensive team based on them. I found it was easier and more effective to make a defensive team, considering Wonder Room only lasts for 4 turns. Swapping offensive mons would waste those precious few turns, and make your team susceptible to more counter play. I tested both variants, but the defensive version proved to be far better. Alright, now on to the actual mons. First I had to find decent pokemon that could actually somewhat use wonder room not horribly (a task easier said than done, a lot of mons that get wonder room are either awful or have equal Spd/Def, which makes Wonder Room kinda useless). The first mon was Sableye, which is the backbone of the team. Not only does Sableye allow for prankster Wonder Room, it but it also has a pretty good Def stat and a phenomenal typing. Sableye has maximum investment in Def, which, thanks to Wonder Room, can instantly be transformed into a good Spd stat at will. Also if they switch in a physically offensive mon after Wonder Room is set up, you can just use it again to cancel it! Basically, what Wonder Room does is essentially allow Sableye to freely switch between being a Defensive and Specially Defensive powerhouse, which can be extremely valuable and really throw your opponents for a loop. The next mon is Kadabra. Kadabra actually has good specially defensive bulk with eviolite. It also gets Wonder Room, recover, AND magic guard, which all support its longevity. Kadabra is best brought in on bulky stealth rockers like mudsdale and regirock, among others. It can then set up Wonder Room to gain a high defensive stat, and use calm mind and recover to win the long game. The main problem with this is that Kadabra doesn't have amazing speed while it's defensively invested and can sometimes be hit before it can set up Wonder Room. Dazzling gleam is also pretty weak, and there isn't room on the set for a strong STAB move like psychic. The rest of the team is comprised of pivots (Eelektross/Scyther/Silvally) and breakers (Aggron (and Eelektross, to a lesser extent)). Eelektross is a solid mon that is good all-around and can provide good momentum and coverage. Aggron can hit like a truck and also has some crazy things you can do with its newfound special bulk under Wonder Room. Scyther is there for speed control and momentum, but it can also hit very hard. A lot of Scyther's checks/counters are Def invested which can be exploited during Wonder Room. There's nothing more satisfying then landing a brick break on an opposing Aggron during Wonder Room. Silvally Water is a pretty generic and basic mon, but it can do a lot reasonably well, including defogging without being weak to rocks and hitting rock/ground/water types hard with its good coverage. The team is fun to pilot (you get some crazy reactions from opponents sometimes) and can do some funky things. There is definitely a lot more potential in Wonder Room than I originally thought, and I think with further tinkering, it could actually be really good. As of right now though, its not going to win any competitive prizes, although it can do pretty well at low/mid ladder. I hope you enjoy the team, I put a lot of time and effort into it :) (Note, team is weak to lycanroc, and would probably benefit from a rocks setter, but couldn't think of anything to switch out)

Dear esteemed Mr INSANE CARZY GUY, I was your Secret Santa, so I bring you your Zangoose + SlowTurners Team
(
/
)(
/
)
The Goon (Zangoose) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Eelizabeth (Eelektross) (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

That'sTheSpirit (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

i dunno (Audino) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Encore

Ali (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

Le Pew (Skuntank) (M) @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
The Goon (Zangoose) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Eelizabeth (Eelektross) (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

That'sTheSpirit (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

SCYTHA GANG (Scyther) @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Ali (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin

dank koolkat (Persian-Alola) (M) @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Toxic

To start, we have the Zangoose + AV Eelektross core you wanted. From this, it's clear that you want a powerful wallbreaker in Zangoose and a way to bring it in safely via a SlowTurn. So, to help with this and provide hazards and Healing Wish support for both the constantly chipped Zangoose and Eel, I added defensive Mesprit, keeping up momentum and allowing Zangoose to come in more. Since hazards relentlessly chip away at VoltTurn, Hitmonchan was added to alleviate some of that pressure. Next, we have where the 2 versions of the team differ. V1 is a bit bulkier at the cost of a bit less momentum, using Audino as a great defensive Pokemon to provide Wish support for the rest of the team and still allow free switches using Encore as well as using Skuntank to smack Ghosts that Hitmonchan and to a lesser extent Zangoose hate. The second version trades a lot of bulk for more momentum, sporting Scyther as a faster pivot that also benfits greatly from the SlowTurning of Mesprit and Eelektross and Alolan Persian, whose (Z-)Parting Shot fits in with the team, allowing Zangoose and Scyther to come in much more comfortably.

I really hope you enjoy these teams and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
That's dope, last gen I'd get shit faced and when I set up the Zangoose sweep, I'd get up and run around yelling, "GOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

I think I like the 2nd team better cause it needs the taunt and scyther is just hype, but I miss pursuit, after playtesting to see if its needed I might go for banded scyther

Good fucking shit

Wonder room team is also sick af

'ello there HJAD - You had the misfortune of receiving me as your builder at a time when I'm super busy, so it took me a while to refine your AV Spam team.

Let me just get this out there - 2+ AV users is pretty restrictive to building, because it essentially gives you two slots to patch up defensive weaknesses and/or assign a setup threat. I decided to patch weaknesses and add flexibility, and it came at the cost of potential clean-sweeping. I hope you enjoy this team - it's certainly one of the most unique concepts I've ever executed upon.

The Process
The first thing I needed to do was determine the AV users and determine how to patch AV's inherent weakness, which is complete lack of recovery.

I started off with a pretty standard AV user in Eelektross. I feel like it's quite effective in the current metagame (read: Jellicent on every team) and has been an excellent staple in PU for the entire generation.

1545237607575.png

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Drain Punch

Not much to say about the set here - I wanted to give it Drain Punch over Knock because I don't see a lot of eviolite abusers in the metagame and additional recovery seemed important. It also allows Eel to match up better against Chan in a pinch and tank out a little better than normal, which is kind of a theme of the team. Eel's coverage, as everyone knows, is almost perfect in the tier, which makes it a little difficult to find specific partners for.

This led me to my next AV user. I first started with Kecleon, because I used to have immense success with AV PuP/Drain/Sucker/Shadow Sneak, but its heyday is definitely over. I replaced it with a similar mon to Eel in that it has truly excellent coverage and respectable bulk + power, but on the Physical side.

1545237904213.png

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Crabo has always been an underrated threat to PU's metagame. Honestly, I think Sub + 3 attacks is more anti-meta than AV, since it eats Will o Wisp from Jellicent and Froslass, but I ran some calcs and found that AV Crabo definitely has arguments for itself.

Its main argument is: Hey, I can sit here and take any non-fighting hit and hit you back for SE damage, so don't f*** with me.

The main problem with this argument is, of course, Mister Crab takes a good chunk from that 'any non-fighting hit', and is then too slow to really do much in return. Really, the main argument against Band Crabo, except that this one can sponge weak SE/mid-high-power neutral hits a bit better.
0 SpA Mesprit Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Crabominable: 186-222 (46.7 - 55.7%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exeggutor-Alola Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Crabominable: 313-369 (78.6 - 92.7%)

So, basically, after adding Crabo, we have two AV mons who have amazing coverage and the power to back it up, but who are slow-as-balls and have to take 30-60% oftentimes in order to hit back with that coverage. The next choice was obvious - with any AV-centric team, you are going to need a cleric and Wish Passer.

1545240902787.png

Audino @ Normalium Z
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

I turned to Audino, because it's the best passer in the tier and because it is surprisingly obnoxious in lategame after big threats have been neutralized. It also just so happens that the arguments I laid out for Eel and Crabo above highlight their ability to deal with threats at the expense of their hp. The Normalium is weird, especially when I have another Z user later, but I honestly just got tired of Knock Off doing so much. Leftovers is way better; please ignore my set and use it instead. So far in 10 games or so of testing, I have yet to use Z-Heal Bell, but maybe it will have a purpose some day.

I honestly kinda want to put SpDef Wish Pass Togedemaru in this slot, but it just doesn't have the natural bulk to tank neutral Physical hits, which I end up relying on Dino to do, especially lategame. Feel free to experiment - I've had a lot of success with Audino in this slot 'cleaning up' the leftover bulky mons after Crabo+Eel have wreaked havoc on the offensive mons.

The next thing I needed was a hazard core, which I really struggled with. I settled on one mon in particular very early on, however, because it patches up Audino and Crabominable's shared Fighting weakness (Hitmonchan and Gurdurr basically just 6-0'd with no effort)

1545239290762.png

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Multi-Attack
- Thunderbolt

Silvally-Fairy filled a lot of gaps that the team had, namely its fighting weakness as noted above. Ape, Gurdurr, and Hitmonchan all run train on the offensive core, and abuse the heck out of Audino, so I needed a guaranteed way to deal with them. I am a big fan of Granbull for this purpose, but it really doesn't fit on this team, and Silvally fit excellently as my defogger. Gurdurr can still give this team problems, given that Vally gets worn down and Gurdurr can hold its own if it gets a boost up ahead of time, but I have other tools to deal with that elsewhere on the team. Parting shot is also extremely valuable when you are working with an AV core, because they rely so much on being able to come in on the right mons, force switches, and tank hits. I've found that the early game with this team sometimes comes down to just pivoting and clearing hazards for 30 turns before someone messes up and gets crushed by Crabominable.

An added bonus of this set is Thunderbolt (thank you based Twix for slashing this in the analysis; it's amazing), because it bops unsuspecting Qwilfish who want to Jab Silvally in the face.

Next, I needed a rocker and desperately needed a PhysDef mon of some kind. I originally had standard Colbur Rocks Mesprit, but I really found myeslf getting worn down by all of the medium-strong Physical hits, and never really got the opportunity to Healing Wish as I'd hoped.

1545239755979.png

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Defensive Metang filled this niche surprisingly well. Not only did it give me another way to deal with Skuntank with correct play (EQ still does almost 50% to offensive defog Skuntank), but it also blanket checks pretty much everythign else in the tier, at least long enough to pivot something else in that could threaten. Aggron? Meh. Dodrio? MehMehMeh. Sandslash-Alola? Funny joke (actually, this used to basically 6-0 me before I switched to Metang).

I've been very impressed by Metang's ability to deal with the threats it needs to, either with Toxic or its coverage and inherent bulk (go figure, I have another mon with no recovery but with an uncanny ability to take 30-40% from pretty much every move I want to eat).

Finally, I needed some kind of wincon/support. I toyed with several different setup sweepers, but I really didn't like how exposed they made the team to speed control and how they kinda went against the flexibility I had built into the team. All viable scarfers were basically out, because I already had issues with doing enough damage to seal the deal on a lot of defensive mons. That sentence will make this last pick seem a bit....questionable, but it really supports the team in a unique way that nothing else quite could.

1545240112351.png

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Play Rough
- Foul Play

Persian-A does not provide a setup wincon nor true speed control nor defensive synegy with basically anythign else on the team. If anything, it compounds the Fighting weakness that was already noted before and puts more weight on Silvally-Fairy's shoulders. So, what gives?

If you've been listening, you'd know that literally everything in the team has no reliable recovery outside of Audino. You'll also know that everything except Dino has the ability to dish out respectable/good damage with excellent coverage, but have to tank hits and unfavorable conditions in order to do so, which they can only do if the opponent cannot set up/stay with boosted stats. This is where Z-Parting Shot Persian actually comes in clutch; not only does it provide Taunt support to prevent monsters like Gurdurr and Lilligant from setting up freely and bopping everything in sight, but it also provides a get-out-of-jail free card in Z-Parting Shot. Watching the replays, you'll notice that I played hard and heavy with Eel/Crabo and did a bunch of damage at the cost of most of their HP, switched them out, and waited for my opportunity to heal them up with Z-Parting. Giving them their HP back and basically forcing a switch with Parting Shot's offense-lowering effect is a huge turning factor, and really gives this team the glue and 'special something' that it needs. If you're facing a fighting-heavy lineup, or at least one with someone who realizes how reliant you are on Silv-Fairy for fighting tanking, you can even use Z-Parting on Silv-Fairy to allow it to win the attrition war and clear more hazards.

You'll also notice that I pretend like Persian is a scarfer, because 361 speed is reeeeeally fast, and Foul Play is surprisingly strong. Play Rough exists to get surprise hits in on Primeapes who come in expecting to become monsters off of Parting Shot, and also allows for surprise hits on Gurdurr and Hitmonchan who think they're safe. Toxic really isn't that important for this team anyways, so adding another possible way to chip and KO fighting threats is much more important.

tl;dr: Persian is an odd pick and makes the team look awful, but if you play correctly, it actually adds a lot of value ot the team by providing an additional offensive pivot, second-sweep button, anti-setup option, and additional Fighting-weakness compensation. Use it - it's fun.

Audino @ Normalium Z
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
- Play Rough
- Foul Play

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Drain Punch

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Multi-Attack
- Thunderbolt

So, there you have it. I hope you enjoy the team, Mr. HBAD, because it was kind of a b**** to build. I really enjoy the weird way it turned out, but it requires careful piloting in order for it to work.

Long live slow threats! Long live AV! Long live PIVOT-CAT!

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Santa Ktut is here for you, my friend!

BackAtYouBro !! here is a team I hope you will love. The core you requested was Colbur jelli + Spdef snowslash, so I tried to figure out how not to post the sample team utilizing both. Colbur Jelli is a very weird mon, because people have heavily adapted to it, so most teams include stuff like Band Facade stoutland, specs exeguttor, other jellicents, random water resists or electric types. I was therefore forced to build something quite fat, and able to keep toptiers in check while being fun.

I wanted this team to be a 'ktut' team, as people would say: so I hope you will enjoy the warmth Solrock brings to this build.

TeamBuilding Process
I chose roselia as the 3rd mon, because it can switch into eggy once, and snowslash+roselia should let you pivot into it a couple of times. Roselia is also crucial in order to stop OTR neckboi, and acts as a lilligant counter, jellicent check, + absorbs toxicspikes and lays spikes which help your jelli pressure the opposing team.

Then, my real present for you is solrock! This pokémon should be S rank Solrock shouldn't ever used in a serious team (it was already hard to use it in a meta where it checked magmortar, archeops and pyroar). But Jellicent and roselia just let stoutland get kills too easily, and I didn't want to put a regirock here, because 1) u requested stealth rock snowslash 2) It's probably the only team where solrock seems to actually have a niche. Indeed, it Counters stoutland, kangaskhan. It doesn't care about spikes, which makes it really fun imo. I imagined this set, I'm pretty sure no one can deny that Wow+CM is the coolest combo for a bulky wincon ! Everything that beats solrock (grasses and waters) is hard checked by the former 3 mons, and skuntank will not beat this psychic monoattacker (who uses special skunk).

Pompom brings a nice gurdurr check, and is in general a good spikes abuser+wincon. 88 spatk guarantee a KO on aggron with hidden power, which is nice since the team doesnt have any aggron switchin. Aggron being quite terrible and unpopular atm, I think this should be alright. Pompom in general is an underrated mon, and you will see that nothing really switches into it for free.

Finally, Kangaskhan was chosen for Speed Control thanks to its dual prio. It pairs well with pom for an offensive core since they both threaten offensive teams a lot with one or more layer of spikes, +wear regirock down throughout the game. Jolly is better imo in order to outspeed qwilfish and skuntank: so u don't get Destiny bonded/twaved/whatever before u kill the fish, and don't let skuntank defog your entry hazards away.

Importable

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Solrock @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Morning Sun

EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/51a18f79ec7e4e86

Merry Christmas :]

PS: if there's a better spread for Solrock, tell me :p

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
Hey Oathkeepre I absolutely loved your request for a KangaSpikes team with Froslass as the spiker bc these kind of teams are something I feel pretty confident with. Anyway, without further ado...

click mons for pokepaste
So KangaSpikes is a fairly well known playstyle, and I won't go too much into Froslass set since it's basically standard. However, I did want to veer away from standard Fake Out Kang, as I've really been liking PUP+Z-move lately for getting past traditional Normal checks like Regirock and this set also really appreciates the spikes wearing down bulkier mons. Next up was a spinner, and originally I had a Scarf Kabutops in this slot, but it proved to be pretty lackluster imo. An offensive Alolan Sandslash further helps weaken Pokemon like Regirock and Mudsdale, and its Knock Off support helps get rid of Leftovers and Rocky Helmets on defensive mons that would otherwise annoy Kang more. Modest Scarf Mesprit was added as a form of speed control that can also hit pretty hard and also pivot into other threats as well as provide Healing Wish support that almost every member of the team can appreciate. Next up was AV Eelektross as a sort of blanket check to special attackers that also helps the Voltturn aspect of the team, keeping offensive pressure up. Finally, Mudsdale was added as a way of checking Aggron and other powerful physical attackers and providing Stealth Rock. I picked Roar as the last move since it helps to shuffle mons around and also prevents setup from the likes of Zangoose and Oricorio.

The team is pretty weak to Jellicent since there isn't really a Water resist, but with two Knock Off users and a pretty strong Hex user, it hasn't been a problem for me.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Oathkeepre I absolutely loved your request for a KangaSpikes team with Froslass as the spiker bc these kind of teams are something I feel pretty confident with. Anyway, without further ado...

click mons for pokepaste
So KangaSpikes is a fairly well known playstyle, and I won't go too much into Froslass set since it's basically standard. However, I did want to veer away from standard Fake Out Kang, as I've really been liking PUP+Z-move lately for getting past traditional Normal checks like Regirock and this set also really appreciates the spikes wearing down bulkier mons. Next up was a spinner, and originally I had a Scarf Kabutops in this slot, but it proved to be pretty lackluster imo. An offensive Alolan Sandslash further helps weaken Pokemon like Regirock and Mudsdale, and its Knock Off support helps get rid of Leftovers and Rocky Helmets on defensive mons that would otherwise annoy Kang more. Modest Scarf Mesprit was added as a form of speed control that can also hit pretty hard and also pivot into other threats as well as provide Healing Wish support that almost every member of the team can appreciate. Next up was AV Eelektross as a sort of blanket check to special attackers that also helps the Voltturn aspect of the team, keeping offensive pressure up. Finally, Mudsdale was added as a way of checking Aggron and other powerful physical attackers and providing Stealth Rock. I picked Roar as the last move since it helps to shuffle mons around and also prevents setup from the likes of Zangoose and Oricorio.

The team is pretty weak to Jellicent since there isn't really a Water resist, but with two Knock Off users and a pretty strong Hex user, it hasn't been a problem for me.

Thanks so much Sergio! I can't wait to test it =)

Hi everyone, hope you have a merry Christmas

Jonago, I had the pleasure to build a team for you. Interesting core though. So, without further ado, heres your Banded Granbull + Specs Lanturn core team as promised.

Granbull @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Dodrio @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Frustration

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Scald
- Taunt

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

I had quite a lot of fun making this. Although, it was pretty hard, i got there in the end.

Starting off with the core you asked for, Granbull and Lanturn core works decently well surprisingly. A Hydro Pump from a Specs Lanturn can OHKO many threats such as: bulky and banded Mudsdale, Toge and volt kills Qwilfish which could threaten Granbull

Granbull also kills threats to the team such as Lilligant and even Spikes Fatlass

Moving away from the core, it's a pretty standard team. Qwilfish is the main setter here with Taunt, Dbond and Spikes. Paired with Stealth Rocks Mesprit to let Dodrio, Granbull and Lanturn shine. Dodrio works here as a late game sweeper which is a switch in to a predicted Earthquake on Lanturn if Mes dies. Lastly Frostom is both a Defogger and a revenge killer if needed.

Hope you enjoy using the team, this took me a while to make and think of? if thats the correct wording.

More importantly, have a great Christmas and don't forget to spend time with your family.

PS: this should be on everyones Christmas lists

Last edited:

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
vivalospride you requested webs feat jynx which uh...
idk i did not feel confident with any comp i tried in testing, this is hardly an archetype i'd want to use in current meta with removal being literally everywhere. ended up going with nuzzle/taunt on smeargle bc spore makes your requested Lovely Kiss a dead slot.
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Nuzzle

Jynx @ Icium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Knock Off

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Ice Beam
i hope you enjoy the team more than i did!

So I had the privilege to make a team for esteemed and great user Ktütverde as it is my gift to you for handing me the beautiful Solrock Balance. You could say it's the gift that keeps on giving <3

Click on the sprites for the paste!

You requested a team involving Eelektross and Dodrio and at first I pondered around with this because initially these two mons didn't seem to be very synergistic. However, I soon realized that a Banded Dodrio could compliment the idea that I've based this team around. I've wanted to build a team like this for a while now but it is Bellossom with Toxic Spikes support. I've always enjoyed the concept of abusing T-Spikes for bulkier sweepers and I've never tried it in PU so I decided to build it around Bellossom. Eelektross provided a Dodrio check to assist this team and provided a slow Volt Switch to safely bring in Dodrio or Bellossom. Dodrio is useful on this team though as it is able to remove those bulky Grass-types that would otherwise just continuously wall Bellossom. I also have a bit of a soft spot for the Band set despite it probably being the worst atm so you got that too. Next up is Qwilfish to compliment Eelektross with both Defense and Special Defense. It also was the logical decision to pair Bellossom with as I obviously did not want to stack Grass-types. Next up is the star Bellossom who does Bellossom things and is carrying Moonblast so that Neccboy aka A-Eggy cannot freely switch-in. Next up Defog is counterintuitive to hazard stack obviously so I got A-Slash to compress Rocks and Spinning that also gave me a much sturdier A-Eggy check. Finally, this whole team just loses to SD A-Slash and Normal wallbreakers if my Qwilfish got chipped hard enough so I added Defensive Poliwrath with the usual RestTalk Scald+Circle Throw to handle Physical mons nicely. I know this team is a little standard so apologies if you wanted more variety but I hope you enjoy the team as it appears to be fine in my testing!

Merry Christmas to you all as well!

Here's a fun replay against Toy Time King as a bonus!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-840102957

Last edited:

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Merry Christmas Sixes_ ! Here is your team featuring Choice Band Mesprit and Choice Band Spiritomb.

Mesprit_XY.gif
Spiritomb_XY.gif
Exeggutor-Alola_SM.gif
Sandslash-Alola_SM.gif
Togedemaru_SM.gif
Gurdurr_XY.gif

Mesprit @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Trick
- U-turn

Spiritomb @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak / Feint Attack
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Trick

Exeggutor-Alola @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Slush Rush
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin / Toxic
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

This core was.....................a challenge. They have close to no synergy, and even with the Choice Band neither of them are wallbreakers. In fact, after some tinkering I figured out that the bands are actually more valuable on the opponent's team. So that is the central concept of the team: disrupt with Trick and create openings for Exeggutor-Alola to come in and smash things with an alternative wincon in Scarf Togedemaru.
  • Mesprit's set is pretty straight-forward: Zen is for STAB and the rest is for disruption. Knock Off and Trick are both to mess with your opponent's items, and U-Turn is there to salvage up some offensive momentum.
  • Spiritomb's set is a classic. Double priority is neat, but the real winner is Pursuit getting a ton of chip on a ton of mons. Honestly Spiritomb is the better band user just cuz of that. I also have Feint Attack slashed because maybe you want a good attack that isn't priority. It also has a very good chance to KO Jellicent after Rocks. Jelli is a big deal for this team.
  • Now that the core is out of the way, the team desperately needed 2 things: a reason for the madness and a wallbreaker. Luckily, Exeggutor-A is just that. Hits like a truck, and the plan is that all of the forced Choice Bands will give Exeggutor plenty of opportunities to switch in and cause havoc either by Trick Room sweeps or just swapping in or nuking with Draco Meteor. Because the core doesn't offer much in terms of utility, support, or synergy, these remaining 4 slots are going to be key for making this work and Exeggutor rolls in both a solid wallbreaker and a wincon into one.
  • Next mon is Sandslash Alola, and this is chosen to help against Fairies, Ice, Dragon, Normal, and most importantly roll both the hazard setter and hazard removal roles into a single slot. The utility backbone of this team needs to be intensely compressed to make up for the rest of the team, and luckily Sandslash-A is able to do a ton all in 1 slot. You can also run Toxic over Rapid Spin for more chip damage and punish switchins since this team actually doesn't mind Stealth Rock too much...although Toxic Spikes are a pain.
  • At this point, the team is incredibly slow and has no Paralysis support. There needs to be speed control and Togedemaru comes in to save the day. Toge is chosen to help beat stuff like Dodrio and Swords Dance Scyther, who can actually rip the team to shreds otherwise. Toge also adds to the U-Turn core of the team and adds extra buffering against Fairies and Flying and so on. Toge also can work as a secondary wincon, as the chip damage and disruption actually favors Toge greatly for a classic lategame sweep.
  • Last slot needed to do a ton of work in a lot of different areas, and I tried many different mons and many different sets before settling on Gurdurr. Gurdurr can break stalls with its slow setup, wall other threats with pure bulk, revenge kill with Mach Punch, absorb status, and in general pull a ton of weight. In a way, Gurdurr can also be a third wincon. In truth, Gurdurr does not synergize with the rest of the team particularly well in terms of getting the job done or defensive synergy, but what Gurdurr does do is work as a standalone to fill in the gaps of the team.
Overall making this team was an adventure. Hope you enjoy it!

edit: here is Oathkeepre heroically using the team in a match https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-840264512

Last edited:
hi Akir, you requested a spikes stack ho and after many variations and a lot of help from various ppl, i finally settled on a team that i like

i honestly cant give you an indepth building process. i dont play this tier so i just went to the vr and role compendium and decided that froslass is prob the best spiker since its fast and has a buncha cool utility moves. i thought about omastar but he gets taunted and didnt seem very good. i figured kang is a good spikes abuser between strong double edges and prio. i was lookin for something to come in on usual kang checks and sorta abuse them and wanted to try floatzel as hes super fast and hits hard AND gets taunt to pressure fat dudes (tho i guess focus is nice for alola slash). metang was suggested to me by tjay since it filled the role of rocker and helped me not lose to oricorio and the scarf electric mouse mon. oricorio gave me a nice aesthetic and provided me with a speedy win con. lili is like a+ on the vr so i put him on. i tested it a bit and i won like every game besides the ones i played vs tjay so i think it might be good?? regardless i tried my best and building ho was p hard compared to like bulky off or balance which were way easier to work w when i played pupl. i hope you have fun with the squad and maybe find a way to improve it. merry christmas

here are the earlier drafts if youre curious:

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
1545851397224.png
M+M+M+M Offense for PhantomHurious
Image is Team Importable
So I received this awkward core from PhantomHurious of Choice Band Muk + Flyinium Z Murkrow and I didn't really know what to do with it at first. Murkrow hasn't really been seen for a long time and was more of a relic of metagames past whereas Choice Band Muk is probably my least favorite Muk set to use and I felt during teambuilding was kinda restricting to use. The core as a whole makes a lot of sense type synergy-wise but not so much with roles and how they form together so this was a very difficult and fun challenge to sort through. Mesprit is nearly an automatic partner for Muk as it resists Psychic, is immune to Ground, and has several different support options. Originally it was more of a defensive rocker set, but as you can see I made Miltank the Stealth Rock user and Mesprit just an offensive Choice Specs set with Healing Wish to revive something. Oh yeah, there's a Miltank on this team. We don't have Miltank quite yet although it's almost guaranteed at this point that it will drop back to PU which is exciting. If it doesn't end up dropping I will totally restructure this team for you PhantomHurious, but it fits really well and I really like Thick Fat mons. Togedemaru is a pseudo Ice and Rock resist and its a really solid Choice Scarf user in the metagame right now. Lilligant wraps things up as a strong late game sweeper with Quiver Dance despite Murkrow hogging the Z-Crystal for itself. You're gonna have to wait a little bit long PhantomHurious to actually use the team, but nevertheless I really hope you like it.​

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
(late) Merry Christmas allstarapology ! I'm your Secret Santa and here is your team based around Stoutland and Dodrio !

stoutland.pngdodrio.pngalolan_exeggutor.pngmesprit (1).pngpoliwrath (1).pngsnowslash.png
(click on sprites for importable)

Stoutland + Dodrio is a pretty cool core as they both have similar checks and they can overwhelm them and it's also the requested core. At first this was SD Z-Brave Bird Dodrio but I later changed it to Scarf for speed control. Alolan Exeggutor was choosen because it pairs well with this core due to its ability to take advantage of common switch-ins to both Stoutland and Dodrio. Mesprit was next since I needed Rocks + a Fighting resists. Healing Wish and U-turn are also nice, making it the best option. You could change Healing Wish with T-wave since the team is pretty slow outside of Dodrio but I prefer Healing Wish. ToxTec Poliwrath was next and it's the Ice and Rock check. Ice Beam is a weird choice but for a reason some people like to switch Alolan Exeggutor into Poliwrath and it's a threat to this team so having it gone is nice. You can change it for Scald because you can still scout what Alolan Exeggutor is locking itself into with Protect but I did that once and it was OTR and I lost lol. Finally, the team really needed a Flying check, a secondary Ice check and Hazards removal so I added SpDef Snowslash. Protect is nice to scout and helps against OTR Alolan Exeggutor. The team kinda struggles against Hidden Power Fighting Pom-Pom but it can be played around. Simisear is also a threat because the Fire resist can't touch it which is ♿ but it can also be played around.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-834002837 this replay is pretty meh but I don't ladd
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-834051989 a replay against my good friend j0gurt, which shows that Simisear is a threat but that the matchup isn't unwinnable
also I make a lot of questionable plays but that's because I'm bad

Overall a pretty fun team and I hope that you'll enjoy using it ! Happy Holidays !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)