pyritie's junk

Wonderful art! Nice to find another furry here... Also by any chance do you take commisions, if not do you do art trades?

(Even though im a scaly......my “fur”sona is terrifying)

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Wonderful art! Nice to find another furry here... Also by any chance do you take commisions, if not do you do art trades?

(Even though im a scaly......my “fur”sona is terrifying)
I don't really like to call myself a furry because I stay away from the fandom and don't really like the western furry art style very much. I like kemono (i.e., japanese furry) more instead for a variety of reasons.

Also sorry but I don't take commissions rn.

I haven't been doing much art since I've been working on a big project instead, which is now finished

I absolutley adore your fursuit as I've been practicing drawing kemono stuff, amazing work!
I'm actually working on my personal fursuit of a certain raptor atm and I'm wondering how you did the eyes like that? So shiny and cute! An overall amazing job on the suit.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I absolutley adore your fursuit as I've been practicing drawing kemono stuff, amazing work!
I'm actually working on my personal fursuit of a certain raptor atm and I'm wondering how you did the eyes like that? So shiny and cute! An overall amazing job on the suit.
I've got all of the making-of steps on that twitter I linked as well, as well as here: https://twitter.com/i/moments/1129458696650678272

relevant for the eyes:
start out with some plastic domes, I cut these to shape from an old candy container but you can buy similar plastic domes on amazon and such

then you add some white around the edges, I used some craft foam but something like card works as well. Glue it on

make some eyes and print them out, then cut out the pupil. My mistake was making the eyes "forward facing" when they should've been centered, which is why my head looks a bit cross-eyed and derpy from side views. I plan on redoing the eyes at some point to fix this and add better ventilation

then you add some car screen tint to the pupils so you can see out but others can't see in.

The method I want to try out next involves a mesh and printing on transparent paper, which gives better visibility and also you don't run into problems with air bubbles and warping like you do with the screen tint.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/572478574045691909/578735036954837012/IMG_20190517_010620.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2VXPy_WwAElzry.jpg:orig

Finally if you want to get into kemono fursuits I strongly recommend watching this first:

I've got all of the making-of steps on that twitter I linked as well, as well as here: https://twitter.com/i/moments/1129458696650678272

relevant for the eyes:
start out with some plastic domes, I cut these to shape from an old candy container but you can buy similar plastic domes on amazon and such

then you add some white around the edges, I used some craft foam but something like card works as well. Glue it on

make some eyes and print them out, then cut out the pupil. My mistake was making the eyes "forward facing" when they should've been centered, which is why my head looks a bit cross-eyed and derpy from side views. I plan on redoing the eyes at some point to fix this and add better ventilation

then you add some car screen tint to the pupils so you can see out but others can't see in.

The method I want to try out next involves a mesh and printing on transparent paper, which gives better visibility and also you don't run into problems with air bubbles and warping like you do with the screen tint.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/572478574045691909/578735036954837012/IMG_20190517_010620.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2VXPy_WwAElzry.jpg:orig

Finally if you want to get into kemono fursuits I strongly recommend watching this first:
That's really cute! I usually do more modern style fursuits, not overly toony and same faced though. I usually make my eyes from buckram and paint them, and make the whites from craft foam. I never really thought of adding screen tint to the plastic domes.
My raptor fursuit has a fleeced face, and then blue long pile for the hair ( I plan to style it), and slightly shorter for the feathered bits so I'm trying to get myself better with making the fur covering tighter, since wrinkles in fleece would be easier to see, the way you did fleece in the example looks really good even if it was just a test.

As a inexperienced maker, all 7 of my fursuits all being kinda meh, as I never really had a proper razor. I really look up to your work. Kemono fursuits are super cute, but I'm getting more into kemono art rather then the suits as like a side-thing.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
As a inexperienced maker, all 7 of my fursuits all being kinda meh, as I never really had a proper razor. I really look up to your work. Kemono fursuits are super cute, but I'm getting more into kemono art rather then the suits as like a side-thing.
Thank you! This was my first time making a fursuit but I do have a lot of experience making plushies.
The razor is just an inexpensive dog fur trimmer razor I got for like £25. I only used it on the head and hands.

Thank you! This was my first time making a fursuit but I do have a lot of experience making plushies.
The razor is just an inexpensive dog fur trimmer razor I got for like £25. I only used it on the head and hands.
Ah I see, I was stuck with using scissors for my whole time of fursuit making. Better get a dog trimmer!

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
made a charm, they will be for sale eventually. I'm selling a bunch at kansai kemoket in about a week, and if there's any left over then I'll sell them online. If they sell out then I'll probably order some more

also made an ampharos loaf with my embroidery machine

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
long time no post

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

lapras charm postable.png

also one of those togekisses above is still for sale, I reduced the price a little

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)