Quick And Dirty Path [Guide]

On the lost hotel, your clothing has nothing to do with it to get past the punks. You have to learn all the rollerblade tricks from the skaters in Luminose City. One's on the main road, one's in a cafe, one's in a building with an elevator, first floor, and the other's in one of the central circles.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
On Route 14 I found:

Skorupi (single)
Ekans (swarm)
Bellsprout (swarm)

On Route 15 I found:

Watchog
Foogus (single)
Floatzel (surfing)
Lombre (surfing)

I can't get Mightyena in Y, so I assume Mightyena is X-exclusive and Watchog is Y-exclusive.

EDIT: Found Trubbish in the Lost Hotel. It can appear in the bins that appear around the place. If you see the bin shaking, interact with it and you'll find Trubbish.

Last edited:
Route 7: Psyduck [Horde]
Connecting Cave: Zubat [Horde], Axew [Horde], Whismur can be non-horde; it's the same both sides, as they are connected by Strength Boulder anyway
Glittering Cave: You can find Onix by Rock Smash; on the 2nd floor can find Ferroseed if you stand under a shadow
Reflection Cave: Wobbufett are on the 1st floor too. Woobat can be found by standing under shadows.
Azure Bay - There is a grass patch too, in which I found a Inkay
Route 14: You can find Scorupi outside Hordes
Lost Hotel: Litwick is found here

atsync

Some notes about Route 16, which is missing from the guide and is apparently optional:

There is a second entry into the Lost Hotel here which gives you access to the areas that were blocked off from the Route 15 entrance by fallen shelfs.

There are 2 different types of grass. In the longer grass, I found nothing but Foongus, Pumpkaboo, and Phantump. Pumpkaboo seemed to be much more common than Phantump (I play Y; maybe Phantump is more common in X?). The shorter grass contained Klefki, Skorupi, and Foongus, and is probably the same as the Route 15 grass, but I didn't really look thoroughly. I also haven't tried using Sweet Scent there yet for hordes.

The Super Rod is obtained in the house by the docks outside the gate leading into Lumiose City. There is another guy in the same house who asks you about your longest successful fishing streak (as in, how many consecutive times you get a bite when fishing). I think he gives you Dive Balls if you get a good streak (not sure what "good" is though).

In Terminus Cave I found:
Pupitar

In Pokemon Village I found:
Zoroark - Rare (Also in Route 20)
Jigglypuff
Lombe [Horde] (Not surfing)
Poliwag [Horde]
[Garbodor] - In a trash can near the southwest.

Items:
A Pretty Wing, south of Snorlax on the object that looks like a black grave marker.
A Full Restore, next to a trash can by the waterfall paralel to the Unknown Dungeon
A Max Ether, near the southwest border of the zone, up a slope.

Last edited:
If, after beating Team Flare at the Kalos Power Plant, you talk to the people on the ground floor again, you can get a Magnet, TM43 Flame Charge, and half-price Fresh Water.

TM74 Gyro Ball is in Reflection Cave: after reaching the exit to Shalour City, keep going down the stairs to the left and it should be in that area.

Edit: In Lysandre Labs, Team Flare Scientist Celosia's Manectric has Flamethrower. Her Drapion also has Acupressure. Team Flare Scientist Bryony's Liepard has Fake Out and Slash, and her Bisharp has Iron Head.

Last edited:

atsync

atsync Where is the entrance to Route 16? Is it the area south of the gate behind a strength rock?
Yeah. Basically after leaving Laverre City you travel along Route 15 and then head south past the strength rock when you reach the gate leading into Dendemille Town.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Flood Chamber - Elite Four Siebold:

Clawitzer also has Dragon Pulse
Gyarados also has Waterfall
Starmie also has Psychic and Light Screen

Dragonmark Chamber - Elite Four Drasna:

Dragalgae also has Sludge Bomb
Noivern has Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse

Ironworks Chamber - Elite Four Wikstrom:

Aegislash also has King's Shield and Shadow Claw
Probopass also has Discharge

On the lost hotel, your clothing has nothing to do with it to get past the punks. You have to learn all the rollerblade tricks from the skaters in Luminose City. One's on the main road, one's in a cafe, one's in a building with an elevator, first floor, and the other's in one of the central circles.
I did that and it didn't work. :(

atsync

In the Frost Cavern I found:

Cryogonal
Cubchoo (horde)
Vanillite (horde)

Found Legendary in Terminus Cave!
Terminus Cave Final Room contains the following:
Zygarde Lv.70 Dragon/Ground
moveset: Crunch, Earthquake, Dragon Pulse, Camouflage
Ability: Aura Break (Reverses the effects of all aura abilities)
Items found in cave:
Griseous Orb (Top left path)
Adamant Orb (Lower left path)
Lustrous Orb (Lower right path
Big Nugget (invisible, upper right path)

Pokedex info on Pokémon X:
No. 718
Order Pokémon
TYPE: Dragon/Ground
HEIGHT: 16' 05" (5 metres)
Weight: 672.4lbs (305kg)
When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power

Last edited:
Route 5: found a solo Gulpin
Route 7: wild Croagunk can be found
Zubat Roost: there are solo Axew
Glittering Cave: small typo, Aurorus is the name
Route 10: Electrike hordes exist (on Y), but they seem to be the rarest encounter in the tall grass; don't know about flowers
Route 12: Heracross is exclusive to Y, not X
Coumarine City: she gives out TMforgot Acrobatics, TM92 Trick Room and TM100 Confide as well (possibly more)
Route 15: I (Y) haven't found any Mightyena, and apparently they're exclusive to X (with Liepard being the Y counterpart)
Anistar City: aside from Substitute, she also gave me TM35 Flamethrower
Route 19: found a wild Sliggoo by walking around in the swamps

EDIT: Route 20 Guide (thanks to SuperJOCKE for item verification)

The quickest solution to the 8th gym puzzle seems to be 2x Pink, 3x Blue, 3x Pink, 1x Yellow, 3x Green.

Last edited:
Where the four skaters in Luminose are:
  • In Cafe Rouleau on Estival Ave.
  • In front of Cafe Ultimo on the North Boulevard. (Standing under the tree in the middle of the street.)
  • In the first floor of an office building across a taxi near Estival Ave, on the South Boulevard. (The building between the Estival Ave. Stop and the South Blvd. West stop for the Gogoat Shuttle)
  • In Vert Plaza (Green Obelisk) next to Vernal Ave. (Where Cafe Cyclone is.)
Taxis can take you to any cafe in Luminose.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A woman on the second floor gives you False Swipe (TM54) for aiding you in catching Pokemon. Something like Doublade or Scizor would be great to use this on! [I am not sure if this is available Pre Elite 4]
I can confirm that this TM is available immediately upon getting to Lumiose City, and yes, it made catching pokemon wildly easier once I was able to grab a Honedge from Route 6.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
[21:22:14] IAR also the slowking in the seventh gym knows power gem, while meowstic learns psychic @ DHR
[21:23:31] IAR lysandre 3.0: pyroar knows fire blast
[21:23:38] IAR gyarados knows outrage
[21:23:47] IAR honchkrow knows aerial ace
[21:24:28] DHR IAR :( post please Im at work wont be able to update for a while until lunch
[21:24:33] DHR Mibbit will lose it all by then
[21:24:39] IAR lol

I guess I better post then... -.-'

EDIT: There are Abomasnow on Rout 17.

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Post-Game, Fossils outside the National Dex can be found be smashing Rocks in Glittering Cave (I think? After the Rhydon Passage)

Edit: Found Dragalge and Qwilfish by fishing with Super Rod on Route 8/Muraille Coast, Shellder and Skrelp at the same place with Good Rod, same place: Wailmer by surfing

A team Flare Grunt in Laverre City gives you (most likely only post game) a Dusk Stone

Last edited:

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Malva
Pyroar - Wild Charge
Torkoal - Curse/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Flame Wheel
Chandelure - Flamethrower/Shadow Ball/Confuse Ray/Confide
Talonflame - Quick Attack/Flail

Klebold
Clawitzer - Dark Pulse
Barbaracle - Razor Shell/X-Scissor
Gyarados - Ice Fang
Starmie - Dazzling Gleam

Diantha
Hawlucha - Flying Press/Poison Jab
Tyrantrum - Earthquake/Crunch
Aurorus - Thunder/Blizzard/Light Screen/Reflect
Goodra - Dragon Pulse/Muddy Water/Fire Blast

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)