Take care of yourself.
i hate these guys so much. mojang put all of the rabbit budget into making them cute so i'd want to get them, then left all the mechanics to this one junior programmer who was too busy doing side projects in unity or whatever to playtest them.
so basically rabbits are the only creature in the game that jump to get around instead of walking around. if you want to get a rabbit out of the wilderness and into your carefully constructed rabbit house, these are some of the issues you might encounter:
- even though they hop away from stuff at lightning speed, when following you they jump agonizingly slowly and it takes ages to move anywhere at all with them. seriously you can spend twice the amount of time you would with like a cow or a sheep
- they can get stuck on blocks and you have to go back and nudge them.
- if you have them on a leash, they can randomly die from fall damage.
OTHER FUN RABBIT FACTS!
- rabbits other than the desert and snowy variants are quite rare and spawn most commonly in taigas, where wolves and foxes naturally spawn to attack them. have fun being on constant alert for these guys!
- rabbits must be kept in a completely flat area because they can and will die from fall damage from jumping otherwise!
- minecraft developers love the idea of players losing progress and putting in effort for nothing! this is why they continue to leave creepers in the game unchanged