Mafia vs Village Raiders of the Lost Mafia - Game Over, Town Wins!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Extension requested yall idling cucks

D4 will end at 6pm PST 10/28 and I will be mostly unreachable in the ~2 hours before it sooooo. Get yourselves together.

Yeti

dark saturday
Deadline

To lynch Cancerous or not to lynch Cancerous, that is the question that plagued the village for two days. In the end, they decided to lynch him.

Cancerous said:
You are the Bandit.

Each night you may investigate one dead body and choose to pickpocket one living user. You will obtain any items on them.

You are allied with the Graverobbers.
At last, one of the Graverobbers falls!

It is now Night 4. N4 will end in 48 hours at 6PM PST. I may not be on to update then, depends on when I start driving, so I will update when I can.

Yeti

dark saturday
Update

The few of you who are left grow ever more nervous with the delays.

And all for nothing! Nobody even died!

Thatbyinnyu Temple was destroyed, though. Some suspicious folks just blew it on up after they looted it! How rude.

Results goin.

It is now Day Five. D5 will end in 24 hours at 6pm PST 11/1. I should be able to update at this time.

If you guessed the Unknown Temple's name, you were wrong.

Yeti

dark saturday
it's about that time

A bunch of Scottish lads, led by a lassie, all decide it is TIME for zorbees to get eaten by the Loch Ness Monster.

zorbees said:
You are the Informant.

Each night you may investigate one user and determine their action.

Och aye, another troublemaker is dead!

It is now Night Five. N5 will end when I have all actions or in 48 hours.

Yeti

dark saturday
Game Over!

Duskfall98 makes his last stand, wielding a shovel with sharpened edges. He waits for the first thing that moves.

jalmont strolls on by, "Hey buddy what's up want to share rol-"

BAM! jalmont gets his head caved in.

jalmont said:
You are the Archaeologist.

Each night you may follow one user and find out what temple they visited.

You are allied with the Town.
Duskfall98 looks around, realizing he may have been too aggressive. He sees all the members of the Town looking right at him.

"Drat."

Duskfall98 said:
You are the Distraction.

Each night you may choose one user to stand in front of. All actions targeting them will target you. Whoever targeted your target will only be told they visited 'the Distraction,' not your username.

The remaining townsmen (and woman) celebrate, all of the shadynasty people desecrating their temples are gone!

rssp1 said:
You are the Sheriff.

Each night you may investigate one user and determine their alignment.

OM room said:
You are the Nosy Local.

Each night you may watch over one temple and determine who visited it.

InfernoDragon218 said:
You are the Witch.

Every other night starting N1 you may cast a spell on one user. They will be poisoned, and die on the second night of their affliction unless healed.

Ampharos said:
You are the Dashing Rogue.

Each night you may choose either the Graverobbers or Cultists to rogue. If your chosen team kills you, you will be able to revive on demand and gain a new action.

After successfully reviving from the Cultists' kill, she gained the following new ability and lost the original rogue:

Ampharos said:
When you return, you will gain the ability to use your Rogue on another target, saving them from death.
Ampharos sits happily on her BPV. The remaining Town all wear kilts and play the bagpipes, cursed by the Ness of Brodgar to be Scottish forevermore.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X1saM_HmypoYO0jJ2cA7tHiKPdXJjulie2hu8vynqxg/edit?usp=sharing
Here is my game sheet, with all the roles, actions, item tracking, item descriptions, temple tracking, and temple information, including all their entry requirements, all their results, and the odds of getting each result.

Top Ten Temple Plays
One cop going to the temple that literally says it will kill you.
The other cop going to Stonehenge and going insane.
The Graverobbers getting a Revive item and sacrificing it to the Temple of Hephaestus...

Game Design
With a small game, especially with two mafia, it's very difficult to give the village multiple possible mislynches. Crossfire can swing the game wildly one way or another as well, so even though the village had perfect lynches they still hit MYLO due to no crossfire and the temple kill.

The village had a lot of informative roles for their size, but they had no hooker, martyr, safeguard or bodyguard (until the Rogue succeeded). They could get these via items in the temples but could not inherently block mafia actions or kills. It was sort of a race against time to clear as many people as you can or catch someone visiting or not visiting a suspicious temple.

The watcher and tracker both only learned temple information, which I think is much less incriminating than action information. Obviously you can get caught in a lie or get caught not following the village leader's temple instructions but it's not like you can be tracked to killing someone.

The village had 3 item roles, one that checked for items, one that looted items on dead bodies, and one that stole from living people. The mafia had the latter two roles compressed into one so each team had the ability to get items from any source.

Unfortunately this sabotaged the Graverobbers who used DLE's exact role as their dual-thief's claim. I tried to avoid telling them to use DLE's role name but it's sort of hard when that role name is really a giveaway as to a village role if you confirm it existing.

Speaking of the Graverobbers, they truly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. They killed DLE, who rssp1 had copped the night he went insane and not realized he went insane yet, who was going to be Poisoned by the village anyway, and then lost Cancerous due to his unlucky fake claim. If they had killed literally anyone else they would have been okay and potentially mislynched jalmont. They were close to stealthing the vote since the village took so long to do anything and tbh if I hadn't extended the day they may have won, because the village somehow considered Cancerous' outlandish claim of roleswapping and he just doesn't know how it's happening as potentially genuine.

They aimed a kill at rssp1 who was being protected but they got hooked anyway. And then they killed jalmont, who was the only other person in the PoE. Duskfall98 was never escaping the PoE so I called it. Speaking of, his role was supposed to be a Martyr but I wrote the RevMar action line for no explicable reason. Unlucky. He used it to protect Ampharos who really should have clued in Duskfall98 was mafia and his team was intentionally avoiding killing her/ever targeting her with a kill (which should in theory kill Duskfall98 instead).

The Cultists got absolutely trashed lol. I put Oddish's result from Ullar under Lady Salamence's result and she had an inexplicable vote, plus nobody bought Neighborizer. I thought it was a provable but weak role that town would just write off lol rip. Unfortunately her team contacted Former Hope after she died, who had 50/50'd and claimed to be a Graverobber. He snooped for information and narrowed down the other Cultists from what LS had said, and then Oddish. I think he also set up their kill onto Ampharos that she rogued, it would probably be a very different game if Cultists killed Ampharos when she was targeting the Graverobbers as she originally was that night. Somehow the village still didn't trust Former Hope. LightWolf-tier paranoia lmao. They were not successful in their endeavors as a team.

Most poorly-used role was the Witch, whose only actual poison attempt was onto a villager WHO WAS FRAMED!!! and then told to idle every other night of the game.

I have solved the problem of Ampharos consistently mislynching rogues by giving Ampharos the rogue role, preventing her from disbelieving her own claim and mislynching herself.

The Unknown Temple was JMax, but nobody guessed that before the game ended. SMH.

Thanks for playing everyone, hope you enjoyed the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)